downsouth
    Bobbywaves is a stiff
    downsouth's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25129

I won't watch ESPN unless game I really want to see. Used to love sportscenter and some of the other shows but now too much political and other shit. They choose what they want on network but I don't watch anymore.

bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9059

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfan9698 View Post
    My brother is gay as they come, and a great guy. But I totally get what Opie is saying. The PC crap is an attempt to brainwash folks. ESPN hires Dennis Miller to be edgy and when he is edgy they fire him. ESPN hires Rush to have controversial opinions, when he does that, they fire him. ESPN hires Hank Jr for his popularity and song, when he breathes a word about Obama, they fire him. But they are okay with Keith Olberman cuz he thinks like a libtard. Now there is nothing but hipster fags and women from each nationality as it should be... not an ounce of testosterone left.
    Dennis Miller? That was like 15 years ago. Stop living in the past man!

I always just assumed he was let go because people didn't get his humor and obscure references. People watch football/sports to turn their brains off. They don't want to think about some WWI battle during the middle of a game. There's a reason why John Madden was so dam popular. "Whoever scores more points, wins the game!"

sportsfan9698
    sportsfan9698's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 786

Quote Originally Posted by bigtymer56 View Post
    Dennis Miller? That was like 15 years ago. Stop living in the past man!

I always just assumed he was let go because people didn't get his humor and obscure references. People watch football/sports to turn their brains off. They don't want to think about some WWI battle during the middle of a game. There's a reason why John Madden was so dam popular. "Whoever scores more points, wins the game!"
    Dennis made people laugh... everybody I talk to seem to think he was the best personality MNF ever had. But they found out he was a righty and they fired him. ESPN is run by the dumbest people

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Miller was a fukkin loser

nobody wants jokers in the booth

Buffalo Nickle
    Buffalo Nickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 878

Yea okay... are you done now?
    Not quite. ABC didn't fire Dennis Miller because he was righty. Nobody knew he was righty back then. They fired him because their ratings sucked. That's why they put him on. They did not improve.

How exactly do you knuckleheads think people cancel ESPN without getting rid of their cable? Sure, people are getting rid of cable because of Stephen A Smith and Kaepernick.
    Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave Buffalo Nickle 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Ralphie Halves gave Buffalo Nickle 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: smittyallsports

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

America rising up....ESPN going down.

You motherfukkers think that's just a coincidence?

Love all the libtards on here

GOD SPEED PRESIDENT TRUMP!

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

Buffalo Nickle

Quote Originally Posted by opie1988 View Post
    America rising up....ESPN going down.

You motherfukkers think that's just a coincidence?

Love all the libtards on here

GOD SPEED PRESIDENT TRUMP!
    Trump is gonna save ESPN too. That man is powerful. He is gonna get Stephen A Smith off the air and everybody is going back to cable.

bigtymer56

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalo Nickle View Post
    Trump is gonna save ESPN too. That man is powerful. He is gonna get Stephen A Smith off the air and everybody is going back to cable.
    He gets rid of SAS...ill gladly kiss the Trump ring.

bigtymer56

Dennis made people laugh... everybody I talk to seem to think he was the best personality MNF ever had. But they found out he was a righty and they fired him. ESPN is run by the dumbest people
    ...not buying that for a second. One thing I've learned recently that Americans really hate...is somebody that makes them feel dumb.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11150

Saw this on another forum and it's spot on...

It has NOTHING to do with politics. NOTHING. Stop injecting your political team sport bullshit into what are purely economic forces.

I have never heard of anyone getting rid of cable completely because they didn't like one channel, but that is what it would take to get rid of a ESPN that is a basic channel on 90%+ of cable providers.

What people are "fed up with" is a cable bill that goes up every month, or has some promo rate that changes into a fuk-you-in-the-ass rate when the promo period is up. People are sick of paying for 300 channels when they watch at most 5. People are sick of how cable providers push more and more options on us (each with a higher price) that we don't want.

The only thing significant related to ESPN in this whole deal is often sports are the hardest thing for a cord cutter to get. Even if you get ESPN you might not get ESPNU or alternate SEC Network without cable, which keeps sports fans locked in cable. Making the decision to drop cable depends on how badly they want to see every football game.

