BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

Warning: Game could be fixed this week in Madison

Big Ten officials likely to receive a memo this week instructing them to make sure Michigan wins this game. No way the Big Ten wants Wisconsin to win this game....A michigan win sets up the possibility for a (over)hyed buildup of OSU/Michigan again just like last year and ensures that Michigan has a legitimate shot of going to a BCS game...thus getting 2 Big Ten teams instead of 1 which means more $$$$ for the conference.

Big Ten is cringing at the idea of Wisconsin winning....Refs on high alert this weekend for that. Look for questionnable officiating.

manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

it's pretty discouraging when you realize that what you are seeing is not actually real. officials should be paid large salaries to be sequestered and monitored. i know there will always be fixes-it just sucks!

justdoingit
    justdoingit's Avatar Become A Pro!

i think that is to bad since everyone is already on it since it is such a look ahead game

Doc JS
    Doc JS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by BuddyBear View Post
    Big Ten officials likely to receive a memo this week instructing them to make sure Michigan wins this game. No way the Big Ten wants Wisconsin to win this game....A michigan win sets up the possibility for a (over)hyed buildup of OSU/Michigan again just like last year and ensures that Michigan has a legitimate shot of going to a BCS game...thus getting 2 Big Ten teams instead of 1 which means more $$$$ for the conference.

Big Ten is cringing at the idea of Wisconsin winning....Refs on high alert this weekend for that. Look for questionnable officiating.

BB,
    I enjoy reading your posts because I respect your capping opinions...But do you have any proof of this? You know, like a copy of the letter, maybe?

Or are you just working on your own conspiracy theory here???

BuddyBear
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Doc JS View Post
    BB,
    I enjoy reading your posts because I respect your capping opinions...But do you have any proof of this? You know, like a copy of the letter, maybe?

Or are you just working on your own conspiracy theory here???
    More just a working theory here but sometimes common sense has to dictate how you think about a game. If you are a Big Ten bueracrat, who would you prefer to see win? Or put it this way, who you prefer to see lose? Certainly having OSU/MICH both undefeated is very desirable in terms of ratings and hype. Moreover, having Michigan go to a BCS game is also financially desirable for the conference and its reputation

I remember watching the Boise State/Nevada game last year and saw the same exact thing happen where the officiating was very poor in the first quarter. I'd be very hesitant to back Wisconsin knowing the Big Ten wants them to lose this game....it's all about money in my opinion.

rjt721
    rjt721's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

I don't know about this. Even with a loss to Wisky, UM will head to the Rose Bowl if they beat OSU next week (both would be 7-1 in the conference, UM would hold the head-to-head tiebreaker), so this game has no relevance on both UM and OSU going to BCS bowls. A 3-loss UM would go to the Rose, while a 1-loss OSU would still be assured of a BCS bid.

I think the biggest question in this game is whether Lloyd Carr plays to win, knowing that Hart and Henne aren't 100% and he'll need both to be next week with a trip to the Rose Bowl and the chance to spoil OSU's title hopes at stake. It wouldn't surprise me if Hart and Henne both saw limited action.

If UM does indeed play to win, they win this game going away. Wisky's completely depleted by injuries - PJ Hill's unlikely to go, and the offensive and defensive lines are a mess for the Badgers right now.
    Last edited by rjt721; 11-07-07 at 05:11 PM.

mark wahlberg
    mark wahlberg's Avatar Become A Pro!

a game where millions of people watching is going to be fixed lol. what a nut

BuddyBear
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by mark wahlberg View Post
    a game where millions of people watching is going to be fixed lol. what a nut
    You watched any NBA before?

xyzky
    xyzky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

Nice Theory

I was backing Michigan anyway, so, this just makes me feel a little more warm and fuzzy inside.

mark wahlberg

no such thing as fixed games in games where millions of people are watching sorry you are wrong

BuddyBear
    Update your status

no such thing as fixed games in games where millions of people are watching sorry you are wrong
    Okay, so you are telling me the millions of people who watched NBA games last year did not see fixed games after a referre admitted to fixing the games?????

