Quote Originally Posted by JT OZ View Post
On the same note as you saying the Bulls players haven't accomplished anything, who besides Wade has proven anything for Miami? Don't get me wrong I like the heat in this series but I think Chicago has a lot better chance than you or others are giving them.
Lebron has been in the NBA finals, Conferences finals multiple years as well. The same goes for guys like Big Z, Haslem (championship), Howard, Dampier (finals appearance), Bibby (conf. finals), and maybe others I've forgotten. Boozer (WCF appearance), Kover (WCF appearance) and Thibbedeu (championship, finals apperance) are the three most experienced guys on the Bulls team. I'm not discounting the coaching. Tom is a way better coach than Eric.

However, this really just boils down to X's and O's. In the finals, I expect Spolstra to get exposed, and it will be up to the playoffs to make up for that lack of successful encouragement.

The Bulls are going to rely on Keith Bogans and Brewer to guard Dwayne Wade in this series. While this may seem solid, both of these guys have had trouble in the past defending Wade. Wade is originally from Chicago, and has had some his best PLAYOFF performances against the Bulls in the past. The same goes for Lebron, who will be guarded by Luol Deng. Deng in my opinion is the Bulls best perimeter defender, and can handle Lebron at times, but when he has the jump shot going, similar to Durant, Rose, or any other star, there is no one in the world that can defend Lebron. Deng I believe can make it hard for him at times, but to be frank, that's not enough when you have another top tier option in Dwayne Wade. 2 of the 3 best players on the planet on one team (and no, it can't be argued that Rose is better than Wade because He's done it for 1 season, and Wade even put up way better numbers in the past than Rose just did when he was the only option on a team). So miami has the 2 best players on the court.

Rose is going to get his but he's going to be guarded by about 4 different defenders. Bibby, Chalmers, Rose, and James. That's a lot of guys at a lot of different sizes, speeds, and lengths that can make it difficult for Rose.

Lets remember that the Jazz team that got to the WCF was very similar to this Bulls team. Bulls have a little better defense, but this team is structured the same way. A dominant scoring pg in D will, and they had Brewer, they had Korver and Boozer, they had Raja Ball (i.e. similar to Bogans), CJ miles- similar to deng, not as good. But you get the picture. They were never getting to the NBA championship.

Also lets remember that Boozer is one of the worst PF defenders in the NBA. Bosh will be a factor in this series, and with constant collapsing on Wade and James, Bosh is going to get wide open shots on a consistant basis and he loves those midrange jump shots.

The Bulls have a significant advantage in the paint with their bigs, but we have to take into account foul trouble. You got the two leading free throw shooters in the league on 1 team, puting pressure on the refs every possession. Its likely that Noah and Boozer are in foul trouble in some of these games. Plus Wade and James both averaged nearly 10 rebounds a piece in the Boston series. These guys are fully capable and explosive enough to grab rebounds over 7 footers when its needed.

The Bulls bench also has an advantage here. Guys like CJ Watson, Ashik, Gibson, Brewer have proven their toughness in the playoffs. However, the Bulls are seriously lacking in that guy off the bench that can create offense whenever he wants. They need Watson to be that guy for them. The Heat bench hasn't even been utilized. Think about Haslem, who is one of the best on the defensive end when he's healthy, chalmers, big bodies like Big Z, Dampier, Maglore, HOward, all who have signifcant playoff EXPERIENCE. Mike Miller has been no where to be found. These guys are going to get theirs eventually. Remember that in the end, these guys are NBA players, they won't keep missing WIDE OPEN jump shots on a consistant basis. In the end, they still are in the NBA. Just remember that.

So while Chicago might rely on packing in the paint and Rose creating most of the offense, they just don't have the offensive weapons to keep up with MIami in a playoff series of 7 games. Miami is going to pack in the paint too and force Rose to give it up. Bogans and Deng proven they can make outside shots, but the Heat are some of the best at closing out the three point line, and if you miss a deep 2, they are off to the races most likely with Wade and James.

So Miami has a significant advantage on the fast break. What we saw in the BOston series is that MIami is ruthless on the defensive end when you let them get their defense set. That's why Doc Rivers was begging Rondo to PUSH the ball and get Miami off Balance. Chicago must do this to have any sort of success. WHen the jitters are going, a lot of young pgs just bring it up slowly and think thats its easier to get a bucket like that when its not.