But make no mistake- the SEC Network model is completely ****** in 10 years and it has nothing to do with politics and everything to do with market forces that have been moving in a certain direction ever since Youtube was created.

sportsfan9698

All that may be true, but it makes no sense to me. Seriously I said 45 earlier... but actually I think my total cable bill with junk fees is like $42. For that I get about 65 channels (not all that I want but close enough), some but not all are HD, and great internet. So when I hear some of you guys telling me cutting the cord is so great it does not add up. I still need to pay $25 or more for internet, and $10 here and there. I keep my cable and all I need is a remote to surf channels. I'm on Time Warner - every market is a lil different

Buffalo Nickle

All that may be true, but it makes no sense to me. Seriously I said 45 earlier... but actually I think my total cable bill with junk fees is like $42. For that I get about 65 channels (not all that I want but close enough), some but not all are HD, and great internet. So when I hear some of you guys telling me cutting the cord is so great it does not add up. I still need to pay $25 or more for internet, and $10 here and there. I keep my cable and all I need is a remote to surf channels. I'm on Time Warner - every market is a lil different
    $42 for cable with ESPN and $25 for internet?? You are living in deep in the past. Avg cable bill is $100 nationwide. ESPN costs $8 all by itself.

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15084

Out west, you get Cox, or you have to deal with a very slow competator as far as internet goes. I pay $70 a month for that, but i got rid of their cable, keeping the local channels so I can still watch some NCAAF and NFL for $8 month. Cable is also $70, so that was a nice $62 in my pocket for shit I don't miss anymore anyway. Switched to FireStick. Like it!

sportsfan9698

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalo Nickle View Post
    $42 for cable with ESPN and $25 for internet?? You are living in deep in the past. Avg cable bill is $100 nationwide. ESPN costs $8 all by itself.
    I know most people pay $100 but I pay $42/mo that gets me ESPN & ESPN2, Foxnews and the liberal crap MSNBC, CNN, History channel, A&E, TNT, TBS, ABC - CBS - NBC - FOX in two different markets (this is nice because I get more NFL that way) and a bunch more. I think it's a decent deal

Buffalo Nickle

I know most people pay $100 but I pay $42/mo that gets me ESPN & ESPN2, Foxnews and the liberal crap MSNBC, CNN, History channel, A&E, TNT, TBS, ABC - CBS - NBC - FOX in two different markets (this is nice because I get more NFL that way) and a bunch more. I think it's a decent deal
    That's best deal in the country. You can't get cable for less than $60 and internet for less than $40 pretty much anywhere. You must live in an economically devasted area. I see Time Warner charges $75 per month for a standard package.

sportsfan9698

I don't pay rental for any equipment... bought a compliant modem on ebay for $20 so that helps

Buffalo Nickle

I don't pay rental for any equipment... bought a compliant modem on ebay for $20 so that helps
    That just helps with a monthly charge which would probably only be $5. That would not lower your rate any from what they charge elsewhere.

thellama
    thellama's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3073

Opie with a troll job and it's funny... but to simplify the reasons that a billion dollar company is losing the subscription war because of a 'libtard agenda' is pretty moronic. It's a business, first and foremost, I seriously doubt they sat down and thought Hillary supporters were going to subscribe en masse because they have a feature on Michael Sam? This isn't Ellen dumbass. Sure, we don't want to see it either, but we don't care about any of that shit. I don't want to hear interviews, see biopics, listen to two morons debate about stupid shit I don't care about. I'll go watch a 30 for 30 on Netflix if I'm in the mood. It's 2016, I can go call Michael Sam all sorts of bad words on Twitter and he'll probably read it before blocking me. I can go on instagram and watch NFL players ripping on refs. We are so connected to everybody now, a sit down interview with anybody other than maybe Hitler or Jesus Christ isn't going to interest many people. Everything is now so much more interesting than what they're giving you.

And the one thing that floats an entertainment company is the stars. ESPN always thought we don't need to pay Dan Patrick, Olbermann (if there was a libtard agenda, this guy would be running the whole f'ing company), Colin Cowherd, Erin Andrews, Eisen, Beadle, Whitlock, Rome etc, because the sports sell themselves. Dumb way of looking at it, the sports are the stars, agreed, but now there are so many different ways to consume the sports, ESPN is no longer unique. The things they got rid of, because they were cheap, the things that made them unique and fun to watch, the PERSONALITIES, are what would have set them apart if they actually still had any. All of their names have been poached by other networks, ESPN would create stars and than let them go. The one star they made that everyone wish would go away was Berman, which goes to show you how out of touch they are.

Those Guys Have All the Fun, ESPN book, good read.

