toddsclowns
    toddsclowns's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 37390

My Morning Offering

O Jesus, through the Immaculate Heart of Mary, I offer you my prayers, works, joys, and sufferings of this day for all the intentions of your Sacred Heart, in union with the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass throughout the world, for the salvation of souls, the reparation of sins, the reunion of all Christians, and in particular for the intentions of the Holy Father this month. Amen.
    Quote of the Day
    "Pray as though everything depended on God. Work as though everything depended on you."
    –St. Augustine

Today's Meditation

“The difficulty that so many generally find in the study of mystical theology [is that] they want to discover fixed rules in it, like those of asceticism, which are based on the ordinary conditions of virtue, whereas the one and only rule is to be attentive to the inspiration of the Spirit of sanctification, who is not content merely with the good but ever urges us in each single instance to what is most perfect, best, most in conformity with God’s pleasure.”
    —J.G Arintero, O.P., p.

toddsclowns

My Morning Offering

O Jesus, through the Immaculate Heart of Mary, I offer you my prayers, works, joys, and sufferings of this day for all the intentions of your Sacred Heart, in union with the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass throughout the world, for the salvation of souls, the reparation of sins, the reunion of all Christians, and in particular for the intentions of the Holy Father this month. Amen.
    Quote of the Day
    "You are rewarded not according to your work or your time but according to the measure of your love."
    –St. Catherine of Siena

Today's Meditation

“We are the holy Church. But I do not say ‘we’ as though to indicate only we who are here, you who have just been listening to me. I mean all of us who are here and by the grace of God faithful Christians in this church, that is, in this city; all those in this region, in this province, across the sea, all those in the whole world. Such is the Catholic Church, our true mother, the true spouse of so great a husband.”
    —St. Augustine, p. 87

toddsclowns

My Morning Offering

Quote of the Day
    "The accidents of life separate us from our dearest friends, but let us not despair. God is like a looking glass in which souls see each other. The more we are united to Him by love, the nearer we are to those who belong to Him."
    –St. Elizabeth Ann Seton

Today's Meditation

“Yet such are the pity and compassion of this Lord of ours, so desirous is He that we should seek Him and enjoy His company, that in one way or another He never ceases calling us to Him . . . God here speaks to souls through words uttered by pious people, by sermons or good books, and in many other such ways. Sometimes He calls souls by means of sickness or troubles, or by some truth He teaches them during prayer, for tepid as they may be in seeking Him, yet God holds them very dear.”
    —St. Teresa of Avila, p.26

toddsclowns

My Morning Offering

Quote of the Day
    "Whenever anything disagreeable or displeasing happens to you, remember Christ crucified and be silent."
    –St. John of the Cross

Today's Meditation

“This world is filled with many vulgar and dishonorable things that will claw and tear at your Christian purity if you allow them to. Don’t let them! Seek instead the things of God. He will purify you and free you from your slavery to profane and inconsequential things.”
    —Patrick Madrid, p. 1

toddsclowns

My Morning Offering

Quote of the Day
    "Lord, if you had been here, my brother would not have died. And even now I know that whatever you ask from God, God will give you."
    –St. Martha (John 11: 21-22)

Today's Meditation

“My great God, you know all that is in the universe, because you yourself have made it. It is the very work of your hands. You are omniscient, because you are omnicreative. You know each part, however minute, as perfectly as you know the whole. You know mind as perfectly as you know matter. You know the thoughts and purposes of every soul as perfectly as if there were no other soul in the whole of your creation. You know me through and through; all my present, past, and future are before you as one whole. You see all those delicate and evanescent motions of my thought which altogether escape myself. You can trace every act, whether deed or thought, to its origin and can follow it into its whole growth and consequences. You know how it will be with me at the end; you have before you that hour when I shall come to you to be judged. How awful is the prospect of finding myself in the presence of my judge! Yet, O Lord, I would not that you should not know me. It is my greatest stay to know that you read my heart. Oh, give me more of that openhearted sincerity which I have desired. Keep me ever from being afraid of your eye, from the inward consciousness that I am not honestly trying to please you. Teach me to love you more, and then I shall be at peace, without any fear of you at all.”
    —Bl. John Henry Newman, p.150

toddsclowns

My Morning Offering

Quote of the Day
    "What is a vocation? It is a gift from God, so it comes from God. If it is a gift from God, our concern must be to know God's will. We must enter that path: if God wants, when God wants, how God wants. Never force the door."
    –St. Gianna Molla

