Rubber Guard
    Rubber Guard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5152

Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    I'd be very surprised if anyone here (maybe not anyone, but most) thought that Bellator wanted Tito to win. I think they know exactly what kind of matchup Shlemenko is for him.
    I agree. But schlemenko has been around how long? So many wins. Yet no one cares about him much to this day. I don't really think k beating tito is going to create some star.

You would sort of think Bellator brought Tito in to main event a card vs page or Mo. Not a 3rd fight if a card vs a middle weight who doesn't talk shit. You know?

But obviously Bellator understands what this matchup is. Therefor trying to build Schlemenko. Which will fail. Maybe they will do him vs lhw champ once that is sorted out. That is probably their goal.

MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

Quote Originally Posted by Rubber Guard View Post
    I agree. But schlemenko has been around how long? So many wins. Yet no one cares about him much to this day. I don't really think k beating tito is going to create some star.

You would sort of think Bellator brought Tito in to main event a card vs page or Mo. Not a 3rd fight if a card vs a middle weight who doesn't talk shit. You know?

But obviously Bellator understands what this matchup is. Therefor trying to build Schlemenko. Which will fail. Maybe they will do him vs lhw champ once that is sorted out. That is probably their goal.
    Never. They'd be feeding one of their champions to another for minimal gain.

Rubber Guard

So their master plan is to have 50k ppv buyers catch schlemenko beat a well known over the hill can in the middle of the card? It may have worked to build off tito a few years ago but even the most casual fans make fun of tito and how much he sucks. You would think they would at least headline it on spike to build him. No one will remember a 3 round snoozer in the middle of a shitty low watched ppv. In a matchup that has produced zero buzz leading into it.

I get what you guys are saying and that is obviously what Bellator is trying g to do. I guess all i am saying is they are stupid.

MD

So their master plan is to have 50k ppv buyers catch schlemenko beat a well known over the hill can in the middle of the card? It may have worked to build off tito a few years ago but even the most casual fans make fun of tito and how much he sucks. You would think they would at least headline it on spike to build him. No one will remember a 3 round snoozer in the middle of a shitty low watched ppv. In a matchup that has produced zero buzz leading into it.

I get what you guys are saying and that is obviously what Bellator is trying g to do. I guess all i am saying is they are stupid.
    I'd be surprised if he made it out of the first round with Shlemenko, I doubt we see a snoozer, but I digress.

And yes, that is what I believe their master plan to be. Not maniacal, but hey, it's Bellator.

Rubber Guard

Never. They'd be feeding one of their champions to another for minimal gain.
    Schlemenko doesn't matter and never has. He is an alright fighter but he isn't some young stud like Chandler. He has been around the block. Is Russian. Doesn't talk crap. They have zero MWs. Trying to get him on some long win streak is a waste of time. They need to start making super and I use tat word lightly....fights. lhw champ vs mw camp and so forth. No one gives 2 Shits about schlemenko or how many wins he can rattle off in their worst div outside of hw

Rubber Guard

Posting from a phone sucks. Especially with my lack of enthusiasm to correct words.

I apologize for the incoherent posts.

MD

Schlemenko doesn't matter and never has. He is an alright fighter but he isn't some young stud like Chandler. He has been around the block. Is Russian. Doesn't talk crap. They have zero MWs. Trying to get him on some long win streak is a waste of time. They need to start making super and I use tat word lightly....fights. lhw champ vs mw camp and so forth. No one gives 2 Shits about schlemenko or how many wins he can rattle off in their worst div outside of hw
    He's only a year older than Chandler, and he's better than "all right". There are maybe seven or eight guys in the world whom I'd favour over him at 185.

If no one gives two shits about Shlemenko, then how can they profit from putting him into super fights? Super fights only make sense if both fighters are marketable in the first place. All they can do is continue to build him up.

Rubber Guard

If their priority was to build in house guys you would think spending a whole cards worth of fighter money on a couple over the hill stars wouldn't be the move. Or risking into shitty ppvs. Have the guy fight 6 times a year vs your bums on spike. Pad his record. Accumulate highlights. And parade around with a sign stating his record and how it rivals the best streak of all time.

