1. #36
    gauchojake
    Feet don't fail me now
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 09-17-10
    Posts: 14,303
    Betpoints: 280

    There is no battle of good and evil only your perception of what is good and evil. There is no war going on. Settle down.

    BTP
    Week 8
    3-2-0 142 pts


  2. #37
    brainfreeze
    Repent, Heavens Kingdom is at hand!
    brainfreeze's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 05-13-14
    Posts: 5,357
    Betpoints: 84

    Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    Wish I was younger again... when you were a little guy growing up... all you cared about was playing baseball with your friends...

    I asked my childhood neighbor a couple years back... was all this sh#$ going on in the world.... even when I was like 10? He laughed and said... you were too busy being a kid. And you should be a kid. But yes... this stuff has been going on since the start of time.

    Unreal how life can change you.
    no doubt, life's a great experience but this world will do a number to anyone and cares about no one. If Gods for you, who can be against you? You were blessed with a great childhood so was I, We have to do our part to make sure that next generation gets the same ride. I love this country and don't want to see any country burned to the ground like what's happening in Syria, Iraq, Yemen, Lybia, Egypt, Israel, ukrain, Mexico and so on and so on... It's bad right now and we must realize that. Everyone in America hit the powerball being born here and a ton of people have no clue. Yea money, it's been going on since beginning though, check out this guy John Dee, guy was super smart, check out which way he went...

    BTP
    Week 7
    4-1-0 337 pts


  3. #38
    RiverBoatGambler
    RiverBoatGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-29-10
    Posts: 627
    Betpoints: 11

    Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    There is no battle of good and evil only your perception of what is good and evil. There is no war going on. Settle down.

    You honestly don't have a clue my man.

  4. #39
    Ghenghis Kahn
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-02-12
    Posts: 16,981
    Betpoints: 135

    Quote Originally Posted by RiverBoatGambler View Post
    God is real.

    Heaven and Hell...........Good and Evil........Demons and Angels........all are just as real as you and me.

    There is another world/life after you leave this earth.


    The funny thing to me is 99.9% of the people that don't believe in it, are people low on the food chain. The people that run this world, they do believe in God and the devil. The battle of good and evil goes to far back for people to try and look over it.

    you got it backwards pal. poorest countries have the biggest believers in god. it's only fitting since the belief gives them hope.

    who knows if god exists or not but neither can be proven hence agnostics always win in these debates...
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 11/16/2017

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 11/13/2017

    BTP
    Week 7
    3-1-1 258 pts


  5. #40
    The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-21-12
    Posts: 17,578
    Betpoints: 335


  6. #41
    SamDiamond
    SamDiamond's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-19-12
    Posts: 6,126
    Betpoints: 106

    Quote Originally Posted by RiverBoatGambler View Post
    God is real.
    Which God?


  7. #42
    Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 09-28-10
    Posts: 16,325
    Betpoints: 3251



    BTP
    Week 11
    3-1-1 390 pts

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 11/20/2017

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 11/13/2017

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 11/09/2017

    BTP
    Week 8
    4-1-0 300 pts

    BTP
    Week 7
    3-1-1 254 pts


  8. #43
    MoneyM1ke
    MoneyM1ke's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-14-09
    Posts: 533
    Betpoints: 36

    Points Awarded:

    eberetta1 gave MoneyM1ke 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 11/09/2017

    BTP
    Week 8
    4-1-0 300 pts


  9. #44
    muldoon
    muldoon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-04-10
    Posts: 4,405

    God has a plan for everyone.

    For the majority, His plan is for you to be miserable, live under brutal oppression, and spend life watching your children try to not starve to death or die of an easily preventable disease.

    But for you, His plan is for you to be the best singer, to win a big parlay, or for the A's to cash that future.

  10. #45
    chipper
    chipper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-07-10
    Posts: 1,997
    Betpoints: 30

    As a self-proclaimed "skeptical Christian" I love debates like this. Great thread...

  11. #46
    wagerjunkie
    wagerjunkie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-24-13
    Posts: 4,105

    Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    The idea of god is an interesting one. It helps to create social mores and societal rules like don't murder or rape people. But if you look at the reality of the situation, we are just beings who have a rudimentary understanding of the universe/multiverse. No one has seen or heard god. The people claiming to be god or prophets were likely clinically insane.

    It's also interesting that people all across the world have developed these ideas of a higher being. I personally think that the idea is a coping mechanism to explain the things that don't seem rational. Babies starving, the nicest guy you ever met dying of cancer, etc. With that being said, I think it's pretty unlikely that any sort of god or deity exists.
    http://www.amazon.com/The-Sacred-Mus.../dp/0982556276

    this dude John Allegro was a highly respected dude who went to Oxford and studied the Dead Sea Scrolls for over 15 years and basically came to a conclusion that it was all a load off crap. he basically came a conclusion that way back, the theory of "god" and "jesus" came from people tripping off shrooms. he basically says one night they were tripping penetrating balls and the romans were coming for them...and so they came up with this wild ass theory from their trip...of this sacred religion or cult if you will to scare off the romans...and it kinda of just spiraled from there..

    wild stuff

  12. #47
    RiverBoatGambler
    RiverBoatGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-29-10
    Posts: 627
    Betpoints: 11

    Quote Originally Posted by Ghenghis Kahn View Post
    you got it backwards pal. poorest countries have the biggest believers in god. it's only fitting since the belief gives them hope.

    who knows if god exists or not but neither can be proven hence agnostics always win in these debates...
    No pal, you have it backwards apparently.

