BarkingToad
    BarkingToad's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19187

I'm with lakerboy on this. Miami has a good defense and 2 good cornerbacks that should slow down passing game. While it was only a preseason game and means nothing, Detroit roughed up Brady a bit. I believe Miami has as good a defense as Detroit.
    Maybe we'll see Bush in wildcat formation? If Miami can't get up for a Monday night prime time home opener against a hated rival, what good are they? If they don't ask much of Henne, while keeping the ball in Bush and Marshall's hands, Miami should keep this close.

babyjesus
    Up with hope, Down with dope
    babyjesus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 115

I do like the pats, but have been reading some stuff that has me wanting to say dophins spread. idk maybe im crazy.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1824

If books wanted NE action they would have left the spread at -3.5.

-7 is pointless to play now.

Have like 5 ml parlays ending with NE, a little worried but not yet.

LastSonKal-El
    LastSonKal-El's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by hawley View Post
    had dolphins and under

still maintain both were the right plays
    had the dolphins i got murderd that game after a solid days college football and nfl sunday

thericker7
    thericker7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207

I don't like the points, because the Patriots are like the Chargers, without some of their weapons that they used to have and they could easily win by 2 touchdowns, or win by 6. And even though Miami was 1-7 at home, that was last year, it doesn't mean too much to me in the first game of the season. Just to stay interested in this game, I am sprinkling some money on Patriots money line, regardless of the price. It's a safe and profitable bet.

So after all that, I am with Lakrboy

boneheaded1
    boneheaded1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1081

Come on guys. Don't be greedy. Just take the Patriots moneyline and get your free money.

SRBI
    SRBI's Avatar Become A Pro!

OK, Pats -7 it is...thanks

cloudagh
    cloudagh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 100

Lets go pats. Took this early and will ride it.

Ralphie1412
    You Come at the King You Best Not Miss
    Ralphie1412's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1209

I love the forced bets that take place on sunday and monday nights in the nfl season. MLB too......the fact is the primetime game whether its Sunday night baseball or monday night football, usually its not a good play. Guys force themselves like they HAVE to bet it.

Cris_from_Europe
    Cris_from_Europe's Avatar Become A Pro!

@k13 why worry ? place a bet on Miami ML just to be sure you have a winning day ... you get insane value with Miami ML .. don't even have to bet much to insure you 5 ML parlays ...

boneheaded1
    boneheaded1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1081

And to everyone who has doubts. Yes. Miami has a decent defense with two very good corners and can pressure the QB on a semi regular basis. But NE usually is in single back formations and is VERY comfortable running 6-8 yard completion type plays. So tell me, who is going to cover the other two guys looking to catch passes?

And tell me again? How are the Dolphins going to drive on the Patriots? Marshall is a beast? Sure, when the passes are catchable.

Reggie Bush could potentially use his speed to make some big plays but they just need to hold him up one time and let Fat Albert come over and squash him like a bug then that threat is gone.

Short of a complete breakdown on BOTH sides of the ball, I just don't see NE losing this one.

I'm all-in on the NE moneyline.

B1GER1C828
    Bostoneric
    B1GER1C828's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 318

People forget why pats went 14-2 last year. Because of their TE tandem. Gronkowski and Aaron hernandez. Both absolutely uncoverable by anyone on dolphins. Ochocinco, branch, welker are 3 amazign route runners, so i don't care who you put on them from the fins, it won't matter. What people arent talking bout is patriots defense. Very young and just got rid of a few people who actually had some experience. Merriweather and gerard Warren come to mind. Pats defense is going for alot more pressure this year.

Dolphins will score, patriots will score alot more. patriots/over teaser is what ill do really small.

blackbeSSt
    blackbeSSt's Avatar Become A Pro!

NE has covered 6 of the last 8 games played against miami. no reason to go against that.

