chilidog
    chilidog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 956

People who recycle...

... are hypocritical idiots. It's the latest fashionable thing to do to show that you "care" about the environment. Bullshit. If you cared to begin with, you wouldn't use any petroleum products. No gas, no oil, no plastics, no polyester. You wouldn't use any precious metals that were dug out of the ground. In short, you would be better off just dying so that the environment can make better use of your body.

People really think that they're making a difference by buying these over-priced plastic containers to place their recyclable items into. They stand around these while they sort out their garbage into the special bins. They think that they're making such a huge difference. Yah, right. My wife works for a company that makes the plastic bottles that Coke and other companies use to put their product into, and it's much cheaper for them to buy brand new plastic preforms than it is to use the recycled ones.

Now, to me, if you want to buy into the latest craze and do what's popular, by all means, do it. I don't give a fukk what you do. Just like religious people that are too weak-minded and need a crutch in life, I really don't care what you do. Just don't try to influence my life and convince me to buy into your retarded plan to save the world. I'm going to continue to throw all trash into the same bin. I'm going to continue to leave the water on while I shave and brush my teeth. And I'll continue to make fun of you everytime you say one word about saving the damn environment.

/rant

GoldenRichards
    GoldenRichards's Avatar Become A Pro!

Recycling is the latest craze? What year is this?

Ridiculous logic anyway. The idea that if you can't do absolutely everything, there is no point doing anything. Lame, simpleton thinking.

Better way of thinking: every little bit helps.

chilidog

You think it actually helps? How can it possibly help if it's cheaper to produce a brand new bottle than to pacify people and make one out of recycled products?

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32741

Should recyclers be allowed to vote?

chilidog

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    Should recyclers be allowed to vote?
    LOL

clonecat
    clonecat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 798

Doesn't take too much work to do. Why not?

chilidog

Because you're doing more harm than good. You think that companies are just going to eat this cost? No. You pay more for recycled products. Did you know that a plastic bottle that contains something for human consumption can only be recycled one time? After that, it's too dangerous and unstable to be used. Where's it going to end up? Here's a post I found online that sums it up nicely:

"The fact is that it takes more energy and creates more pollution to recycle things than it does to place it in a landfill. Furthermore, modern technology has evolved to the point where landfills are actually helpful, as they serve as a source of natural gas power which is far cleaner than the fossil feuls more commonly in use.

The current methods of recycling utilize a host of chemical additives, stabilizers, plasticizers & conditioners, to name only a few, that must be added to the old material to get it to meet the criteria for whatever it is being “re-made” into. The end result is a poorer quality material that is less valuable and more toxic to both humans and the environment. Because there is currently no separating of the conglomerate of materials that go into, say, a soda can, for example, – the aluminum, manganese, magnesium, coatings, inks, paints & polymers – are all just melted down together into a cheaper, weaker, less valuable, less useful & less stable alloy which has limited use. It requires the addition of more chemicals to turn it into whatever its second life will be and has limited use before ending up in the landfill anyways, except when if finally gets there it will have many times more toxins than if it had arrived after it’s first use. Not only that but it will have also off-gassed & abraded several times more toxic chemicals into everything it came into contact with, including people, the food they ate and the air they breathed.

Recycled paper products such as paper towels, toilet paper & newspapers have shorter weaker fibers full of chemicals used to bleach it blank & recondition it which are causing a new epidemic of previously unheard-of alergies & respiratory impairments.

Textiles made of fibers from recycled plastic bottles contain toxins such as antimony, catalytic residues, ultraviolet stabilizers, plasticizers, & antioxidants, which were never designed to lie next to human skin.

Down-cycled paper as insulation is a current “environmental” trend, but additional chemicals such as fungicides to prevent mildew, must be added to make downcycled paper suitable for insulation, intesifying the problems already caused by toxic inks & other contaminants. The insulation then off-gasses formaldehyde & other chemicals into the home."

RubberKettle
    RubberKettle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 791

What kind of people do you like?

chilidog

Quote Originally Posted by RubberKettle View Post
    What kind of people do you like?
    Smart people.

RubberKettle
    RubberKettle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 791

Quote Originally Posted by chilidog View Post
    Smart people.
    What should be done with the rest?

chilidog

Quote Originally Posted by RubberKettle View Post

What should be done with the rest?
    Let them eat cake.

sparkyasu
    sparkyasu's Avatar Become A Pro!

The gas you let out with all your farts from eating so many chilidogs is worse for the envirnoment

chilidog

Quote Originally Posted by sparkyasu View Post
    The gas you let out with all your farts from eating so many chilidogs is worse for the envirnoment
    LOL. Chilidogs are almost non-existant in Costa Rica, otherwise your statement might hold some merit. I find it incredulous that you might possibly believe that methane is more harmful to the environment than recycling is.

sparkyasu
    sparkyasu's Avatar Become A Pro!

LOL. Chilidogs are almost non-existant in Costa Rica, otherwise your statement might hold some merit. I find it incredulous that you might possibly believe that methane is more harmful to the environment than recycling is.
    your farts are deadly

D3 Mighty Ducks
    D3 Mighty Ducks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 782

I throw all my garbage in the same bin and I don't give a fuk about the enviroment.

You like me now?

Naz18
    Naz18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1940

What a clown...

BigDaddy
    BigDaddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 729

nothing wrong with recyling

chilidog

Quote Originally Posted by D3 Mighty Ducks View Post
    I throw all my garbage in the same bin and I don't give a fuk about the enviroment.

You like me now?
    I do.

