toddsclowns
    toddsclowns's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 37390

My Morning Offering

O Jesus, through the Immaculate Heart of Mary, I offer you my prayers, works, joys, and sufferings of this day for all the intentions of your Sacred Heart, in union with the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass throughout the world, for the salvation of souls, the reparation of sins, the reunion of all Christians, and in particular for the intentions of the Holy Father this month. Amen.
    Quote of the Day
    "Let nothing disturb you, let nothing frighten you. All things pass. God does not change. Patience achieves everything. Whoever has God lacks nothing; God alone suffices."
    –St. Teresa of Avila

Today's Meditation

“Perhaps we do not know what love is, nor does this greatly surprise me. Love does not consist in great sweetness of devotion, but in a fervent determination to strive to please God in all things, in avoiding, as far as possible, all that would offend Him, and in praying for the increase of the glory and honor of His Son and for the growth of the Catholic Church.”
    —St. Teresa of Avila, p. 54-55

toddsclowns

My Morning Offering

O Jesus, through the Immaculate Heart of Mary, I offer you my prayers, works, joys, and sufferings of this day for all the intentions of your Sacred Heart, in union with the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass throughout the world, for the salvation of souls, the reparation of sins, the reunion of all Christians, and in particular for the intentions of the Holy Father this month. Amen.
    Quote of the Day
    "The sacred heart of Christ is an inexhaustible fountain, and its sole desire is to pour itself out into the hearts of the humble so as to free them and prepare them to lead lives according to his good pleasure."
    –St. Margaret Mary

Today's Meditation

“If meekness is not exactly the worldly ideal, neither is it universally correlated with strength. Contrariwise, is not the first connotation of meekness in many minds that of supineness, spiritlessness, weakness? It is strange that this should be so, when Jesus set forth meekness as the expression of His own divine-human heart. It is interesting that Christ asked us to master only one lesson plan in life: “Learn of me, because I am meek, and humble of heart” (Matt. 11:29). It is certainly not without significance that He never specifically asked us to learn anything else.”
    —Mother Francis, PCC, p.26

toddsclowns

My Morning Offering

Quote of the Day
    "It is not that I want merely to be called a Christian, but to actually be one. Yes, if I prove to be one, then I can have the name."
    –St. Ignatius of Antioch

Today's Meditation

“The Church, which has spread everywhere, even to the ends of the earth, received the faith from the apostles and their disciples … Having one soul and one heart, the Church holds this faith, preaches and teaches it consistently as though by a single voice. For though there are different languages, there is but one tradition. … Just as God’s creature, the sun, is one and the same the world over, so also does the Church’s preaching shine everywhere to enlighten all men who want to come to a knowledge of the truth. Now of those who speak with authority in the churches, no preacher however forceful will utter anything different—for no one is above the Master—nor will a less forceful preacher diminish what has been handed down. Since our faith is everywhere the same, no one who can say more augments it, nor can anyone who says less diminish it.”
    —St. Ignatius of Antioch, p. 194

toddsclowns

My Morning Offering

Quote of the Day
    "Faith and love are like the blind man’s guides. They will lead you along a path unknown to you, to the place where God is hidden."
    –St. John of the Cross

Today's Meditation

“Exterior silence is an ascetic exercise of self-mastery in the use of speech. First of all, it may be helpful to recall what asceticism is. This word is not praised to the skies by our consumer society–far from it!…Asceticism is a means that helps us to remove from our life anything that weighs it down, in other words, whatever hampers our spiritual life and, therefore, is an obstacle to prayer. Yes, it is indeed in prayer that God communicates his Life to us and manifests his presence in our soul…And prayer is essentially silence.”
    –Robert Cardinal Sarah, p.141

toddsclowns

My Morning Offering

Quote of the Day
    "Build an oratory within yourself, and there have Jesus on the altar of your heart. Speak to Him often while you are doing your work. Speak to Him of His holy love, of His holy sufferings and of the sorrows of most holy Mary."
    –St Paul of the Cross

