stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32864

Anybody drive/own an electric car or SUV?

Test drove the Audi e-tron (Sportback) Sunday.
    Was not impressed.
    I was expecting better performance for openers.

Anybody own an electric car?

TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4028

LOL. The losers on this site can't afford a bicycle and you want them to discuss electric cars? That's NOT happening.

OTL
    OTL's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5277

Quote Originally Posted by TheGoldenGoose View Post
    LOL. The losers on this site can't afford a bicycle and you want them to discuss electric cars? That's NOT happening.
    Speak for yourself bud. I don't drive an electric car because I don't like them, and because they aren't practical for use in my climate or for my needs.

I also cannot stand the disposable nature of electric cars. Once the battery needs replacement, the car gets scrapped because the cost of replacement is prohibitive. These li-on battery electric cars have severely diminished range after 5 years.

KnuckleHeadz
    KnuckleHeadz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4523

Take this to anyone of the political threads as you have plenty of liberals in those that drive them
    Last edited by KnuckleHeadz; 09-28-21 at 09:13 PM.

Sanity Check
    A Rising Tide Lifts All Ships
    Sanity Check's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12959

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    I was expecting better performance for openers.

It might sandbag via default.

To get full performance, you might have to test drive in sport mode.

Or engage launch control.

Aren't audis like bmws and mercedes? Not the most reliable thing on the road.

mngambler
    mngambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3057

Tesla Plaid, 0-60 in 2 seconds, there's only 1 gasoline car on the planet that can beat it in a heads up drag race and it's like a 5 million dollar car so for 125k it's more speed and acceleration than you'll be able to handle.

TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4028

Quote Originally Posted by OTL View Post
    Speak for yourself bud. I don't drive an electric car because I don't like them, and because they aren't practical for use in my climate or for my needs.

I also cannot stand the disposable nature of electric cars. Once the battery needs replacement, the car gets scrapped because the cost of replacement is prohibitive. These li-on battery electric cars have severely diminished range after 5 years.
    ORLY? A ram among the sheep.

Your five sentence captain obvious post does not constitute a discussion. Please continue.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13569

On the list for a cyber truck. I'll let you know in a few years

deltgen
    deltgen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4528

Good thread. As a Californian, apparently I'm not going to have a choice in a few years, so I'll look forward to people's takes here.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32864

Quote Originally Posted by mngambler View Post
    Tesla Plaid, 0-60 in 2 seconds, there's only 1 gasoline car on the planet that can beat it in a heads up drag race and it's like a 5 million dollar car so for 125k it's more speed and acceleration than you'll be able to handle.
    I've read too many complaints about the Tesla.
    I'll test one out next month, I want to see for myself.
    After the winter I'll decide, right now the GMC is perfect for the snow up here.

slewfan
    slewfan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10873

Quote Originally Posted by TheGoldenGoose View Post
    You are always negative. If there are losers on this site as you suggest, you must be one. What losers do is project their own misfortune and misgivings on others. As you seem to do so often...

Electric cars are still 7 to 10 years from being proficient enough to replace gas engines. Maybe 15 years..