LongBall52
    LongBall52's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2374

Apple Car Play--what and why???

I'm an old relic.Got my first smartphone this past Jan 2021. It's an apple and I figured out how to take pictures for the KYC and send text messages with voice, and that's about all I know. Oh yes, I do ask Siri for driving directions rarely... But THAT'S ALL I KNOW ABOUT THE DAMN THING. Except you have to charge it daily or close to it.

Now I want to buy a new car. mine has long since seen it's best day. All the Hondas and Toyotas come with something called "APPLE CAR PLAY" What the hell in simple terms is it and why do I need it... Oh yeah went and checked new VK's and they have it also!

Tuesday
    Whores...God Bless 'Em
    Tuesday's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4061

Not sure if you need it or not, but it's just a thing that lets you connect your music in your iPhone to you car speakers wirelessly.

LongBall52

Quote Originally Posted by Tuesday View Post
    Not sure if you need it or not, but it's just a thing that lets you connect your music in your iPhone to you car speakers wirelessly.
    Thanks! just found your reply.
    It seems to me just one more example of how the phone companies (especially Apple) are trying to take over our lives.
    I would not care about Apple Play IF IT WAS OPTIONAL equiptment, but NO, it's standard. (meaning you pay for it anyway)

Life gets harder as you get older. I love simple.

Tuesday
    Whores...God Bless 'Em
    Tuesday's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4061

Quote Originally Posted by LongBall52 View Post
    Thanks! just found your reply.
    It seems to me just one more example of how the phone companies (especially Apple) are trying to take over our lives.
    I would not care about Apple Play IF IT WAS OPTIONAL equiptment, but NO, it's standard. (meaning you pay for it anyway)

Life gets harder as you get older. I love simple.
    No problem, I'm same as you, it don't need fancy features etc either haha. I've used all sorts of phones and I miss the simple flip to answer flip closed to hang up too, but for smartphones Apple will be easiest to get used to their user interface I think it's the easiest to learn and navigate.

As for companies trying to invade every aspect of our lives, you're totally right - they'll try to control our TV's our fridges our home security systems our microwaves our washers and dryers etc, I just make sure to turn those connectivity features off if I do but smart appliances, and do my best to buy things that aren't connected to the internet.

LongBall52

Quote Originally Posted by Tuesday View Post
    No problem, I'm same as you, it don't need fancy features etc either haha. I've used all sorts of phones and I miss the simple flip to answer flip closed to hang up too, but for smartphones Apple will be easiest to get used to their user interface I think it's the easiest to learn and navigate.

As for companies trying to invade every aspect of our lives, you're totally right - they'll try to control our TV's our fridges our home security systems our microwaves our washers and dryers etc, I just make sure to turn those connectivity features off if I do but smart appliances, and do my best to buy things that aren't connected to the internet.

All the above and more. As if the Insurance needed another reason to raise your rates, these features don't help the cause of keeping rates low/