Today's Meditation

“Our freedom always has this marvelous power to make what is taken from us—by life, events, or other people—into something offered. Externally there is no visible difference, but internally everything is transfigured: fate into free choice, constraint into love, loss into fruitfulness. Human freedom is of absolutely unheard-of greatness. It does not confer the power to change everything, but it does empower us to give a meaning to everything, even meaningless things; and that is much better. We are not always masters of the unfolding of our lives, but we can always be masters of the meaning we give them. Our freedom can transform any event in our lives into an expression of love, abandonment, trust, hope, and offering.”
    —Fr. Jacques Philippe, p. 58

toddsclowns

My Morning Offering

Quote of the Day
    "Only in Christ can men and women find answers to the ultimate questions that trouble them. Only in Christ can they fully understand their dignity as persons created and loved by God."
    –Pope St. John Paul II

Today's Meditation

“And so, in the redemptive economy of grace, brought about through the action of the Holy Spirit, there is a unique correspondence between the moment of the Incarnation of the Word and the moment of the birth of the Church. The person who links these two moments is Mary: Mary at Nazareth and Mary in the Upper Room at Jerusalem. In both cases her discreet yet essential presence indicates the path of ‘birth from the Holy Spirit’. Thus she who is present in the mystery of Christ as Mother becomes—by the will of the Son and the power of the Holy Spirit—present in the mystery of the Church. In the Church too she continues to be a maternal presence, as is shown by the words spoken from the Cross: ‘Woman, behold your son!’; ‘Behold your mother.'”
    —Pope St. John Paul II, p. 94

toddsclowns

My Morning Offering

Quote of the Day
    "The Holy Bible is like a mirror before our mind's eye. In it we see our inner face. From the Scriptures we can learn our spiritual deformities and beauties. And there too we discover the progress we are making and how far we are from perfection."
    –Pope St Gregory the Great

Today's Meditation

“He does not come down from Heaven each day to stay in the gold ciborium. He comes down to find another Heaven He cherishes infinitely more than the first, the Heaven of our souls, made in His image, living temples of the Most Blessed Trinity!”
    —St. Therese of Lisieux, p. 31

toddsclowns

My Morning Offering

Quote of the Day
    "When you have free moments, go faithfully to prayer. The good God is waiting for you there."
    –St. Julie Billiart

Today's Meditation

“Prayer is the duty of every moment. We ought always to pray, said our Lord. And what He said, He did; therein lay His great power. Action accompanied His words and corresponded with them. We must pray always in order to be on our guard. Our life, both of body and soul, our natural and supernatural life, is like a fragile flower. ”
    —Dom Augustin Guillerand, p. 9

toddsclowns

My Morning Offering

Quote of the Day
    "The Holy Bible is like a mirror before our mind's eye. In it we see our inner face. From the Scriptures we can learn our spiritual deformities and beauties. And there too we discover the progress we are making and how far we are from perfection."
    –Pope St Gregory the Great

Today's Meditation

“He does not come down from Heaven each day to stay in the gold ciborium. He comes down to find another Heaven He cherishes infinitely more than the first, the Heaven of our souls, made in His image, living temples of the Most Blessed Trinity!”
    —St. Therese of Lisieux, p. 31

toddsclowns

My Morning Offering

Quote of the Day
    "Don't spend your energies on things that generate worry, anxiety and anguish. Only one thing is necessary: Lift up your spirit, and love God."
    –Saint Padre Pio of Pietrelcina

Today's Meditation

“I think the main reason we keep returning [to Confession] with the same list [of sins] is that we don’t understand what Christ wants to do in the confessional. We go simply wanting our sins forgiven, not realizing that He wants to do much more. He wants to heal us of the attitudes, disordered desires, problems, and wounds that are causing us to keep committing those sins…Since the purpose of every sacrament is to give grace, and the purpose of grace is to heal and sanctify, then the ultimate goal of each sacrament is to heal us and make us holy so that we can become like God.”
    – Vinny Flynn p.26-27

toddsclowns

My Morning Offering

Quote of the Day
    "Christ Himself is our mouth through which we speak to the Father, our eye through which we see the Father, our right hand through which we offer to the Father. Without His intercession neither we nor all the saints have anything with God."
    –St. Ambrose