Today's Meditation

“Although we feel the humiliation keenly when we are insulted, persecuted, or calumniated, this does not mean that we cannot suffer such trials with sentiments of true humility, subjecting nature to reason and faith, and sacrificing the resentment of our self-love to the love of God. We are not made of stone, so that we need be insensible or senseless in order to be humble. Of some martyrs we read that they writhed under their torments; of others, that they more or less rejoiced in them, according to the greater or lesser degree of unction they received from the Holy Ghost; and all were rewarded by the crown of glory, as it is not the pain or the feeling that makes the martyr, but the supernatural motive of virtue. In the same way some humble persons feel pleasure in being humiliated, and some feel sadness, especially when weighted down with calumny; and yet they all belong to the sphere of the humble, because it is not the humiliation nor the suffering alone which makes the soul humble, but the interior act by which this same humiliation is accepted and received through motives of Christian humility, and especially of a desire to resemble Jesus Christ, who though entitled to all the honors the world could offer Him, bore humiliation and scorn for the glory of His eternal Father.”
    —Fr. Cajetan da Bergamo, p. 19-20

toddsclowns

My Morning Offering

Quote of the Day
    "All the things in this world are gifts of God, created for us, to be the means by which we can come to know him better, love him more surely, and serve him more faithfully."
    –St. Ignatius of Loyola

Today's Meditation

“If God can use everything and everything is good, then an essential starting point of being able to discern God’s will is the gift of being “equal-minded.” St. Ignatius of Loyola called this gift being “indifferent,” but some modern people interpret this term as not caring about the choices. Better is the term “equal minded,” which implies that I am happy to take either this option or that option. Neither option matters to me except insofar as one gives greater glory to God than the other.”
    –Fr. Mitch Pacwa, SJ, p. 73

slewfan
    slewfan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11569

Pray, and let God worry.

toddsclowns

My Morning Offering

Quote of the Day
    "To put into practice the teachings of our holy faith, it is not enough to convince ourselves that they are true; we must love them. Love united to faith makes us practise our religion."
    –St. Alphonsus Liguori

Today's Meditation

“How great is the sweetness which a soul experiences, when, in the time of prayer, God, by a ray of his own light, shows to her his goodness and his mercies towards her, and particularly the love which Jesus Christ has borne to her in his passion! She feels her heart melting, and, as it were, dissolved through love. But in this life we do not see God as he really is: we see him, as it were, in the dark. ‘We see now through a glass in a dark manner, but then face to face’ (1 Cor. 13:12). Here below God is hidden from our view; we can see him only with the eyes of faith: how great shall be our happiness when the veil shall be raised, and we shall be permitted to behold God face to face! We shall then see his beauty, his greatness, his perfection, his amiableness, and his immense love for our souls.”
    —St. Alphonsus Liguori, p. 133

toddsclowns

My Morning Offering

Quote of the Day
    "Many people [in authority] oppose us, persecute us, and would like even to destroy us, but we must be patient. As long as their commands are not against our conscience, let us obey them, but when the case is otherwise, let us uphold the rights of God and of the Church, for those are superior to all earthly authority."
    –St. John Bosco

Today's Meditation

“Each of us must come to the evening of life. Each of us must enter on eternity. Each of us must come to that quiet, awful time, when we will appear before the Lord of the vineyard, and answer for the deeds done in the body, whether they be good or bad. That, my dear brethren, you will have to undergo. … It will be the dread moment of expectation when your fate for eternity is in the balance, and when you are about to be sent forth as the companion of either saints or devils, without possibility of change. There can be no change; there can be no reversal. As that judgment decides it, so it will be for ever and ever. Such is the particular judgment. … when we find ourselves by ourselves, one by one, in his presence, and have brought before us most vividly all the thoughts, words, and deeds of this past life. Who will be able to bear the sight of himself? And yet we shall be obliged steadily to confront ourselves and to see ourselves. In this life we shrink from knowing our real selves. We do not like to know how sinful we are. We love those who prophecy smooth things to us, and we are angry with those who tell us of our faults. But on that day, not one fault only, but all the secret, as well as evident, defects of our character will be clearly brought out. We shall see what we feared to see here, and much more. And then, when the full sight of ourselves comes to us, who will not wish that he had known more of himself here, rather than leaving it for the inevitable day to reveal it all to him!”
    —Saint John Henry Newman, p. 101

toddsclowns

My Morning Offering

Quote of the Day
    "Put your heart aside. Duty comes first. But when fulfilling your duty, put your heart into it. It helps."
    –St. Josemaria Escriva

