1. #1
    thagame24
    thagame24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-23-07
    Posts: 214
    Betpoints: 4397

    BEWARE of BetMania/Skybook/BetPhoenix group! Blatant theft of winnings

    I placed a $100 future bet on the Texas Rangers to win the World Series +4500 at BetMania in November of 2022. This bet pended for 11 months. As we all know, the Rangers won the World Series and the bet was graded a winner and funds were credited. I then placed a request for a max withdrawal of $4000 via BTC on November 3rd. This is where the problems started. 10 days went by and the withdrawal request was still "in review". I called to see what was going on. They assured me it was being processed. Later that day, I check my account to see 3k had been manually wiped from my account. Here are the notes listed on the account as the "reason" for the deductions: "adjust odds to win to +3000 - incorrect line" for -1500 and "Sharp max bet on TNT(not sure what this is short for; assuming futures) is $50, sharp customer was able to bet $100, system glitch" for another -1500. These excuses are asinine and blatant theft. The line was not incorrect, +4500 was market price at that time. The "system glitch" for $100 limit is also total BS. Again, my limits had been $100 across the board for literally years (started at $500, then went to $250, then $100. everyone knows how this group is with ridiculous limits). I then received an email from a manager saying this was their final decision and that they would pay out the remainder of my account (2400ish) and then would permanently close the account. I received the remainder of my balance (minus the 3k) on 11/15.

    I called and spoke with a "manager" about this on 11/16 and got the runaround. He stated this was a decision that came from the owner. He also made an off the cuff remark, something along the lines of how they've paid me out "enough" over the years which I did not appreciate. He said he'd be discussing it with the owner and would get back to me. 5 days now have passed, haven't heard anything.

    I've been betting online for a long time, this is the most ridiculous blatant theft attempt by a book that I've encountered. STAY AWAY from this group! Once books start doing this type of crap it's usually the beginning of the end. I also have screenshots as proof of this but am having trouble getting it posted in the thread. If a mod could get in touch to assist with that, it would be helpful. It would also be appreciated if someone at SBR could help get this rectified.

  2. #2
    jedihyoju
    jedihyoju's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 04-24-20
    Posts: 468
    Betpoints: 3387

    Texas Rangers to win it all 2023 at +4500 on november seems about right odds in my opinion.

    Cause they almost lost 100 games in the previous season and Degrom signed on december 3rd.

    Im sure after Degrom signing the odds could have jumped from +4500 to +3000 but OP said he

    made the bet on november.

  3. #3
    Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date: 06-10-10
    Posts: 57,337
    Betpoints: 9438

    Quote Originally Posted by thagame24 View Post
    It would also be appreciated if someone at SBR could help get this rectified.
    SBR no longer mediate for non-USA/CA licensed books. But if you PM me with your account ID and Bet reference I can shoot off a message to our old contact who might look more at this for you.

  4. #4
    thagame24
    thagame24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-23-07
    Posts: 214
    Betpoints: 4397

    Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    SBR no longer mediate for non-USA/CA licensed books. But if you PM me with your account ID and Bet reference I can shoot off a message to our old contact who might look more at this for you.
    Thanks Optional this would be much appreciated. I'm not seeing a private message option on my account here, seems like it's disabled or not activated. Could you take a quick look at that or please send me a private message so I can reply with the info?

  5. #5
    Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date: 06-10-10
    Posts: 57,337
    Betpoints: 9438

    Quote Originally Posted by thagame24 View Post

    Thanks Optional this would be much appreciated. I'm not seeing a private message option on my account here, seems like it's disabled or not activated. Could you take a quick look at that or please send me a private message so I can reply with the info?
    Try now

  6. #6
    thagame24
    thagame24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-23-07
    Posts: 214
    Betpoints: 4397

    Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Try now
    Sent

  7. #7
    Ian
    Tank Man Lives
    Ian's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 11-09-09
    Posts: 5,682
    Betpoints: 34053

    If what you posted is accurate, this is awful.

    I was thinking of taking advantage of one of skybook's bonus offers, but after reading this I'm staying away. GL getting your full payout.

  8. #8
    kakad
    Update your status
    kakad's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-22-20
    Posts: 51
    Betpoints: 6834

    They pulled the same shit a couple years back on that one guy who bet an NFL draft prop for I think a Georgia player to go top 5 or maybe even 1st overall?. He made a post about it here but I'm too lazy to look for it.

  9. #9
    BAT21
    BAT21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 05-14-20
    Posts: 148
    Betpoints: 7032

    BetPhoenix is a crook book.

  10. #10
    thagame24
    thagame24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-23-07
    Posts: 214
    Betpoints: 4397

    Since posting I've had an ongoing back and forth with Max (marketing manager) and a BetMania GM. A lot of back and forth between Max by phone and the GM by email who is offering me lower amounts. At least they are engaging but this is beyond frustrating at this point. The bet should be honored and fully paid but that has not happened yet.