Today's Meditation

“Let the sinner know that he will be tortured throughout all eternity, in those senses which he made use of to sin. I am writing this at the command of God, so that no soul may find an excuse by saying there is no hell, or that nobody has ever been there, and so no one can say what it is like. I, Sister Faustina, by the order of God, have visited the abysses of hell so that I might tell souls about it and testify to its existence.”
    —St. Faustina Kowalska (741)

toddsclowns

My Morning Offering

Quote of the Day
    "Never say, 'What great things the saints do,' but, 'What great things God does in His saints.'"
    –St. Philip Neri

Today's Meditation

“The beatitude of the saints is immutable, like that of the Son of God. . . Add ages to ages; multiply them equal to the sand of the ocean or the stars of heaven; exhaust all numbers, if you can, beyond what the human intelligence can conceive, and for the elect there will be still the same eternity of happiness. They are immutable, and this immutability excludes weariness and disgust. The life of an elect soul is one succession, without end, of desires ever arising and ever satisfied, but desires without trouble, satiety or lassitude. The elect will always see God, love God, possess God and always will wish to see Him, love Him and possess Him still more. This beatitude is the end destined for all; God has given us time only in order to merit it, being and life only to possess it. Reflect seriously on this great truth, and ask yourself these three questions at the foot of the crucifix: What have I done hitherto for heaven? What ought I to do for heaven? What shall I do henceforward for heaven?”
    —St. Ignatius of Loyola, p. 179

toddsclowns

My Morning Offering

Quote of the Day
    "Persevere in labors that lead to salvation. Always be busy in spiritual actions. In this way, no matter how often the enemy of our souls approaches, no matter how many times he may try to come near us, he'll find our hearts closed and armed against him."
    –St Cyprian

Today's Meditation

“Many are heading straight on for purgatory. They live until their last hour, even though they are seriously ill, even on their deathbed, as if everything is all right. Exclusively directed to the earthly, they don’t think at all about calling upon the mercy of God. Although by doing so they would be spared at least a severe purgatory. For God is infinitely merciful for all who call upon Him and trust Him.”
    —Hungry Souls, p. 120

toddsclowns

My Morning Offering

Quote of the Day
    "O my God, teach me to be generous, to serve you as you deserve to be served, to give without counting the cost, to fight without fear of being wounded, to work without seeking rest, and to spend myself without expecting any reward, but the knowledge that I am doing your holy will. Amen."
    –St. Ignatius of Loyola

Today's Meditation

“Our Lord, by descending into hell, planted (if I may thus express myself), in the spiritual garden of the Church, a mysterious tree, the fruits of which—namely, His merits—are destined for the constant relief of the Poor Souls in Purgatory. The Church Militant must cultivate the tree, and gather its fruits, in order to present them to that suffering portion of the Church which can do nothing for itself. Thus it is with all the merits of Christ; we must labor with Him if we wish to obtain our share of them; we must gain our bread by the sweat of our brow. Everything which Our Lord has done for us in time must produce fruit for eternity; but we must gather these fruits in time, without which we cannot possess them in eternity. The Church is the most prudent and thoughtful of mothers; the ecclesiastical year is an immense and magnificent garden, in which all those fruits for eternity are gathered together, that we may make use of them in time. Each year contains sufficient to supply the wants of all; but woe be to that careless or dishonest gardener who allows any of the fruit committed to his care to perish; if he fails to turn to a proper account those grace which would restore health to the sick, strength to the weak, or furnish food to the hungry! When the Day of Judgment arrives, the Master of the garden will demand a strict account, not only of every tree, but also of all the fruit produced in the garden.”
    —Bl. Anne Catherine Emmerich, p. 351-352

toddsclowns

My Morning Offering

Quote of the Day
    "Behold Jesus Christ crucified, Who is the only foundation of our hope; He is our Mediator and Advocate; the victim and sacrifice for our sins. He is goodness and patience itself; His mercy is moved by the tears of sinners, and He never refuses pardon and grace to those who ask it with a truly contrite and humbled heart."
    –St. Charles Borromeo