Today's Meditation

“While St. Teresa was well acquainted with methods of meditation and wished her young nuns to be instructed in them, she emphatically insisted that the primary need for beginners is not to find the ideal method but to do God’s will from moment to moment throughout the day—which is probably the last thing the beginner thinks is primary. Her thought is strong and unambiguous: ‘The whole aim of any person who is beginning prayer—and don’t forget this, because it is very important—should be that he work and prepare himself with determination and every effort to bring his will in conformity with God’s will’. She then adds that ‘it is the person who lives in more perfect conformity who will receive more from the Lord and be more advanced on this road of prayer.’”
    —Fr. Thomas Dubay, p. 112

toddsclowns

My Morning Offering

Quote of the Day
    "If we could comprehend all the good things contained in Holy Communion, nothing more would be wanting to content the heart of man."
    –St. John Vianney

Today's Meditation

“To become holy, to become saints, we must of course try as hard as we can to do God’s will as it comes to us in a general way that is valid for everyone: through Scripture, the Commandments, and so on. It is also indispensable, as has just been said, to go further: to aspire to know not only what God demands of everyone in general, but also what he wants more specifically of us individually.”
    —Fr. Jacques Philippe, p. 19

toddsclowns

My Morning Offering

Quote of the Day
    "The stillness of prayer is the most essential condition for fruitful action. Before all else, the disciple kneels down."
    –St. Gianna Molla

Today's Meditation

“In the spiritual life, I can promise myself nothing without the special help of God . . . From one moment to another, I may fall into mortal sin: consequently, even though I may have labored many years in acquiring virtues, I may in one instant lose all the good I have done, lose all my merit for eternity, and lose even that blessed eternity itself. How can a king rule with arrogance when he is besieged by his enemies and from day to day runs the risk of losing his kingdom and ceasing to be a king? And has not a saint abundant reasons, from the thought of his own weakness, to live always in a state of great humility, when he knows that from one hour to another he may lose the grace of God and the kingdom of Heaven, which he has merited by years of laboriously acquired virtues? ‘Unless the Lord build the house, they labor in vain that build it’ (Ps. 126:1). However spiritual and holy a man may be, he cannot regard himself as absolutely secure. The Angels themselves, enriched with sanctity, were not safe in Paradise. Man, endowed with innocence, was not safe in his earthly paradise. What safety, therefore, can there be for us with our corrupt nature, amid so many perils and so many enemies who within and without are ever seeking insidiously to undermine our own eternal salvation? In order to be eternally damned, it is enough that I should follow the dictates of nature; but to be saved, it is necessary that divine grace should prevent (go before) and accompany me, should follow and help me, watch over me and never abandon me. Oh, how right therefore was St. Paul in exhorting us to ‘work out our salvation’—which is for all eternity—’with fear and trembling’ (Phil. 2:12).”
    —Fr. Cajetan da Bergamo, p. 21-22

toddsclowns

My Morning Offering

Quote of the Day
    "When we go to confession, we ought to persuade ourselves to find Jesus Christ in the person of our confessor."
    –St. Philip Neri

Today's Meditation

“Our Lord’s love shines out just as much through a little soul who yields completely to His Grace as it does through the greatest . . . Just as the sun shines equally on the cedar and the little flower, so the Divine Sun shines equally on everyone, great and small. Everything is ordered for their good, just as in nature the seasons are so ordered that the smallest daisy comes to bloom at its appointed time.”
    —St. Therese of Lisieux, p. 4-5

toddsclowns

My Morning Offering

Quote of the Day
    "A man who governs his passions is master of his world. We must either command them or be enslaved by them. It is better to be a hammer than an anvil."
    –St. Dominic de Guzman

