probettor1
    probettor1's Avatar Become A Pro!

Easy tips to build muscle

Many personal trainers get you to do 20 sets per muscle mass, they literally kill you while training. But the question is is it worth it.
    Dr Rhea did a extensive review of this issue and found this (single set vs multiple set study)
    Set needed per muscle group:
    beginner 3 sets
    trained 5 sets
    Athlete 8 sets

So to make it is easy for average people training chest, shoulders and triceps would be like this: 6 sets of chest, 5 of shoulder and 3 of tricep with 30 seconds of rest in between for a total of about 20 minutes of training will give you similar results as a killing workout.

How much protein to take. For this you might take a look at Dr Peter Lemon

Strength athletes: 1.7-1.8 grams of protein per kilogram of body mass per day (or 0.77-0.82 grams of protein per pound of body mass per day)
    Most bodybuilder take 1 grams per pound per day.

Which protein to use: make sure is low in fat, low in purine, low in cholesterol. Isolate whey protein is in the zone.

Sun will be good for the health in general and your muscle and bone muscle, Frank Zane used to talk about it. But for sun issues Dr Hollick is the man: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cq1t9WqOD-0. Just enjoy the beach.

Good news: maintaining muscle mass doesnt take extra protein intakes, something close to a normal diet could do the work.

Muscle is needed to avoid injuries, to look better, to increase you brain health(proven in Dr Amen studies), for your overall health, to have more stamina...to excel at sports...list go on.

Please note that all said is supported by well known and highly respected authors. I know it is probably not the best system but it is really easy and little time to be done which increase the chances to stick to it. My training partner does the 20 sets system and his arm are one inch smaller that mine besides I'm overall stronger that him except for a few muscles. I do 2 or 3 innitial sets for warming up with very low weight not included in the example given.
    Last edited by probettor1; 06-20-12 at 12:01 PM.

boeing power
    boeing power's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

Thanks ttwarrior

MartinBlank
    Going to be a good weekend
    MartinBlank's Avatar Become A Pro!

What the fook is this?

Warrior's brother?

TT has this subject on lockdown.

serc
    serc's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 549

Can you give me an example for a "set". If you are benchpressing, is it 12 pushes for one set? I am a newbie and retard when it comes to working out with weights. I just keep in shape by playing soccer and basketball.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

this is lame

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9804

bad advice from that trainer, why 20, why not 19 or 21 sets

Ask him 1 question

Ask him what is the stimulus and or stimulus responsible for increasing size and strength. get back to me after he has no answer and then I'll tell u

probettor1

Quote Originally Posted by serc View Post
    Can you give me an example for a "set". If you are benchpressing, is it 12 pushes for one set? I am a newbie and retard when it comes to working out with weights. I just keep in shape by playing soccer and basketball.
    Sets should be done 8-12 reps, if you are injured or have some arthritis then 15. Each rep should be done in 6 seconds. If pushing then push 2 sec and 4 going down. If pulling 2 sec pulling and 4 going up. Most people dont do it like that but it is very safe. Breath in during the 4 seconds and out during the 2 seconds.
    This is recommended by the NSCA.
    Last edited by probettor1; 06-20-12 at 04:02 PM.

probettor1

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    this is lame
    I'm probably retarded, lame and stupid. That's why I make sure to read top of the line authors only.

probettor1

Quote Originally Posted by ttwarrior1 View Post

Ask him 1 question

Ask him what is the stimulus and or stimulus responsible for increasing size and strength. get back to me after he has no answer and then I'll tell u
    Answer: I asked him, he said 20 because it was the age he had when his dick was harder.

Ask him what is the stimulus and or stimulus responsible for increasing size and strength.
    Answer: To the second question he said that ttwarrior1 pussie could do the work.
    Last edited by probettor1; 06-20-12 at 04:26 PM.