BuckyOne
    BuckyOne's Avatar SBR MVP

Are elections creating modern day civil wars?

Every 2 years more shiite stirring, mud slinging. constant tv commentary on who is the biggest a-hole of all time.

A lot of money going down a rat hole.

The battles and the war never ends / never will.

Bostongambler
    Bostongambler's Avatar BARRELED IN @ SBR!

Either they are or they are not. Either way good luck with your future wagers.

Roger T. Bannon
    Roger T. Bannon's Avatar SBR Hall of Famer

No, just infomercials. You get the same guy either way. Elections are for suckers.

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar SBR Posting Legend

What's causing the hate is that 51% of the population is supporting/ paying for 49% of the population to run amuck.

It's about money. Those who pay in versus those who receive.

It is wholly unfair to allow the recipients of public treasury to vote themselves more of it.

It has to stop. There is literally an entire political party now (D) existing on the premise it will subsidize its voters.

Roger T. Bannon

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post
    What's causing the hate is that 51% of the population is supporting/ paying for 49% of the population to run amuck.

It's about money. Those who pay in versus those who receive.

It is wholly unfair to allow the recipients of public treasury to vote themselves more of it.

It has to stop. There is literally an entire political party now (D) existing on the premise it will subsidize its voters.
    Come on now. After two multi-trillion bailouts, nobody is paying for anything.

BuckyOne

Well, I certainly agree that a good amount of people are costing the government money / taking way more in benefits that what they could possibly ever contribute.

Roger T. Bannon

Quote Originally Posted by BuckyOne View Post
    Well, I certainly agree that a good amount of people are costing the government money / taking way more in benefits that what they could possibly ever contribute.
    The banks and pharmaceutical companies? Or the blacks and Mexicans? Which do you think gets more money?

Okieirish
    Okieirish's Avatar SBR Wise Guy

Fake News is causing as much division as possible. It is what George Soros and other evil rich billionaires want them to do. And Communism. It makes them more rich and powerful.

BuckyOne

Quote Originally Posted by Roger T. Bannon View Post
    The banks and pharmaceutical companies? Or the blacks and Mexicans? Which do you think gets more money?
    Well, I was only thinking of the subset at the federal poverty level regardless of race or color. In my job I see no taxes paid in this subset/some social security paid in. Benefits received are head of household - affordable health care subsidy - possible county wide food stamps-energy assistance.

Some sales tax gets paid by this subset. Quite possibly millions of people collecting 20,000 or more each year while contributing little.

I sense you are about to tell me about how much money banks and drug companies suck out of the economy.

The federal poverty people could not get by without this help and I am not against it but just do not know how long the ship can stay afloat with a high % of people in the USA at this poverty level.

MinnesotaFats

Come on now. After two multi-trillion bailouts, nobody is paying for anything.
    When that 20oz Sprite costs $2.99 and your grocery store rib eye is 21.99 lb, we're all paying.

Sales Tax on the total goes up, as such wages must rise, as such income taxes go up.

Roger T. Bannon

Well, I was only thinking of the subset at the federal poverty level regardless of race or color. In my job I see no taxes paid in this subset/some social security paid in. Benefits received are head of household - affordable health care subsidy - possible county wide food stamps-energy assistance.

Some sales tax gets paid by this subset. Quite possibly millions of people collecting 20,000 or more each year while contributing little.

I sense you are about to tell me about how much money banks and drug companies suck out of the economy.

The federal poverty people could not get by without this help and I am not against it but just do not know how long the ship can stay afloat with a high % of people in the USA at this poverty level.
    No, that is not what I was going to tell you. The govt spends $85 billion basically on "welfare." It has a few trillions on billionaires. We stopped counting. It spends $720 billion on defense companies. The tax dollars are going to rich people, not poor people. If all those trillions were going to the blacks and Mexicans, they would be rich as hell.

BuckyOne

The poor people do spend every dime they ever receive so that money does stay in the economy.

Makes me almost want to go back to college to study Economics? LOL

Coexisting is not easy. The American Dream is to get rich?

My area of work is where I see health care and pharmaceuticals. Their motivation to invent better technology would wane and cease if there was not big money at the end of the rainbow.

Roger T. Bannon

The poor people do spend every dime they ever receive so that money does stay in the economy.

