ThaWoj
    hope i dont wake up tomorrow
    ThaWoj's Avatar SBR Hall of Famer

DK MLB daily special rainout/postponed void?

I bet $100 on a daily special at DK tonight, any team to score 11+ runs NO at +300. Stl and Bal are tied 1-1 in the 6th and its suspended until tomorrow. Based on the rules I read regarding other daily special bets it sounds like all games have to go at least 8.5 innings on the day of the daily special bet. Does this mean it voids? Also the bet is showing as currently open...are they free rolling me hoping one of the last few games still playing has a team score 11 to make the ticket lose? If its a void it should be voided immediately since there is no chance the bet can win even if all games have no one scoring 11 runs.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by ThaWoj View Post
    I bet $100 on a daily special at DK tonight, any team to score 11+ runs NO at +300. Stl and Bal are tied 1-1 in the 6th and its suspended until tomorrow. Based on the rules I read regarding other daily special bets it sounds like all games have to go at least 8.5 innings on the day of the daily special bet. Does this mean it voids? Also the bet is showing as currently open...are they free rolling me hoping one of the last few games still playing has a team score 11 to make the ticket lose? If its a void it should be voided immediately since there is no chance the bet can win even if all games have no one scoring 11 runs.
    If it should be void by the rules it cannot turn into a loss, whenever they grade it.

Sometimes it can turn into a win though. They might have it open and plan to pay winners and void losers.

Can you find the rules you are referring to btw? It will go on what is published in the terms or specifically for this promo.

ThaWoj

They voided it. It should be open in my opinion. In the rules it says suspended games completed in 36 hrs bets will stand (unless it was something that already settled like 1st inning or over Ks).

They have a section on daily specials but it specifically lists certain specials and what happens with each one. It does not have any rule about "any team to score X+ runs yes/no"

I will try to paste all that when i get a break here at work

ThaWoj

"Bets on games suspended after they have started will have action as long as the game is resumed within 36 hours of the original start time and made official. If not, all bets will be void, unless the wager has been unequivocally determined prior to the game’s suspension. This applies unless otherwise stated (i.e. playoff game rule)."

"Daily Specials
    For all Daily Specials, all scheduled games (quantity listed in the market title) must be played to completion on the listed date and go at least 8.5 innings for bets to have action, unless settlement has already been determined as stated below:

“- Game 1” or “- Game 2” will be used to denote games/teams with doubleheaders.
    Daily Total Runs (Grand Salami) – All bets have action if the “Over” selection is determined regardless of the quantity games played to completion.
    Highest Scoring Team – All bets have action if the highest scoring team played in an official game (regardless of length) and all other scheduled games went at least 8.5 innings.
    Highest Scoring Game – All bets have action if the highest scoring game is an official game (regardless of length) and all other games went at least 8.5 innings, or if the highest scoring game is suspended until a later date and all other games went at least 8.5 innings.
    Will there be a Grand Slam/Player to hit for the cycle/etc.– All bets have action if the “Yes” selection is determined at any stage, regardless of the quantity of games played to completion.
    Will there be a No Hitter/Perfect Game – All bets have action if the “Yes” selection is determined at any stage, regardless of the quantity of games played to completion.
    Pitcher with most strikeouts/Player with most total bases/etc.– All bets have action if the winning pitcher/player played in an official game (regardless of length) and all other games went at least 8.5 innings, or the winning pitcher/player is unequivocally determined."

To me these contradict

Optional

Daily Specials
    For all Daily Specials, all scheduled games (quantity listed in the market title) must be played to completion on the listed date and go at least 8.5 innings for bets to have action, unless settlement has already been determined
    ---------------------

^^^ That seems to be the relevant rule?

Not seeing any contradiction. Just a different rule for the daily specials.

ThaWoj

I was referring to where it says bets on games suspended after they have started will have action as long as the game is resumed within 36 hours of the original start time and made official.

I know my opinion doesnt matter but if the game is continuing from yesterday with the same score same stats and everything, it should be counted as yesterdays game. Its not going to change the outcome of the bet (maybe one could argue wind would be different for totals etc)..and I'm pretty sure this suspended game wont count in any of todays daily specials? Not sure. But if thats the case then this game didnt count at all even tho all stats from yesterday will be official after its finished today.

ThaWoj

Also what if the game resumed at 12:01 am? Then void? And eastern time, central time etc?

Optional

I was referring to where it says bets on games suspended after they have started will have action as long as the game is resumed within 36 hours of the original start time and made official.

I know my opinion doesnt matter but if the game is continuing from yesterday with the same score same stats and everything, it should be counted as yesterdays game. Its not going to change the outcome of the bet (maybe one could argue wind would be different for totals etc)..and I'm pretty sure this suspended game wont count in any of todays daily specials? Not sure. But if thats the case then this game didnt count at all even tho all stats from yesterday will be official after its finished today.
    Also what if the game resumed at 12:01 am? Then void? And eastern time, central time etc?
    Honestly, I don't think it is confusing or contradictory at all.

And not be a dick, but this is exactly what you said should happen in your original post, so I suspect you understood it well enough when you were worried about being free rolled.

See if anyone else pops up with an argument that it should not be void that makes sense and if so, we can put it forward for you.

ThaWoj

The crazy thing is I checked roto for the weather forecasts bc of this exact scenario and it did not say anything about heavy rain or storms for any games.

This is a terrible bet I will never make again because you can only void or lose if there is a rain shortened game. If one of the teams before this one had 11 runs it would have been a loss. Once the game was decided it was postponed there was no chance for me to win.

ThaWoj

And when I say I checked the weather it was moreso for in case a game got postponed to a later date where all bets would void...I still thought that a game completed the next day would stand

Optional

The crazy thing is I checked roto for the weather forecasts bc of this exact scenario and it did not say anything about heavy rain or storms for any games.

This is a terrible bet I will never make again because you can only void or lose if there is a rain shortened game. If one of the teams before this one had 11 runs it would have been a loss. Once the game was decided it was postponed there was no chance for me to win.
    That is frustrating.

I am guessing the daily special rule might have something to do with how their system works. Probably need to clear/grade all wagers involved before the next days become valid. Just a wild guess but can't think of any other reason for the different rule.

ThaWoj

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    That is frustrating.

I am guessing the daily special rule might have something to do with how their system works. Probably need to clear/grade all wagers involved before the next days become valid. Just a wild guess but can't think of any other reason for the different rule.
    Thanks for the replies. Lesson learned for next time. Just glad I didnt do the any game to have 14 runs NO at +700 or I really woulda been mad.