GimpedMaster
    Go Cards!
    GimpedMaster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 408

Quote Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post
    I just don't understand what the hell this sharp/square nonsense means??

isn't the point of betting to pick winners at a high rate?? who cares what your plays are as long as you keep picking winners??
    YES.

"Have to bet on Miami, all the money is on NE and there's no way they cover"

I will never, ever, ever understand this mindset. Vegas does not control the outcome of these games. There is no 'sharp' bet and there is no 'square' bet, there are only winning bets and losing bets.

The 'line movement' is usually based on insignificant bullshit and correlates with an outcome about half the time. So because its right on occasion, people think there must be something to it.

No, it doesn't matter how much money is on New England, he's Tom Motha-Fukkin Brady and he's just going to destroy a shitty team like the Dolphins. The line movement doesn't matter, the 'public bet' doesn't matter.

There was a decision to make before that game, either you put your money on a proven winner, or a team in shambles that did little to nothing to improve itself in the off season. I'm glad I bet with my head and not listen to the 'sharp' bettors here at SBR who guaranteed that there was too much money on NE and Vegas would somehow magically 'fix' the game.

There are no fukking 'fixes', there is no vegas conspiracy to randomly assign wins and losses in real games based on the amount of money wagered. You bet on a shitty team, you deserve to lose your money, end of story.

Sunde91
    Sunde91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255

Sharp is code word for anti-square/public. A public side will never be associated with a sharp side, which is ridiculous as "sharp" conjures keenness, intelligence, but it is completely common for public plays to be "sharp" plays. It is completey common for "sharp players" (high rollers who move lines) to bet on public sides. It is completely common for books to get killed after the "sharp side" (anti-public side) loses. Public info is just about only useful to see where the line might go which hints whether to wait or play now.

Make good plays on the best line you can get and throw the shit out the door, period. Could be a 99% public play or a 1% public play doesnt matter. You know if your plays are good by your record over a long period. You know your lines are good if you continually beat the closer.
    Points Awarded:

Love The Action gave Sunde91 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Greyraptor gave Sunde91 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Cap dat 4ss

Love The Action
    Love The Action's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3454

Quote Originally Posted by Sunde91 View Post
    Sharp is code word for anti-square/public. A public side will never be associated with a sharp side, which is ridiculous as "sharp" conjures keenness, intelligence, but it is completely common for public plays to be "sharp" plays. It is completey common for "sharp players" (high rollers who move lines) to bet on public sides. It is completely common for books to get killed after the "sharp side" (anti-public side) loses. Public info is just about only useful to see where the line might go which hints whether to wait or play now.

Make good plays on the best line you can get and throw the shit out the door, period. Could be a 99% public play or a 1% public play doesnt matter. You know if your plays are good by your record over a long period. You know your lines are good if you continually beat the closer.
    Solid

brahmabull117
    brahmabull117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Quote Originally Posted by GimpedMaster View Post
    YES.

I will never, ever, ever understand this mindset. Vegas does not control the outcome of these games. There is no 'sharp' bet and there is no 'square' bet, there are only winning bets and losing bets.

The 'line movement' is usually based on insignificant bullshit and correlates with an outcome about half the time. So because its right on occasion, people think there must be something to it.

No, it doesn't matter how much money is on New England, he's Tom Motha-Fukkin Brady and he's just going to destroy a shitty team like the Dolphins. The line movement doesn't matter, the 'public bet' doesn't matter.

There was a decision to make before that game, either you put your money on a proven winner, or a team in shambles that did little to nothing to improve itself in the off season. I'm glad I bet with my head and not listen to the 'sharp' bettors here at SBR who guaranteed that there was too much money on NE and Vegas would somehow magically 'fix' the game.

There are no fukking 'fixes', there is no vegas conspiracy to randomly assign wins and losses in real games based on the amount of money wagered. You bet on a shitty team, you deserve to lose your money, end of story.
    thank god that there's somebody here with a clue

but why are so many people on this site such fukking idiots??? That no coincedences guy is just a total clown

blackbeSSt
    blackbeSSt's Avatar Become A Pro!

i'll say it again, even SQUARES have SHARP points

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Good call Lakerman!!!

Spartan14745
    Spartan14745's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

YES.

Epic post. EPIC.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1830

YES.

You have no clue.

The sharps were on NE except at -3.5, why do you think the line moved? You think line movement is bullshit? Who won the game? NE Who covered? NE Which way did the line move? NE

Difference between sharps and squares is sharps take 3.5 while squares take 7 and in the long run we all know what happens.

Take a look at the whole week and tell me line movement and public does not matter.....Let's refresh.

SRBI
    SRBI's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Good call Lakerman!!!
    WTF are you talking about "Good call Lakerman" JJ?

