alittlemoresound
    alittlemoresound's Avatar Become A Pro!

Please reply 2 this thread nhl futures

Picks 6 teams that you think will win the CUP.
    I want to make a wager with 6 teams. Betting $100 on each.

Im looking for
    some good advice from the pros. Everyone who post on this site is pretty dam good. Please post your picks. All info is much appreciated.

element1286
    element1286's Avatar Become A Pro!

Wait until the playoffs start. By that time there will be 2-3 clear cut teams to bet on. Right now it is too much speculation.

Right now Boston and San Jose are the only two teams that fit into my playoff algorithm. With Pittsburgh, Detroit, Vancouver, Philadelphia, Washington, New Jersey, Montreal, and Chicago having some of the traits of a Stanley Cup winner. But that could of course change dramatically by April.

Also, betting 6 teams is too many, you will almost assuringly lose money even if you win one. Better idea would be to bet 2-3 teams to win the Cup, and 2-3 teams in to win each conference.
    Last edited by element1286; 12-22-08 at 11:11 PM.

JsmooveFTW
    JsmooveFTW's Avatar Become A Pro!

If the Caps can get fully healthy, whoa. Look out

DennisGreen
    Update your status
    DennisGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1527

There's usually a low seeded team like 6 to 8th seeds that makes it there each year. Honestly the favorites rarely go all the way. The key to a deep playoff run is usually defence. Right now I like Vancouver and Chicago in the west as sleepers if you wanna call them that. In the east Jersey is doing surprisingly good and if Brodeur comes back healthy for playoffs they could make a run. Also the Caps have a deadly offensive team, if Theodore/Johnson start playing better they have a shot.

MAKAVELI 96
    MAKAVELI 96's Avatar Become A Pro!

west: sj, det, chi
    east: bos, was, phi

blg123
    blg123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 929

Quote Originally Posted by JsmooveFTW View Post
    If the Caps can get fully healthy, whoa. Look out

UM I hate to burst your bubble but you some that can acutally stop the puck!

blg123
    blg123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 929

I agree with Dennis above.. Boston is very strong right now the Rags will still be there but the Devils are the biggest sleeper of them all in the East... if Broduer comes back healthy and top of his game he is fresh and that is going to be a dangerous team come playoff time..

east--Boston,Rags,Devils
    West--san jose, Vancover (sleeper) and maybe Detroit

wannabet
    wannabet's Avatar Become A Pro!

Detroit is the only team you can really pick to win the cup at this point.Who will come out of the east is interesting, but I doubt they are going to get by Detroit. San Jose could get by Detroit in 7 games, possibly 6, but I wouldn't pick it. GL

Tepi01
    Tepi01's Avatar Become A Pro!

I still hold Detroit in the top 3 cup contender's in the west, They are doing well with almost no goaltending. I wouldn't be suprised at all to see them pick up a goaltender right before the playoff's. I really wouldn't be surprised to seeKhabibulin get traded there.

Other then that San Jose can never be counted out as they always do well and have been playing extremely well this year. Even Chicago has been playing amazing, say they keep it up and keep both of their goalies they have just as good a shot as any.

The east is a huge toss up. New jersey, montreal, boston, washington, buffalo and pittsburgh all have lots of potencial. I would honestly wait until it becomes closer to to playoffs and some pre-playoff trades go through.

AC1318
    AC1318's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

save that bet and once the playoffs start take the dogs each game you will profit.