1. #1

  2. #2
    getaloadoffatso
    getaloadoffatso's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-14-23
    Posts: 425
    Betpoints: 1712

  3. #3
    slewfan
    slewfan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-01-15
    Posts: 14,405
    Betpoints: 10327

    Quote Originally Posted by getaloadoffatso View Post
    They should be banned
    This breed must be some kind of symbol of freedom or masculinity. Makes no sense people owning them unless they are ignorant or simply want to see someone maimed or killed.

    I cannot imagine one grabbing an ankle or wrist with their strength. Let alone being attacked by a few of these beasts..

  4. #4
    TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 11-27-12
    Posts: 3,602
    Betpoints: 3585

    Just like any animal it all depends on how they are raised.

  5. #5
    stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date: 01-17-11
    Posts: 62,659
    Betpoints: 32267

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGoldenGoose View Post
    Just like any animal it all depends on how they are raised.
    This.
    There are no bad dog breeds, just bad dog owners.

    I know several pit bull owners, all of their pits were raised correctly, not one incident of aggressiveness.

  6. #6
    edawg
    edawg's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-09-11
    Posts: 2,818
    Betpoints: 5030

    It is the ignorance of people with animals.

  7. #7
    Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date: 06-10-10
    Posts: 57,784
    Betpoints: 9183

    Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post

    This.
    There are no bad dog breeds, just bad dog owners.

    I know several pit bull owners, all of their pits were raised correctly, not one incident of aggressiveness.
    I think there is a line where some breeds combine killing power and natural aggression to a level where they present an obvious danger, whether the owners are wonderful or not.

    American Pit Bulls definitely fall into that category in my mind.

    Dobermans by comparison can be trusted around children whilst still being an aggressive guard dog when needed.

  8. #8
    JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-10-09
    Posts: 83,069
    Betpoints: 11839

    Pits can naturally be aggressive around children and cats. Strangers as well. Bad breed.

    Sweet to their adult owners though but I don't recommend them as a family dog. They could have a bad day and snap around strangers as you never know.

    Pit bite story - I was walking down the street and an owner was walking his big male Pit. It latched on to my leg for no reason instantly. I was like what the hell is wrong with your dog!

    Dog owner was trying his best to get the Pit off my leg. I was getting pissed off and started hitting it in the head as hard as could. It finally let go.

    I told him don't walk that dog in public you dumb ass! I walked away. Had to go home and nurse my bloody leg. No real damage though. Just a few flesh wounds that healed up.
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 11-25-23 at 10:34 AM.

  9. #9
    JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-10-09
    Posts: 83,069
    Betpoints: 11839

    German Shepherds can get snippy as well. I've known a few to be aggressive. Look and Joe Biden's Shepherd, it's a terror. Bite the shit out of you.

    Another Shepherd story -

    My best friend had an older Shepherd that was agro and it would just snap at you for no reason. I got bit and wanted payback. I was like 17 years old at the time.

    There was a lemon tree in the back yard and I picked about 2 dozen hard lemons and just started firing fast balls at the Shepherd as payback. I have good throwing arm! My buddy went to store to get munchies and that's when I went into action. Next day the Sheppard died. I felt a little bad. I was nailing it with hard throws. Didn't think I'd kill it though. Never told my buddy about that to this day.

  10. #10
    pablo222
    pablo222's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-03-19
    Posts: 8,813
    Betpoints: 25522

    Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post



    Pit bite story - I was walking down the street and an owner was walking his big male Pit. It latched on to my leg for no reason instantly. I was like what the hell is wrong with your dog!

    Dog owner was trying his best to get the Pit off my leg. I was getting pissed off and started hitting it in the head as hard as could. It finally let go.

    I told him don't walk that dog in public you dumb ass! I walked away. Had to go home and nurse my bloody leg. No real damage though. Just a few flesh wounds that healed up.
    That definitely happened

  11. #11
    getaloadoffatso
    getaloadoffatso's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-14-23
    Posts: 425
    Betpoints: 1712

    Quote Originally Posted by pablo222 View Post
    That definitely happened
    I was across the street and saw it happen
    Only it was a miniature poodle that Jibby fought off

  12. #12
    mjsuax13
    mjsuax13's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date: 03-14-15
    Posts: 21,959
    Betpoints: 849

    Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    German Shepherds can get snippy as well. I've known a few to be aggressive. Look and Joe Biden's Shepherd, it's a terror. Bite the shit out of you.

    Another Shepherd story -

    My best friend had an older Shepherd that was agro and it would just snap at you for no reason. I got bit and wanted payback. I was like 17 years old at the time.

    There was a lemon tree in the back yard and I picked about 2 dozen hard lemons and just started firing fast balls at the Shepherd as payback. I have good throwing arm! My buddy went to store to get munchies and that's when I went into action. Next day the Sheppard died. I felt a little bad. I was nailing it with hard throws. Didn't think I'd kill it though. Never told my buddy about that to this day.
    Joe Biden’s shepherd he says. LOL.

  13. #13
    mjsuax13
    mjsuax13's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date: 03-14-15
    Posts: 21,959
    Betpoints: 849

    Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    German Shepherds can get snippy as well. I've known a few to be aggressive. Look and Joe Biden's Shepherd, it's a terror. Bite the shit out of you.

    Another Shepherd story -

    My best friend had an older Shepherd that was agro and it would just snap at you for no reason. I got bit and wanted payback. I was like 17 years old at the time.

    There was a lemon tree in the back yard and I picked about 2 dozen hard lemons and just started firing fast balls at the Shepherd as payback. I have good throwing arm! My buddy went to store to get munchies and that's when I went into action. Next day the Sheppard died. I felt a little bad. I was nailing it with hard throws. Didn't think I'd kill it though. Never told my buddy about that to this day.
    I read this again… I wouldn’t tell that story any longer. You may end up the #metoo version of the human society pal.

  14. #14
    edawg
    edawg's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-09-11
    Posts: 2,818
    Betpoints: 5030

    Shepards are a great dog. It is greedy people over breeding them is why you have "bad" ones out there. The thing about Pitbulls is that they are really sort of a bully terrier mixed dog with some horrible breed practices and abuses. A dog will be true to its breed 99% of the time if you give it love and discipline. You should never leave small children unsupervised with any dog even if it is a golden retriever.
    Points Awarded:

    Da Manster! gave edawg 3 Betpoint(s) for this post.


Top