Makes me almost want to go back to college to study Economics? LOL

Coexisting is not easy. The American Dream is to get rich?

My area of work is where I see health care and pharmaceuticals. Their motivation to invent better technology would wane and cease if there was not big money at the end of the rainbow.
    No, most pharma work is done by the govt and given away for free. Pharma companies spend all their money on advertising. You could just have the govt develop drugs and get the same amount or reward breakthroughs with million dollar awards. Researchers do research for research. Not for money. Execs get all the money.

Cuba has the same life expectancy as the US and develop drugs on their own. They even have their own COVID vaccine.

ericc
    ericc's Avatar SBR Hall of Famer

It's a good thing the banks and pharmaceutical companies haven't figured out how to use the blacks and Mexicans in their schemes to bilk money out of the system.

Then we'd really be fncked.

MinnesotaFats

No, that is not what I was going to tell you. The govt spends $85 billion basically on "welfare." It has a few trillions on billionaires. We stopped counting. It spends $720 billion on defense companies. The tax dollars are going to rich people, not poor people. If all those trillions were going to the blacks and Mexicans, they would be rich as hell.
    ???

$673 billion on welfare programs as of 2018. Gotta be nearing $850billion by now.

Welfare has overtaken defense spending if you can believe it....

Thats the disconnect. There are limits to what the federal government should be doing w our national dollars. Welfare and unemployment should be a State by State issue so basically those that don't wanna work can drift towards societies that promote that like California, then limit their voting impact to that region.

This is why there's hate and apathy.

BuckyOne

No, most pharma work is done by the govt and given away for free. Pharma companies spend all their money on advertising. You could just have the govt develop drugs and get the same amount or reward breakthroughs with million dollar awards. Researchers do research for research. Not for money. Execs get all the money.

Cuba has the same life expectancy as the US and develop drugs on their own. They even have their own COVID vaccine.
    Well, it sucks that somebody / somewhere is gouging and getting away with it. Take eloquis / 499.95 / pay up or so sad go have a stroke. A good time to have insurance but, what a captive audience. It also sucks that the technology would not continue to improve if regulation were to tighten up.

I am ready to have the government hire you to eliminate gouging in pharmacy,medical technology, medicare, medicaid, entitlement programs et al. But, you have to do it without eliminated access for people that need it to live.

Roger T. Bannon

Well, it sucks that somebody / somewhere is gouging and getting away with it. Take eloquis / 499.95 / pay up or so sad go have a stroke. A good time to have insurance but, what a captive audience. It also sucks that the technology would not continue to improve if regulation were to tighten up.

I am ready to have the government hire you to eliminate gouging in pharmacy,medical technology, medicare, medicaid, entitlement programs et al. But, you have to do it without eliminated access for people that need it to live.
    No, I will nationalize them all. Medicare For All. Insurance companies go out of business. No patents. The stock market crashes and a lot fewer rich people. I will also nationalize all defense companies

Roger T. Bannon

???

$673 billion on welfare programs as of 2018. Gotta be nearing $850billion by now.

Welfare has overtaken defense spending if you can believe it....

Thats the disconnect. There are limits to what the federal government should be doing w our national dollars. Welfare and unemployment should be a State by State issue so basically those that don't wanna work can drift towards societies that promote that like California, then limit their voting impact to that region.

This is why there's hate and apathy.
    Yeah, $850B. Trillions for the rich. $850B for the poor. But the trillions go to white people so it's OK.

MinnesotaFats

Yeah, $850B. Trillions for the rich. $850B for the poor. But the trillions go to white people so it's OK.
    I have no idea what you are talking about.

Do you have a copy of a check that Uncle Sam wrote to a white guy for a trillion dollars or are you referring to areas with in the tax code that LOWER THE AMOUNT TO PAY IN so as to spur investment and capital improvement?

Because I can show you government welfare assistance, in many forms, that subsidize the worthless, meaningless bottom 10% of society that props of the Democrat party...this sive of human waste that continues to reproduce retards and fat asses into cyclical poverty, and votes themselves more and more Govt, from the Democrat Party.

No, trillions don't "go to whites", whites are the only ones paying into the system to begin with....it's the whites money to begin with, and the divide is who's taking it and where it goes from there.

This is also extremely prevalent in France lately...they are actually in a quasi civil war as we speak.

