1. #71
    yellowstorm21
    yellowstorm21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-22-19
    Posts: 51
    Betpoints: 484

    Let me share with you the latest update concerning my case
    I received this email from my bet agents BetInAsia after I have asked them to reinvestigate my case.

    The whole investigation has been reviewed by our related department, and their confirmation is still based on the previous conclusion that no funds were received and the bets were in line.

    We have pushed the departments, but the final outcome is based on the permanent confirmation that no further action can be done for this case.

    With great sadness, we inform you that we cannot change nor affect this decision.

    However, after 2 months of several requests they have never provided me the list with the IPs which logged in to my Orbit account on the 24th of September. Neither they have explained what they mean by saying that "bets were in line", especially when there is this huge odds disparity in how this bet is displayed, as you can see in the previous screenshots. How can they exclude that no fund passing happened? In my next post I will upload a conversation I had via live chat with one of BIA's agent, where you will see that they contradict themselves in almost everything they have told me so far.
    For the time being, it seems that I have run out of choices. BIA hardly answers to my requests, Orbit's license provider also never answered to my email and the ADR services which I have turned to for help (IBAS, eCOGRA, curacao egaming) stated that they do not provide services for Orbit customers and they cannot help because I am not a Betfair customer. The amount stolen from my account is quite big and I do not wish to give up on this case, because I feel that I didn't do anything wrong or acted carelessly. Which could be my next move do you think? At least does anyone believe that there is a way to force Orbit and BIA to reply to my requests about the IP list and the huge odd disparity?
    Thank you guys and sorry for my long post.

  2. #72
    Foosball Champ
    Foosball Champ's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-19-10
    Posts: 973
    Betpoints: 10438

    As far as know this a phenomena exclusive to BIA. It was in my case of employee embezzlement couple of years ago. BIA seemed to be aware the situation even before i contacted them.

  3. #73
    infotimbo
    infotimbo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-24-18
    Posts: 785
    Betpoints: 9842

    Quote Originally Posted by yellowstorm21 View Post
    The amount stolen from my account is quite big and I do not wish to give up on this case, because I feel that I didn't do anything wrong or acted carelessly. Which could be my next move do you think?
    you could try to contact a lawyer in Curacao (as that's where both BiA as well as Orbit are licensed). It's a difficult case, to be honest, so no idea what it would lead to, but maybe it's worth a shot.

    For example https://lms-advocaten.com/en/lms-cur...aming-lawyers/

    He was able to help me in the past when I was scammed by a bookie

  4. #74
    yellowstorm21
    yellowstorm21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-22-19
    Posts: 51
    Betpoints: 484

    Quote Originally Posted by Foosball Champ View Post
    As far as know this a phenomena exclusive to BIA. It was in my case of employee embezzlement couple of years ago. BIA seemed to be aware the situation even before i contacted them.
    thanks for your reply
    so, in your case BIA admitted that the scam was caused by one of their employees? in my case, they shift the blame on Orbit's side for not protecting their customer's accounts. you also had a fake bet put on your Orbit account?

  5. #75
    yellowstorm21
    yellowstorm21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-22-19
    Posts: 51
    Betpoints: 484

    Happy New Year to everyone
    Let me share again the latest update to my case. BetInAsia's final answer was the following:

    Unfortunately, our partners were not able to retrieve the IPs from 24.09.2022. The investigation has confirmed that your login credentials have been compromised, due to you accessing your account from a mirror page (link, that is not the official one of the product you have an account with, or the one BetInAsia has provided).

    We understand your position and this is an unwanted situation from our side as well, but the investigation is now closed and there is nothing we can do in order to change their decision. Due to the compromised access, our partners cannot do anything about the funds lo

    So , they shift the blame on my side, saying that no fund passing was found...Nonsense! In addition, if they really claim that I logged in to Orbit via a mirror page, why they haven't provided me with the IP list that I have been asking for more than 3 months?

    So after that, I made an access request under Article 15 of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) for a copy of all the data on my placed bets at Orbit. They send me a file with the IPs which logged in to my Orbit account on the 24th September (it is the date the scam bet was put) but they deliberately "forgot" to send me the IP addresses between 2pm and 3pm when this bet was put and settled!!! My next step will be a formal complaint under GPDR legislation, I will just have to find the right company to represent me.

