SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

US Open In-Game-Thread, Round 3!

Lets get the early discussion on round 3 (ladies) tomorrow. The men are still round 2 so we can discuss that in the other thread, or here if you like.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

RYBARIKOVA +231
    I missed out on taking this chick in Round 2 because I talked myself out of it. She's playing Patty Schnyder in Round 3. Patty has made 3 of 4 4th Rounds at the US Open, but maybe it's just me - she seems to flame out somewhere when she could make a run. I like the young Russian.

Other girl who could spring an upset - to Crazy's chagrin - Azarenka. Good price vs. Wozniacki on what I think is a fairly even match.

Check out the old blog for both my Friday Picks. I feel good about 'em both!

SBR Lou

Doubt it brother @ Azarenka. I have to do my grading for the contest but then I'll be capping some tennis with whomever is still awake.

EaglesPhan36

So Crazy, you wanna nut up & do an avatar bet on the Azarenka-Wozniacki match? We can make it real easy. Loser puts up the winner's choice of avatar & the avatar only lasts until the match winner today (Azarenka or Wozniacki) loses at the Open.

Whaddya say dude? You got that much confidence in your girl?

EaglesPhan36

Incredible last game by Jankovic-Zheng in the 2nd set. 10 deuces & my future stays alive with Jankovic winning 7-5,7-5.

EaglesPhan36

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    Whaddya say dude? You got that much confidence in your girl?
    So I take your silence as a no-bet.

This coulda been your avatar.

By the way, I watched a couple games of Federer vs. Alves. Fed looked pretty lethargic.

EaglesPhan36

Tommy Haas

What a moron. Wins a classic opening round vs. Gasquet. Goes up two sets on Muller and he's about to choke and lose in 5. Way to go bro.

woodg8
    woodg8's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    Incredible last game by Jankovic-Zheng in the 2nd set. 10 deuces & my future stays alive with Jankovic winning 7-5,7-5.
    Yeah, great game, but annoying cos I backed Zheng. She must have missed at least 30 break points in that match

EaglesPhan36

Yeah I actually was so tired of watching Jankovic blow chances and hit the same shots that I was rooting for her to lose and go to the F-ing tie break.

Jankovic really has to amp up to close people out at the end of sets. She's doing way more work than is needed the last 2 rounds. But a win is a win.

EaglesPhan36

Roddick win the monster win in set 2 to even it up. Let's see if the youngster keeps up now.

picantel
    picantel's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 433

Only one tiny little play today for fun. $20 on Sugiyama

SBR Lou

Whats up all, how was your nights?