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8440

Miami wins this one

don't too over confident Pats backers. Look what happened to Atlanta, Pittsburgh and the NYG on the road yesterday

blackbeSSt

Quote Originally Posted by DwightShrute View Post
    Miami wins this one don't too over confident Pats backers. Look what happened to Atlanta, Pittsburgh and the NYG on the road yesterday
    are you really comparing those 3 teams to NE?

dmiles1021
    YouWager.eu
    dmiles1021's Avatar Become A Pro!

haha i know right that means nothing that the giants lost yesterday...

hubie69
    I am JJs bookie
    hubie69's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 617

spread hit 8 on bodog, I think it goes up to 9 towards kick. I think you have to take Mia +9 at home on MNF

DwightShrute

Quote Originally Posted by blackbeSSt View Post
    are you really comparing those 3 teams to NE?
    how many big games have New England won the last 3 years? Big games ... I mean playoff games? I will give you a hint ... less than 1.

They might win tonight. They might lose. But you have them of some kind of pedestal because they won a super bowl 4 or 5 years ago.

Good luck

Jcm144
    Jcm144's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 612

I'm leaning towards the pats -7, try to get back on track after an awful weekend. I just hate leaving so many points on the board on the road in a monday night game. But my book has the pats down for a huge -350 ml

fergie's balls
    fergie's balls's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 129

Miami wins this one

don't too over confident Pats backers. Look what happened to Atlanta, Pittsburgh and the NYG on the road yesterday
    forget the Giants, i am diehard fan and knew they were in trouble, it was easy to see. you are comparing Bears D to Dolphins D? and Baltimore offense to Miami offense?

i agree the 7 is no play even though a NE lean, however the moneyline is an intelligent way to take advantage of a line intended to draw in non-moneyline action action. not saying it's gonna be an easy win either, personally won't check score until 2nd half!

thorskin
    thorskin's Avatar Become A Pro!

Im thinking of teasing down to get NE at -2, and Over 40. I have faith that they will win by 2 or more, but not too sure about the over. Anyone have any input on the Over/Under tonight? Too Much pressure is going to be coming from Pat's D-Line and I can see Henne making a couple mistakes.

blackbeSSt

Quote Originally Posted by fergie's balls View Post
    forget the Giants, i am diehard fan and knew they were in trouble, it was easy to see. you are comparing Bears D to Dolphins D? and Baltimore offense to Miami offense? i agree the 7 is no play even though a NE lean, however the moneyline is an intelligent way to take advantage of a line intended to draw in non-moneyline action action. not saying it's gonna be an easy win either, personally won't check score until 2nd half!
    exactly. the dolphins D is by no means a baltimore D. and matty ice/eli manning are in no way a tom brady.

brahmabull117
    brahmabull117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

how many big games have New England won the last 3 years? Big games ... I mean playoff games? I will give you a hint ... less than 1. They might win tonight. They might lose. But you have them of some kind of pedestal because they won a super bowl 4 or 5 years ago. Good luck

what an absolutely retarded reasoning

this is not a "Big game". This is a relatively easy game against a horrible opponent with one of the worst offenses in the league. Say what you want to say about the pats choking in the playoffs, but that's irrelevant...they have been awesome against bad teams like this recently

SaintsFan
    SaintsFan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I second the post asking for screenshots of you Dolphins backers.

Lets see some.

I'm inadvertently huge on Pats teaser at -.5 because I successfully middled Jets/Cowboys last night.

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by BarkingToad View Post
    I'm with lakerboy on this. Miami has a good defense and 2 good cornerbacks that should slow down passing game. While it was only a preseason game and means nothing, Detroit roughed up Brady a bit. I believe Miami has as good a defense as Detroit.
    Maybe we'll see Bush in wildcat formation? If Miami can't get up for a Monday night prime time home opener against a hated rival, what good are they? If they don't ask much of Henne, while keeping the ball in Bush and Marshall's hands, Miami should keep this close.

