statnerds
    Put me in coach
    statnerds's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 103

Just busted my scalping cherry

and i must say, sticking with my original assertion. One will never get rich on scalping alone. i do think it may prove to be a valuable arrow added to my quiver, but certainly not a stand alone strategy to sports betting.

(1.79+1)/(1.74+1)*1.74

was that the right formula gents?

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

Look into live betting to open up much more lucrative opportunities.
    Last edited by suicidekings; 06-29-10 at 05:04 AM.

statnerds
    Put me in coach

just found my 3rd and largest one yet, with a damn near 3% return. so i can readily admit that the potential is there if you can find 3 or so per week, and return 5%, as i did, to safely augment your BR.

if nothing else, you are charging the books a fee to transfer funds between books.

live betting sounds like a viable market for the scalp, but i simply do not have the time.

solderjob
    solderjob's Avatar Become A Pro!

RISK EXPOSURE Theory

Scapling doesnt work in Sportbetting as it actually increase more RISK EXPOSURE.

I wan to advocate on this term "RISK EXPOSURE" THEORY in terms of sportbook betting.
    Its basically on how to control our risk exposure to the minimal while still able to have a LEVEL CHANCE in playing against the sportbook odds controller. 3 important Examples can be Hedging, Handicap betting & UseSmallWinBig.

-In Hedging , it means counterbuying of other alternatives to make sure when you lose , you didnt lose so much so to maximise your winnings. Example can be buying of Total Goal 0, Total Goal 1 and Total Goal 3 together, ensuring the individual Total Goal odds can covered at least 2 or more bets.

-In Handicap betting, best to opt for 0/+0.5 during inplay matches, to maximise your winnings.

-In UseSmallWinBig, you can bet on Parlay to combine with Hedging method. Example, buy more Doubles scenarios to cover the 2 matches outcomes.

Please do realise that above methods are all to make our RISK EXPOSURE to minimum so as to level up with the operator. ONE EXPERT ONCE SAY, SPORTBOOK BETTING IN LONG TERM WILL NOT BE GOOD , SO OBJECTIVE OF EVERY MATCH IS TO MAKE OUR RISK EXPOSURE LEVEL AS CLOSE TO 50% POSSIBLE WITH OPERATOR.
    For example, if one person bet on 1X2 (Home Team Win), he will have a RISK EXPOSURE of 66% because 1X2 can have 3 outcomes. So betting on 1X2 generally is a big risk , thats why ppl normally go for one of the methods i listed above is Handicap. But i will suggest you use the hybrid method of Hedging + UseSmallWinBig.

If u all wan more details, please do enquire over here.

statnerds
    Put me in coach

the only thing worse than hedging is the parlay.

i will give further thought to your post later, but knee-jerk reaction is not good.

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by solderjob View Post
    Scapling doesnt work in Sportbetting as it actually increase more RISK EXPOSURE.

I wan to advocate on this term "RISK EXPOSURE" THEORY in terms of sportbook betting.
    Its basically on how to control our risk exposure to the minimal while still able to have a LEVEL CHANCE in playing against the sportbook odds controller. 3 important Examples can be Hedging, Handicap betting & UseSmallWinBig.

-In Hedging , it means counterbuying of other alternatives to make sure when you lose , you didnt lose so much so to maximise your winnings. Example can be buying of Total Goal 0, Total Goal 1 and Total Goal 3 together, ensuring the individual Total Goal odds can covered at least 2 or more bets.

-In Handicap betting, best to opt for 0/+0.5 during inplay matches, to maximise your winnings.

-In UseSmallWinBig, you can bet on Parlay to combine with Hedging method. Example, buy more Doubles scenarios to cover the 2 matches outcomes.

Please do realise that above methods are all to make our RISK EXPOSURE to minimum so as to level up with the operator. ONE EXPERT ONCE SAY, SPORTBOOK BETTING IN LONG TERM WILL NOT BE GOOD , SO OBJECTIVE OF EVERY MATCH IS TO MAKE OUR RISK EXPOSURE LEVEL AS CLOSE TO 50% POSSIBLE WITH OPERATOR.
    For example, if one person bet on 1X2 (Home Team Win), he will have a RISK EXPOSURE of 66% because 1X2 can have 3 outcomes. So betting on 1X2 generally is a big risk , thats why ppl normally go for one of the methods i listed above is Handicap. But i will suggest you use the hybrid method of Hedging + UseSmallWinBig.

If u all wan more details, please do enquire over here.
    False.

Thremp
    Thremp's Avatar Become A Pro!

Everyone who's written more than one word in this thread understands virtually nothing.

statnerds
    Put me in coach

Quote Originally Posted by Thremp View Post
    Everyone who's written more than one word in this thread understands virtually nothing.
    another awesome job my friend. ranks right up there with your other nearly invaluable contributions to SBR.

like the time you built a solid argument based on years of data

or

the time you proved your point using mathematical equations

or

the time you remove any doubt about making good $$$$ scalping by starting with a $1,000,000 BR

cd til you bf post

Thremp

There is nothing to refute. You take someone who's incompetent, have them attempt a skill they're unable to preform, and then try to draw conclusions based on that.