Today's Meditation

“Although we feel the humiliation keenly when we are insulted, persecuted, or calumniated, this does not mean that we cannot suffer such trials with sentiments of true humility, subjecting nature to reason and faith, and sacrificing the resentment of our self-love to the love of God. We are not made of stone, so that we need be insensible or senseless in order to be humble. Of some martyrs we read that they writhed under their torments; of others, that they more or less rejoiced in them, according to the greater or lesser degree of unction they received from the Holy Ghost; and all were rewarded by the crown of glory, as it is not the pain or the feeling that makes the martyr, but the supernatural motive of virtue. In the same way some humble persons feel pleasure in being humiliated, and some feel sadness, especially when weighted down with calumny; and yet they all belong to the sphere of the humble, because it is not the humiliation nor the suffering alone which makes the soul humble, but the interior act by which this same humiliation is accepted and received through motives of Christian humility, and especially of a desire to resemble Jesus Christ, who though entitled to all the honors the world could offer Him, bore humiliation and scorn for the glory of His eternal Father.”
    —Fr. Cajetan da Bergamo, p. 19-20

toddsclowns

My Morning Offering

Quote of the Day
    "Often, actually very often, God allows his greatest servants, those who are far advanced in grace, to make the most humiliating mistakes. This humbles them in their own eyes and in the eyes of their fellow men."
    –St. Louis de Montfort

Today's Meditation

“Know, dearest daughter, how, by humble, continual, and faithful prayer, the soul acquires, with time and perseverance, every virtue. Wherefore should she persevere and never abandon prayer… The soul should advance by degrees, and I know well that, just as the soul is at first imperfect and afterwards perfect, so also is it with her prayer. She should nevertheless continue in vocal prayer, while she is yet imperfect, so as not to fall into idleness. But she should not say her vocal prayers without joining them to mental prayer, that is to say, that while she is reciting, she should endeavor to elevate her mind in My love, with the consideration of her own defects and of the Blood of My only-begotten Son, wherein she finds the breadth of My charity and the remission of her sins.”
    —St. Catherine Of Siena, p. 92

toddsclowns

My Morning Offering

Quote of the Day
    "Guard against anger. But if it cannot be averted, let it be kept within bounds. For indignation is a terrible incentive to sin. It disorders the mind to such an extent as to leave no room for reason."
    –St. Ambrose

Today's Meditation

“How might the sacrament of Reconciliation help us grow in the gift of knowledge? First of all, through a thorough and heartfelt confession, the mortal sins that shut off the channels of graces, including the gifts [of the Holy Spirit] are reopened. Secondly, the gift of knowledge may very well help us to make a good confession if it has prompted us to learn throughly the tenets of our Faith, including the thoughts and deeds that are right and wrong in the eyes of God. The gift of knowledge can also enable us to reflect on the world’s effects on us—and our effects on others—that might lead to sin.”
    —Kevin Vost, PSY.D. p.78

toddsclowns

My Morning Offering

Quote of the Day
    "Arm yourself with prayer rather than a sword; wear humility rather than fine clothes."
    –St. Dominic

Today's Meditation

“I desire that you know more profoundly the love that burns in My Heart for souls, and you will understand this when you meditate upon My Passion. Call upon My mercy on behalf of sinners; I desire their salvation. When you say this prayer, with a contrite heart and with faith on behalf of some sinner, I will give him the grace of conversion. This is the prayer: ‘O Blood and Water, which gushed forth from the Heart of Jesus as a fount of Mercy for us, I trust in You.’ ”
    —Jesus to St. Faustina Kowalska, 186-187

toddsclowns

My Morning Offering

Quote of the Day
    "When we contemplate the sufferings of Jesus He grants us, according to the measure of our faith, the grace to practice the virtues He revealed during those sacred hours."
    –Blessed Columba Marmion

Today's Meditation

“When we have too many vocal prayers to say, our goal easily changes to getting them done instead of praying them well. They become less, rather than more, contemplative. The Holy Spirt might be moving us to linger silently on the meditation of a mystery, but we feel that we can’t stop or we will never fit all our prayers in. So we find ourselves working against the Holy Spirit…We forget that the very purpose of prayer is communing with the Lord.”
    —Dan Burke and Connie Rossini, p.28

toddsclowns

My Morning Offering

Quote of the Day
    "If you become Christ's you will stumble upon wonder upon wonder, and every one of them true."
    –St. Brendan