  11. #11
    Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date: 06-10-10
    Posts: 57,337
    Betpoints: 9438

    Quote Originally Posted by thagame24 View Post
    Since posting I've had an ongoing back and forth with Max (marketing manager) and a BetMania GM. A lot of back and forth between Max by phone and the GM by email who is offering me lower amounts. At least they are engaging but this is beyond frustrating at this point. The bet should be honored and fully paid but that has not happened yet.
    What reason are they offering for not wanting to pay the bet at +4500?

    What do they say the odds "should" have been?


    Seems like a lot of messing about with a long time customer over what sounds like a couple of thousand dollars.

  12. #12
    thagame24
    thagame24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-23-07
    Posts: 214
    Betpoints: 4397

    Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    What reason are they offering for not wanting to pay the bet at +4500?

    What do they say the odds "should" have been?


    Seems like a lot of messing about with a long time customer over what sounds like a couple of thousand dollars.
    They seem to have partially conceded the point on the +4500. What the "GM" keeps circling back to now is that my limit on this supposedly should have been $50. He says it's "industry standard" that the limit on props and futures should be no more than half the limit on games. Well that is completely made up, also in a situation like this where i was given a global microlimit of $100 its not unreasonable at all to book $100 in all markets. I was never told my limit was $50, the system always said limit was $100 and accepted bets at that amount. It's an excuse conjured up after the fact to short me. If the Rangers lose, the $100 bet is as a loss and it's no problem for them, of course. Just like all the other props and futures I lost with them.

  13. #13
    Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date: 06-10-10
    Posts: 57,337
    Betpoints: 9438

    Quote Originally Posted by thagame24 View Post

    They seem to have partially conceded the point on the +4500. What the "GM" keeps circling back to now is that my limit on this supposedly should have been $50. He says it's "industry standard" that the limit on props and futures should be no more than half the limit on games. Well that is completely made up, also in a situation like this where i was given a global microlimit of $100 its not unreasonable at all to book $100 in all markets. I was never told my limit was $50, the system always said limit was $100 and accepted bets at that amount. It's an excuse conjured up after the fact to short me. If the Rangers lose, the $100 bet is as a loss and it's no problem for them, of course. Just like all the other props and futures I lost with them.
    I don't think there is any "industry standard" for what limits should be. And I can say for sure that Mike from Betmania (who looked after complaint mediation with SBR) would laugh at me if I had tried to use that argument with him in support of a customer complaint case.


    But even if we accept what he says about standard limits, I don't think that is a reasonable argument after they had your money for 11 months whilst the bet was pending. And when we are only talking about whether a 50 or 100 limit was appropriate.

    Sometimes when a book makes an error they just need to wear that cost to be seen as fair and doing the right thing.

  14. #14
    thagame24
    thagame24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-23-07
    Posts: 214
    Betpoints: 4397

    Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    I don't think there is any "industry standard" for what limits should be. And I can say for sure that Mike from Betmania (who looked after complaint mediation with SBR) would laugh at me if I had tried to use that argument with him in support of a customer complaint case.

    But even if we accept what he says about standard limits, I don't think that is a reasonable argument after they had your money for 11 months whilst the bet was pending. And when we are only talking about whether a 50 or 100 limit was appropriate.

    Sometimes when a book makes an error they just need to wear that cost to be seen as fair and doing the right thing.
    Agreed. It's hard to believe the limit is a genuine error on their part but even if so, this bet needs to be honored. How would a bettor ever know what mysterious behind the scenes limit they're "supposed" to have? Their system tells me the limit, a limit of $100 which sure seems right because everything says $100, i put in that amount and it's accepted. Funny you say that that Mike from BetMania would laugh at you, because what I quoted you came from a "Mike" at BetMania. Could be a different Mike though
    Last edited by thagame24; 11-30-23 at 06:24 PM. Reason: spelling

  15. #15
    Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date: 06-10-10
    Posts: 57,337
    Betpoints: 9438

    Quote Originally Posted by thagame24 View Post

    Agreed. It's hard to believe the limit is a genuine error on their part but even if so, this bet needs to be honored. How would a bettor ever know what mysterious behind the scenes limit they're "supposed" to have? Their system tells me the limit, a limit of $100 which sure seems right because everything says $100, i put in that amount and it's accepted. Funny you say that that Mike from BetMania would laugh at you, because what I quoted you came from a "Mike" at BetMania. Could be a different Mike though
    Shoot him a link to this thread. If it is the same Mike he is a pretty reasonable sort of guy and he might like to see what I am thinking from your account.

  16. #16
    Rrwolverine
    Update your status
    Rrwolverine's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-19-23
    Posts: 43
    Betpoints: 120

    Anything ever come out of the thegame24?

