betplom
    maniac
    betplom's Avatar Become A Pro!

Am I the only one here that was happy the Colts pulled Manning?

I was on the Jets +3.5

I was very pleased when the Colts pulled the starting QB for the 3rd string dude.

Anyone else here that cashed on the Jets?

Mudcat
    Mudcat's Avatar Become A Pro!

For me that game was the definition of DO NOT BET. So I didn't.

I am neither happy nor unhappy that they pulled Peyton. I am indifferent. I can see the wisdom of only playing him for a half. Keep him sharp and in the game while reducing risk of getting banged up.

I don't really get the fuss. The Super Bowl is what matters. Lots of teams have rested key players and taken losses but gone on to win the Super Bowl.

A perfect season would have been cute but basically trivial. I certainly don't look at the 72 Dolphins as the greatest team of all time just because they went undefeated.

rjt721
    rjt721's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

I didn't like it because now I can't turn on the television or browse a sports website without hearing/reading about it. It's Belichick going for it on 4th down all over again. Hopefully some sports star will commit a crime soon to bump the Colts' decision from first-page news.

G's pks
    Update your status
    G's pks's Avatar Become A Pro!

could care less...team lacks a defense and was exposed in win over NE a few weeks ago... In the long run will not matter...expect to see sad colt faces once more this year in playoffs...rookie coach....might win one in playoffs...

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

No, plom, you were the only one who bet the Jets.

The General
    The General's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 108

I'd guess more than 90% of bookmakers in Indiana were glad for the Colt's management decision and loss.

G's pks
    Update your status
    G's pks's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by The General View Post
    I'd guess more than 90% of bookmakers in Indiana were glad for the Colt's management decision and loss.

General your point total is 911! That is not good...send me a few of your points to correct the problem...

daggerkobe
    UCONN PK MICH PK PROVIDENCE +2
    daggerkobe's Avatar Become A Pro!

Jets were one of my largest plays so no.

sharpcat
    sharpcat's Avatar Become A Pro!

lol...line opens at -7 and closes at -3, 70-80% action on indy the whole time, reverse line movement 101. Vegas cleaned up on all the morons out there backing indy on the hope that indy actually gave a crap about a perfect season.

Only people who are that upset about this issue are the fools who walked into the biggest sucker bet of all time and took indy

jayc88
    Update your status
    jayc88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1151

i had the jets +5, fell asleep when they were down by a td and woke up when they had won the game

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7750

Every sharp bettor was on the jets. Pretty obvious why so many here were angry .

The General

I feel that even non bettors felt a little cheated because we all want something different in our lives and a 16-0 for Indy would have been a little different just like the Pats in 2007 we mostly all followed along in anticipation of something happening different.

Serbone
    Serbone's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by betplom View Post
    I was on the Jets +3.5

I was very pleased when the Colts pulled the starting QB for the 3rd string dude.

Anyone else here that cashed on the Jets?
    I had Jets, they were desperate and have strong D and running game... formula to beat Colts who are coasting. If Colts pull starters, then it is gravy.

One of the considerations for betting the Jets was that Colts might pull starters... everyone heard that.... people bitching and asking for an investigation about it must have been in a coma.

mcbaseball10
    mcbaseball10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1905

Quote Originally Posted by Serbone View Post
    I had Jets, they were desperate and have strong D and running game... formula to beat Colts who are coasting. If Colts pull starters, then it is gravy. One of the considerations for betting the Jets was that Colts might pull starters... everyone heard that.... people bitching and asking for an investigation about it must have been in a coma.
    Agreed. I figured it like a preseason game for one team and a playoff game for the other.

BigTuna
    BigTuna's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1010

I was pissed at myself for not betting the Colts for the 1st half and the Jets for the game.... bad move on my part.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Quote Originally Posted by BigTuna View Post
    I was pissed at myself for not betting the Colts for the 1st half and the Jets for the game.... bad move on my part.
    You can still catch a lot of teams next weekend with that same trick.

The General

Quote Originally Posted by G's pks View Post
    General your point total is 911! That is not good...send me a few of your points to correct the problem...
    Thanks I took care of the problem.

TheLock
    TheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7931

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Every sharp bettor was on the jets. Pretty obvious why so many here were angry .