Today's Meditation

“Thus, brethren, God has loved you from eternity, and through pure love, he has selected you from among so many men whom he could have created in place of you; but he has left them in their nothingness, and has brought you into existence, and placed you in the world. For the love of you, he has made so many other beautiful creatures, that they might serve you, and that they might remind you of the love which he has borne to you, and of the gratitude which you owe to him.”
    —St. Alphonsus Liguori, p. 218

toddsclowns

My Morning Offering

Quote of the Day
    "No one, however weak, is denied a share in the victory of the cross. No one is beyond the help of the prayer of Christ."
    –St. Leo the Great

Today's Meditation

“Voluntary poverty restores to man the nobility of his condition, liberating him from vile servitude and reinstating him his noble freedom and mastery of all things. The soul is never more a mistress than when she despises them, and only then has she the more firm possession and makes the more excellent use of riches, when she gives them away or leaves them of her own free will; only then her appetite for them is best satiated, when she does not care to possess them. Then above all is the heart set free and made capable of the treasures of the Divinity, for which it is furnished by the Creator with almost infinite capacity.”
    —Ven. Mary of Agreda, p. 85

toddsclowns

My Morning Offering

Quote of the Day
    "Since love completes all, makes all hard things soft, and the difficult easy, let us strive to make all our acts proceed from love."
    –St. Arnold Janssen

Today's Meditation

“No one who follows Me will ever walk in darkness (Jn 8:12). These words of our Lord counsel all to walk in His footsteps. If you want to see clearly and avoid blindness of heart, it is His virtues you must imitate. Make it your aim to meditate on the life of Jesus Christ. Christ’s teachings surpasses that of all the Saints. But to find this spiritual nourishment you must seek to have the Spirit of Christ. It is because we lack this Spirit that so often we listen to the Gospel without really hearing it. Those who fully understand Christ’s words must labor to make their lives conform to His.”
    —Thomas á Kempis, p.15

toddsclowns

My Morning Offering

Quote of the Day
    "You never go away from us, yet we have difficulty in returning to You. Come, Lord, stir us up and call us back. Kindle and seize us. Be our fire and our sweetness. Let us love. Let us run."
    –St. Augustine

Today's Meditation

“…When the sacrament of matrimony is celebrated at the center of the Eucharistic celebration, during which the spouses receive in Holy Communion the Body and Blood of Christ: the unity of the spouses, who “become one flesh” in the flesh of the Lord, is the image in this world of the unity of Christ the Bridegroom and the Church his Bride, during the celebration of the sacrament of unity par excellence: the Holy Eucharist. In this sense, we can state that the prayer of Christian spouses, whether they are at home or traveling, is always a Eucharistic prayer…”
    —Robert Cardinal Sarah, p. 20

toddsclowns

My Morning Offering

Quote of the Day
    "O Sacred Heart of Jesus, fountain of eternal life, Your Heart is a glowing furnace of Love. You are my refuge and my sanctuary."
    –St. Gertrude the Great

Today's Meditation

“Out of the darkness of my life, so much frustrated, I put before you the one great thing to love on earth: The Blessed Sacrament … There you will find romance, glory, honor, fidelity, and the true way of all your loves on earth, and more than that: Death. By the divine paradox, that which ends life, and demands the surrender of all, and yet by the taste (or foretaste) of which alone can what you seek in your earthly relationships (love, faithfulness, joy) be maintained, or take on that complexion of reality, of eternal endurance, which every man’s heart desires.”
    —J.R.R. Tolkien, p. 119

toddsclowns

My Morning Offering

Quote of the Day
    "He who labors as he prays lifts his heart to God with his hands."
    –St. Bernard of Clairvaux

