Quote Originally Posted by MBKng4 View Post
Hey curious,

Awesome thread, your making awesome picks. Do you use a system, or do you just analyze and come up with a winner?
I analyze. I look at season win loss, all games streak as far back as I can tell when the streak began, and home streak for home teams and away streak for away teams going back as far as I can to when I figure the current streak began. For example, let's say a team has won 3 in a row but lost 2 before that, I will count them as being on a 3-0 streak. BUT I also look at the strength of the opponent. If these 3 games were good teams then I will consider it more than if these were 3 scrub teams.

What about the quarter bets, is there any system for that or do you just find a trend?
I use two strategies, sometimes together, sometimes not. I look at the numbers for Quarters given by www.teamrankings.com, I am looking for a big + number vs a small negative number (in negative numbers the larger the digit the smaller the number is, so -10 is smaller than -2). For example, Lakers 2nd Quarter at +6 vs Cavaliers 2nd Quarter at - 4 (I just made that up).

Some games won't have any Quarter picks using the first method.

For games that I am not already playing Quarters on I look at who won the 1st Quarter and take the opposing team on all Quarters until they win, when they win I stop. I double the bet every time this team loses another Quarter. So, in Quarter 2 the bet is X, if they lose Quarter 2 then the bet for Quarter 3 is 2x, if they lost Quarter 3 then the bet for Quarter 4 is 4x.

Also good advice on the Spread+ML to cover losses.
I don't play spreads on favs, I only use them on dogs. I only play dogs that I think can win, so usually I take them on both the money line and the spread. In this forum I am usually playing dogs only on the spread. I don't want novices playing dogs on the money line.