OldBill
    OldBill's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5426

China is preparing for war

grrrrrrrrrr fiels too large to process

Tensions between the West and China show no sign of easing. Interdependence and mistrust continue to mix uneasily. Triggers are many and varied including; human rights, relations with Russia vis-à-vis Ukraine, microchip manufacturing and the big one, Taiwan.
    In the longer term, is war with China inevitable? General Mike Minihan of the US Airforce says it is; a hawkish stance that I suspect is shared by quite a few in the US military. But, as is the way, there are plenty who believe that the situation will continue to be managed by ongoing diplomatic efforts and the deterrent effect of our combined militaries
    And, of course, neither of those assets are there right now. HMS Queen Elizabeth made a significant impression during her 2021 deployment there but isn’t due back until 2025. Similarly, our attack subs are already fully assigned elsewhere. Someone will have worked out how quickly both these things could get there but it isn’t ‘soon’.
    Meanwhile, the situation in Taiwan feels like a ‘circling press aircraft’. Let me explain.
    I was in a naval exercise off the north of Scotland some time ago when a light aircraft claiming that it was neutral and full of press approached the ship. We spoke to it and then ‘warned’ it ranging from ‘hello who are you?’ to ‘turn away now or you will be fired on’.

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

This is what happens when you vote for and elect a weak feeble-minded person to run the most powerful country on Earth.

TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4040

^^^^^ Kermit actually believes the POTUS determines military strategy. LOL.

slayer14
    slayer14's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6427

Taiwan can handle it dont worry

OldBill
    OldBill's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5426

TRUMP started this BS when in office muddderrr fawker pos showing secret documents to others

i'm praying they bust him financilly without putting his criminal ass in prison sue the p r i ck that destroyed the USA const ripped it to shreds

then when 2 jo's neighbors cant vote him in i just say hey what happened to your boy trump?

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Quote Originally Posted by TheGoldenGoose View Post
    ^^^^^ Kermit actually believes the POTUS determines military strategy. LOL.
    When foreign countries control the POTUS, then you're fukked.

The fact that you don't believe this is rather naive.