Today's Meditation

“The first element to be purified [by Jesus] was water, transformed through Christ’s baptism in the Jordan by John the Baptist. Through this, water was redeemed and made new for all the world to be baptized. That scouring of water and that baptism on the banks of the Jordan opened fresh to every man and woman the right relationship to God, which had been squandered and separated by our first parents. While the pagans had deep and complicated rituals that involved animal sacrifice and the offerings of food, wine, and goods, our ritual or recipe for return couldn’t be simpler: water and prayer. Paired with the sacred words of sacramental rite, one drop of water gives a soul the capacity to enter into the ocean of God’s grace and to discover the depths of eternal life in ways completely unknown in the ancient world”.
    –Carrie Gress and Noelle Mering, p.69

toddsclowns

My Morning Offering

Quote of the Day
    "O my God, fill my soul with holy joy, courage and strength to serve You. Enkindle Your love in me and then walk with me along the next stretch of road before me."
    –St. Benedicta of the Cross (Edith Stein)

Today's Meditation

“Natural love is sufficient for earthly parents, but the love which [Joseph] bore to Jesus, as His appointed father, was not a mere human love, it was also a super eminently divine love; for, in loving his Son he was exercising the most perfect love of God; since He whom he called his Son was at the same time his God. As in creatures all is finite, so all is capable of increase. What, then, may we imagine, must have been the growth of this ardent love in the heart of our saint during the long period which he spent with Jesus! Those things which tend naturally to add to human love, in him ministered fresh fuel to the divine flame within him. The constant association with the Son of God made Man and given to him as his own Son, the serving Him and being served by Him for thirty years, and, we must add, their marvelous resemblance created a bond between them which was unequaled of its kind.”
    —Edward Healy Thompson, p. 363

toddsclowns

My Morning Offering

Quote of the Day
    "Miss no single opportunity of making some small sacrifice, here by a smiling look, there by a kindly word; always doing the smallest right and doing it all for love."
    –St. Therese of Lisieux - The Little Flower

Today's Meditation

“Is it not your duty to give yourself entirely to Him the same at every moment? As you advance in years, God’s benefits also become more numerous; your gratitude and, therefore, your fidelity ought also grow. God alone created your heart, and He created it for Himself alone. He alone should be its master…God does not think it too much that He should give Himself entirely to you. Live your life, therefore, entirely for Him. Give Him all and in Him you will find all.”
    —Alexander De Rouville, p. 31

toddsclowns

My Morning Offering

Quote of the Day
    "We do not apply ourselves to the true and solid interior virtues. We apply ourselves too much to the exterior. I do not mean to say that we should not practice and esteem the latter, but the interior ones are more precious to us."
    –St. Jeanne de Chantal

Today's Meditation

“Like a child who fears no danger in his father’s protecting arms, we must cast ourselves into the arms of our Heavenly Father, confident that those Hands which sustain the heavens are all powerful to supply our necessities, to uphold us in temptation, and to turn all things to our profit. And why should we not have confidence in God? Is He not the most powerful as well as the most tender of fathers? … Do not dwell upon your unworthiness or your failings, but raise your eyes to God and consider the infinite goodness and mercy with which He deigns to apply a remedy to all our miseries. Reflect upon the truth of His words, for He has promised to help and comfort all who humbly and confidently invoke His sacred name. Consider also the innumerable benefits which you have hitherto received from His paternal hand, and let His bounty in the past inspire you to trust the future to Him with renewed hope. Above all, consider the merits and sufferings of Christ, which are our principal title to God’s grace and mercy, and which form the treasure whence the Church supplies the necessities of her children. It was from a confidence inspired by such motives that the saints drew that strength which rendered them as firm as Mount Sion, and established them in the holy city whence they never could be moved. (Cf. Ps.124:1).”
    —Venerable Louis of Grenada, p. 404
    Points Awarded:

slewfan gave toddsclowns 100 Betpoint(s) for this post.

toddsclowns

My Morning Offering

Quote of the Day
    "The most deadly poison of our times is indifference. And this happens, although the praise of God should know no limits. Let us strive, therefore, to praise Him to the greatest extent of our powers."
    –St. Maximilian Kolbe

