lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7726

Patriots -7 at Miami

Pats have blown out the Dolphins the last 3 of 4 visits there.

No one is taking the Dolphins. Hardly anyone on this site has less than -6.5. ML is free money. Pats have a lot of new parts. Dolphins are horrible and nothing is expected of them. ML movement at pinny indicates the game isnt a 7 point spread. Books dont pay out these games or they only pay out the guys who got the good #'s. I would suggest you take the points especially if you can get +7.5. Books moved quickly on this to avoid a huge loss. Pats probably win by 6 or less.

Machine Choice
    Machine Choice's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2736

Insanity if you take Miami. Pure insanity.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

kinda like the points as well, any thoughts on the raiders/broncos.

brahmabull117
    brahmabull117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Brady could throw 4 picks in this game and the patriots would still win by 3 scores cause of how awful Chad Henne is

iifold
    Update your status
    iifold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1774

If this guy has a big game, you lose...

It is really that simple...

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by iifold View Post
    If this guy has a big game, you lose... It is really that simple...

The pats could score 17 points and still cover this spread. Miami's offense is beyond atrocious

sneakerhead
    I NEED MONEY
    sneakerhead's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1417

Perfect song to go along with the video

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

No way in hell I'd lay more than 6.5 on the road in the NFL.

Could the Pats cover? Of course. Should the Pats cover? Of course. Does that make it a good bet? Absolutely not.

JACK MATZ
    JACK MATZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2213

Pats / Broncos tease......
    Easy money....

EmpireMaker
    EmpireMaker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 537

If this guy has a big game, you lose...

It is really that simple...

Is he playing quarterback too ???

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

What intrigues me the most about this game is the lack of ML movement LB.

In fact, until today, it had dropped 20 cents in Miami's favor (including 41 at one point).

It'll be interesting to see where the line goes before kickoff.

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    No way in hell I'd lay more than 6.5 on the road in the NFL. Could the Pats cover? Of course. Should the Pats cover? Of course. Does that make it a good bet? Absolutely not.

Miami was 1-7 at home last year so there's no homefield advantage there at all

iifold
    Update your status

Anybody remember this game??

http://espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=301004015

Dolphins outplayed Pats, Special Teams won the game for them...

I'm not taking either side, just playing devils advocate...

hawley
    hawley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

had dolphins and under

still maintain both were the right plays

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Hey King -- what do you think about the New England ML dropping from -330 to -280 between 9/3 and 9/8 despite the line staying at -7?

rsnnh12
    rsnnh12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 205

No way in hell I'd lay more than 6.5 on the road in the NFL.

Could the Pats cover? Of course. Should the Pats cover? Of course. Does that make it a good bet? Absolutely not.

Big Pats fan here, and I'm definitely not playing the spread. I have the Pats in a few teasers and ML parlays though. Way too risky to play a TD spread.

I think props on Ochocinco, Gronkowski, and Brady may be the best bets, depending on what lines are given. I'd lean Ocho unders, Gronkowski overs, and Brady TD over, if the lines are where I'm expecting. Waiting on 5D to post them though, before I decide, obviously.

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by rsnnh12 View Post
    Big Pats fan here, and I'm definitely not playing the spread. I have the Pats in a few teasers and ML parlays though. Way too risky to play a TD spread. I think props on Ochocinco, Gronkowski, and Brady may be the best bets, depending on what lines are given. I'd lean Ocho unders, Gronkowski overs, and Brady TD over, if the lines are where I'm expecting. Waiting on 5D to post them though, before I decide, obviously.

your team beat the dolphins by a combined score of 79-21 last year and you won't play a 7 point road spread against a team that was 1-7 at home last year??

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

lakerboy

books have accepted there loss on the -3's or 4's or 5.5's. they are gonna get the public on the -7 now. i can already see the excuses of the fix being in by pats bettors if things dont go"according to plan" . you dont lay 7 points in road games on mnf on opening day on a div game.

hawley

Quote Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post
    your team beat the dolphins by a combined score of 79-21 last year and you won't play a 7 point road spread against a team that was 1-7 at home last year??

Does " Phillies are 16-1 in Roy Halladays last 17 starts" ring a bell anyone?

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    books have accepted there loss on the -3's or 4's or 5.5's. they are gonna get the public on the -7 now. i can already see the excuses of the fix being in by pats bettors if things dont go"according to plan" . you dont lay 7 points in road games on mnf on opening day on a div game.
    You don't lay points in a road MNF game ever period.

iifold
    Update your status

Hey King -- what do you think about the New England ML dropping from -330 to -280 between 9/3 and 9/8 despite the line staying at -7?
    Pats will probably win, but Brady wont be sitting in the pocket for 8 seconds and throwing 60 yard bombs to Moss like he used to do a couple years ago...