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddy View Post
    nothing wrong with recyling
    Incorrect. Plenty wrong with it. It costs more to recycle than to produce brand new. The recycling process is actually more harmful to the environment.

Sunde91
    Sunde91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255

Well, 2 months of recycling = about $12, good for W U fees.

Dad
    2011 Adult Entertainer of the Year
    Dad's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1086

I recycle for the money, not for planet earth. Only aluminum cans though. I always walk out of the recycling center with two bills+.

chilidog

Sure, nothing wrong with making money. But it's all still a scam. Companies like Coca-Cola don't like using recycled plastic preforms. It costs them more money. My wife's employer bitches about people falling for the recycling scam, because it costs him more money, because people like to feel good about buying recycled products. People don't realize that they're not actually helping anything. The chemicals themselves that are used to recycle products are harmful. The products end up in the landfills anyway. Plastics cannot be infinitely recycled.

You recycle because you're getting money back from a recycling center. Okay, but you're paying more money for the product to begin with, because somebody has to pay for the increased costs involved to use recycled plastics to begin with. The cost of recycled plastic preforms just went up, yet again, for all of the Americas. Which means that companies have to pay more for those. So, who's going to suffer? The companies' bottom line? Doubtful. Prices go up. Recycling doesn't help anything, but man, people sure are die-hard passionate about it.

falconticket
    falconticket's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1762

Is it ok to recycle our condoms

DustyDiamond
    DustyDiamond's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2541

I hate it how you have to wash and clean the shit before you can recycle it. Hmmm so I'm suppose to use MORE water and MORE energy to produce the hot water to clean it so I can then recycle it. Something is missing here.

robzilla
    An SBR Legend.
    robzilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 349

I recycle mostly because im only allowed 2 garbage cans a week, so the recycling box frees up a little more room for me. Im pretty sure the BP oil spill negated any progress i was making saving the environment.

dabomguy11
    dabomguy11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1633

Quote Originally Posted by DustyDiamond View Post
    I hate it how you have to wash and clean the shit before you can recycle it. Hmmm so I'm suppose to use MORE water and MORE energy to produce the hot water to clean it so I can then recycle it. Something is missing here.
    Why would you have to use hot water to clean your cans and bottles? You just have to rinse them out. That seems pretty silly.

And to the OP, you're logic is pretty dumb. Recycling has been a "fad" for decades now, and saying that it's just like religious people who need a crutch is plain ignorant. I'm not an avid recyclist or religious person, but that's just idiotic. It seems like you need to put other people down just to make yourself feel better that you don't recycle or some shit like that.

robzilla
    An SBR Legend.
    robzilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 349

I dont get people who use hot water to wash clothes. i think i have use hot water to do laundry once this year.

chilidog

Quote Originally Posted by dabomguy11 View Post

Why would you have to use hot water to clean your cans and bottles? You just have to rinse them out. That seems pretty silly.

And to the OP, you're logic is pretty dumb. Recycling has been a "fad" for decades now, and saying that it's just like religious people who need a crutch is plain ignorant. I'm not an avid recyclist or religious person, but that's just idiotic. It seems like you need to put other people down just to make yourself feel better that you don't recycle or some shit like that.
    Interesting where you draw the line. So it's good for the environment to put some plastic/glass/aluminum in some special bins, but you hold no issue with wasting water as well to clean them out? Did you know that 1 in 5 people on this earth does not have access to safe drinking water. So yah, waste water all you want, but be sure to put those plastic bottles in the proper bins (just so that you can pay more for the same thing later on)! They're what matter the most anyway, right?

Boscoe
    Boscoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 494

recycling paper is silly. paper comes from trees!

JOHON8
    gambling fallacy
    JOHON8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 338

Maybe you should concentrate your rage at people who are fukking up the environment not those who are trying to do what they can to save it.

If money is your issue, then you're a hypocrite.

benjy
    Untitled
    benjy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2882

Smart people.
    Or just people who agree with you? Or by some twisted logic must all people you deem smart necessarily agree with you?

Let them eat cake.
    LOL. Nicely done.

neverstoppers23
    neverstoppers23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

I agree with you in part, that some times it does seem people use this term Green in some 'cool' appeal to it. However, I recycle and my family always has. Especially in my city where all you have to do is just throw all your plastic jars and cans into a bag if you want,. Also its not that difficult to just get a paper bag and put all your newspapers in it and put it out every two weeks. Simple things like that I believe everyone should do, but they don't/

chilidog

Quote Originally Posted by JOHON8 View Post
    Maybe you should concentrate your rage at people who are fukking up the environment not those who are trying to do what they can to save it.

If money is your issue, then you're a hypocrite.
    There's no rage; it was a rant. And we all fukk up the environment. Every last one of us. I'm just not going to pretend that I don't.

Quote Originally Posted by benjy View Post
    Or just people who agree with you? Or by some twisted logic must all people you deem smart necessarily agree with you?
    No, not at all. That would make me rather narcissistic to expect everybody to agree with me. I welcome a good debate

Doug
    Doug's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1298

I used to try to recycle everything...not possible with my wife, she wins everything in the garbage.

I think recycling paper is very viable and cheaper than cutting down trees. Metal is a no brainer !

Plastics are iffy....if you don't recycle them there is going to be a shitload of waste stuff that lasts for centuries.

I'd recycle everything if I was single and didn't have a Dumbass wife bitching at me 31.

Vesuvius
    Vesuvius's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

People who recycle... ARE WASTING THEIR TIME!!!!

PanamaBrad
    PanamaBrad's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 395

It is actually a good line to use on hot hippie chicks. Then you recycle them to a buddy.

12 Last