Today's Meditation

“I do not wish the soul to consider her sins, either in general or in particular, without also remembering the Blood and the broadness of My mercy, for fear that otherwise she should be brought to confusion. And together with confusion would come the Devil, who has caused it, under colour of contrition and displeasure of sin, and so she would arrive at eternal damnation, not only on account of her confusion, but also through the despair which would come to her, because she did not seize the arm of My mercy. This is one of the subtle devices with which the Devil deludes My servants, and, in order to escape from his deceit, and to be pleasing to Me, you must enlarge your hearts and affections in My boundless mercy, with true humility. Thou knowest that the pride of the devil cannot resist the humble mind, nor can any confusion of spirit be greater than the broadness of My good mercy, if the soul will only truly hope therein.”
    —St. Catherine Of Siena, p. 94

toddsclowns

My Morning Offering

Quote of the Day
    "Love Mary! She is loveable, faithful, constant. She will never let herself be outdone in love, but will ever remain supreme. If you are in danger, she will hasten to free you. If you are troubled, she will console you. If you are sick, she will bring you relief. If you are in need, she will help you. She does not look to see what kind of person you have been. She simply comes to a heart that wants to love her."
    –St. Gabriel Possenti

Today's Meditation

“Let us say boldly with St. Bernard that we have need of a mediator with the Mediator Himself, and that it is the divine Mary who is the most capable of filling that charitable office. It was through her that Jesus Christ came to us, and it is through her that we must go to Him. If we fear to go directly to Jesus Christ, our God, whether because of His infinite greatness or because of our vileness or because of our sins, let us boldly implore the aid and intercession of Mary, our Mother. She is good, she is tender, she has nothing in her austere and forbidding, nothing too sublime and too brilliant. In seeing her, we see our pure nature.”
    —St. Louis de Montfort, p. 42

toddsclowns

My Morning Offering

Quote of the Day
    "Even when God's will does not correspond to your own desires, it is always beneficial for you."
    –St. Arnold Janssen

Today's Meditation

“I believe we shall never learn to know ourselves except by endeavoring to know God, for, beholding His greatness we are struck by our own baseness, His purity shows our foulness, and by meditating on His humility we find how very far we are from being humble. Two advantages are gained by this practice. First, it is clear that white looks far whiter when placed near something black, and on the contrary, black never looks so dark as when seen beside something white. Secondly, our understanding and will become more noble and capable of good in every way when we turn from ourselves to God: it is very injurious never to raise our minds above the mire of our own faults.”
    —St. Teresa of Avila, p. 17

toddsclowns

My Morning Offering

Quote of the Day
    "Helping a person in need is good in itself. But the degree of goodness is hugely affected by the attitude with which it is done. If you show resentment because you are helping the person out of a reluctant sense of duty, then the person may receive your help but may feel awkward and embarrassed. This is because he will feel beholden to you. If, on the other hand, you help the person in a spirit of joy, then the help will be received joyfully. The person will feel neither demeaned nor humiliated by your help, but rather will feel glad to have caused you pleasure by receiving your help. And joy is the appropriate attitude with which to help others because acts of generosity are a source of blessing to the giver as well as the receiver."
    –St. John Chrysostom

Today's Meditation

“To the extent that we abandon our personality to Him, He will take possession of our will and work in us. We are no longer ruled by commands coming from the outside, as from a cruel master, but by almost imperceptible suggestions that rise up from within. We feel as if we had wanted all along to do those things He suggests to us; we are never conscious of being under command. Thus our service to Him becomes the highest form of liberty, for it is always easy to do something for the one we love.”
    —Fulton J. Sheen, p. 182

toddsclowns

My Morning Offering

Quote of the Day
    "We are missionaries of mercy, sent by the father of mercy, to distribute the treasures of mercy to those in need."
    –St. John Eudes

Today's Meditation

“Undertake courageously great tasks for God’s glory, to the extent that he’ll give you power and grace for this purpose. Even though you can do nothing on your own, you can do all things in him. His help will never fail you if you have confidence in his goodness. Place your entire physical and spiritual welfare in his hands. Abandon to the fatherly concern of his divine providence every care for your health, reputation, property, and business; for those near to you; for your past sins; for your soul’s progress in virtue and love of him; for your life, death, and especially your salvation and eternity—in a word, all your cares. Rest in the assurance that in his pure goodness, he’ll watch with particular tenderness over all your responsibilities and cares, arranging all things for the greatest good.”
    —St. John Eudes, p. 363

toddsclowns

My Morning Offering

Quote of the Day
    "We find rest in those we love, and we provide a resting place for those who love us."
    –St. Bernard of Clairvaux