    Finally , let me share with you the chat I had with one of BIA's agents a couple of months ago. He admitted that there was fund passing in my case and that he was also aware of some other similar cases to mine and blamed Orbit for not taking care of their customers. I have underlined in blue letters the key points in his words

    Trevor (BIA agent)Between us And I trust that you will not put me into a bad position. Your case has been pushed to management level
    And management is working on your case with Orbit Exchange
    (08:39:34)
    Trevor
    They are pressuring them for this matter
    (08:39:50)
    Trevor
    Please do not mention this in
    conversation
    (08:40:01)
    Me
    you have my word on that
    (08:40:09)
    Trevor
    I understand your position completely since it is not a small amount.
    there was a few more cases like this
    So our team is trying to resolve this with Orbit, since they are not willing to protect their account, which again are created trough BIA
    So they are putting us and our players in a very bad spotlight
    (08:48:17)
    Trevor
    And to be honest that is fund passing
    (08:48:29)
    Trevor
    That should be stopped by Orbit
    (08:48:41)
    Trevor
    But it is easier to pass the blame to everyone else
    ...................

    What do you think about that guys? When I forwarded this conversation to BIA's support group that was their answer:

    We truly apologize for any wrong or misleading information that has been provided in the previous communication with our team, there has been NO fund-passing activity detected under your betting history.
    I wonder how could I put some more pressure on them?
    Last edited by yellowstorm21; 01-02-23 at 01:17 PM.
    Points Awarded:

    infotimbo gave yellowstorm21 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.


  6. #76
    Alfie White
    Alfie White's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-02-17
    Posts: 669
    Betpoints: 11802

    If you are true to your heart, you can screw them hard with GDPR complaint, they are obliged to provide the IPs and all details of every second of your account activity, otherwise they can get wrecked with the GDPR law especially since they have Cyprus office.

    F those practices.

  7. #77
    infotimbo
    infotimbo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-24-18
    Posts: 785
    Betpoints: 9842

    Quote Originally Posted by yellowstorm21 View Post
    The investigation has confirmed that your login credentials have been compromised, due to you accessing your account from a mirror page (link, that is not the official one of the product you have an account with, or the one BetInAsia has provided).
    Did this quote include a link to the potential phishing site? And if so, do you think it's possible that you accidentally tried to use it?

    And just for clarification: who didn't release the full info list after your GDPR request? BiA or Orbit?

  8. #78
    yellowstorm21
    yellowstorm21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-22-19
    Posts: 51
    Betpoints: 484

    Quote Originally Posted by Alfie White View Post
    If you are true to your heart, you can screw them hard with GDPR complaint, they are obliged to provide the IPs and all details of every second of your account activity, otherwise they can get wrecked with the GDPR law especially since they have Cyprus office.

    F those practices.
    Alfie, believe me, they deliberately avoid to provide me with the IPs which were logged in to my account on the 24th of September, between 2:25 pm and 3:10 pm (time when this bet was put and settled). They are sending me the IPs of 24th September after 7 pm and of course you cannot see any other IPs on that list except mine...The GPDR legislation is my last chance, you were right from the beginning. the problem is that even they have Cyprus office, they are under Curacao licence and I don't know if any European GPDR service can deal with issue...

  9. #79
    yellowstorm21
    yellowstorm21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-22-19
    Posts: 51
    Betpoints: 484

    Quote Originally Posted by infotimbo View Post
    Did this quote include a link to the potential phishing site? And if so, do you think it's possible that you accidentally tried to use it?

    And just for clarification: who didn't release the full info list after your GDPR request? BiA or Orbit?
    Of course they didn't include any link of the potential phishing site. They made up that story to cover their shady actions, it is impossible that I used any other link except the one their provided my when I signed up.
    Orbit never answered to my GPDR request, BIA was the one who sent me this list where all the important information is missing.
    I am aware of at least other 2 similar scam case , with Orbit customers being stolen by fake bets put from their accounts on cricket games.

  10. #80
    infotimbo
    infotimbo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-24-18
    Posts: 785
    Betpoints: 9842

    Quote Originally Posted by yellowstorm21 View Post
    I am aware of at least other 2 similar scam case , with Orbit customers being stolen by fake bets put from their accounts on cricket games.
    I saw that three cases were mentioned on a German video, but those may be the same of course, depending on where he picked it up. If not, maybe you can ask him for more details:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hu2mI5L21U8

    He also says that the issue is likely caused by using orbitxch/orbitexch with the wrong credentials (which is why I was asking for the link provided) - but it doesn't really sound too likely to me.