Miami has a good defense?? The patriots averaged like 40 points per game last year playing against teams like the jets, bears, steelers and packers. All those teams are a mile better defensively than miami

and keep the ball in Bush's hands?? Bush is a godawful choice as a primary in between the tackle running back. If he gets 20-30 carries, you know the dolphins offense is getting dominated (which it will be)

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

Must be no Pats ML (parlays) and teaser bets lingering from Sunday and no way no chance anyone teases the Pats tonight.

jrs362
    jrs362's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2554

What are your thoughts on teasing this one? Not good value, but I'd be happy with Pats -1, O 40.

I'd be leaving A LOT on the table compared to playing -7, O/U 46, but I can't see how -1/Over 40 doesn't hit.

EDIT: I say this as I don't like the -7 and 46 seems just about right to me for the this game so I can't decide O/U on that.
    Last edited by jrs362; 09-12-11 at 11:11 AM. Reason: clarification

downsouth
    Bobbywaves is a stiff
    downsouth's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25123

Quote Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post
    what an absolutely retarded reasoning

this is not a "Big game". This is a relatively easy game against a horrible opponent with one of the worst offenses in the league. Say what you want to say about the pats choking in the playoffs, but that's irrelevant...they have been awesome against bad teams like this recently

Why are you still hanging around a message board trolling when you obviously have this figured out beyond reason. Play the superstar team at huge chalk. Bravo to you for stumbling across what is obviously a sure fire way to wealth beyond your wildest imagination.

Don't you have some late season -250 baseball chalk to lay somewhere.

brahmabull117

oh and chad henne's numbers against the pats last year in 2 games

34/56 371 yards 2 touchdowns 4 interceptions 62 quarterback rating

and that was henne last year with Ricky Williams and Ronnie Brown. They have nothing at the running back position so they're gonna force henne to throw the ball 50 times in this game against what's going to be a GREAT patriots defense this year

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
    Why are you still hanging around a message board trolling when you obviously have this figured out beyond reason. Play the superstar team at huge chalk. Bravo to you for stumbling across what is obviously a sure fire way to wealth beyond your wildest imagination.

Don't you have some late season -250 baseball chalk to lay somewhere.

- 110 is a huge chalk play????

JMF2479
    JMF2479's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

so are you ready to be wrong again like you were wrong in the stanford game and wrong in the jets game???
    I think he has to be right sooner or later. I'm on Miami tonight lol. I was on Dallas +6.5 and Stanford

DwightShrute

Quote Originally Posted by fergie's balls View Post
    forget the Giants, i am diehard fan and knew they were in trouble, it was easy to see. you are comparing Bears D to Dolphins D? and Baltimore offense to Miami offense?
    not at this time. No.

Miami has a solid D though and a potentially explosive offense. we will see.

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by JMF2479 View Post
    I think he has to be right sooner or later. I'm on Miami tonight lol. I was on Dallas +6.5 and Stanford

I just find it funny for him to debate me

everytime he tries to argue against what I'm saying, he's wrong like 3 out of 4 times but he keeps talking trash. It's really quite funny

SaintsFan
    SaintsFan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I just find it funny for him to debate me

everytime he tries to argue against what I'm saying, he's wrong like 3 out of 4 times but he keeps talking trash. It's really quite funny
    Brahma, I will defend you to say that I think your strategy of gambling will net about as much money as Lakerboy's strategy and that it's unfair for him to be so popular while most everybody on here dislikes you.

His picks are sexier than yours - that's the bottom line. But you win a disproportionate amount of your posted plays (you hit at over 75% from what I've seen) and he hits a disproportionate amount of his crazy ass underdog plays (about 35% of them from what I've seen) so I think basically the two of you come out around the same.

I play favorites more often than the self-proclaimed "sharps" here would play, but I also play more underdogs than you would play. I think all methods can work as long as you know which games to shy away from.

DwightShrute

Quote Originally Posted by ugabooga View Post
    New England has won seven straight games on opening weekend, the NFL's second-longest active streak behind Pittsburgh's eight. The Dolphins, meanwhile, have lost their past five home openers

All in, Pats ML.

*trollface*
    Steelers won 6 season openers in a row heading into yesterdays game. Just sayin'

First 123456 ... Last