Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 942

Jim Kaat Joins The Racism Brigade

Longtime MLB announcer Jim Kaat is in some scalding hot water ... after he shockingly made a slavery reference while calling the Astros vs. White Sox ALDS playoff game Friday.

Kaat's comment came in the 2nd inning of Game 2 as Chicago infielder Yoan Moncada stepped up to the plate ... when co-announcer Buck Showalter shared a story about the first time he saw the 26-year-old Cuban star in person.

The ex-Orioles manager said he remembered asking the Baltimore front office, "Can we have one of those" ... to which Kaat replied, "Get a 40-acre field full of 'em."

For those that don’t know — or care to read a history book — “40 Acres and a mule” is more than just the name of Spike Lee’s production company. It’s what was once promised to some free Black people after slavery.

Later in the game, Kaat apologized for the comment.

"I want to add a little break here. In fact, I need to read this right now, because earlier in the game when Yoán Moncada was at the plate in an attempt to compliment the great player, I used a poor choice of words that resulted in a sensitive, hurtful remark. And I'm sorry." Kaat said.

He stayed on through the broadcast.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I love when they apologize it’s funny

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

When this stuff happens, I want it to be blatantly obvious racism/bigotry. The guy from Reds that said f\*g capital, or Gruden talking about big lips or whatever he said. This old guy was trying to complement him but did it with the wrong wording. He should not be cancelled for this IMO. He did stay on the whole broadcast, so we have that.

Foxx
    Foxx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12045

He had a good run.

Roger T. Bannon
    Roger T. Bannon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11760

Jim Kaat is still doing baseball??? He's 80 years old. Hard for these old guys to avoid their casual racist remarks.

Foxx
    Foxx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12045

Quote Originally Posted by thetrinity View Post
    When this stuff happens, I want it to be blatantly obvious racism/bigotry. The guy from Reds that said f\*g capital, or Gruden talking about big lips or whatever he said. This old guy was trying to complement him but did it with the wrong wording. He should not be cancelled for this IMO. He did stay on the whole broadcast, so we have that.
    My all-time favorite was the news reporter guy some years ago who's tongue got tied and said what sounded like"Martin Luther Coon King Park". He's living under a bridge now.

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8673

People are so friggen sensitive. He obviously didn't mean anything mean and it sure the hell wasn't racist.

Lots of Karens out there.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32864

Quote Originally Posted by DwightShrute View Post
    People are so friggen sensitive. He obviously didn't mean anything mean and it sure the hell wasn't racist.

This, nothing to see here.
    Lifelong baseball people say Kaat is the furthest thing from that.

Lifelong entertainment people say Michael Richards "Kramer" is the furthest thing from a racist but happened to lose his mind one night and said things he obviously didn't mean.

I can cite a trillion of other examples from good people that have made unfortunate remarks in their life too.

You have, I have, we all have.
    What needs to be looked at is 'the entire body of work' so to speak.
    Kaat has no history in the past of demonstrating such behavior, Richards too.

Nothing to see here folks.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7750

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    I love when they apologize it’s funny
    Its like they need the job

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8673

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    This, nothing to see here.
    Lifelong baseball people say Kaat is the furthest thing from that.

Lifelong entertainment people say Michael Richards "Kramer" is the furthest thing from a racist but happened to lose his mind one night and said things he obviously didn't mean.

I can cite a trillion of other examples from good people that have made unfortunate remarks in their life too.

You have, I have, we all have.
    What needs to be looked at is 'the entire body of work' so to speak.
    Kaat has no history in the past of demonstrating such behavior, Richards too.

Nothing to see here folks.
    we all make mistakes. We all say things that we probably shouldn't have for whatever reason. You can judge someone if you want but if you do, you judge them fairly over their lifetime, not on a one time incident.

The cancel culture ccunts will be at it again probably and they will continue unless people stand up to these losers.

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8798

Bob brenly went to sensitivity training this year

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

You are right, but it’s not even that. They love to reach for racism, which diminishes racism when it actually occurs. Kind of like the boy who cries wolf

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32864

Quote Originally Posted by thetrinity View Post
    "Rubber lips"

What, no 'bone through nose' reference Jon.

https://twitter.com/VicTafur/status/...ghtmode%3Dtrue

TheLock
    TheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7931

100%

konck
    Listen the toilet is flushing
    konck's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2352

Enter BLM exit Kaat
    That's the way it is now

slewfan
    slewfan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10872

And here I thought it was 40 acres and a mule..!!.. I guess the guy is big enough he didn't need one. Took the 5 dollars instead...

mcaulay777
    mcaulay777's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16369

I have no Sympathy now for Announcers. Im not saying it is right. But we are now 3 to 4 years into the Pc/woke culture you should no better by now .Thom Brenaman was one of my favorite announcers but he said the f word for gay people while at work and on a microphone while in a corporate environment he should of known having a mike it could be live at any time.Say that word outloud at any workplace in any context would get you'd fired.

StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop
    StackinGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4514

In a certain sense that is true, you want to work for and get paid by the very corporations that are hurting America with this BS? It speaks for itself. It's time to wake up, see and understand that the faster the government, marxist, and authoritarian beast is starved the sooner freedom can come back. Until that time, they feed off one another to oppress and divide everyone, since they have the printing press.

Regionalism and bitcoin are the only saviors for the materialist/classic American at this point, if they can be saved (obviously only God saves). That's why it is critical to make it a few more years without war so the bitcoin network can be the way to say F you once the assholes print themselves out of the luxury of authoritarianism, which is the only reason leftism exists at all.