kyhawk
    kyhawk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7932

13.85 million contract for qb at UF??????!!!

https://www.news4jax.com/news/local/...eled-nil-deal/

jACKSONVILLE, Fla.
    – A top-ranked quarterback from the 2023 recruiting class is suing Florida Gators Head Coach Billy Napier and a University of Florida booster alleging fraud.

In a seven-count complaint filed on Tuesday in U.S. District Court in Pensacola, Jaden Rashada accused Napier and the Gator boosters, led by automotive technology entrepreneur Hugh Hathcock, of fraudulent misrepresentation and inducement, aiding and abetting fraud, civil conspiracy to commit fraud, negligent misrepresentations, tortious inference with a business relationship or contract, aiding and abetting tortious interference and vicarious liability. The complaint seeks a jury trial and damages of at least $10 million.

kyhawk
    kyhawk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7932

I can see why Saban retired.

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3602

Quote Originally Posted by kyhawk View Post
    Saban made his $$$$$$. Time for the players to get theirs. LOL.

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47521

Quote Originally Posted by kyhawk View Post
    For a guy with underwhelming numbers in a small sample size last year at Az St....what a joke and I couldn't care less if he gets a penny in the lawsuit.

Used to be a huge college football fan but my interest has fallen off the past few years and things are only getting worse. NIL and the transfer portal have ruined college sports, they are professional sports now. Still enjoy it but not nearly as much as before all this nonsense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Easy-Rider 66 View Post
    Saban made his $$$$$$. Time for the players to get theirs. LOL.
    Players deserved to get something but it has spiraled completely out of control and is the wild wild west with the NIL payments and transfer portal.
    Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave JAKEPEAVY21 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

mjsuax13
    mjsuax13's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 1397

It’s out of control already and eventually will blow up. If you are a booster or alumni- what do you really get out of this? A million dollars or more for a QB every single year who is an eternal free agent? Bragging rights for a season? I don’t know. Like anything- people and brands will start to ask if this is worth it. The coaches, schools, boosters and fans only have themselves to blame. Some of these guys live and die by their college football teams results. lol

The NCAA/Schools need to be the booster/funding source based on true football revenue with a recruitment NIL cap by program. Hard to manage the handlers of these kids with their hands out too. Never mind the kid in question went to how many high schools and now with his 4th college program commitment?!
    Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave mjsuax13 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11435

Does he have anything in writing?

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25220

If NCAAF is gonna adapt the pro model then they might as well start signing players for "x" number of years so they cannot transfer on a whim.
    Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave Eddy Munny 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.