Roscoe_Word
    Roscoe_Word's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8667

Quote Originally Posted by littlekona View Post
    No taker means it’s a instant match only it won’t save bet if no match...maker taker is if no match it will keep open the wager until a match or wagering closes...you can change to American that what I do In tool icon preference on top
    OK, thank you. I've never bet at an exchange. Not sure if I'll be able to figure this out.

littlekona
    littlekona's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5828

Quote Originally Posted by Roscoe_Word View Post
    OK, thank you. I've never bet at an exchange. Not sure if I'll be able to figure this out.
    Yea it’s confusing at first I was totally lost now it’s easy peasy like anything you do over over again in life

littlekona

Are you on Washington or Boston? I like Washington

Roscoe_Word

What preference should a sportsbettor select? Taker or Maker Taker. With an exchange is there a chance one could put a bet in, and if its not "matched" then it could be no bet? If I start asking too many questions just ignore and I won't break balls. Thanks

Roscoe_Word

Are you on Washington or Boston? I like Washington
    I took WASH +1 (-110) @ Bookmaker. Not close to figuring out Fairlay yet. What did you get for a line?

littlekona

I took WASH +1 (-110) @ Bookmaker. Not close to figuring out Fairlay yet. What did you get for a line?
    I will rail with u as I’m taking Washington ML too but waiting for lineups to confirm as once Irving is listed as starter I think line moves to Boston

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

I circled what the outcome is. For instance.... every outcome will ALWAYS BE GREEN. If you believe Boston +1 will win. You would select GREEN or in other words... ON. If you believe Washington -1 will win... you would select that RED color or in other words... AGAINST.

I circled what the outcome is. For instance.... every outcome will ALWAYS BE GREEN. If you believe Boston +1 will win. You would select GREEN or in other words... ON. If you believe Washington -1 will win... you would select that RED color or in other words... AGAINST.
    Last edited by TheMoneyShot; 02-08-18 at 06:46 PM. Reason: grammar error
    Points Awarded:

littlekona gave TheMoneyShot 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Roscoe_Word gave TheMoneyShot 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

raiders72001 gave TheMoneyShot 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Roscoe_Word

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post

I circled what the outcome is. For instance.... every outcome will ALWAYS BE GREEN. If you believe Boston +1 will win. You would select GREEN or in another words... ON. If you believe Washington -1 will win... you would select that RED color or in another words... AGAINST.

I circled what the outcome is. For instance.... every outcome will ALWAYS BE GREEN. If you believe Boston +1 will win. You would select GREEN or in another words... ON. If you believe Washington -1 will win... you would select that RED color or in another words... AGAINST.
    Nice of you post that, MS. I'll try and figure it out. You showed a good chart, I might be able to. This will get me started I think.

littlekona

Just made small bet 5mbtc +1 wash at +108 let’s go Bullets! And small ML +118

https://fairlay.com/market/boston-ce...on-wizards-52/
    Last edited by littlekona; 02-08-18 at 07:00 PM.

Roscoe_Word

Just made small bet 5mbtc +1 wash at +108 let’s go Bullets! And small ML +118

https://fairlay.com/market/boston-ce...on-wizards-52/
    We both got WASH +1, but you got +108 and I laid -110! (LOL..How'd you do that?)

Even following that link you gave, I still don't see the bet amnt 5mbtc or the +108.

I'm afraid I'm a lost cause (LOL).....lets go WASH

littlekona

We both got WASH +1, but you got +108 and I laid -110! (LOL..How'd you do that?)

Even following that link you gave, I still don't see the bet amnt 5mbtc or the +108.

It move to+114 too then back down a bit I knew I bet it a tad to soon ...don’t go by what the lay price says click on it an it generates the correct price in box..that’s the weirdest part of exchanges for me to get used to...

littlekona

Boston Celtics @ Washington Wi... +108.9 Boston Celtics -1
    No

No

littlekona

Ughhh! Talk about just giving away a win...WTF was that Washington just gave it Away!

hotcross
    hotcross's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7208

thanks Kona and TMS for helping explain how to use Fairlay. I've been on the site for the past hour and its still confusing to me. Never used an exchange before myself.

