Doug tushyterror
    Doug tushyterror's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 719

Considering adding squatting to my gym routine. On 2nd thought...(graphic video)

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 100

can't watch

pologq
    When you are SBR you are SBR 4 Life
    pologq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5971

scary shit wow. i think a pro had that happen at a photo shoot once where both legs snapped.

mentally i could never squat more than 365 lbs for sets of 10 when i was able to squat up until 12 years ago. i would just get too nervous about collapsing down even with a spot. i used to rely on the hack squat and even then was still not 100 percent comfortable.

konck
    Listen the toilet is flushing
    konck's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2352

almost a scorpion

hotcross
    hotcross's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7208

turrible

Sanity Check
    A Rising Tide Lifts All Ships
    Sanity Check's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12959

He tried to squat 400 kg.

881 lbs.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22134

Good lord. I can barely do a squat without weights lol.

So what exactly did he break there? Something involving the knees?

Doug tushyterror
    Doug tushyterror's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 719

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    Good lord. I can barely do a squat without weights lol.

So what exactly did he break there? Something involving the knees?
    TMZ Sports

LAUNCH GALLERY

BREAKING NEWS

POWERLIFTING CHAMPFRACTURES BOTH KNEES, SNAPS QUADS... In Horrifying 800-Lb Squat AttemptShare on Facebook*Share on Twitter*Share with Email8/13/2020 7:09 AM PT

A Russian powerlifting champ fractured both his knees and snapped both his quads in an 800-plus-pound squat attempt gone horrifically wrong ... and the video is TERRIFYING.

The awful scene all went down when decorated weightlifter*Alexander Sedykh*stepped up to the bar at a World Raw Powerlifting Federation event near Moscow this past weekend.

Sedykh -- the event's champ just a year ago -- loaded up 400 KG (roughly 880 pounds) on the bar ... and when he went to squat it, things took an awful turn.

WARNING: THIS IS GRUESOME.

In the video, you can see Sedykh's legs wobble ... before they eventually give out with a loud cracking sound.

Immediately, Sedykh is in serious pain ... and after he was rushed to the hospital, he reportedly required hours of surgery to fix his broken legs and quadriceps muscles.

"The main thing is that I must lie motionless in bed for two months,” Sedykh reportedly said of the injuries. “Then I'll be taught how to walk again."

He added, "It’ll take time to recuperate" and "I've had my quadriceps re-sewn and my knees put back together.”

ADVERTISING

*MORE FROM TMZ*

Bison Drags Woman by Her Pants in Wild Video8/13/2020

Raptors Asst. Coach Adrian Griffin Denies Dom. Violence Claims Made By Ex-Wife8/13/2020

Miley Cyrus and Cody Simpson Split, Call Relationship Quits8/13/2020

RZA Drops New Jingle to Replace OG Ice Cream Truck Song with Racist Roots8/13/2020

L.A. Kings Mascot Accused of Sexually Harassing Female 'Ice Crew' Member8/13/2020

John Legend, Chrissy Teigen Announce Baby No. 3 in 'Wild' Music Video8/13/2020

Jay-Z, Yo Gotti Demand Strict COVID Testing at MS Prison, Claim Alarming Stats8/13/2020

Ex-NFL Star Chip Banks Hospitalized In Georgia Shooting, 'Serious Condition'8/13/2020

Jared Kushner Doesn't Deny Election Talk During Kanye West Meeting8/13/2020

Steve-O Duct-Tapes Himself to Hollywood Billboard to Promote Project8/13/2020

Carole Baskin Debunks Facebook Group Investigation Into Husband's Case8/13/2020

Todd Gurley Lists L.A. Pad For $2.3 Mil, Waterfall and Basketball Court8/13/2020

Seahawks' Kemah Siverand Cut For Allegedly Trying to Sneak Woman Into Team Hotel8/13/2020

Joe Montana Says Tom Brady Had 'Beef' With Patriots Over Offensive Input8/13/2020

PAID CONTENT

BRING THE WHOLE BAND HOMEChameleon Cold Brew

Anthony Michael Hall Apologizes for Berating Hotel Guests in Pool8/13/2020

LOAD MORE STORIES

OLD NEWS IS OLD NEWS!*BE FIRST!

Get TMZ breaking news sent right to your browser!