  11. #81
    yellowstorm21
    yellowstorm21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-22-19
    Posts: 51
    Betpoints: 484

    Quote Originally Posted by infotimbo View Post
    I saw that three cases were mentioned on a German video, but those may be the same of course, depending on where he picked it up. If not, maybe you can ask him for more details:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hu2mI5L21U8

    He also says that the issue is likely caused by using orbitxch/orbitexch with the wrong credentials (which is why I was asking for the link provided) - but it doesn't really sound too likely to me.
    thanks for the link
    I do not speak German at all but I will try to find a way to have the guys' words translated.
    They are trying to cover their illegal activities by shifting the blame on customers, I am not a newbie in the betting industry my friend, I follow instructions carefully trying never to act carelessly. I have never had my credentials hacked anywhere...only at Orbit. So, if it is really my fault according to them, why they avoid to send me the IP address from where the scam bet was put through my account?

  12. #82
    raiton
    raiton's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-26-10
    Posts: 20
    Betpoints: 4510

    Yesterday i was "hacked" aswell. Overall i lost 6970€ on bets placed on 4 cricket games. (never placed a bet on a cricket game in my life)
    BIA answered basicaly the same they wrote you.
    I speak german and have already contacted the guy in the video. He says in the video, that he has 3 similar cases with BIA, where the same shit happend.

  13. #83
    Optional
    Optional's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 06-10-10
    Posts: 57,747
    Betpoints: 9201

    Quote Originally Posted by infotimbo View Post
    Did this quote include a link to the potential phishing site? And if so, do you think it's possible that you accidentally tried to use it?

    And just for clarification: who didn't release the full info list after your GDPR request? BiA or Orbit?
    Quote Originally Posted by yellowstorm21 View Post

    Of course they didn't include any link of the potential phishing site. They made up that story to cover their shady actions, it is impossible that I used any other link except the one their provided my when I signed up.
    Orbit never answered to my GPDR request, BIA was the one who sent me this list where all the important information is missing.
    I am aware of at least other 2 similar scam case , with Orbit customers being stolen by fake bets put from their accounts on cricket games.
    There have been reports of a multiple phishing sites posing at OrbitX for maybe 3 years now.

    I do not think it is a made up story that these exist.

  14. #84
    infotimbo
    infotimbo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-24-18
    Posts: 785
    Betpoints: 9842

    Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    There have been reports of a multiple phishing sites posing at OrbitX for maybe 3 years now.
    yeah, they do exist. If you google for Orbit Exchange for example, you get a link to orbıt (with Turkish ı instead of i) at the very top, which most definitely is a phishing site.

    But still, the number of cases is getting scary, and as far as I could see, all seem to have happened at BiA?!

  15. #85
    yellowstorm21
    yellowstorm21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-22-19
    Posts: 51
    Betpoints: 484

    Quote Originally Posted by raiton View Post
    Yesterday i was "hacked" aswell. Overall i lost 6970€ on bets placed on 4 cricket games. (never placed a bet on a cricket game in my life)
    BIA answered basicaly the same they wrote you.
    I speak german and have already contacted the guy in the video. He says in the video, that he has 3 similar cases with BIA, where the same shit happend.
    What other actions do you intend to take about that? The guys here at SBR forum have been very helpful and I really appreciate their willingness to help and give advice. Unfortunately all the ADR services I have turned to for help (IBAS, eCOGRA, thepogg) replied that they are not the approved ADR providers for Orbit.
    To resume, "Opti" insists that only Betfair can deal with our case properly. I agree, but Betfair also declares that they have no connection with Orbit customers.
    On the other hand, Alfie suggested a GPDR request as a first step and secondly a serious GPDR complaint which could be an ultimate way of putting some kind of pressure on them.
    I know two other guys who have been scammed the same way (BIA-Orbit- fake bets on cricket games) and I have asked them also to post under this thread their screenshots.

  16. #86
    yellowstorm21
    yellowstorm21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-22-19
    Posts: 51
    Betpoints: 484

    Quote Originally Posted by raiton View Post
    Yesterday i was "hacked" aswell. Overall i lost 6970€ on bets placed on 4 cricket games. (never placed a bet on a cricket game in my life)
    BIA answered basicaly the same they wrote you.
    I speak german and have already contacted the guy in the video. He says in the video, that he has 3 similar cases with BIA, where the same shit happend.
    can you post some screenshots of the scam bets ?

  17. #87
    ahlem05
    ahlem05's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-21-23
    Posts: 1
    Betpoints: 48

    I have been "hacked" in Orbit too, beginning of December. 5600 Euro. I am one of the guys he is speaking about in the German youtube video. I am from Austria. Registe
    red via brokerstorm. Just text me, there seem to be a lot of cases. OrbitX is not helping at all to get the money back. I also never entered a password at a phising website. I have been customer for about 10 years there, never had this problem. So let's get together and do something about it together.

