Originally posted on 10/15/2022:

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
I have some more free time now, so I decided to join the ladder.

I'm guessing I'll start at the bottom, dragging down SBR's prestige like a Vanderbilt to the rest of the forum's SEC. Like a good SEC team my plan is to beat up on some soft non-conference opponents at first and then maybe pull off an upset against one of you guys.
Awesome!

I see you challenged irontown, and sht10. You should be able to beat irontown, as he plays pretty aggressively. sht10 is a pretty decent player though so, if he beats you don't feel bad.

Here's a list of aggressive players that I recommend you challenge until you can build your confidence up a bit. mary hunt, tc, Tammy, ~~Princess~~, robert sawyers, Freddo48, moose 3:O), Angelo Piantadosi, Frank, Honiahaka, and winbig2-Sherry.

That should keep you busy for a while.

Btw, the rankings aren't always particularly accurate because of the way that they do it. They're just sort of fun to look at.

And just be careful not to move into the X-hexes too early in games. The X-hexes are the Hexes in Red in the image below. The reason you don't want to move into X-hexes too early in games is because it makes you vulnerable to giving up a corner.

If anyone else is interested in joining the Hexversi Ladder, let me know! I'll give you a simple game plan on how to beat the aggressive players listed above on your very first game. I'll give you a better than 50% chance even. Good luck in the Ladder!