Subscribe

Maybe Later

TMZ Sports

LAUNCH GALLERY

BREAKING NEWS

POWERLIFTING CHAMPFRACTURES BOTH KNEES, SNAPS QUADS... In Horrifying 800-Lb Squat AttemptShare on Facebook*Share on Twitter*Share with Email8/13/2020 7:09 AM PT

A Russian powerlifting champ fractured both his knees and snapped both his quads in an 800-plus-pound squat attempt gone horrifically wrong ... and the video is TERRIFYING.

The awful scene all went down when decorated weightlifter*Alexander Sedykh*stepped up to the bar at a World Raw Powerlifting Federation event near Moscow this past weekend.

Sedykh -- the event's champ just a year ago -- loaded up 400 KG (roughly 880 pounds) on the bar ... and when he went to squat it, things took an awful turn.

In the video, you can see Sedykh's legs wobble ... before they eventually give out with a loud cracking sound.

Immediately, Sedykh is in serious pain ... and after he was rushed to the hospital, he reportedly required hours of surgery to fix his broken legs and quadriceps muscles.

"The main thing is that I must lie motionless in bed for two months,” Sedykh reportedly said of the injuries. “Then I'll be taught how to walk again."

He added, "It’ll take time to recuperate" and "I've had my quadriceps re-sewn and my knees put back together.”

ADVERTISING

*MORE FROM TMZ*

Bison Drags Woman by Her Pants in Wild Video8/13/2020

Raptors Asst. Coach Adrian Griffin Denies Dom. Violence Claims Made By Ex-Wife8/13/2020

Miley Cyrus and Cody Simpson Split, Call Relationship Quits8/13/2020

RZA Drops New Jingle to Replace OG Ice Cream Truck Song with Racist Roots8/13/2020

L.A. Kings Mascot Accused of Sexually Harassing Female 'Ice Crew' Member8/13/2020

John Legend, Chrissy Teigen Announce Baby No. 3 in 'Wild' Music Video8/13/2020

Jay-Z, Yo Gotti Demand Strict COVID Testing at MS Prison, Claim Alarming Stats8/13/2020

Ex-NFL Star Chip Banks Hospitalized In Georgia Shooting, 'Serious Condition'8/13/2020

Jared Kushner Doesn't Deny Election Talk During Kanye West Meeting8/13/2020

Steve-O Duct-Tapes Himself to Hollywood Billboard to Promote Project8/13/2020

Carole Baskin Debunks Facebook Group Investigation Into Husband's Case8/13/2020

Todd Gurley Lists L.A. Pad For $2.3 Mil, Waterfall and Basketball Court8/13/2020

Seahawks' Kemah Siverand Cut For Allegedly Trying to Sneak Woman Into Team Hotel8/13/2020

Joe Montana Says Tom Brady Had 'Beef' With Patriots Over Offensive Input8/13/2020

PAID CONTENT

BRING THE WHOLE BAND HOMEChameleon Cold Brew

Anthony Michael Hall Apologizes for Berating Hotel Guests in Pool8/13/2020

LOAD MORE STORIES

OLD NEWS IS OLD NEWS!*BE FIRST!

Get TMZ breaking news sent right to your browser!

Subscribe

Maybe Later

TMZ Sports

LAUNCH GALLERY

BREAKING NEWS

He added, "It’ll take time to recuperate" and "I've had my quadriceps re-sewn and my knees put back together."
    Last edited by Doug tushyterror; 08-13-20 at 10:17 PM.

hehfest
    Tom, What do I do now?
    hehfest's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4214

Good Lord. Poor dude. Watching it over again.....the spotters did a poor job IMO. No way they save him here but it should be allowed that they can use way more force than that to spot. Just take off some weight from the total.

Then again, those spotters really serve next to no purpose because they couldn't lift that 881 between the two of them. Needed to have a few guys the size of this guy to spot.

hehfest
    Tom, What do I do now?
    hehfest's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4214

Surprised he didn't wack out his back or shoulders there too!

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22134

579.96 kg

World records
    The world record for the biggest equipped squat, with a multi-ply squat suit and knee wraps, is 579.96 kg (1278.6 lb) performed by Nathan Baptist at the UPA Utah Kick Off Meet on the 2nd of January 2020.