Fred The Hammer
    Fred The Hammer's Avatar SBR Posting Legend

I was at Amazon in 2019 when Bezos and his wife divorced. She got 25% I think? On a Wednesday she donated 1.5 billion to charity and by Friday the stock had shot up so high that she made it all back plus some. And Bezos still has 3x what she has. trumpy taxed them at less then 1%. I think thats insane?

MinnesotaFats

Quote Originally Posted by Fred The Hammer View Post
    I was at Amazon in 2019 when Bezos and his wife divorced. She got 25% I think? On a Wednesday she donated 1.5 billion to charity and by Friday the stock had shot up so high that she made it all back plus some. And Bezos still has 3x what she has. trumpy taxed them at less then 1%. I think thats insane?
    The tax isn't owed until they sell the stock. You gonna force everyone to liquidate their portfolios to pay a tax on an asset that isn't income and isn't cash?

You wanna fix the issue, here's the answer. Universal income for everyone. $2k/ month for everyone over 18 and under 55, with under $500k in assets. The SS becomes mandatory at 55, no delaying.. You eliminate EVERY federal social program, including Medicare/ Medicaid and SS disability, and fire ell those employees. Flat tax from dollar 1 to 100k @ 10%, 100k-300k @15% and 20% on everything above. NO DEDUCTION except home interest & state property tax. That's it.

The cost is $1.2 Trillion
    The savings is $1.85 trillion

Bezos can't help Amazon trades at 40xs earnings....and don't forget Bezos never made a profit till 2013, Amazon had 16 straight years of losses I believe. He is painted as a villian for this, he didn't do anything except hold onto his stock...and you're suggesting the government force a sale lol

BuckyOne

Problem areas are rich people and poor people. Middle class America does not have as much to complain about.

That being said the rich and middle class need the poor to do the actual work.

HockeyRocks
    HockeyRocks's Avatar SBR Hall of Famer

Every 2 years more shiite stirring, mud slinging. constant tv commentary on who is the biggest a-hole of all time.

A lot of money going down a rat hole.

The battles and the war never ends / never will.
    Elections are not to blame, the blame lies squarely at the feet of Douchebag Don and his rhetoric displayed prior to and including 1-6-2021, along with his piece shyte daughter in law that just the other day encouraged people at the border to take up arms...

MinnesotaFats

Quote Originally Posted by HockeyRocks View Post
    Elections are not to blame, the blame lies squarely at the feet of Douchebag Don and his rhetoric displayed prior to and including 1-6-2021, along with his piece shyte daughter in law that just the other day encouraged people at the border to take up arms...
    What would you have AZ, NM & TX do?

There border cities are being overwhelmed, their social services stretched to the max, the law enforcement resources wiped out because the current administration refuses to enforce the law or acknowledge the problem.

Has Harris even visited the border yet? She's the appointed czar...

All this so Democrats can get more worthless, poor, stupid, non white non English speaking subsidy receiving voters.

That's all it's about....

Guy wants to Blane Trump lol. No, thus era of hate started w the partisan ObamaCare Bill that took government control of $1trilion of our annual economy and was nothing more than wealth redistribution...suburban white to inner city black/ illegal alien.

Since then this hate has only 1 source, Obama, and 1 issue, Money...it about money.

slewfan
    slewfan's Avatar SBR Posting Legend

Quote Originally Posted by HockeyRocks View Post
    You are way too funny. You should try standup comedy.

Roger T. Bannon

I have no idea what you are talking about.

Do you have a copy of a check that Uncle Sam wrote to a white guy for a trillion dollars or are you referring to areas with in the tax code that LOWER THE AMOUNT TO PAY IN so as to spur investment and capital improvement?

Because I can show you government welfare assistance, in many forms, that subsidize the worthless, meaningless bottom 10% of society that props of the Democrat party...this sive of human waste that continues to reproduce retards and fat asses into cyclical poverty, and votes themselves more and more Govt, from the Democrat Party.

No, trillions don't "go to whites", whites are the only ones paying into the system to begin with....it's the whites money to begin with, and the divide is who's taking it and where it goes from there.

This is also extremely prevalent in France lately...they are actually in a quasi civil war as we speak.
    They were the financial bailouts of 2008 and 2020. You might have blocked them out of your mind because all whites went broke without the government resetting things.