semibluff
    Thanks for all the fish.
    semibluff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19270

Boris Johnson replacement

...as Prime Minister for the UK:

Avoid:
    Liz Truss, Jeremy Hunt, Tom Tugendhat, Michael Gove, Dominic Raab, Priti Patel, & Jacob Rees-Mogg.

Best early guess is it will come down to a 3-way battle between Rishi Sunak, Penny Mordaunt, and 1 TBD who comes though the field. Sajid Javid has a better chance than Nadhim Zahawi. I don't know who Ben Wallace is. I'd pick Steve Baker but i'm in a small minority point of view. Ultimately I don't think Rishi Sunak will be who the party picks. Could be a long-shot that wins.

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7576

Any odds out there?

We have another 20+ cent drop, that seems to always recover.

Check this out from Predictit.org...

This chart is through yesterday's close, but there is a .22 cent drop today and it sits at .74 cents.

Chart is for "Will Boris Johnson remain British Prime Minister through August?"

https://www.predictit.org/markets/de...through-August

Remember, it is currelty .74 cents that Boris Johnson remains prime minister thorugh August.

KVB

Do we know when the elections are scheduled? I didn't see.

KVB

Also check this one out.

Could there be value in Vlad? He could be victim of an inside job one day, but whether or not it's before BJ's exit is a tough call...

Still, at just 4 cents, down from 9 cents, I might have to load up on the Putin ouster.

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8798

who the hell cares LOL

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2507

Quote Originally Posted by semibluff View Post

Avoid:
    Liz Truss, Jeremy Hunt, Tom Tugendhat, Michael Gove, Dominic Raab, Priti Patel, & Jacob Rees-Mogg.

Best early guess is it will come down to a 3-way battle between Rishi Sunak, Penny Mordaunt, and 1 TBD who comes though the field. Sajid Javid has a better chance than Nadhim Zahawi. I don't know who Ben Wallace is. I'd pick Steve Baker but i'm in a small minority point of view. Ultimately I don't think Rishi Sunak will be who the party picks. Could be a long-shot that wins.
    I’d sooner have Moog than any of those three 🤡

KVB

A simple propaganda piece of a Vlad Putin health scare could push the Putin price.

This is the lowest we've seen it in 90 days and we've seen it spike to a quarter.

The Putin ouster before Boris Johnson might not be a bad bet. This chart doesn not reflect today's drop to 4 cents...

Of course you don't want a tie there...

...In the event that two or more of the listed individuals are replaced as head of state or government, or their positions become vacant, on the same calendar day, the contract listing the candidate with the first alphabetical last name, as presented in the contract, among the individuals in question will resolve as Yes...

semibluff
    Thanks for all the fish.

Johnson is politically 'Dead man Walking'. His position is untenable. May resign tonight, may resign tomorrow, will be forced out by the weekend. This will NOT cause a General Election. The Conservative Party holds a comfortable majority of seats. If/when Johnson goes it will trigger an internal leadership campaign amongst the sitting Conservative MPs. Officially it would take several weeks for candidates to put themselves forward. Officially there would be a series of votes with the lowest scoring candidate eliminated in each round. Unofficially it will take about 10 days for a candidates list to finalise. Normally candidates see how the 1st round goes and then several pull out. The whole thing will be completed before August.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12444

I wasn't impressed with Boris. Seems like a kiss ass to me. Hope the Brits vote in someone conservative.

KVB

Good Stuff sembluff.

Maybe yesterday's .4 cent Boris Johsnons remianing through August bet as a NO was the way to go.

Maybe instead of looking at it like the Yes option dropping from 96 to 74, it's more about the no option rising more than 600%, from 4 cents to 26.

Like I think could happen to the 4 cent putin side on some news.

slayer14
    slayer14's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6427

Priti Patel has some nice milkers for a politician

theboss4018
    theboss4018's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4774

Quote Originally Posted by semibluff View Post

Avoid:

Boris Johnson’s replacement needs to go straight to the saloon!

KVB

Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post
    Any odds out there?

We have another 20+ cent drop, that seems to always recover.

Check this out from Predictit.org...

This chart is through yesterday's close, but there is a .22 cent drop today and it sits at .74 cents.

Chart is for "Will Boris Johnson remain British Prime Minister through August?"

https://www.predictit.org/markets/de...through-August

Remember, it is currelty .74 cents that Boris Johnson remains prime minister thorugh August.

pologq
    When you are SBR you are SBR 4 Life
    pologq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5971

Quote Originally Posted by slayer14 View Post
    Priti Patel has some nice milkers for a politician
    she is a big girl

KVB

Oh my, polo hacked Jibbby's personal icloud photos.

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30770

Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post
    Also check this one out.

Could there be value in Vlad? He could be victim of an inside job one day, but whether or not it's before BJ's exit is a tough call...

Still, at just 4 cents, down from 9 cents, I might have to load up on the Putin ouster.

Sanna Marin seems nice

pologq
    When you are SBR you are SBR 4 Life
    pologq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5971

shhhhh dont tell

Roscoe_Word
    Roscoe_Word's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8667

Lord Alfred Hayes

photo unavailable

semibluff
    Thanks for all the fish.

Patel isn't someone anyone would want to work for. She is the antithesis of a leader and she wouldn't last in the job, even as far as the next election. Her non-participation in this contest should not have been a surprise. With Johnson gone I hope she will fade into backbench obscurity.

Hopefully anyone who bet this leadership campaign is holding tickets on Sunak and Mordaunt, (especially Mordaunt).

Tugendhat staying in the race until the vote on Monday could be critical. Truss supporters really need him to withdraw before then.

Roscoe_Word
    Roscoe_Word's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8667

Brits could be "makin plans for Nigel." Farage.
    Last edited by Roscoe_Word; 07-14-22 at 06:29 PM.

semibluff
    Thanks for all the fish.

Thursday's 2nd voting round result was a very good day for Truss. TV analysts didn't seem to understand that but gamblers did and eventually bookmakers made sensible corrections. Friday's debates were obviously bad for Truss, more than was expected. If Tugendhat stays in the race it will allow Braverman's supporters to vote for Badenoch rather than Truss in what would effectively be a free 3rd round of voting on Monday. Badenoch doing well in that 3rd round could effectively undermine Truss' leadership bid. Without Tugendhat in the 3rd round Monday would effectively be an elimination round between Truss and Badenoch. In that scenario many MPs would fall behind Truss rather than support Badenoch.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12444

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    who the hell cares LOL
    Agreed Landers, didn't SBR turn pro America now with the American gambling site push? lol..

Off shore gambling sites still rule by the way.

Saloon this shiiit.