Of course it is natural to believe that games are not fixed and that everything is on the up-and-up....and trust me I want to...but when you are dealing with money, you have to take a closer look. Don't be naive.

You really think the game last night wasn't fixed too between CMU/WMU. Magically the total goes over after it opens at 68.5 and closes at 59 and lands on 65 on the last second with a questionnable call.

Come on man.......it's just an angle for this game but it is something to think about.

VegasDave
    Philosophy Frog
    VegasDave's Avatar Become A Pro!

You watched any NBA before?
    Haha.

Plus, it doesn't have to be a full-blown-80-yard-PI call type of fix. One iffy holding call on Wisc to turn a TD drive into a FG could be all that they need. And no one will call foul on that.

Like the heads up BB. Michigan on a 9 game winning streak hosting undefeated Ohio State looks so much better than Mich coming off a loss.

mark wahlberg

ive never seen a fixed game in my life sorry believe your fairy tales only people that believe in fixed games are people that give excuses for losing propagnada crap this all is

BuddyBear
    Update your status

ive never seen a fixed game in my life sorry believe your fairy tales only people that believe in fixed games are people that give excuses for losing propagnada crap this all is

Okay...so NBA games were not fixed at all last year???? Even after the official admitted to it? Can you please comment on that..... Thanks!

savman
    savman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 258

Big Ten officials likely to receive a memo this week instructing them to make sure Michigan wins this game.

...a paper trail? Yeah I don't think so...

mark wahlberg

we are talking college football here not nba what does the fact that a few games in the nba were fixed what does that have to do with this game? no way this game is fixed no way

ShamsWoof10
    ShamsWoof10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

This is a horrible comment... How the hell would you know if a game was fixed..? If you don't noticed that it was fixed then it's not fixed..??? As BB said...then you must not have watched the NBA game last year that was admitted fixed...

Watch that game and give us your "PROFESSIONAL" opinion...

BuddyBear
    Update your status

we are talking college football here not nba what does the fact that a few games in the nba were fixed what does that have to do with this game? no way this game is fixed no way
    because you explicity said "no such thing as fixed games in games where millions of people are watching sorry you are wrong"....you didn't mention what sport but you were factually off base.

What about the toledo point shaving scandal of a few years ago?

What about last week's MTSU/ULM game?

Come on man, don't be naive.....This is just a warning and nothing more. Proceed at your own risk.

BuddyBear
    Update your status

And one other thing, if a game can be fixed in an NBA game then it surely can for an NCAAF game as well. That's just common sense.

Willie Bee
    Willie Bee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 305

Buddy, the idea that a conference would consider such a thing to get two teams into the BCS Bowls is not all that far-fetched to me, so I agree with you that it could/will/has happened. Too many dead presidents at stake not to be tempted.

But I agree with something rjt sort of brought up, and that's the idea of the Michigan-Wisconsin game being the one they would 'fix.' If Michigan loses to Ohio State, no way the Big Ten gets two teams into the BCS, so it would seem the Wolverines and Badgers really means little to the grand scheme.

In the end, I don't believe anything is on the up-&-up any longer, but that's probably because I'm a cynical and crotchety old fart.

hhsilver
    hhsilver's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29958

What about last week's MTSU/ULM game?

I may have missed news or a thread here about this game. Would appreciate it if you could briefly report what happened.

BuddyBear
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by hhsilver View Post
    I may have missed news or a thread here about this game. Would appreciate it if you could briefly report what happened.
    Line opened MTSU -4.5 and got bet down to MTSU -3.5/-3.

MTSU was leading 37-33 in the 4th quarter with less than 1:00 left and UL-Monroe scored to make it 40-37 with .57 left to go. Mind you the spread was MTSU -3.5 after the sharps had pounded UL-Monroe +4.5 & +4 & +3.5

MTSU returns the kickoff for a TD and scores to take a 43-40 lead with the XP pending. MTSU misses the XP and leaves it conveniently a 3 pt game for a 43-40 final instead of 44-40.

Very suspect...

BuddyBear
    Update your status

And by the way, what about Dennis Franchione's newsletter? Does that not reek of fixing games?

greek
    greek's Avatar Become A Pro!