Bottom line, the "green" button on a given selection means you are saying yes to that line, correct??
    the "red" button means you want the opposite, in other words saying no = i want the other side....??

For example,
    tomorrow early line for Friday NHL. Over 5.5 Calgary @ NY Rangers..... the green button -121....this would mean I'm playing the Over 5.5 -121.....correct??

red button -109....this would mean I'm playing the Under 5.5 -109......correct??

also, how quickly do they grade, in general???
    Last edited by hotcross; 02-08-18 at 11:02 PM.

littlekona

Quote Originally Posted by hotcross View Post
    thanks Kona and TMS for helping explain how to use Fairlay. I've been on the site for the past hour and its still confusing to me. Never used an exchange before myself.

Bottom line, the "green" button on a given selection means you are saying yes to that line, correct??
    the "red" button means you want the opposite, in other words saying no = i want the other side....??

For example,
    tomorrow early line for Friday NHL. Over 5.5 Calgary @ NY Rangers..... the green button -121....this would mean I'm playing the Over 5.5 -121.....correct??

red button -109....this would mean I'm playing the Under 5.5 -109......correct??
    The under is +109
    https://fairlay.com/market/calgary-f...ork-rangers-1/

click on on the red against and it populates price in odds box...it’s just goofy thing exchange does but once us get used to its easy...play around enter 1 mbtc In liability box and click side and it will show profit
    Last edited by littlekona; 02-08-18 at 11:06 PM.

hotcross

as bad as NHL been going lately, I'll probably get some quick profits going on Fairlay by accidentally betting on the opposite of what I think

like an automatic self-fade program by placing bets there.....

thanks Kona

littlekona

as bad as NHL been going lately, I'll probably get some quick profits going on Fairlay by accidentally betting on the opposite of what I think

like an automatic self-fade program by placing bets there.....

thanks Kona

Depends on sport and market but normally within hour...some are faster and it lists resolution time when u wager but its not exact....

hotcross

one more question....is the site compatible with mobile phone?

ok 2 - is there any reason this would lead to a problem, ie. Fairlay thinking your IP addresses don't match for accessing the same account on desktop and mobile?

Roscoe_Word

Ughhh! Talk about just giving away a win...WTF was that Washington just gave it Away!
    Ughhh is right! Tough one. Haven't deposited yet, but starting to understand. I think you're right when you say it will take some time to understand.

Repitition is the key. This is strictly BTC, right? I don't thing there is a USD section where one can hold one's money while not betting. Are these lines variant from the NBA dime lines offered at Heritage? Not by much I don't think. Thanks for the help. Gonna try and deposit soon. GL with tomorrows bets.

littlekona

one more question....is the site compatible with mobile phone?

ok 2 - is there any reason this would lead to a problem, ie. Fairlay thinking your IP addresses don't match for accessing the same account on desktop and mobile?
    I use from many IP's with never a issue on my android mobile it works good

littlekona

Ughhh is right! Tough one. Haven't deposited yet, but starting to understand. I think you're right when you say it will take some time to understand.

Repitition is the key. This is strictly BTC, right? I don't thing there is a USD section where one can hold one's money while not betting. Are these lines variant from the NBA dime lines offered at Heritage? Not by much I don't think. Thanks for the help. Gonna try and deposit soon. GL with tomorrows bets.
    The lines blow away heritage( I love heritage too but for open parlays and live) ...fairlay are pinny, betfair type lines.....I check them all the time when doing straight bets against SBR odds tool and Fairlay is almost always better then any....Yeas its mBTC for bets only

Roscoe_Word

The lines blow away heritage( I love heritage too but for open parlays and live) ...fairlay are pinny, betfair type lines.....I check them all the time when doing straight bets against SBR odds tool and Fairlay is almost always better then any....Yeas its mBTC for bets only
    Thanks, LK

SBR Drew
    SBR Drew's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 265

I just checked the site out. It is very interesting how they have these markets set up . The fact you can add your own market too is a creative feature. Fairlay.com doesn’t want to be another automated bookie, Fairlay seeks to crowd-source information by providing a totally open prediction market. Functioning more like a conditional exchange, the website not only allows users to bet but to see public confidence on various bitcoin and altcoin related events, as well as sports, and YouTube views.