Today's Meditation

“The story of Christ’s life and ministry cannot be told without giving due space to Satan’s activity. The Gospel writers carefully distinguish between cases of mere physical ailments and cases of a demonic character (both of which Jesus cures). Jesus frequently refers to the devil in his parables and other teachings, and the devil himself tempts Jesus in the desert and returns again later to engineer Judas’ betrayal (cf. Jn 13:2). This Gospel motif teaches us an undeniable, if uncomfortable lesson: the devil is real, and he is interested in counteracting the work of grace. In one sense, accepting this fundamental truth, and keeping it always in the back of our minds, can comfort us tremendously: it helps us make sense of all the unpleasant influences at work in and around us. We are not crazy; we are not failures; we are simply engaged in a spiritual battle. If we believe in Jesus Christ, we must also believe in the devil—doomed as he is, he would love to take as many souls as he can along with him.”
    —Fr. John Bartunek, p. 350

toddsclowns

My Morning Offering

Quote of the Day
    "I ask you to consider that our Lord Jesus Christ is your true head and that you are a member of his body. He belongs to you as the head belongs to the body. All that is his is yours: breath, heart, body, soul and all his faculties. All of these you must use as if they belonged to you, so that in serving him you may give him praise, love and glory."
    –St. John Eudes

Today's Meditation

“Since Jesus has gone to Heaven now, I can only follow the traces He has left behind. But how bright these traces are! How fragrant and divine! I have only to glance at the Gospels; at once this fragrance from the life of Jesus reaches me, and I know which way to run: to the lowest, not the highest place!”
    —St. Therese of Lisieux, p.b153-154

toddsclowns

My Morning Offering

Quote of the Day
    "Men do not fear a powerful hostile army as the powers of hell fear the name and protection of Mary."
    –St. Bonaventure

Today's Meditation

“Essentially a soldier, the Christian is always on the lookout. He has sharper ears and hears an undertone that others miss; his eyes see things in a particularly candid light, and he senses something to which others are insensible, the streaming of a vital current through all things. He is never submerged in life, but keeps his head and shoulders clear of it and his eyes free to look upward. Consequently he has a deeper sense of responsibility than others. When this awareness and watchfulness disappear, Christian life loses its edge; it becomes dull and ponderous.”
    —Fr. Romano Guardini, p. 177

toddsclowns

My Morning Offering

Quote of the Day
    "If you suffer with Him, you will reign with Him. If you cry with Him, you will have joy with Him. If you die with Him on the cross of tribulation, you will possess the eternal dwelling place in the splendor of the saints. And your name, written in the book of life, will be glorious among men."
    –St. Clare of Assisi

Today's Meditation

“[Jesus] sees in children traits and attitudes that are essential in anyone if he is to gain heaven, and, even in this life, if he is to enter the kingdom of faith. A child is devoid of even the slightest feeling of self-sufficiency. It is in constant need of its parents, and knows it. A child is fundamentally a being in need, and this is what a Christian should be before his Father God, a being in total need. A child lives fully in the present and nothing more. The adult’s less admirable predisposition is to look restlessly to the future, ignoring the here and now, the present moment, which ought to be lived to the full.”
    —Fr. Francis Fernández Carvajal, p. 170

toddsclowns

My Morning Offering

Quote of the Day
    "Our true worth does not consist in what human beings think of us. What we really are consists in what God knows us to be."
    –St. John Berchmans

Today's Meditation

“It seems to me that kneeling this moment before my Lord, concealed in the Holy Eucharist, as if next to my Mother beneath the cross, I surrender myself together with her for the accomplishment of God’s most holy will in all things. I desire to love her with the heart of St. John the beloved disciple and to always abide with her. Together with St. John Berchmans I can say, ‘I love Mary; therefore, I also expect to persevere in good, until the end.'”
    —Mother Raohael Lubowidzka of the sweetest Heart of Jesus, CSFN, p.

toddsclowns

My Morning Offering

Quote of the Day
    "Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament is the most tender of friends with souls who seek to please Him. His goodness knows how to proportion itself to the smallest of His creatures as to the greatest of them. Be not afraid then in your solitary conversations, to tell Him of your miseries, fears, worries, of those who are dear to you, of your projects, and of your hopes. Do so with confidence and with an open heart."
    –St. Damien of Molokai