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

Quote Originally Posted by thellama View Post
    Opie with a troll job and it's funny... but to simplify the reasons that a billion dollar company is losing the subscription war because of a 'libtard agenda' is pretty moronic. It's a business, first and foremost, I seriously doubt they sat down and thought Hillary supporters were going to subscribe en masse because they have a feature on Michael Sam? This isn't Ellen dumbass. Sure, we don't want to see it either, but we don't care about any of that shit. I don't want to hear interviews, see biopics, listen to two morons debate about stupid shit I don't care about. I'll go watch a 30 for 30 on Netflix if I'm in the mood. It's 2016, I can go call Michael Sam all sorts of bad words on Twitter and he'll probably read it before blocking me. I can go on instagram and watch NFL players ripping on refs. We are so connected to everybody now, a sit down interview with anybody other than maybe Hitler or Jesus Christ isn't going to interest many people. Everything is now so much more interesting than what they're giving you.

And the one thing that floats an entertainment company is the stars. ESPN always thought we don't need to pay Dan Patrick, Olbermann (if there was a libtard agenda, this guy would be running the whole f'ing company), Colin Cowherd, Erin Andrews, Eisen, Beadle, Whitlock, Rome etc, because the sports sell themselves. Dumb way of looking at it, the sports are the stars, agreed, but now there are so many different ways to consume the sports, ESPN is no longer unique. The things they got rid of, because they were cheap, the things that made them unique and fun to watch, the PERSONALITIES, are what would have set them apart if they actually still had any. All of their names have been poached by other networks, ESPN would create stars and than let them go. The one star they made that everyone wish would go away was Berman, which goes to show you how out of touch they are.

Those Guys Have All the Fun, ESPN book, good read.
    Nobody takes Opie seriously but partisan hacks who would vote for Bin Laden, bozo the clown or Hitler if they had an R next to there name. He is one of those wonderful human beings that links a whole group of people to one bad Apple in that certain group. Check Nash one of his groupies. He basically said he wanted to blow him. My goodness

pilebuck13
    pilebuck13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1717

I steal cable get all the basic channels for free

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

I disnt even know espn still existed

havent watched them in almoat 15 years

Ra77er
    Ra77er's Avatar Become A Pro!

How did SAS get a job there?

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32317

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    Nobody takes Opie seriously but partisan hacks who would vote for Bin Laden, bozo the clown or Hitler if they had an R next to there name. He is one of those wonderful human beings that links a whole group of people to one bad Apple in that certain group. Check Nash one of his groupies. He basically said he wanted to blow him. My goodness
    You're an idiot, you wouldn't know humor if it bit you on your ass, that's because you're an idiot.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by Ra77er View Post
    How did SAS get a job there?
    Worked his way up.
    He's a journalist, I think he started out as a beat writer for the Sixers.
    From there he got a part time gig on radio, and then TV.

I got no problems how he got his gig, same way I got my gig, put in the work and and got noticed.
    I got problems with his points of views, but that's what gets ratings, but he earned every thing he has,

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    I disnt even know espn still existed

havent watched them in almoat 15 years
    So full of shit it stinks.
    Come on, you haven't watched a bowl game in 15 years?
    A MNF game? A baseball game?

You suck at trolling.

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    You're an idiot, you wouldn't know humor if it bit you on your ass, that's because you're an idiot.
    Making the case to be SBR's Michael Sam is some pretty strange humor Nash. If i have to agree with Opie about one thing im sick of that kind of shit also. If that is the path u want to go Nash it is okay with me. It is your life and as i also say to the bible clowns keep that shit to yourself. I don't need to hear about it. Live your life as u please but don't push that shit on me. Not that anything is wrong with it Nash. God Bless

turkkatarian
    turkkatarian's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17717

Lemme tell you WHERE ESPN Fukked Up! They Fukked up when they LOST MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL on ABC (Owned by the same Company Disney). No One wants to listen to crappy Mike Tirico. Also by Losing out to NBC on Sunday Night Football means that ESPN also LOST NFL Primetime with Chris Berman and Tom Jackson each Sunday Night for 25 Years instead of this Bliz Crap Berman tries on Sunday Night Sports Centers. I remember Monday Night Football a HUGE HUGE Deal when it was on ABC with Stalwarts like Al Michaels, Frank Gifford and so forth. Also Why has Chris Berman Stopped doing the Nick Names during Highlights??? That was a HUGE Reason for ESPN's Popularity Boom of the 80's and 90's!! Too Much Political Correctness and Shitty Monday Night Football set up. Also SHOULD HAVE KEPT SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL/PRIMETIME and Kept Monday Night Football on ABC. Then ESPN Fires guys like Rob Parker for calling RG III a "Cornball" lol when Parker brought a different opinion to otherwise stagnant First Take.

First 123