lemart5
    FOOTBALL TIME
    lemart5's Avatar Become A Pro!

Former Co Worker billionaire destroys his $44 Million Dollar home.

Oh, to be rich and ridiculous. Super wealthy hedge fund manager, David Tepper scooped up a gorgeous 6,165 square foot Hamptons Mansion that includes marble baths, huge bedrooms, oceanfront views, a tennis court, and the requisite swimming pool for a whopping $43.5 million bucks. But being one of those greedy Wall Street types, Tepper decided this palace wasn't good enough for his family of five, and he's knocking it down and building 11,268 square feet of ostentatiousness. The new pad will improve the ocean views by building up over the dunes (you know those dunes, such an eye sore!), and include a sunken tennis court -- versus that crappy traditional that's already on the property.

Not a great way to celebrate Earth Day, Tepper.

While I may not mind the wealthy spending $1,500 on a stroller, something about tearing down a perfectly good mansion -- to make an even bigger one -- is disgusting. But what do we expect from one of the richest hedge fund managers in the world, and former Goldman Sachs trader?

We have a family of four, and while our 1,000 square foot home can feel crowded at times, I guarantee you we don't need another 10,000 square feet in which to spread out. Honestly, I look at these massive multi-million dollar homes as I stalk cruise by Beverly Hills and wonder what in the world people do with that much space. Think of the heating and cooling bills in all of those unused rooms! Even if you have parties every now and then, there's no way you can fill up that much space. It's simply wasteful, and tearing down a beautiful home that's already massive, is a big eff you to the environment.

Gross. It's so typical of someone who's only goal is to make money, to waste it as well. Shame on you, David Tepper. Although I'm sure that's not the worst thing you've ever done in your illustrious hedge fund career.

horja1
    Grrrrrr
    horja1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

How much money does he have?

Blax0r
    Blax0r's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1512

I think his compensation for his best year was 4 billion USD; a $44 million dollar mansion in Southhampton is nothing to him. "Handicappers" in the financial markets are just ridiculous.

ThaWoj
    hope i dont wake up tomorrow
    ThaWoj's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3463

just like hugh hefner. takes one sip of a pepsi bottle, demands it to be thrown away and given a new one each time. he claims 'he wants the taste of the pepsi to be as fresh as possible.'...but fuk you starving kids in africa right?

ROYAJA8
    ROYAJA8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 257

He should just give me that mansion haha. Crazy rich people.

LegitBet
    steelers
    LegitBet's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ive heard some great stories about husbands doing this to thier wives before a divorce

Marigold HD
    Marigold HD's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47737

Ponzi scheme ???? Lol