  17. #17
    PharaohUB
    PharaohUB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-23-07
    Posts: 4,862
    Betpoints: 11326

    I gave skybook a shot because I had heard nothing but good things on this forum, but I wish I hadn't. I won a 'whoppin' 4k (basically nothing) and it took them 8 days to pay me, and I had to send documents/call them multiple times. Huge PITA. I shouldn't have to stress over a 4k payout. At one point I wondered if I was going to get paid. Not worth the headache. Play at betonline.

  18. #18
    sam b.
    sam b.'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-22-07
    Posts: 80
    Betpoints: 1517

    Quote Originally Posted by Rrwolverine View Post
    Anything ever come out of the thegame24?
    I'd like to know what happened too. I've been around here about as long as thegame and have my share of stories too. I feel your pain and frustration. I don't mess around offshore too much anymore.
    Great to see Optional jump in with an option for the player even though they do not mediate here anymore.

  19. #19
    thagame24
    thagame24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-23-07
    Posts: 214
    Betpoints: 4397

    UPDATE: After a lot of going in circles with the "marketing manager" and "GM" I got the impression that my only chance of seeing some money was to make a "deal." Obviously I was negotiating under duress - I still one million percent feel that I should've been paid the full winnings for the bet. However, at the end of last week I "agreed" to accept 2k - leaving me 1k short, in total - and they did pay me the 2k on 12/8. I'll be requesting that a moderator mark this as "partially resolved." BetMania also requested that I remove Skybook and BetPhoenix from the thread title...I will be requesting the mods do this as I think it's fair; I had no problems at phoenix back in the day, never played at Skybook, and I am not sure how closely they are all tied. If betmania does the right thing and pays the remaining 1k (not holding my breath) I will contact the mods to have it updated to fully resolved.

  20. #20
    Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date: 06-10-10
    Posts: 57,337
    Betpoints: 9438

    Quote Originally Posted by thagame24 View Post
    UPDATE: After a lot of going in circles with the "marketing manager" and "GM" I got the impression that my only chance of seeing some money was to make a "deal." Obviously I was negotiating under duress - I still one million percent feel that I should've been paid the full winnings for the bet. However, at the end of last week I "agreed" to accept 2k - leaving me 1k short, in total - and they did pay me the 2k on 12/8. I'll be requesting that a moderator mark this as "partially resolved." BetMania also requested that I remove Skybook and BetPhoenix from the thread title...I will be requesting the mods do this as I think it's fair; I had no problems at phoenix back in the day, never played at Skybook, and I am not sure how closely they are all tied. If betmania does the right thing and pays the remaining 1k (not holding my breath) I will contact the mods to have it updated to fully resolved.
    Not a chance.

    Any book that tries to coerce any SBR poster to change threads in return for being paid has been blacklisted in the past.

    Plus, if you are telling the truth they have simply stolen 1/3 of your money. For what reason?? And how was that calculated to be fair?

    Tell Mike if he wishes to have this thread marked as resolved or changed in any way, he can PM me and explain why he hasn't just scammed you!

    Or he can just pay you 100% of what is owed if you have not been lying to us about the circumstances... and then it can have a resolved tag.
    Last edited by Optional; 12-12-23 at 02:09 AM.

  21. #21
    2Sweeet
    2Sweeet's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 09-01-22
    Posts: 559
    Betpoints: 2000

    Lol these ppl Bet Phoenix Skybook and BetMania lol Wager Chief too have been scum for years. Is Tomas Alvarado still involved with BetManina? That bearded weirdo is a drug addict moron. Mike is nothing more than a liar pos and always has been. He knew how to play ppl on these forums. True scum and if they want me to go into real detail I will they still owe me 20k from years ago. This is the only book I ever been ripped off from and I been betting offshore since ESB and Wsex. Mike best hope I don't get bored and get the foothill gang on him. Sleep with one eye open scum bags. You are dumb to settle for what you did it just proves this book is broke as shit and never wants to pay winners. Mike what ever happened to Jessica? LOL u pos pussy pay the guy his money.
    Last edited by 2Sweeet; 12-12-23 at 02:42 AM.

  22. #22
    jedihyoju
    jedihyoju's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 04-24-20
    Posts: 468
    Betpoints: 3387

    Quote Originally Posted by 2Sweeet View Post
    Lol these ppl Bet Phoenix Skybook and BetMania lol Wager Chief too have been scum for years. Is Tomas Alvarado still involved with BetManina? That bearded weirdo is a drug addict moron. Mike is nothing more than a liar pos and always has been. He knew how to play ppl on these forums. True scum and if they want me to go into real detail I will they still owe me 20k from years ago. This is the only book I ever been ripped off from and I been betting offshore since ESB and Wsex. Mike best hope I don't get bored and get the foothill gang on him. Sleep with one eye open scum bags. You are dumb to settle for what you did it just proves this book is broke as shit and never wants to pay winners. Mike what ever happened to Jessica? LOL u pos pussy pay the guy his money.
    Dayum u know a lot about this Mike guy bro

    Once good buddies and got betrayed or something? lol

Top