evo34
    evo34's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2005

Fairlay

I would encourage people to check out Fairlay.com. It's a BTC-only betting exchange with zero comms (for now). Right now, they have a market maker who clones Pinnacle exactly.

Pros:
    • Reduced juice and decent limits on everything.
    • Tons of alternate lines are offered.
    • Payouts and deposits are free and usually quick.
    • Zero commission on sports.
    • Potential for a true exchange down the road (right now, it's really only the MM making offers).

Cons:
    • No idea of the how well-funded the owners or their market marker are.
    • Anononymity doesn't seem to be a priority (anyone with an API can apparently see which userid is betting a given game -- I have not confirmed this first-hand).
    • The MM hits Pinnacle pretty hard in response to certain bet amounts/types/users.
    • It appears to be run by a very small group of people.
    • Interface needs work. It's esp. counter-intuitive for American-style odds. The site itself is also pretty sluggish.
    • They tend to close games 2-3 min. before Pinnacle does.

This is def. a work in progress, but well worth using if you lack access to Pinnacle. If things break right, I think they could become a big player within 2-3 years.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 4276

Which part is counter intuitive with US odds?

I recall looking at it a while ago and thinking it looked like an American had designed it for an international market. Mainly due to the home teams being listed 2nd. But I thought it looked better for Americans than betfair, understanding wise.
    250pts

SBR POKER TOURNEY3rd Place 1/9/2017

World
    Poker
    Cup 2nd place

$20
    Angelman
    donation 2/15/2016

evo34

They force users to bet on or against the road team. And if you are betting against the team, displayed odds of "+107" really means "-107", and vice versa. Pretty easy to get used to, but they should probably change if they want to attract a lot of US bettors.

E.g., if you want to bet on Hou -9.5, the juice shown is the inverse of what you would get:

https://gyazo.com/5cdf1dcee5ce17fb79ab8c13d4aee01e

evo34

BTW, is there any way to add Fairlay to SBROdds? I think over time, the odds their will differ more frequently from Pinnacle, and so adding them to the SBROdds books would be useful.

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by evo34 View Post
    They force users to bet on or against the road team. And if you are betting against the team, displayed odds of "+107" really means "-107", and vice versa. Pretty easy to get used to, but they should probably change if they want to attract a lot of US bettors.

E.g., if you want to bet on Hou -9.5, the juice shown is the inverse of what you would get:

https://gyazo.com/5cdf1dcee5ce17fb79ab8c13d4aee01e

I "think" that they may think this is simpler than a regular exchange layout offering lay/bet on both sides. And may have also been done with Americans in mind.

Might be wrong and I know it's a bit weird at first but do you remember how many people used to say Betfair was too confusing and would not even try to get used to it? Pretty sure they chose the bet/lay against one proposition to address that problem.

BTW, is there any way to add Fairlay to SBROdds? I think over time, the odds their will differ more frequently from Pinnacle, and so adding them to the SBROdds books would be useful.
    SBR Forum answered someone asking the same thing recently by saying he would ask the techs to check if their API was compatible.

250pts

World
    Poker
    Cup 2nd place

$20
    Angelman
    donation 2/15/2016

evo34

All they would have to do is allow people to bet "on" either team. The empty space is already there in the interface, so why not use it?

It becomes more confusing when you look at your pending bets, and it only lists the road team -- you have to check each line to see if you bet "on" or "against" that team.

It wouldn't take much, but these two changes would make US bettors a lot more comfortable IMO.

HeeeHAWWWW
    HeeeHAWWWW's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 308

Certainly room in the market for another exchange, with Betfair getting ever greedier with their commission. Then again, been saying that about Matchbook for a while.

littlekona
    littlekona's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

I opened account there as I see they have UK horse racing...I played around little and totally confused by the website on how to buy or lay bets...Also can you do parlays? Looks like a good concept the site but I am totally overwhelmed by layout...someone who represents them should or SBR should do a video on how too wager and lay bets ect on the site

evo34

I think they plan to add video tutorials to the site.

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by littlekona View Post
    I opened account there as I see they have UK horse racing...I played around little and totally confused by the website on how to buy or lay bets...Also can you do parlays? Looks like a good concept the site but I am totally overwhelmed by layout...someone who represents them should or SBR should do a video on how too wager and lay bets ect on the site
    I think they plan to add video tutorials to the site.
    I think a small deposit free bonus to let people place a bet or two would be a good idea here.

I think it is just a case of wanting to work it out enough. It's not really confusing once you have made an offer or two.
    250pts

World
    Poker
    Cup 2nd place

$20
    Angelman
    donation 2/15/2016

thespeculator
    thespeculator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5442

the horse racing seems to close 10 minutes before the off. Other than that good site

jjgold
    Update your status
    jjgold's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24

too risky

anyone can be running this book

pass
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: futbolmundial

Bald
    & Proud
    of Myself -jjgold

SBR Founder Join Date: 7/20/2005

evo34

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    too risky

anyone can be running this book

pass
    As opposed to other bitcoin books, where no one knows who is running the operation?