MD

If their priority was to build in house guys you would think spending a whole cards worth of fighter money on a couple over the hill stars wouldn't be the move. Or risking into shitty ppvs. Have the guy fight 6 times a year vs your bums on spike. Pad his record. Accumulate highlights. And parade around with a sign stating his record and how it rivals the best streak of all time.
    Exactly. Just so happens that they picked a very expensive bum to pad his record with this time.

Rubber Guard

He's only a year older than Chandler, and he's better than "all right". There are maybe seven or eight guys in the world whom I'd favour over him at 185.

If no one gives two shits about Shlemenko, then how can they profit from putting him into super fights? Super fights only make sense if both fighters are marketable in the first place. All they can do is continue to build him up.
    I didn't realize he was still that young. Seems like he has been around forever. I thought he was 31 32.

Yea he is perhaps fringe top 10 in a thin class. But I don't think most people realize that. I bet he isn't a top 7 draw in bellator. Alvarez chandler page mo tito Kongo curran maybe lima are all probably better draws or known

Rubber Guard

Exactly. Just so happens that they picked a very expensive bum to pad his record with this time.
    Yea I guess. They just paid tito out the ass and this loss in the middle of a card in a fight that has no buzz is their prize.

Bellator is a joke. Doubt he fights again. Hell not sure he makes this one. I could see a shamrock injury in the back.

MD

I didn't realize he was still that young. Seems like he has been around forever. I thought he was 31 32.

Yea he is perhaps fringe top 10 in a thin class. But I don't think most people realize that. I bet he isn't a top 7 draw in bellator. Alvarez chandler page mo tito Kongo curran maybe lima are all probably better draws or known
    In terms of drawing power, it probably goes something like...

Chandler, Alvarez, Curran, Shlemenko, Mo, Rampage.

I think that Mo and Rampage draw more than Shlemenko currently, but once the novelty of Rampage begins to wear off and he's lost a fight or two, people will stop caring. Shlemenko is going to get bigger and bigger in the meantime; he'll be one of their most-pushed guys within two years if he doesn't lose.

Tommy Blingshyne
    Tommy Blingshyne's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 304

remember, the original fight was to be rampage v. ortiz on PPV...shlemenko v. ortiz wasnt the master plan...i guess its the best they could come up w/ to A. attempt to build up shlemenko off whatever rep tito has left and B. help bolster the PPV card w/ another "big" name fighter (tito)...clearly, its not the most rock solid plan but this is bellator were talking about

Rubber Guard

In terms of drawing power, it probably goes something like...

Chandler, Alvarez, Curran, Shlemenko, Mo, Rampage.

I think that Mo and Rampage draw more than Shlemenko currently, but once the novelty of Rampage begins to wear off and he's lost a fight or two, people will stop caring. Shlemenko is going to get bigger and bigger in the meantime; he'll be one of their most-pushed guys within two years if he doesn't lose.
    I just don't see it all because he is foreign and doesn't have any buzz before his fight. Coupled with no one to build off. That is why they have to move him up to fight tito. He might get pushed hard and become one of their top couple stars. But I don't ever see him becoming a serious star for them since he offers nothing before or after the fight.

Rubber Guard

Dude has 50 wins yet has never been in what felt like a big matchup.

mmaed
    mmaed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5003

I guess I am the only one on Tito. I took him by decision and I am waiting until tomorrow to see what I can get him at straight. +500 isn't bad. Shlemenko is a small middleweight and Tito is a full sized Light heavyweight and a better wrestler. We'll see what happens. I know Shlemenkos body shots should hurt tito but I'm willing to take the chance.

I watched over Shlemenko vs Brennan and Shlemenkos old fight against Lombard. He was taken down in every round against Lombard and Brennan took him down multiple times in the first round of their fight. I think Tito will at least get him down in round one if he doesn't take something to hardcore on the way in. If he gets him down I think he will be able to hold him down for the round with his strength and wrestling. I'll be sweating round three if it makes it there.

fitguy67
    blessed be the cheesemakers
    fitguy67's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3358

^^^^^gud post, mmaed...

with a price of +440 and the "full-sized LHW vs. small-MW" angle...definitely worth a splash

the one fave i think that is worth more than a splash is Shahbulat Shamhalaev (had to cut and paste the damn name) ...works in the bettors' favor that the legion of "similarly-named" similarly-trained similarly-styled hi-octane Russian grinders all lack the sort of pizzazzz that brings in the casual-fan's money...making him a steal at -280 imo (not even having a remotely-memorable Anglo-nick such as 'Frodo' makes this guy even more "plain vanilla" priced)
    Last edited by fitguy67; 05-16-14 at 11:16 PM.