    Please all who were scammed contact me via PM. I cannot because I don't have 40 postinngs

  18. #88
    yellowstorm21
    yellowstorm21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-22-19
    Posts: 51
    Betpoints: 484

    Quote Originally Posted by ahlem05 View Post
    I have been "hacked" in Orbit too, beginning of December. 5600 Euro. I am one of the guys he is speaking about in the German youtube video. I am from Austria. Registe
    red via brokerstorm. Just text me, there seem to be a lot of cases. OrbitX is not helping at all to get the money back. I also never entered a password at a phising website. I have been customer for about 10 years there, never had this problem. So let's get together and do something about it together.

    Please all who were scammed contact me via PM. I cannot because I don't have 40 postinngs
    hello my friend
    I have sent you a PM.

  19. #89
    raiton
    raiton's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-26-10
    Posts: 20
    Betpoints: 4510

    Response of BIA has been abysmal so far. Please contact me via PM so we can work together on a solution of this.

  20. #90
    yellowstorm21
    yellowstorm21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-22-19
    Posts: 51
    Betpoints: 484

    Quote Originally Posted by raiton View Post
    Response of BIA has been abysmal so far. Please contact me via PM so we can work together on a solution of this.
    hi
    I have sent you a PM.

  21. #91
    Dani83
    Dani83's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-05-23
    Posts: 5
    Betpoints: 42

    Orbitx-Account

    Hello,The same crap happened to me recently at BET-IBC. Some cricket bets were placed in my absence. Of course they say the blame lies with me......phishing sites or password sharing. What are the possibilities? I would be happy to receive some information.



    Quote Originally Posted by ahlem05 View Post
    I have been "hacked" in Orbit too, beginning of December. 5600 Euro. I am one of the guys he is speaking about in the German youtube video. I am from Austria. Registe
    red via brokerstorm. Just text me, there seem to be a lot of cases. OrbitX is not helping at all to get the money back. I also never entered a password at a phising website. I have been customer for about 10 years there, never had this problem. So let's get together and do something about it together.

    Please all who were scammed contact me via PM. I cannot because I don't have 40 postinngs

  22. #92
    Optional
    Optional's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 06-10-10
    Posts: 57,747
    Betpoints: 9201

    Quote Originally Posted by Dani83 View Post
    Hello,The same crap happened to me recently at BET-IBC. Some cricket bets were placed in my absence. Of course they say the blame lies with me......phishing sites or password sharing. What are the possibilities? I would be happy to receive some information.


    Unfortunately, you are one of dozens OrbitX are involved in stealing from.

    They wont help anyone.

    My advice is always report Orbit to Betfair as a rouge partner and ask if they will help you.

    Enough complaints might see Belfair punishing them and compensating victims.

  23. #93
    Optional
    Optional's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 06-10-10
    Posts: 57,747
    Betpoints: 9201

    Warning - OrbitX - Betinasia - Bet-IBC SCAM ALERT

    OrbitX victims please see this thread -> Warning - OrbitX - Betinasia - Bet-IBC SCAM ALERT
    Points Awarded:

    arie1985 gave Optional 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: arie1985, and Dani83

  24. #94
    Dani83
    Dani83's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-05-23
    Posts: 5
    Betpoints: 42

    I can try, but I doubt it will help. Then something is wrong with Orbitx? Several agents are affected such as Betinasia, Asiaconnect etc.




    Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Unfortunately, you are one of dozens OrbitX are involved in stealing from.

    They wont help anyone.

    My advice is always report Orbit to Betfair as a rouge partner and ask if they will help you.

    Enough complaints might see Belfair punishing them and compensating victims.

  25. #95
    kursonik
    kursonik's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 04-07-20
    Posts: 63
    Betpoints: 5908

    Quote Originally Posted by Dani83 View Post
    Hello,The same crap happened to me recently at BET-IBC. Some cricket bets were placed in my absence. Of course they say the blame lies with me......phishing sites or password sharing. What are the possibilities? I would be happy to receive some information.
    Do you use Two-Factor Authentication when logging in to Orbitxch?

  26. #96
    infotimbo
    infotimbo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-24-18
    Posts: 785
    Betpoints: 9842

    Quote Originally Posted by kursonik View Post
    Do you use Two-Factor Authentication when logging in to Orbitxch?
    would be interesting to know indeed, and also what exactly "recently" means. Personally I hadn't seen complaints anymore since 2FA was introduced

    edit: just saw on another forum that this happened at the end of October, so very recently, and also found a French tweet reporting the same from 2 weeks ago.
    Last edited by infotimbo; 11-10-23 at 08:35 AM.