Today's Meditation

“One of the most awe-inspiring aspects of the mystical body of Christ, the Catholic Church, is the papacy. When I had my radical conversion and fell in love with Jesus, Mary, and the Church, an essential part of my being set free was a deep respect for the awesome gift of the papacy. Knowing that Jesus, our head, has a visible representative on earth who speaks on His behalf so that the members of His body (you and me) can hear the voice of the Shepherd and follow him is extremely liberating…The Church is the pillar and bulwark of the truth! What this means is that we have an official teacher who hands on to us the authentic Christian message; it is the Church. And not just any church, but the Church that Jesus founded and established with a visible representative who has been divinely appointed to speak on Christ’s behalf.”
    —Donald H Calloway, MIC, p. 78-79

toddsclowns

My Morning Offering

Quote of the Day
    "Advent’s intention is to awaken the most profound and basic emotional memory within us, namely, the memory of the God who became a child. This is a healing memory; it brings hope."
    –Pope Benedict XVI

Today's Meditation

“When our Lord bade us “to pray always” He did not mean to ask us to be constantly in the act of prayer but only to live in the state of prayer. Let us note the difference: to be constantly in the act of prayer would be to fill our life’s course with religious exercises alone!…Even in the most contemplative lives, this is never done. There is always a place for certain activities that are more or less secular: meals, recreations, sleep, and the like. Living in a state of prayer does not aim at an impossible existence. The part of our lives devoted to religious exercises will mean that in all things, although it might be a question of a secular action, we will have no other purpose than to give glory to God…always to have an intentiondirected as much as possible toward God.”
    —Raoul Lus, S.J., p. 32-33

toddsclowns

My Morning Offering

Quote of the Day
    "It is not the actual physical exertion that counts towards a man's progress, nor the nature of the task, but by the spirit of faith with which it is undertaken."
    –St. Francis Xavier

Today's Meditation

“St. Joseph wants you to be docile to the direction of the Holy Spirit so that you can be led in the ways of holiness. What is holiness, anyway? Is it some unattainable spiritual summit you can never hope to reach? No, it is not. Holiness is living in intimate, loving communion with God. More specifically, holiness is observing the two great commandments of love of God and neighbor, avoiding sin, leading a life of virtue, and abiding in sanctifying grace. None of this is possible without the Holy Spirit in your life.
    –Fr. Donald Calloway, MIC, p. 21

toddsclowns

My Morning Offering

Quote of the Day
    "To fall in love with God is the greatest romance; to seek Him the greatest adventure; to find Him, the greatest human achievement."
    –St. Augustine

Today's Meditation

“Sometimes [Jesus] would decide to spend the night [in the garden of Gethsemane], when He had left the city at a late hour or when He had been long at prayer. Then Gethsemane became a sacred dormitory, and the disciples were privileged to assist at the mystery of Jesus falling into the gentle unconsciousness of sleep while He still kept infinity in His heart. God condescended to lie there resting by the trunk of a tree, His head upon His arms, with His disciples stretched here and there about Him – they, poor mortals, sunk deep in nothingness while He kept heavenly vigil – and John, no doubt, huddled close against his Master, his cheek resting upon His cloak. But the day was to come when Jesus would be there alone, unable to rest His wearied heart upon the soul of the Twelve.”
    –A.G Sertillanges, p. 83-84

toddsclowns

My Morning Offering

Quote of the Day
    "To use this life well is the pathway through death to everlasting life."
    –St. John Almond

Today's Meditation

“Love proves itself by deeds, and how shall I prove mine? … I can prove my love only by scattering flowers, that is to say, by never letting slip a single little sacrifice, a single glance, a single word; by making profit of the very smallest actions, by doing them all for love. I want to suffer and even rejoice for love, for this is my way of scattering flowers.”
    —St. Therese of Lisieux, p. 165

toddsclowns

My Morning Offering

Quote of the Day
    "Let the Word of God come; let it enter the church; let it become a consuming fire, that it may burn the hay and stubble, and consume whatever is worldly; there is heavy lead of iniquity in many; let it be molten by divine fire; let the gold and silver vessels be made better, in order that understanding and speech, refined by the heat of suffering, may begin to be more precious."
    –St. Ambrose

Today's Meditation

“Let anger be guarded against. But if it cannot be averted, let it be kept within bounds. For indignation is a terrible incentive to sin. It disorders the mind to such an extent as to leave no room for reason. The first thing, therefore, to aim at, if possible, is to make tranquility of character our natural disposition by constant practice, by desire for better things, by fixed determination.”
    —St. Ambrose, p.279

First ... 678910 Last