ParlayTeaser
    Betpoints: 1007

Bet Online incorrectly scored the Weidman fight last night and won’t correct it

Did anybody get screwed by them cancelling the wager on the fight not going the distance? It’s apparent that it was stopped in the third round and considered by in-ring announcement as a TKO then overturned to a technical decision but since it’s not a no contest announced in ring then this should be corrected. What am I missing here? Weidman was declared the winner in both scenarios but the fight did not make it to the final bell. They graded it a winner initially by the way. I hope my state gets legal sports betting soon because there’s no recourse if the books want to pull garbage like this.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 33619

Quote Originally Posted by ParlayTeaser View Post
    Did anybody get screwed by them cancelling the wager on the fight not going the distance? It’s apparent that it was stopped in the third round and considered by in-ring announcement as a TKO then overturned to a technical decision but since it’s not a no contest announced in ring then this should be corrected. What am I missing here? Weidman was declared the winner in both scenarios but the fight did not make it to the final bell. They graded it a winner initially by the way. I hope my state gets legal sports betting soon because there’s no recourse if the books want to pull garbage like this.
    Did you reach out to BOL?

ParlayTeaser

Multiple times and they said they were researching it. After the fifth time, they came back with the ruling that the bet is cancelled with a nonsensical reason. They hold all the cards so what can you do?

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 33619

They hold all the cards so what can you do?
    I'll ping Opti, he's great in these types of matters.

ParlayTeaser

Thanks! I appreciate it!

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9751

Have you checked their terms and sports rules?

Does it actually back up your position of how this should be graded?

Is so, please post the rule you think is relevant to support your assertion?

5918mike
    Betpoints: 3508

Clearly didn't go the distance but if they gave you a reason why not share it?

ParlayTeaser

They didn’t give me a reason why. They said that they deem the bet cancelled and that was their final decision.

ParlayTeaser

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Have you checked their terms and sports rules?

Does it actually back up your position of how this should be graded?

Is so, please post the rule you think is relevant to support your assertion?
    There was no specific rule for this and they were supposed to use Don Best or Vegas results which graded this props a winner. They decided to impose their own ruling knowing there’s nothing I can do about it.

infotimbo
    Betpoints: 10408

seems like the fight resulted in a lot of confusion among the books, to be fair, and Betonline is not alone with this. Draftkings seem to have cancelled the bets as well, for example, while others changed their settlements one way or the other.

There are several posts on Twitter about it, for example here:

https://twitter.com/MagicM_MMABets/s...57867594616909

But yeah, Betonline's rules are fairly clear on this. There is none, and this means "In situations not covered by the previous rules, the wagering decision announced by the Don Best Sports information service will be considered official and binding."

No idea how to access that information, though.

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by infotimbo View Post
    seems like the fight resulted in a lot of confusion among the books, to be fair, and Betonline is not alone with this. Draftkings seem to have cancelled the bets as well, for example, while others changed their settlements one way or the other.

There are several posts on Twitter about it, for example here:

https://twitter.com/MagicM_MMABets/s...57867594616909

But yeah, Betonline's rules are fairly clear on this. There is none, and this means "In situations not covered by the previous rules, the wagering decision announced by the Don Best Sports information service will be considered official and binding."

No idea how to access that information, though.
    Thanks Timbo.

You're always helpful with this stuff.

@ParlayTeaser, check your PM inbox.

5918mike
    Betpoints: 3508

They didn’t give me a reason why. They said that they deem the bet cancelled and that was their final decision.
    Nonsensical reason?

Msg
    Betpoints: 24

BetOnline also incorrectly scored my bet on this fight

I had a similar experience with BetOnline for this exact fight. Please let me know if I should make a separate thread.

They marked my "featured same game parlay" bet as cancelled which was for Chris Weidman to have the most significant strikes, most takedowns and win inside the distance.

I contacted the customer support chat and they said "this wager was refunded because it wasn't an actual KO."

They didnt give me a legitimate reason why the outcome announced inside the octagon after the fight was not taken into account. I asked which rules they used to decide this bet should be cancelled (because there aren't any on their website).

I tried asking them about the Las Vegas wagering rules that should apply to any instance that their rules dont mention. As the fight outcome was announced one way and then later changed to something else (their rules don't cover this) but they wouldn't address this at all.

I also asked them if all prop bets were declared void/refunded for the fight to which they replied, "All wagers were voided/refunded yes". Then I asked why a couple other bets I had on the fight were marked as losses. So they changed tune again to say that those were correctly marked as losses and won't be changed.

Basically, my lost bets are final and the bet that should've won is cancelled/void because they said so. No written rules supporting this or acknowledgement of their website stating that "Las Vegas wagering rules will apply."
    Last edited by Msg; 04-09-24 at 02:51 PM. Reason: Wording

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by Msg View Post
    I had a similar experience with BetOnline for this exact fight. Please let me know if I should make a separate thread.

They marked my "featured same game parlay" bet as cancelled which was for Chris Weidman to have the most significant strikes, most takedowns and win inside the distance.

I contacted the customer support chat and they said "this wager was refunded because it wasn't an actual KO."

They didnt give me a legitimate reason why the outcome announced inside the octagon after the fight was not taken into account. I asked which rules they used to decide this bet should be cancelled (because there aren't any on their website).

I tried asking them about the Las Vegas wagering rules that should apply to any instance that their rules dont mention. As the fight outcome was announced one way and then later changed to something else (their rules don't cover this) but they wouldn't address this at all.

I also asked them if all prop bets were declared void/refunded for the fight to which they replied, "All wagers were voided/refunded yes". Then I asked why a couple other bets I had on the fight were marked as losses. So they changed tune again to say that those were correctly marked as losses and won't be changed.

Basically, my lost bets are final and the bet that should've won is cancelled/void because they said so. No written rules supporting this or acknowledgement of their website stating that "Las Vegas wagering rules will apply."
    Check your PM inbox.