If you can't make a "living" scalping, you just suck at it.

rfr3sh
    Blind Knucklehead
    rfr3sh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 604

Poogs
    Poogs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1346

I wonder if you guys even know what scalping is?

csm506
    csm506's Avatar Become A Pro!

I have tried that and it is really hard at times any pointers?

Thremp

Type faster. Seriously.

ForgetWallStreet
    ForgetWallStreet's Avatar Become A Pro!

Scalping/chasing steam/making tons betting sports/whatever you want to call it is only hard for noobs because they don't know where, what, and when to bet, and the people who do know have absolutely no incentive to share this info. Of course, they could figure it out for themselves with a mere few hours of actual work, but that's asking too much of most.

ForgetWallStreet

Quote Originally Posted by Thremp View Post
    Type faster. Seriously.
    Amazing that good password selection never makes the rules to live by lists.

Thremp

Quote Originally Posted by ForgetWallStreet View Post
    Scalping/chasing steam/making tons betting sports/whatever you want to call it is only hard for noobs because they don't know where, what, and when to bet, and the people who do know have absolutely no incentive to share this info. Of course, they could figure it out for themselves with a mere few hours of actual work, but that's asking too much of most.
    An interesting subset is how some attempt to do this, fail, and then "conclude" some asinine drivel. They're oblivious to the fact that its akin to saying "No one can make a living playing ball" and someone pointing out that he's Kobe Bryant, while the clowns stick to their assertion that since they're incompetent, ergo everyone is.

arwar
    arwar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1544

Quote Originally Posted by statnerds View Post
    just found my 3rd and largest one yet, with a damn near 3% return. so i can readily admit that the potential is there if you can find 3 or so per week, and return 5%, as i did, to safely augment your BR.

if nothing else, you are charging the books a fee to transfer funds between books.

live betting sounds like a viable market for the scalp, but i simply do not have the time.
    you need ~~30K split between 10-15 books and you can expect a ROI of 10-12%/month. so that would net ~3K a month. it is up to you to decide if that is worthwhile for you. might be a good bump for some.

arwar

Quote Originally Posted by ForgetWallStreet View Post
    hold on a second - scalping/chasing steam/making tons --- are not the same thing - you need to call them different things.

subs
    subs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 969

ok been trying it and got my limits stupidly reduced from 2 books already !

how long can u keep going for? i am not in a position to have family and friends open accounts for me. so if i keep hitting weak but obscure lines am i going to be out of business soon?

i guess i'll find out soon but any tips on dealing with this especially from the "kobe bryants" of this forum is much appreciated.

thremp + arwar + forgetwallstreet + any1 hell i'll even take advice from the steve kerrs out there.
    Last edited by subs; 07-19-10 at 09:18 AM.

ForgetWallStreet

Quote Originally Posted by arwar View Post
    hold on a second - scalping/chasing steam/making tons --- are not the same thing - you need to call them different things.
    You're right, but if you can do one then you certainly understand/can do the other.

Quote Originally Posted by subs View Post

how long can u keep going for? i am not in a position to have family and friends open accounts for me. so if i keep hitting weak but obscure lines am i going to be out of business soon?

i guess i'll find out soon but any tips on dealing with this especially from the "kobe bryants" of this forum is much appreciated.

thremp + arwar + forgetwallstreet + any1 hell i'll even take advice from the steve kerrs out there.
    There are lots & lots of books, and most of them are terrible at their jobs. Keep your eyes open.
    Points Awarded:

subs gave ForgetWallStreet 5 SBR Point(s) for this post.

subs
    subs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 969

thanks for the encouragement

Johnny 55
    Johnny 55's Avatar Become A Pro!

I have gotten stupider reading this thread.

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

I've never understood why Thremp even posts. Every single post on every forum I see if just talking shit and attacking people. Just like most frauds exposed here I don't believe anyone is killing the books without proof or great posts showing exceptional knowledge of a particular topic, which at least leaves the potential for this actually to be happening.

If I was as good as him and others pretend or project to be online I wouldn't even have a care or time for coming on here and pounding on people just trying to learn. I have never scalped, sure it can be done, but maybe try to contribute to the forum a little if you are going to take the time to log on and berate people?

jerryhugo
    jerryhugo's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny 55 View Post
    I have gotten stupider reading this thread.
    I concur +1

chachi
    Lazy Git
    chachi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

I do this in the UK/IRE horse race markets all the time.

To me, if someone is offering 25 and Betfair is 14/15, it is rude not to take it, lay it back for stake and take the free upside. Sort of like an investment bank offering free call options ...

arwar

Quote Originally Posted by subs View Post

what did you do to get your limits reduced? you obviously can'y play 186.33 bets like that useless scalp calculator (except at matchbook) says. so long as you are making bets in round numbers you should be under the radar. of course you can get into trouble if both books are under the same umbrella, but usually in that cse the lines are the same anyway. with most books today they let you just enter a number like 100. say you have a scalp NYY-110 at bookA and BOS+120 at bookB. Go to bookA and enter 100 on NYY and it will come back with risking 110 to win 100. Go to bookB and enter 100 on BOS and it will come back with risking 100 to win 120. place wagers like this and there is no way for the book to suspect anything. it's just a plain vanilla play and if BOS wins you scalp the 10 - if NYY wins you break even. it's not rocket science.