MD

Quote Originally Posted by fitguy67 View Post
    ^^^^^gud post, mmaed...

with a price of +440 and the "full-sized LHW vs. small-MW" angle...definitely worth a splash

the one fave i think that is worth more than a splash is Shahbulat Shamhalaev (had to cut and paste the damn name) ...works in the bettors' favor that the legion of "similarly-named" similarly-trained similarly-styled hi-octane Russian grinders lack the sort of pizzazzz that brings in the casual-fan's money...a steal at -280 imo
    wat

Did you study tape here? Shamhalaev is one of the most consistent finishers at 145.

fitguy67

agreed...that's what makes him such good value...real mma fans know the guy is an explosive beast...plenty of pizzazz for us...

but for the casual "Dave & Bustrs" guy...he's just another Russian with a funny name they can never remember...(the one nicknamed Frodo' is the only one they'll ever remember)...the rest are like clones of serious-looking dudes flipping over tractor tires with the same voice-over droning on about what happens when they step into that cage and how much they sacrificed and how they won't stop until they win the bellator championship....

in the end they're all that same guy with the long name ending in "v"...not likely to get bid up by the casual fan...

in reality, SS is an exciting fighter...but he'll have (unfairly as you point out) a "flat as piss on a plate" image in the eyes of the casual fan (who, as much as we denigrate them, are the source of most of the $ we sharp cats try to harvest when we fade someone we deem "overvalued"...or in this case...buy someone we deem as "undervalued"...because of, among many other things, an unfairly-blaaah image)
    Last edited by fitguy67; 05-16-14 at 11:39 PM.

Tommy Blingshyne

I just don't see it all because he is foreign and doesn't have any buzz before his fight. Coupled with no one to build off. That is why they have to move him up to fight tito. He might get pushed hard and become one of their top couple stars. But I don't ever see him becoming a serious star for them since he offers nothing before or after the fight.
    i think shlemenko has a little bit of buzz going into this fight...he doesnt have mainstream appeal but people that follow MMA are catching onto him...he has potential...whats funny is, if he does continue to win, hell prob. breakthrough on a mainstream level after he leaves bellator and signs w/ the UFC

Tommy Blingshyne

Dude has 50 wins yet has never been in what felt like a big matchup.
    well his 1st 40 fights were mostly in russia against people we never heard of...renan barao was on a 20 something fight win streak and nobody knew who he was either...maybe this is the fight people become aware...tito aint shit anymore, but if he knocks tito out or something spectacular people will take notice...its a starting point...every next guy up has to smash some old timer past his prime before breaking into the limelight...its like a right of passage...

Unwritten Law
    Unwritten Law's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -1617

maybe Ortiz for a small bet.

MD

Might not even be awake for this card at this rate. May have to double down. The only time I'll be happy to see an early event will be for KSW today.

Brooks is up to +817, but Chandler just hit that sweetspot where Ron_Paul is going to start adding him to parlays, so hey, who knows how high this line goes.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Lol

Bumdeal
    Twirling his mustache
    Bumdeal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2984

Chandler ITD for me.

Shabulat will definitely be in my parlays. Hoping he drops more from -300.

Cannot believe schlemenko dropped to -425. WHO IN THEIR RIGHT MIND IS ACTUALLY BETTING ORTIZ?? Thank you.

I think we are getting a good price against richman. Goiti has a lot of potential end didn't show up for his last fight. Wonder if his TDD has improved and if richman will go for the Tds.

I will bet against Kongo's chin.

