nobs
    5 DIMES IS A JOKE
    nobs's Avatar Become A Pro!

New Cigarrette WARNING LABELS

Kind of stupid really. Its not going to stop anyone from smoking and I dont think its going to prevent anyone from starting.

But as a Non-smoker I like anything that pisses the smokers off. I love how so many of them are pissed about this when they are still the most protected drug addicts on Earth.

I am biased of course. I hate smokers and there nasty ass cigs.

mikey360
    mikey360's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 105

In the UK they have pictures on the box of inside smokers mouths and stuff, pretty grusome but to be honest it kind of works for some to a degree, will still have the odd smoke when down the pub but it does for a moment make you feel a bit bad for doing so.

TR88
    TR88's Avatar Become A Pro!

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110
    Bill Dozer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21705

It's all politics IMO. It's not much different than a crack dealer saying...OK congress, I'm going to sell these here crack rocks but on the outside of the bag I'm going to draw stick figures with Xs for eyes so everyone knows they will die. ...Except that the states don't make money off crack sales or off the medical expenses. Maybe they can make crack-lite so people can get taxable treatment.

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

Been this way in Canada forever.

ACoochy
    Am i serious? Are you serious?
    ACoochy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

In australia we are pushing for plain packaging all cigarettes packets olive green. The Tobacco companies are so pissed that theyve started a national tv and newspaper campaign highlighting the 'nanny state' that australia has become. Additionally the philip morris's of this world are taking the aus gov to the UN claiming that these new measures are against the law...Where will it end

Vondy
    Vondy's Avatar Become A Pro!

These might be the dumbest thing I've ever seen

GOIRISH
    GOIRISH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1128

its not about pissing smokers off, its about one more thing the government is trying to control. The government is doing a piss poor job of running themselves, they should fix their own problems before they try to fix smokers

MarkDee
    MarkDee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Why not just make smoking illegal??
    would help most people quit, and people would'nt start.

Iced
    Iced's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

I don't smoke but these labels are absolute nonsense.

If Congress were to follow its logic to its conclusion, they should puts labels on 12-packs of beer with pictures of mutilated bodies in car crashes, or pictures of morbidly obese dead bodies on the outside of chip packages.

Maybe they can go further. Hang big drapings over the Federal Reserve buildings with the statistic that the dollar has lost 96% of its value since the creation of the Fed. And from the roof of the White House we could hang a huge photo with the image of dead troops in caskets who have returned home from illegitimate wars abroad like in Vietnam, Iraq, and Afghanistan.

Just maybe.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: ACoochy

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 483

Most smokers have bad health and breath.

mrmarket
    Update your status
    mrmarket's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Most smokers have bad health and breath.
    I noticed this too. Who would have thought?

nobs
    5 DIMES IS A JOKE

Smokers still have it way better than any other class of drug addicts.

They were doin a survey talking to this female smoker about these labels and she said its discrimination and they should go pick on drinkers. That just hit me because smokers can still drive, and they can do it in public, and when youre 18. To be a drunk, the age limit is higher, cant drive after you drink, and they can get you for public intox if you have an open beer in public in some places. Thats BS.

I dont like drunks either, but I fuking hate every time I step outside having to smell someones nasty ass cig smoke.

nobs
    5 DIMES IS A JOKE

Smokers think this is a BS inconvienence.

Here is a BS inconvienence for you --- being forced to endure someone elses disgusting drug addiction.

GOIRISH

Quote Originally Posted by MarkDee View Post
    great idea, how about we just have the government make all of our personal decisions !

Monitor-Tan
    Tony Romo of Daily Fantasy
    Monitor-Tan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 428

They can't, they need the tax money

GOIRISH

Quote Originally Posted by nobs View Post
    Smokers still have it way better than any other class of drug addicts.

They were doin a survey talking to this female smoker about these labels and she said its discrimination and they should go pick on drinkers. That just hit me because smokers can still drive, and they can do it in public, and when youre 18. To be a drunk, the age limit is higher, cant drive after you drink, and they can get you for public intox if you have an open beer in public in some places. Thats BS.

I dont like drunks either, but I fuking hate every time I step outside having to smell someones nasty ass cig smoke.
    Are you seriously comparing smoking and driving to drinking and driving? smoking doesnt effect your ability to drive or make decisions. Im sorry the world isn't taylor made for your liking. I know people who are allergic to colognes/ prefumes and get sick if they are on an elevator with someone wearing it. Does that mean because they dislike it, that it should be illegal? O and by the way it is also illegal to smoke in certain places too.

