miyakuza
    miyakuza's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246

Can anyone explain this week's line movement?

Reverse line movement on STL both days, Milwaukee, Boston, Florida, Houston, Toronto..

What is going on here? Is Lakerboy in the building? It just doesn't make sense how the public has won pretty much every play in the past 2 days with the lines moving in the other direction. To me, at least.

Galante118
    Galante118's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 919

and its killing me....

CHAZ
    5-2-1 (+2.37 units)
    CHAZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3180

Yea public square plays seem to be killing it lately.

miyakuza

Smh.

miyakuza

Anybody else have a chime on this?

Reds_FAN
    Reds_FAN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40

yeah I agree it is pretty crazy. Could be the Inter league play?

BigDan
    BigDan's Avatar Become A Pro!

only the right public squares, you know yanks, Cards, Braves (after they got killed in sd, i was against them in sd and early in sea series till i noticed the sweep comin but that was a huge public loser on sea and under against Felix, i couldnt even talk my boy off them) Chisox mainly cause Col is not that good of a team. Good teams that "value" bettors bet against driving line down to sweet prices on better teams. Being sharp is great but if you only making "sharp" rlm ect plays you gonna be up and down and 50/50.

Mentioned yesterday wait for stl to get bet down by ppl liking balty as a home dog, dont ask me what they liked but i was happy to get good prices.

LOts of bad public bets lost. Tor a few times, Oak (WHo the **** pays -150 for oak) tex and bos have hurt ppl some days the last week or so. Bunch of day public gms got killed yesterday, It a mix. ppl had to get killed 2 days on Det before finally winning today at crazy ass juice. Sea gm 3 wa prob a slaugher i was at work all day with braves only because of that.

I mean you gotta understand just cause a line goes against some bs percentage doesnt mean it is a automatic play, it is a tool and nothing more, it takes a lot of tools to get the job done. imho
    Last edited by BigDan; 06-30-11 at 10:32 PM.

Lord and Master
    Lord and Master's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by BigDan View Post
    I mean you gotta understand just cause a line goes against some bs percentage doesnt mean it is a automatic play, it is a tool and nothing more, it takes a lot of tools to get the job done.
    wow i am shocked; a rational piece of advice

BigDan
    BigDan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord and Master View Post
    wow i am shocked; a rational piece of advice

I know a little more than im sure you give me credit for pimpin.

that 2 days in a row one of us has said something the other agreed with, that has to be a record.

dannyd66
    dannyd66's Avatar Become A Pro!

Heydee-Ho! Good Neighbor!

Tim Allen notwithstanding-----go with what you know. That's it. Nothing Else. So say I & not Brock Landers.

Sorry, Brock, no offense.

AribaAriba
    AribaAriba's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 97

reverse line movement is 50-50 in the long run and shouldn't be the whole basis of picking up games. It will bury you more than win you.

miyakuza

I beg to differ if you read it right.

So will the public reverse line movement plays hit again? (Yanks, Phillies, Boston)

Looks like the books are moving the lines right now to get the money on both sides of games.

CHAZ
    5-2-1 (+2.37 units)
    CHAZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3180

I tried to ignore the reverse line movement in the Astros game last night and that f**ked me.

I like the Mets here. Yankees have a tendency to not get up and play. We'll see

miyakuza

Chaz, Niese has been great and Mets have been hitting well. Nova gets a lot of run support but on the road today I'm not quite sure that will be the case.

BrigadierPudding
    Update your status
    BrigadierPudding's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1809

There was no RLM in the Phillies/Blue Jays game. Opened +136/-145 and closed +136/-144. Most of the action after limits were raised came in on the Phillies.

Placing bets on RLM after the price settles is about as -EV as it gets. You'd be better off having your dog pick the game.

joesomebody114
    This industry is f*kked
    joesomebody114's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by BrigadierPudding View Post
    There was no RLM in the Phillies/Blue Jays game. Opened +136/-145 and closed +136/-144. Most of the action after limits were raised came in on the Phillies.

Placing bets on RLM after the price settles is about as -EV as it gets. You'd be better off having your dog pick the game.
    What are you talking about after limits were raised??