wtf
    wtf's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

poster "deuce" EXPLODES

Pilot killed but three passengers manage incredible escape as Goodyear blimp plunges to the ground in Germany

By Allan Hall

Last updated at 11:30 AM on 13th June 2011

A Goodyear blimp burst into flames and plunged to earth in a weekend crash in Germany.

The pilot was killed but three passengers managed to jump to safety when the airship caught fire as it was coming in to land at the Reichelsheim aerodrome near Friedberg.

When the airship was just six metres from the floor, the pilot told his passengers, all journalists, to jump to the ground while he tried to land safely.
    Once the three had leapt clear of the blimp it climbed back up to 120 feet before being engulfed by flames

The pilot managed to get near enough the ground for passengers to escape before climbing back up

Plunge: The Goodyear blimp falls to the ground after the incident in Friedberg, Germany on Sunday night

Witnesses reported hearing a loud noise from the engine and smelling petrol fumes.

One eyewitness said: 'We could also hear the cries of the doomed pilot as the fire surrounded him. It was terrible.'

The journalists who escaped were a photographer from Germany's Bild newspaper and two from RTL television.

More...

The crash happened at 8.30pm on Sunday night after the airship had made a round trip for the pressmen to take photos of the state of Hessen.

Germany led the world in airship technology in the first half of the last century. Its most famous airship was the Zeppelin - named after the man who invented it.
    The Zeppelin was a rigid airship, meaning it has an internal structural framework, whereas blimps are non-rigid and there shape is maintained solely by internal air pressure.

One of the best-known Zeppelins was the Hindenburg which crossed the Atlantic to New Jersey on May 6 1937, but caught fire as it was trying to land, causing the deaths of 35 people.
    The crash put an end to the age of airship travel but the craft have made a comeback in Germany in recent years as tourist magnets.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz1PDLAZT8g
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: daimoshokage

daimoshokage
    daimoshokage's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 57

SoV
    "Why always me"
    SoV's Avatar Become A Pro!

What a brave fella.

And poor form from the opening poster.

Cap dat 4ss
    okst. -13.5
    Cap dat 4ss's Avatar Become A Pro!

Not funny. Way to ridicule a man that saved the lives of three others. Piece of shit poster

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Deuce is a big man

wtf
    wtf's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

wow, some of you guys are so serious

so intellectual , had to dig into the article and look for ANYTHING TO BE PISSED OFF ABOUT

you must be a barrel of laughs to hang with

wal66
    wal66's Avatar Become A Pro!

At what point is it crossing a line?

A reporter investigating the money trail of suspected terrorist is killed and it’s funny to mockingly post his pic like you will be chillin’ with the corpse.

A blimp pilot heroically saves the lives of three individuals plus who knows how many others by attempting to get out of the area and then dies in the process but it’ll be funny to draw a comparison between thinking Deuce is really a fat guy and a blimp exploding.

The argument to defend these things is “don’t be such a sensitive little bitch, shit happens, get over it” right? Well yeah shit does happen and true life can be taken too serious at times. I don’t support censorship by in large but I do support human decency.

It doesn’t make you a weak person to realize that not everything should be made fun of. It doesn’t make a person soft because they show an ounce of compassion for those who may not find certain things funny. I don’t think people that first ask themselves, “what if this tragedy happened to someone close to me” are being overly guarded.

It’s sad that so many are so willing to assume “it’s just the internet” or “it’s just words” that it don’t matter.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Slainte

stevek173
    stevek173's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5982

Well said Wally

Rod1010
    Rod1010's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

What an idiot.

mrmarket
    Update your status
    mrmarket's Avatar Become A Pro!

Its burst into flames! Get out of the way! Get out of the way! Get this, Charlie! Get this, Charlie! It's fire and it's crashing! It's crashing terrible! Oh, my! Get out of the way, please! It's burning, bursting into flames and is falling on the mooring mast, and all the folks agree that this is terrible. This is the worst of the worst catastrophes in the world! Oh, it's crashing...oh, four or five hundred feet into the sky, and it's a terrific crash, ladies and gentlemen. There's smoke, and there's flames, now, and the frame is crashing to the ground, not quite to the mooring mast...Oh, the humanity, and all the passengers screaming around here!"

jjgold

Thread was used to compare Deuce to a fkkin blimp that's all and when Deuce ears a lot he fukkin explodes

wal66
    wal66's Avatar Become A Pro!

What the thread was to be about is one thing, what the article INCLUDED in the thread was about is another. When you include an article of this nature to make fun of someone or something it reeks of tasteless humor.

Granted the opinion above is my own and I don't for a minute consider myself hollier than thou or the moral police or anything, just simply injecting my point of view about posting and life in general.

hugh_morris
    hugh_morris's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 976

Quote Originally Posted by wal66 View Post
    What the thread was to be about is one thing, what the article INCLUDED in the thread was about is another. When you include an article of this nature to make fun of someone or something it reeks of tasteless humor.

Granted the opinion above is my own and I don't for a minute consider myself hollier than thou or the moral police or anything, just simply injecting my point of view about posting and life in general.
    ...you hit the nail flush on the head....

jjgold

Deuce is over 300 pounds now but working to get down to 270

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 519

Bad taste of humor especially when the pilot died to save the passengers lives.

Slainte
    Slainte's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

Not funny

William Walters
    William Walters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Poor taste, but the wtf wasn't trying to be an a-hole here.

dzzznutz
    dzzznutz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

i got to be honest i used to make light of serious shit for shock value and laugh about it then the hammer fell on me 100 fold. Now I realize what a jerk I was and now its too late. People are detached from shit when it doesnt happen to them, just remember that the last laugh is on you. life of brian