Dude Iam Here In Nebraska , With All The Callahan Stuff----- And TheY Dig In The Mothballs To Get An Ad? Its All About The Benjamins Fool, All Nebraska Has To Do [next Year] Is Win 6 Games Why? Cause They Win The Big 12 North And Go To The Bowl Game , Why? Because We Travel Well , Warren Buffet, 2nd Richest Man Owns Nebraska And The Power Co In Most Of Iowa ,HE SUPPORTS THE PROGRAM BIGTIME , Its All About Money,SPORTS ,ENTERTAINMENT , Dude ,football Brings Money To Nebr. And Wherever They Play,its All Business , People Are Losin A Lot Here , When Huskers Aint Winning, Hotels ,Airlines Etc....----- My Uncle Played In The Nfl For Over 9 Years , He Say Some Games Were Rigged , Are You Blind , Do You Live In Disney Land? Its All About $$$$$$$$$$$ Wake Up

babaoriley
    babaoriley's Avatar Become A Pro!

greek, I lost about 10,000 brain cells reading that last post. Do you live near a nuclear reactor by chance?

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5059

I sure hope not Buddy Bear. I took Wisconsin +2.5 on Saturday.

NEP Dynasty
    NEP Dynasty's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Line opened MTSU -4.5 and got bet down to MTSU -3.5/-3.

MTSU was leading 37-33 in the 4th quarter with less than 1:00 left and UL-Monroe scored to make it 40-37 with .57 left to go. Mind you the spread was MTSU -3.5 after the sharps had pounded UL-Monroe +4.5 & +4 & +3.5

MTSU returns the kickoff for a TD and scores to take a 43-40 lead with the XP pending. MTSU misses the XP and leaves it conveniently a 3 pt game for a 43-40 final instead of 44-40.

Very suspect...
    Damn BuddyBear, this is extremely interesting. I had no idea that this happening, so thanks for pointing it out to me.
    To me, it seems like this has a much better chance of happening in the smaller conferences such as this one, where few people are watching, as opposed to a marquee Big 10 game with millions watching. With that being said, nothing would surprise me.

idontlikerocks
    idontlikerocks's Avatar Become A Pro!

i think you are right about this one, but i think the michigan - ohio state game will favor ohio state. the big ten will want ohio st. in the bcs championship game .

Big Flo
    Big Flo's Avatar Become A Pro!

Is wisconsin really that good?

Wisconsin has'nt been playing good all year anyways. Even when their at home they struggle. Still, if Michigan wins by 3 Wisconsin covers by a 1/2 point. Does sorry officiating really have true meaning to handicappers if Michigan wins by three? I think not!

puttn4par
    puttn4par's Avatar Become A Pro!

Very good point Buddy.. Keep up the good insight...

hhsilver
    hhsilver's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29958

Bubbybear,
    Thanks for the details of MTSU game. It does make one wonder.

jon13009
    jon13009's Avatar Become A Pro!

Fix or no fix, this should be an interesting game to monitor.

Mr Handicapable
    Mr Handicapable's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

Markie Mark....you sir are a dumb shit! Not only have there been point fixing in NCAA football, the latest ones caught were in the same conference! The kicker from Northwestern pleaded guilty and received a jail sentence I believe? He made the bets and the star tailback made the fumbles (can't recall the names). The league officials is a different twist and unlikely imo....but to say it never happens is ridiculous! On another note...can you please give me my money back for Planet of the Apes!
    Last edited by Mr Handicapable; 11-08-07 at 10:28 AM.

Furt
    Furt's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think its a little paranoid to assume some sort of fix in this one. I'll certainly be watching the officials after reading this but I don't see anyway Big Ten officials would fix this game.

I like Michigan to win it anyway. In fact, I'm going to lay a pretty sum on it. There's no way they are missing out on a chance to play Ohio St for the conference title (and this has nothing to do with the officials).

Furt
    Furt's Avatar Become A Pro!

Gee, wouldn't ya know it. Went to place my bet and the line is at 3 now. Was at 2.5 10 minutes ago

123 Last