Can't turn down mo at these odds eventhough he is a piece of shit

not sure on ivanov

Grabaka
    Update your status
    Grabaka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4034

Im betting Ortiz you bum

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Grab u must be betting against rampage surely seeing as he is a tiddies hater?!

snapperman2
    Keep bothering on
    snapperman2's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16306

Rampage is only -202 against Lawal. How can anyone think that Lawal has any chance at all against Rampage?

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12011

Quote Originally Posted by snapperman2 View Post
    Rampage is only -202 against Lawal. How can anyone think that Lawal has any chance at all against Rampage?
    My thoughts exactly.. A ready and in shape Rampage "which he is" will destroy Mo... It won't be a spinning back fist that catches King Mo this time either.. Rampage will straight up punch him in the face and drop him like a bad habit at some point..

Grabaka
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    Grab u must be betting against rampage surely seeing as he is a tiddies hater?!
    Yeah bro. I cried that whole episode.

fitguy67

Snapper and Jibby...you guyz are confusing the old Rampage...you know, the hard-training and explosive elite martial artist...that, my friends, ended after his last title shot agains Jones...

After that...starting with Bader, then Teixeira...etc...the guy doing that same "heavy link chain around the neck" walkout is not Rampage Jackson...it's SUFAP ("Show up for a paycheck") Jackson

i agree with Bum...Mo was WAY over-rated and has been thoroughly exposed by Newton in the follow-up fight...but he hasn't thrown in the towel on his career like Quinton has, either...

if Jackson were fighting Bader again tonight...what would be different?...nothing...he's just convinced everybody he's been "revitalized" to score a few more paydays...

don't be fooled into thinking anything close to the old'Page is back...the last two guys he fought were cans...Mo's not great, but he sure ain't no can...so at the price a no-brainer for me: it's Mo...a guy i'd also bet against versus Bader...but, son of a bitch he'll be there to win...

Given the choice, of course, this Jackson would rather win than lose the fight...but he doesn't REALLY care enough to REALLY work for it, either
    Last edited by fitguy67; 05-17-14 at 12:26 PM.

Grabaka
    Update your status

$210.00 on Mike Richman @ -210
    $200.00 on King Mo @ +215
    $100.00 on Will Brooks @ +670
    $100.00 on Blagoy Ivanov @ +100
    $100.00 on Tito Ortiz @ +410
    $50.00 on Ricky Rainey @ +400

$145.00 on Guerreiro/Shamwow O1½ @ -145
    $100.00 on Tito Ortiz Dec +600
    $50.00 on Ricky Rainey Dec +1000
    $50.00 on Blagoy Ivanov Dec +425

$50.00 on Richman + Brooks Over
    $50.00 on Richman + Ortiz Over
    $50.00 on Richman + Not Volkov ITD
    $50.00 on Shamwow Over + Not Volkov ITD
    $50.00 on Ortiz Over + Not Volkov ITD

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Dont worry cuz, Tiddies is still working his way up,,just needs to win a couple more in Ohio Bumfuck FightFest and then he'll get his revenge

Grabaka
    Update your status

Im just starting V!

Yes! I still hoping Tiddies gets his Revenge....but i heard from him hes waiting for Rampage to get a tiny bit more old andthen call him out
    #allinontiddies

dawgs777
    dawgs777's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1606

Quote Originally Posted by Grabaka View Post
    $210.00 on Mike Richman @ -210
    $200.00 on King Mo @ +215
    $100.00 on Will Brooks @ +670
    $100.00 on Blagoy Ivanov @ +100
    $100.00 on Tito Ortiz @ +410
    $50.00 on Ricky Rainey @ +400

$145.00 on Guerreiro/Shamwow O1½ @ -145
    $100.00 on Tito Ortiz Dec +600
    $50.00 on Ricky Rainey Dec +1000
    $50.00 on Blagoy Ivanov Dec +425

$50.00 on Richman + Brooks Over
    $50.00 on Richman + Ortiz Over
    $50.00 on Richman + Not Volkov ITD
    $50.00 on Shamwow Over + Not Volkov ITD
    $50.00 on Ortiz Over + Not Volkov ITD
    tito is gonna get hurt .shlemenko is a beast. this fight will be titos last fight. gtd.

t

First ... 2345678 ... Last