Here is Lakerboy's post:

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Pats have blown out the Dolphins the last 3 of 4 visits there.

No one is taking the Dolphins. Hardly anyone on this site has less than -6.5. ML is free money. Pats have a lot of new parts. Dolphins are horrible and nothing is expected of them. ML movement at pinny indicates the game isnt a 7 point spread. Books dont pay out these games or they only pay out the guys who got the good #'s. I would suggest you take the points especially if you can get +7.5. Books moved quickly on this to avoid a huge loss. Pats probably win by 6 or less.
    Where is the good call?

Enough of the bullshit, please.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    You have no clue.

The sharps were on NE except at -3.5, why do you think the line moved? You think line movement is bullshit? Who won the game? NE Who covered? NE Which way did the line move? NE

Difference between sharps and squares is sharps take 3.5 while squares take 7 and in the long run we all know what happens.

Take a look at the whole week and tell me line movement and public does not matter.....Let's refresh.

forget it pal. that was the whole point of my thread. ne dominated this game and yet pats -7 backers were shitting there pants with a minute left. mia had several chances to score. ne had one large play in this game that proved to be the killer blow. mia left points on the field. at any number lower than -7 ne was the sharp play. thats why the line went up so quickly.

k13

NO vs GB Public back the road dog saints, yes hard to believe, line moves GB. Public 0. Line Move 1

Atl vs Chi Public all over the Falcons, line moves the opposite way late. Public 0. Line Move 1

Cincy vs Clev Public all over the Browns, line moves toward Browns. Public 0. Line Move 0

Buf vs K.C. Public all over KC, yes they won't admit now. Line steams big to Buf. Public 0 Line Move 1

Phi vs Stl Public all over Phi, line moves to Philly, down late. Public 1 Line Move 0

Det vs TB Public all over Detroit, line moves to Detroit, Public 1 Line Move 1

Ten vs Jax Public all over Titans, line moves to Titans but not significant, Public 0 Line Move 0

Pit vs Bal Public all over Steelers, little line move but very tricky. Public 0 Line Move 0

Indy vs Hou Everyone on Texans after injury, line moves to Houston. Public 1 Line Move 1

Ariz vs Car Public all over Arizona on a bad number, line moves Arizona. Public 0 Line Move 1

Sea vs SF Public on Seahawks, line moves small towards San Fran. Public 0 Line Move 1

NYG vs Wash Public all over Giants, they will lie now, huge steam on Wash. Public 0 Line Move 1

Dal vs NYJ Action pretty split, Line moves towards Jets. Public Split Line Move 1

k13

9 of 13 games the line move mattered.

9 of 13 games the public was wrong.

At least the Eagles and Patriots won right.....

BarkingToad
    BarkingToad's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19199

The 2 Miami cornerbacks I thought were good, Vontae Davis And Sean Smith, both signed on to do commercials for Premensa. Both missed a number of plays and were complaining of (menstrual) cramping. Maybe it's true that those that hang out together get on the same cycle. Pretty sad on opening night the only real men for Miami were Henne, Fasano, Dansby, and Incognito.

I also heard the coaching staff as well as Brandon Marshall are going to the land of Oz to find a brain. You New Englanders were right. On to next week.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

DOLPHINS WERE CLEARLY THE PLAY... who runs a fade patter to hartline from the 2 inch line on 4th n goal...

two horrible redzone play calling positions from miami... never seen anything worse than that fade pattern on 4th n goal... atleast throw to marshall, if u did that....

brahmabull117
    brahmabull117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Quote Originally Posted by Louisvillekid1 View Post
    DOLPHINS WERE CLEARLY THE PLAY... who runs a fade patter to hartline from the 2 inch line on 4th n goal... two horrible redzone play calling positions from miami... never seen anything worse than that fade pattern on 4th n goal... atleast throw to marshall, if u did that....

dolphins were the play

they allowed 600 yards of offense for god's sake

Sniperpicks
    Sniperpicks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

YOU HAD TO BE NUTS TO TAKE MIAMI , pats opened at like -5.5 3-4 weeks ago or more, 2-3 weeks ago it moved to 6 or 6.5 after Brady played his first PS game

at 7 and 7.5 it was still worth it to buy the point or 1/2 point to 6.5

Miami has been a shit red zone team for 4-5 years, you dont take a shit scoring team against the pats

jwbama23
    LSUCKS
    jwbama23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

One thing I have to say about Lakerboy, anytime he posts a play as a thread title the thread goes on for DAYSSSS.

LB, you know how to generate interest.....I think your call in life is Marketing

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1920

Good posts in this thread.
    But some of you clearly forgot that most of the public money was on Sunday.

First ... 891011