They are going to have to game plan around Cameron Wake... screens, draws, quick slants... He changes the game, The Pats are smart and probably know what to do, but one tipped slant pass and the Dolphins have a shot...

brahmabull117

You don't lay points in a road MNF game ever period.

so are you ready to be wrong again like you were wrong in the stanford game and wrong in the jets game???

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

I have no idea what to think about the Oakland/Denver game. Both teams will probably win no more than 6 games this year. My gut tells me to go with the Broncos, but I'm just not sold on them yet. They seem more well rounded than the Raiders. I think I may just go with Broncoes ML.
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Pats will probably win, but Brady wont be sitting in the pocket for 8 seconds and throwing 60 yard bombs to Moss like he used to do a couple years ago...

They are going to have to game plan around Cameron Wake... screens, draws, quick slants... He changes the game, The Pats are smart and probably know what to do, but one tipped slant pass and the Dolphins have a shot...
    I'm not saying the Pats lose, but like LB said, you're too late to the party if you're trying to lock in that side number now.

People seem to forget how sharp NFL lines are -- even early in the season. Throw a MNF game into the mix and lay a touchdown on the road and you're begging for trouble.

hawley

so are you ready to be wrong again like you were wrong in the stanford game and wrong in the jets game???

You havent learnt a thing

I give you 4 weeks this time.

lakerboy

pats tt over 27 is -165 at the greek- that is unheard of. either they want people to lay off or they clean up. i mean no hook on it? hmm

rsnnh12
    rsnnh12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 205

Yup. Miami's D is young and athletic, the Pats are somewhat banged up, and Marshall is still an almost undefendable monster. Miami usually plays the Pats tough, and it is a game in Miami. They sucked at home last year, who knows if they will this year?

I'm predicting a 31-21 Pats win, but wouldn't be at all surprised if it is closer.

sneakerhead
    I NEED MONEY
    sneakerhead's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1417

I am so tempted to lay the points, going to wait till game time though.
    Or maybe just lay off and try to get a good number live betting

brahmabull117

I'm not saying the Pats lose, but like LB said, you're too late to the party if you're trying to lock in that side number now. People seem to forget how sharp NFL lines are -- even early in the season. Throw a MNF game into the mix and lay a touchdown on the road and you're begging for trouble.

yea NFL lines are very sharp, that's why the Patriots covered like 70% of their spreads last year and about 84% of their totals towards the OVER side

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by rsnnh12 View Post
    Yup. Miami's D is young and athletic, the Pats are somewhat banged up, and Marshall is still an almost undefendable monster. Miami usually plays the Pats tough, and it is a game in Miami. They sucked at home last year, who knows if they will this year?

I'm predicting a 31-21 Pats win, but wouldn't be at all surprised if it is closer.

how the fukk is Chad Henne gonna score 21 points against what should be a fantastic patriots defense this year???

as bad as the Miami offense was last year, they should be even worse because they have no good running backs BTW

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

The fact that this fool is questioning how sharp NFL lines are says it all.

Night fellas.

Kindred
    Bitcoin=Freedom
    Kindred's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 473

Monday Night home dogs getting +7.5..

Miami has the edge in motivation and getting no love from the public increasing the value on the fish adding the hook 7.5

Kindred
    Bitcoin=Freedom
    Kindred's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 473

Quote Originally Posted by Machine Choice View Post
    Insanity if you take Miami. Pure insanity.

laying more than a TD on the road on Monday night is insanity. Anybody can get beat, pro players at the highest level on both teams. Everybody was all over the pats at home vs. the jets in the playoffs that was at home. Miami isn't as good as last years jets team but they are at home in the season opener playing for a national audience. If they want it more than the pats the cover should be easy.

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by Kindred View Post
    laying more than a TD on the road on Monday night is insanity. Anybody can get beat, pro players at the highest level on both teams. Everybody was all over the pats at home vs. the jets in the playoffs that was at home. Miami isn't as good as last years jets team but they are at home in the season opener playing for a national audience. If they want it more than the pats the cover should be easy.

miami could have the worst record in the league this year, I honestly expect them to lose 13-14 games because they have no running game anymore to go along with the god awful chad henne throwing the ball

1234 ... Last