toddsclowns
    toddsclowns's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 37390

My Morning Offering

O Jesus, through the Immaculate Heart of Mary, I offer you my prayers, works, joys, and sufferings of this day for all the intentions of your Sacred Heart, in union with the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass throughout the world, for the salvation of souls, the reparation of sins, the reunion of all Christians, and in particular for the intentions of the Holy Father this month. Amen.
    Quote of the Day
    "When you sit down to eat, pray. When you eat bread, do so thanking Him for being so generous to you. If you drink wine, be mindful of Him who has given it to you for your pleasure and as a relief in sickness. When you dress, thank Him for His kindness in providing you with clothes. When you look at the sky and the beauty of the stars, throw yourself at God’s feet and adore Him who in His wisdom has arranged things in this way. Similarly, when the sun goes down and when it rises, when you are asleep or awake, give thanks to God, who created and arranged all things for your benefit, to have you know, love and praise their Creator."
    –St. Basil the Great

Today's Meditation

“True devotion to Our Lady is constant. It confirms the soul in good, and does not let it easily abandon its spiritual exercises. It makes it courageous in opposing the world in its fashions and maxims, the flesh in its weariness and passions, and the devil in his temptations; so that a person truly devout to our Blessed Lady is neither changeable, irritable, scrupulous nor timid. It is not that such a person does not fall, or change sometimes in the sensible feeling of devotion. But when he falls, he rises again by stretching out his hand to his good Mother. When he loses the taste and relish of devotions, he does not become disturbed because of that; for the just and faithful client of Mary lives by the faith (Heb. 10:38) of Jesus and Mary, and not by natural sentiment.”
    —St. Louis De Montfort, p. 55

toddsclowns

My Morning Offering

O Jesus, through the Immaculate Heart of Mary, I offer you my prayers, works, joys, and sufferings of this day for all the intentions of your Sacred Heart, in union with the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass throughout the world, for the salvation of souls, the reparation of sins, the reunion of all Christians, and in particular for the intentions of the Holy Father this month. Amen.
    Quote of the Day
    "Never be afraid of loving the Blessed Virgin too much. You can never love her more than Jesus did."
    –St. Maximilian Kolbe

Today's Meditation

“Write: I am Thrice Holy, and I detest the smallest sin. I cannot love a soul which is stained with sin; but when it repents, there is no limit to My generosity toward it. My mercy embraces and justifies it. With My mercy, I pursue sinners along all their paths, and My Heart rejoices when they return to Me. I forget the bitterness with which they fed My Heart and rejoice at their return. Tell sinners that no one shall escape My Hand; if they run away from My Merciful Heart, they will fall into My Just Hands. Tell sinners that I am always waiting for them, that I listen intently to the beating of their heart . . . when will it beat for Me?”
    —Jesus to St. Maria Faustina, 1728

toddsclowns

My Morning Offering

Quote of the Day
    "If you wish to go to extremes, let it be in sweetness, patience, humility and charity."
    –St. Philip Neri

Today's Meditation

“Advent is like the final hour before the breaking of the dawn. Our prayer…is simple: “Grant, we pray, that we may look forward in joy to the glorious Nativity of Christ.” Constantly, the season reminds us to think about where we are directing our attention and invites us to lift our gaze toward those first streaks of light on the horizon. The coming birth of Christ is both the answer to our longing and the fulfillment of the promises of God woven throughout scripture.”
    —Fr. John Burns, p.41

toddsclowns

My Morning Offering

Quote of the Day
    "Do you realize that Jesus is there in the tabernacle expressly for you - for you alone? He burns with the desire to come into your heart."
    –St. Therese of Lisieux

Today's Meditation

“In that blessed [Christmas] night also Joseph became the patron, the vicar, and the patriarch of the whole Catholic Church. It is certain, St. Athanasius tells us, that the stable where Jesus was born is ‘a figure of the Church, whose altar is the manger, whose vicar is Joseph, whose ministers are the shepherds, whose priests are the angels, whose great High-Priest is Jesus Christ, and whose throne is the Blessed Virgin.'”
    —Edward Healy Thompson, p. 233

toddsclowns

My Morning Offering

Quote of the Day
    "The name of Jesus, pronounced with reverence and affection, has a kind of power to soften the heart."
    –St. Philip Neri

Today's Meditation

“I wonder if we understand the negative aspect of faith? I shake sometimes. I’m afraid. You mustn’t worry that, because you don’t know what the future is, you don’t have faith. Faith means that in the midst of darkness and turmoil, you know that God is there and is taking care of you…Faith and presence go together, but it doesn’t do anything for my adrenaline glands! My body may react to the fear of the moment, and I could still have faith…to use His Name means to be like Jesus. That means when the Father sees you as a Christian, He sees His Son. Now you can ask in His Name, because He looks at you and He sees His Son in all His compassion, gentleness, love, and peace. He sees all that in you. Now you can ask in His Name. Don’t be a name-dropper, because faith and fear sometimes do go together.”
    —Mother Angelica, p. 83-84

First ... 78910