Today's Meditation

“And so the idea of peace came down to do the work of peace: The Word was made flesh and even now dwells among us. It is by faith that he dwells in our hearts, in our memory, our intellect and penetrates even into our imagination. What concept could man have of God if he did not first fashion an image of him in his heart? By nature incomprehensible and inaccessible, he was invisible and unthinkable, but now he wished to be understood, to be seen and thought of. But how, you ask, was this done? He lay in a manger and rested on a virgin’s breast, preached on a mountain, and spent the night in prayer. He hung on a cross, grew pale in death, and roamed free among the dead and ruled over those in hell. He rose again on the third day, and showed the apostles the wounds of the nails, the signs of victory; and finally in their presence he ascended to the sanctuary of heaven. How can we not contemplate this story in truth, piety and holiness?”
    —St. Bernard, p. 186

toddsclowns

My Morning Offering

Quote of the Day
    "The devotion to the Eucharist is the most noble, because it has God as its object; it is the most profitable for salvation, because it gives us the Author of Grace; it is the sweetest, because the Lord is Sweetness Itself."
    –St. Pius X

Today's Meditation

“The life of faith is nothing less than the continued pursuit of God through all that disguises, disfigures, destroys and, so to say, annihilates Him. It is in very truth a reproduction of the life of Mary who, from the Stable to the Cross, remained unalterably united to that God whom all the world misunderstood, abandoned, and persecuted. In like manner faithful souls endure a constant succession of trials. God hides beneath veils of darkness and illusive appearances which make His will difficult to recognize; but in spite of every obstacle these souls follow Him and love Him even to the death of the Cross.”
    —Fr. Jean-Pierre de Caussade, p. 25

toddsclowns

My Morning Offering

Quote of the Day
    "When we appeal to the throne of grace we do so through Mary, honoring God by honoring His Mother, imitating Him by exalting her, touching the most responsive chord in the Sacred Heart of Christ with the sweet name of Mary."
    –St. Robert Bellarmine

Today's Meditation

“Let them fly with utter confidence to this most sweet Mother of mercy and grace in all dangers, difficulties, needs, doubts, and fears. Under her guidance, under her patronage, under her kindness and protection, nothing is to be feared; nothing is hopeless. Because, while bearing toward us a truly motherly affection and having in her care the work of our salvation, she is solicitous about the whole human race. And since she has been appointed by God to be the Queen of heaven and earth, and is exalted above all the choirs of angels and saints, and even stands at the right hand of her only-begotten Son, Jesus Christ our Lord, she presents our petitions in a most efficacious manner. When she asks, she obtains. Her pleas can never be unheard.”
    —Blessed Pope Pius IX, p.84

toddsclowns

My Morning Offering

Quote of the Day
    "When we serve the poor and the sick we serve Jesus. We must not fail to help our neighbors, because in them we serve Jesus."
    –St. Rose of Lima

Today's Meditation

“We do not come to church to attend the service as a spectator, but in order, along with the priest, to serve God. Everything we do—our entering, being present, our kneeling and sitting and standing, our reception of the sacred nourishment—should be divine service. This is so only when all we do overflows from the awareness of a collected heart and the mind’s attentiveness.”
    —Fr. Romano Guardini, p. 28

toddsclowns

My Morning Offering

Quote of the Day
    "A soul which does not practise the exercise of prayer is very like a paralyzed body which, though possessing feet and hands, makes no use of them."
    –St. Alphonsus Liguori

Today's Meditation

“Oh, what awesome mysteries take place during Mass! One day we will know what God is doing for us in each Mass, and what sort of gift He is preparing in it for us. Only His divine love could permit that such a gift be provided for us. O Jesus, my Jesus, with what great pain is my soul pierced when I see this fountain of life gushing forth with such sweetness and power for each soul, while at the same time I see souls withering away and drying up through their own fault. O Jesus, grant that the power of mercy embrace these souls.”
    —St. Maria Faustina Kowalska, 914

toddsclowns

My Morning Offering

Quote of the Day
    "Let us love the cross very much, for it is there that we discover our life, our true love, and our strength in our greatest difficulties."
    –St. Maria de Mattias