  27. #97
    Dani83
    Dani83's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-05-23
    Posts: 5
    Betpoints: 42

    The 2 factor authentication was not available. The incident happened on October 30th.
    They gave me the IP address, but unfortunately that doesn't help much. BET-IBC also wanted my entire browser history. Of course they couldn't find anything


    Quote Originally Posted by kursonik View Post
    Do you use Two-Factor Authentication when logging in to Orbitxch?

  28. #98
    infotimbo
    infotimbo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-24-18
    Posts: 785
    Betpoints: 9842

    Quote Originally Posted by Dani83 View Post
    The 2 factor authentication was not available. The incident happened on October 30th.
    Not at all? That's certainly odd.

    Personally I noticed some issues with browser compatibility (on Firefox it needs a hard refresh before login), but no general off time so far.

  29. #99
    kursonik
    kursonik's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 04-07-20
    Posts: 63
    Betpoints: 5908

    Quote Originally Posted by Dani83 View Post
    The 2 factor authentication was not available. The incident happened on October 30th.
    They gave me the IP address, but unfortunately that doesn't help much. BET-IBC also wanted my entire browser history. Of course they couldn't find anything
    Two-Factor Authentication has been available on Orbitxch for at least several months, regardless of the broker.

    I don't even remember if I had any other option than choosing this type of login.
    That's why I'm very surprised that you don't have this option.

    I wonder if any cases of fraud on Orbitxch accounts have occurred on accounts with Two-Factor Authentication login. If so, it's very likely someone from Orbitxch is involved too.

  30. #100
    Optional
    Optional's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 06-10-10
    Posts: 57,747
    Betpoints: 9201

    Quote Originally Posted by infotimbo View Post
    would be interesting to know indeed, and also what exactly "recently" means. Personally I hadn't seen complaints anymore since 2FA was introduced

    edit: just saw on another forum that this happened at the end of October, so very recently, and also found a French tweet reporting the same from 2 weeks ago.
    Complaints have not stopped.

    Once again 2FA is simply being used to shift blame on to customers. And showing how it does not even protect people. Just need an insider to steal and use the "you had 2FA enabled so its impossible for anyone to hack in unless its your own fault now" excuse, and your EFFED!


    2FA is a total scam. Don't use companies who force you to use that crap. Being forced = being used as an excuse for their own security problems.
    Last edited by Optional; 11-10-23 at 05:22 PM.

  31. #101
    Optional
    Optional's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 06-10-10
    Posts: 57,747
    Betpoints: 9201

    Quote Originally Posted by kursonik View Post
    I wonder if any cases of fraud on Orbitxch accounts have occurred on accounts with Two-Factor Authentication login
    Yes, they say to users that they know it's their own fault fake bets were placed, as they had 2FA enabled.


    2FA is used to scam you and avoid responsibility by bad companies.

  32. #102
    infotimbo
    infotimbo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-24-18
    Posts: 785
    Betpoints: 9842

    Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Yes, they say to users that they know it's their own fault fake bets were placed, as they had 2FA enabled.
    where exactly have you read that? Please post more details about that case, if available.

  33. #103
    Optional
    Optional's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 06-10-10
    Posts: 57,747
    Betpoints: 9201

    I've been told that first hand from victims.

  34. #104
    infotimbo
    infotimbo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-24-18
    Posts: 785
    Betpoints: 9842

    Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    I've been told that first hand from victims.
    it's the first this comes up, so would be good if those people could post a bit more about it.

    If this is indeed the case, it basically would mean that the theft is happening at Orbit Exchange directly. The agents may have the logins, but normally wouldn't be able to access the accounts with 2FA activated.

    Nonetheless, they are still to blame for the lack of cooperation, of course. Same as Betfair, who could figure out who the money is passed to within 2 minutes - if they wanted to.

  35. #105
    infotimbo
    infotimbo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-24-18
    Posts: 785
    Betpoints: 9842

    In general, I don't agree that 2FA is useless, by the way. Getting hold of user data is fairly easy: fake login pages (in Orbit's case they even buy the top search results on Google), inside jobs, leaks from other sites, etc. Most people use the same credentials at all bookies anyway.

    In a perfect world, sites would automatically block access, but as this is not the case, 2FA can at least somewhat protect you against all of this. Hacking the phone is a different level.

    So to get around 2FA, I'd think it either needs a really badly designed website, or its operator to be involved in the fraud.

First 123
Top