robzilla
    An SBR Legend.
    robzilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 349

take vancouver tonight

The Oilers killed Phoenix yesterday and Vancouver is way better than the oilers.

take Vancouver!!!

The Canucks (25-15-4) will try to register a point in their 15th consecutive home game as they welcome the Phoenix Coyotes at GM Place Friday night (7 p.m., PT).

Vancouver's stellar performance at home this season includes a 12-0-2 record during the last two months. The Canucks have won six straight in Vancouver and last lost there on Nov. 1.

The team also holds an impressive record against the Coyotes at GM Place, going 11-0-1 with one tie in its past 13 games against Wayne Gretzky's squad.

But playing on the road has been a different story for Vancouver recently. The Canucks have lost three straight away from home, highlighted by a 3-1 defeat on Tuesday to the San Jose Sharks, which swept all four games against the Canucks this season.

"I think every game against us, they've got out to an early lead," said Vancouver goaltender Roberto Luongo, who fell to 0-3-0 with a 3.37 goals-against average this season against the Sharks. "It's been hard to come back."

Luongo remains Vancouver's main man between the pipes, posting a remarkable 0.91 goals-against average during the team's winning streak at home while also earning six shutouts on the season.

Luongo was named starter for the Western Conference, but announced Wednesday that he'll skip the Jan. 27 NHL all-star game in Atlanta to be with his pregnant wife.

Luongo was in line to start for the West for the second year in a row. But his wife, Gina, has experienced minor complications with her pregnancy, and Luongo wished to spend time with her at their home in Fort Lauderdale, Fla.

Forward Henrik Sedin, who leads Vancouver with 35 assists and 42 points, was also named to the team.

The Coyotes (22-19-1), meanwhile, had won five straight games before bowing 5-2 to the Edmonton Oilers on Thursday. Despite the setback, Phoenix has been playing its best hockey of the season during the last month, boasting a 9-3-1 mark in the last 13 games.

The Coyote's recent hot streak has moved them to within four points of the St. Louis Blues for the eighth and final playoff spot in the West.

Edmonton handed Phoenix its worst defeat since a 6-1 loss to Chicago on Nov. 30, scoring three goal in the first 9:46 of the game.

"It was a tough start for us," said defenceman Ed Jovanovski, announced Thursday as the team's lone All-Star representative. "It was one of those starts where we weren't ready to play."

avssakic
    avssakic's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4193

Have to disagree with you on this one.

As it looks now Luongo will not play tonight becuase he played last night, leaving Sanford in net. As for PHX it looks like Bryz will start even though he got pulled last night. I give the edge in goal to PHX.

Also, VAN is around -200, way too much to give up I think.

Food for thought:
    Coyotes 5-1 in last 6 games.
    Coyotes 7-1 in last 8 road games.
    Canucks 1-0 vs Coyotes this season.

The Baron
    The Baron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1179

Over 5 is the play tonight.

robzilla
    An SBR Legend.

Quote Originally Posted by avssakic View Post
    Have to disagree with you on this one.

As it looks now Luongo will not play tonight becuase he played last night, leaving Sanford in net. As for PHX it looks like Bryz will start even though he got pulled last night. I give the edge in goal to PHX.

Also, VAN is around -200, way too much to give up I think.

Food for thought:
    Coyotes 5-1 in last 6 games.
    Coyotes 7-1 in last 8 road games.
    Canucks 1-0 vs Coyotes this season.
    the coyotes to go into Vancouver and beat the Canucks? Luongo is going to play.

figjam
    figjam's Avatar Become A Pro!

I don't know where u get ur info robzilla but I'm also getting reports that Sanford is in net.

robzilla
    An SBR Legend.

it doesnt matter if a monkey is in net.

avssakic

Coyotes GF last 12 games 3.08
    Canucks GF last 12 games 2.25

Coyotes GA last 12 games 2.8
    Canucks GA last 12 games 1.58 (Luongo in net)

Sanford GA 2.62
    Bryzgalov GA 2.28 (with coyotes)

Don't know how you think canucks can win with Sanford in net. I am going with the hot team here, the coyotes

robzilla
    An SBR Legend.

Look whos it net. F*cking idiots. next time shut the f*ck up!

robzilla
    An SBR Legend.

okay look who was in net for the first 6 mins

figjam
    figjam's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nicely done on cashing in on the coyotes last night avssakic.

avssakic

Quote Originally Posted by figjam View Post
    Nicely done on cashing in on the coyotes last night avssakic.
    Thank you. Nice night as well for you going 3-0