Today's Meditation

“God will forgive you if you ask him to. Though your sins be numerous as the grains of sand on the shore, God’s merciful forgiveness is far greater than your sins. Do not be afraid. Trust in his love. Repent of your sins without delay and return to the house of the Father. He is waiting for you. ”
    —Patrick Madrid, p.15

toddsclowns

My Morning Offering

Quote of the Day
    "In everything, whether it is a thing sensed or a thing known, God Himself is hidden within."
    –St. Bonaventure

Today's Meditation

“Worrying appeals to us because it gives us a sense that we are in control of what might happen–that by thinking through what could happen, we could somehow stave off potential harm or damage. There can be advantages to thinking problems through and trying to prepare ourselves for whatever may come, but we can often take it to an extreme, leading to decision making based on fear and anxiety rather than balance and trust.”
    –Carrie Gress and Noelle Mering, p.71

toddsclowns

My Morning Offering

Quote of the Day
    "And Thou sent Thine hand from above, and drew my soul out of that profound darkness, my mother, Thy faithful one, weeping to Thee for me, more than mothers weep the bodily deaths of their children. For she, by that faith and spirit which she had from Thee, discerned the death wherein I lay, and Thou heard her, O Lord; Thou heard her, and despised not her tears, when streaming down, they watered the ground under her eyes in every place where she prayed; yea Thou heard her."
    –St. Augustine in The Confessions

Today's Meditation

“I was sure that it was better for me to give myself up to your love than to give in to my own desires. However, although the one way appealed to me and was gaining mastery, the other still afforded me pleasure and kept me victim. I had no answer to give to you when you said to me, ‘Rise, you who sleep, and arise from the dead, and Christ will enlighten you.’ When on all sides you showed me that your words were true, and I was overcome by your truth, I had no answer whatsoever to make, but only those slow and drowsy words, ‘Right away. Yes, right away.’ ‘Let me be for a little while.’ But ‘Right away—right away’ was never right now, and ‘Let me be for a little while’ stretched out for a long time.”
    —St. Augustine, p. 152

toddsclowns

My Morning Offering

Quote of the Day
    "O Holy Spirit, descend plentifully into my heart. Enlighten the dark corners of this neglected dwelling and scatter there Thy cheerful beams."
    –St. Augustine

Today's Meditation

“There are two loves, the love of God and the love of the world. If the love of the world takes possession of you, there is no way for the love of God to enter into you. Let the love of the world take the second place, and let the love of God dwell in you. Let the better love take over.”
    —St. Augustine, p. 34

toddsclowns

My Morning Offering

Quote of the Day
    "It is in the company of Jesus that you work for the glory of God."
    –St. John Baptist de la Salle

Today's Meditation

“When Mary’s voice landed on the fetal ears of [John] the Baptist, he was called. He was sanctified. Mary was the voice of the Word. John was to become that voice, crying in the desert. He transformed his mouth into a sharp sword. John would clear the path with that sword. The path to each man’s heart was filled with nettles and briars, overgrown with thorns and hardened by constant commerce. John would clear the way and prepare the ground…John did not begin by preaching. He prepared his preaching by silence.”
    –Fr. Matthew Kauth, p.174

toddsclowns

My Morning Offering

Quote of the Day
    "It is the duty of every man to uphold the dignity of every woman."
    –St. Therese of Lisieux - The Little Flower

Today's Meditation

“Above all, it is necessary to ask of God every morning the gift of perseverance, and to beg of the Blessed Virgin to obtain it for you, and particularly in the time of temptation, by invoking the name of Jesus and Mary as long as the temptation lasts. Happy the man who will continue to act in this manner, and shall be found so doing when Jesus Christ shall come to judge him. ‘Blessed is that servant, whom, when his Lord shall come, he shall find so doing’ (Matt. 24:46).”
    —St. Alphonsus De Liguori, p. 167

toddsclowns

My Morning Offering

Quote of the Day
    "I am sent not only to love God but to make Him loved. It is not enough for me to love God, if my neighbor does not love Him."
    –St. Vincent de Paul

Today's Meditation

“In God there is no difference between His goodness and His power. God is infinite being itself, and we have to make distinguishing categories in our minds in order to understand Him. But God is solely one perfect, simple act of being, or perfection. So, there is no way God can misuse His power for evil because He is, by definition, good…We are fallen creatures, and because of this we need checks and balances to keep us from using our power to abuse others…The only being that can handle absolute power is that being Who is also absolute goodness by necessity, or God.”
    —Matt Fradd, p.63

First ... 45678910 Last