"How prediction markets
    In a typical prediction market, users make a bet, in some form or another. On Fairlay, for example, a user may simply state a prediction, and give odds, and wait for another user to match that bet."

littlekona

Quote Originally Posted by SBR drew View Post
    I just checked the site out. It is very interesting how they have these markets set up . The fact you can add your own market too is a creative feature. Fairlay.com doesn’t want to be another automated bookie, Fairlay seeks to crowd-source information by providing a totally open prediction market. Functioning more like a conditional exchange, the website not only allows users to bet but to see public confidence on various bitcoin and altcoin related events, as well as sports, and YouTube views.

"How prediction markets
    In a typical prediction market, users make a bet, in some form or another. On Fairlay, for example, a user may simply state a prediction, and give odds, and wait for another user to match that bet."
    review there T/c's and FAQ's make a deposit and givem a good spin Drew and report back with your thoughts..They have there quirks but solid place very transparent too #37 in FAQ's ....They are total crypto Geeks too very smart educated guys involved with many high tech projects

Roscoe_Word

Hey, LK. Can Farilay send to and receive from an Electrum wallet?

littlekona

Hey, LK. Can Farilay send to and receive from an Electrum wallet?
    yea...any wallet...I even go book to book via nitrogen sometimes or fairlay to heritage...anything will work

Roscoe_Word

yea...any wallet...I even go book to book via nitrogen sometimes or fairlay to heritage...anything will work
    Wow...thanks.

raiders72001
    raiders72001's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15294

Quote Originally Posted by SBR drew View Post

"How prediction markets
    I haven't used Fairlay for a while but if things are the same, other than a normal player creating their own markets, there are a couple market makers at Fairlay that clone Pinny's lines for liquidity. It's similar to seeding. I'm not sure of the relationship but bets at Fairlay move lines at Pinnacle.

There's no relation between ownership of Fairlay and Pinnacle, but I don't know anythin
    g about the market makers.
    Last edited by raiders72001; 02-09-18 at 06:05 PM.

raiders72001
    raiders72001's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15294

Money Shot- Nice job explaining how things work.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by raiders72001 View Post
    I haven't used Fairlay for a while but if things are the same, other than a normal player creating their own markets, there are a couple market makers at Fairlay that clone Pinny's lines for liquidity. It's similar to seeding. I'm not sure of the relationship but bets at Fairlay move lines at Pinnacle.

There's no relation between ownership of Fairlay and Pinnacle, but I don't know anythin
    g about the market makers.
    Interesting point Raiders. I hammered a line that Fairlay was offering on a Super Bowl prop. After hammering the line... Fairlay moved the juice instantly. 1-2 hours later... Pinnacle moved their line.... and copied Fairlay. It was an exact match.

You're onto something.

hotcross

Parlays - can you make parlays on Fairlay? i don't think so but still trying to figure out the site

littlekona

Parlays - can you make parlays on Fairlay? i don't think so but still trying to figure out the site
    No exchanges only offer straights...But they do have props

hotcross

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    TMS you posted 2 screenshots,

the second one I'm quoting here has a white background

is that Fairlay also? how do you access that?

the black background site with plain text is what I see on the site and maybe its making it difficult for me to understand the site and where to find things

littlekona

TMS you posted 2 screenshots,

the second one I'm quoting here has a white background

is that Fairlay also? how do you access that?

the black background site with plain text is what I see on the site and maybe its making it difficult for me to understand the site and where to find things

old site(login works on both and balances auto sync...many still use it's not as quirky IMO here is a bet i just placed
    https://old.fairlay.com/market/milwa...lando-magic-5/

mrpapageorgio
    mrpapageorgio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3869

Ok Kona, seeing you constantly posting about it I'll give Fairlay a try tonight on UFC. Seems self explanatory now with one Green (if you're agreeing with the prediction) or red (if you are going against the prediction), but what's with the multiple green and red boxes I see in some offered predictions/markets?
    Last edited by mrpapageorgio; 02-10-18 at 08:15 PM.

First 123456 ... Last