MoneyM1ke
    MoneyM1ke's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13067

Never smoked one in my life, weed yes no cigs, waste of money

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

not gonna stop me, I don't look at the stupid box.

neverstoppers23
    neverstoppers23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

Its easy to pick on cigs, since a minority of the public does it. Its easy to hate on them. Most smokers are poorer then most, so once again it creates a class of superiority. 'Those dumb people, why do they waste there money on it'. ' Who cares they are a bunch of unhealthy mofos anyways'.
    A lot of drugs, and food in this world are unhealthy. Why does the government care so much about smoking tobacco?
    What about the 500 + pound person buying a triple whopper with extra cheese and bacon? Don't get it at all. Its just about one thinking they are superior, that they know whats best. That 'those' people are so stupid, they can't make an informed decision, that maybe if we make them look more scary those dumb ***** would stop!
    Please....

xlilsp1keyx
    xlilsp1keyx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 115

i think people who smokes are still going to smoke it, cause they want to... lol honestly if this helps ppl to quit, it'll only be like how much percentage of smokers? 1?

POTVINSUX
    POTVINSUX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 602

Going out for a smoke as we speak.

MurrDogg4
    MurrDogg4's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2327

One of the women on the Canadian boxes is actually named Barb Tarbox. Interesting coincidence.

orioles
    orioles's Avatar Become A Pro!

They used to place posters of dirty lungs and rotten teeth on the walls. Everyone smoked back then.

CreaturE
    Thanks to everyone helping me!!!
    CreaturE's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyM1ke View Post
    Never smoked one in my life, weed yes no cigs, waste of money
    lmfao Thanks for giving me the laugh of my Thursday.
    Weed isn't a waste money?
    Make a statement that has some factual information in it please.

nobs
    5 DIMES IS A JOKE

Quote Originally Posted by neverstoppers23 View Post
    Its easy to pick on cigs, since a minority of the public does it. Its easy to hate on them. Most smokers are poorer then most, so once again it creates a class of superiority. 'Those dumb people, why do they waste there money on it'. ' Who cares they are a bunch of unhealthy mofos anyways'.
    A lot of drugs, and food in this world are unhealthy. Why does the government care so much about smoking tobacco?
    What about the 500 + pound person buying a triple whopper with extra cheese and bacon? Don't get it at all. Its just about one thinking they are superior, that they know whats best. That 'those' people are so stupid, they can't make an informed decision, that maybe if we make them look more scary those dumb ***** would stop!
    Please....

The difference is a 500 pound person eating a triple whopper is only hurting himself. No second hand whopper smoke.

JW Cash
    JW Cash's Avatar Become A Pro!

smoking should be banned just like online poker

jgilmartin
    jgilmartin's Avatar Become A Pro!

The difference is a 500 pound person eating a triple whopper is only hurting himself. No second hand whopper smoke.
    I can understand that position for places like a courthouse or the DMV, or even airplanes. What about in someone's own home? Or in a bar? It should be up to the bar owner; people who want to smoke, or don't really mind smoking can go to the bar that allows smoking. People who can't stand smoke can go to the bar across the street, where the bar owner has seen an opportunity in the market and has made to decision not to allow smoking.

neverstoppers23
    neverstoppers23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

Whats your point? So you get up and leave, or tough it out. The second hand smoke argument has been way over blown by the media and the surgeon general so its easier for the government to pass bills to hate on smokers.

This obsession and need to try to force people to quit, by either raising taxes on them or making them look pain or scary is bull shit.

New studies say that this generation growing up now, will now die sooner then their grandparents, and parents. Not from smoking, but from drinking and eating 100 pounds of sugar a week.

N.O.S.
    N.O.S.'s Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Iced View Post
    I don't smoke but these labels are absolute nonsense.

If Congress were to follow its logic to its conclusion, they should puts labels on 12-packs of beer with pictures of mutilated bodies in car crashes, or pictures of morbidly obese dead bodies on the outside of chip packages.

Maybe they can go further. Hang big drapings over the Federal Reserve buildings with the statistic that the dollar has lost 96% of its value since the creation of the Fed. And from the roof of the White House we could hang a huge photo with the image of dead troops in caskets who have returned home from illegitimate wars abroad like in Vietnam, Iraq, and Afghanistan.

Just maybe.

Candidates to Congress show some logic before they get elected and after they become public servants that logic evaporates into thin air

GOIRISH

kinda weird how this shit wasnt passed until obama quit smoking

babyjesus
    Up with hope, Down with dope
    babyjesus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 115

Let them smoke. They know it causes cancer. They'll still do it. Just let them smoke in peace, f@*k!

Just not inside bars or restaurants, that shit is annoying. Have some f@*king respect.

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough
    Killer_Demo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4201

ill just tear the tag off real fast

I/O
    I/O's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by MarkDee View Post
    organized crime is waiting with open arms for this to happen

redsband
    redsband's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

I'm a therapist, and helping people stop smoking is easy and fast IMHO.

12 Last