helicopter23
    helicopter23's Avatar Become A Pro!

Tax HELP

I live in ny state, and I am single. I did not work the whole year and my only income was unemployment insurance which was $12,000 (I didn't pay tax on it, nobody does). I do my taxes online and I found out I owe about $420 to the federal and state, does this seem right??

Also I had about $1500 out of pocket dental expenses and I put that in and I still owe $420, why enter this shit if it doesn't even make a difference?

compaqDikk
    compaqDikk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

yes, unemployment is taxable. ask jj, he's been collecting 15 years

ipod
    GO DALLAS
    ipod's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by compaqDikk View Post
    yes, unemployment is taxable. ask jj, he's been collecting 15 years
    WHAT ABOUT CORBIN ELECTRIC HE IS OWNER/MANAGER- jj is big time

robmpink
    Update your status
    robmpink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

Quote Originally Posted by helicopter23 View Post
    I live in ny state, and I am single. I did not work the whole year and my only income was unemployment insurance which was $12,000 (I didn't pay tax on it, nobody does). I do my taxes online and I found out I owe about $420 to the federal and state, does this seem right??

Also I had about $1500 out of pocket dental expenses and I put that in and I still owe $420, why enter this shit if it doesn't even make a difference?

I think your oop dental expenses mean poop unless you itemize. Did you do you? To do so, I think it is about 10k or about that. I'm not an expert.

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

Just don't pay

stikymess
    stikymess's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 63

Well this is coming from personal experience. If you do nothing they will eventually find it. It can and will balloon, they will jam you with late fees and penalties. I find it outrageous that they expect you to live off that. My advice call them make a payment arrangement, of course they charge you for that as well but I had an original amount of 300 balloon to 1300 so call offer 25 a month see if they take it. Good luck.

VegasInsider
    Update your status
    VegasInsider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

A) Unemployment Insurance is taxable income. It can either come out per payment or at the end of the year, which is what's happening

B) Dental work is not tax-deductible unless you have itemized dedections, which is about $5,400 worth. If you don't have $5,400 to write up, you use standard deduction

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Quote Originally Posted by helicopter23 View Post

Don't pay it....fukkers are always trying to stick it to the man....send a message like Wesley Snipes did

dizzy_7
    dizzy_7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

How do you live off $12,000 a year????