    If you think all those secret society's don't have satanic backgrounds then you need to go do some research and post less. Like I said, the people running the world believe in God and the devil. A lot of them chose to worship the devil.......You can't have one without the other. This world is about balance.........God and devil.......good and evil..........right and wrong........ Humans have free will to make a choice.


    And one last thing, if you really don't believe in God....do yourself a favor and read up on basic astrophysics. There is a reason why scientists that study outspace, time, etc, are turning into Christians. If you think this 1 entire Universe was a big total accident, you are a small minded person.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: ColdBeerHere

  13. #48
    wagerjunkie
    wagerjunkie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-24-13
    Posts: 4,105

    they say this mushroom is where the idea of santa claus came from as well....this mushroom is what the mushroom they at looked like and resemble santa claus...these greeting cards are from thousands of years ago.


  14. #49
    Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 09-28-10
    Posts: 16,325
    Betpoints: 3251

    Quote Originally Posted by RiverBoatGambler View Post


    And one last thing, if you really don't believe in God....do yourself a favor and read up on basic astrophysics. There is a reason why scientists that study outspace, time, etc, are turning into Christians. If you think this 1 entire Universe was a big total accident, you are a small minded person.
    I don't know how much truth there is to this statement, but I do know that more than 1/2 of the churches in my town have closed over the past 10 years due to lack of attendance.

    BTP
    Week 11
    3-1-1 390 pts

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 11/20/2017

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 11/13/2017

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 11/09/2017

    BTP
    Week 8
    4-1-0 300 pts

    BTP
    Week 7
    3-1-1 254 pts


  15. #50
    onemoregoal
    twentysixblack
    onemoregoal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-04-13
    Posts: 8,154

    there is no god.
    he waited, what, 3.5 BILLION years after creating earth and we are all supposed to believe in god?
    did dinousaurs believe in god, too? cos they didnt end very well and ultimately the human race wont end well, either.

  16. #51
    LordVodka
    LordVodka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-17-09
    Posts: 5,145
    Betpoints: 12

    Quote Originally Posted by Bostongambler View Post
    You definatly seem to have found him Brainfreeze. Im sure it gives you a calming feeling. Thanks again.
    He doesn't seem like he found anything. His ego is out of control in each of those posts. He's congratulating himself any chance he gets.

  17. #52
    LordVodka
    LordVodka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-17-09
    Posts: 5,145
    Betpoints: 12

    Quote Originally Posted by RiverBoatGambler View Post
    And one last thing, if you really don't believe in God....do yourself a favor and read up on basic astrophysics. There is a reason why scientists that study outspace, time, etc, are turning into Christians. If you think this 1 entire Universe was a big total accident, you are a small minded person.
    It's actually the opposite. The more small minded you are the more likely you are to believe in God. You're talking about the universe being a total accident which shows you have not read much about evolution or cosmology. No scientists are turning into christians. Where are you pulling this shit from?

  18. #53
    brainfreeze
    Repent, Heavens Kingdom is at hand!
    brainfreeze's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 05-13-14
    Posts: 5,357
    Betpoints: 84

    Quote Originally Posted by LordVodka View Post
    It's actually the opposite. The more small minded you are the more likely you are to believe in God. You're talking about the universe being a total accident which shows you have not read much about evolution or cosmology. No scientists are turning into christians. Where are you pulling this shit from?
    Ok, the guy who invented the MRI machine is just a small minded guy your saying? Raymond Damadian ...
    as for me boasting, I said I'm delighted in good change if your not, so be it.

    BTP
    Week 7
    4-1-0 337 pts


  19. #54
    muldoon
    muldoon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-04-10
    Posts: 4,405

    Quote Originally Posted by brainfreeze View Post
    Ok, the guy who invented the MRI machine is just a small minded guy your saying? Raymond Damadian ...
    as for me boasting, I said I'm delighted in good change if your not, so be it.
    The poster actually said "the more likely" - not "every single one".

  20. #55
    brainfreeze
    Repent, Heavens Kingdom is at hand!
    brainfreeze's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 05-13-14
    Posts: 5,357
    Betpoints: 84

    It's false, the people that have these christian values have been ostracized by the scientific community. We are on course with correcting that. People need to be fully educated and Mr. Ham made this big museum to show people just how real God is. Another cool guy to check out is a archeologist named Ron Whyatt, he's found a lot of spectacular sites where God preformed miracles. This stuff is all real if y'all would give God a chance and go check it out. These aren't small minded people but God doesn't care how smart you are or what you look like and so forth. He made you perfectly the way He wanted you.

    BTP
    Week 7
    4-1-0 337 pts


  21. #56
    onemoregoal
    twentysixblack
    onemoregoal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-04-13
    Posts: 8,154

    Quote Originally Posted by brainfreeze View Post
    It's false, the people that have these christian values have been ostracized by the scientific community. We are on course with correcting that. People need to be fully educated and Mr. Ham made this big museum to show people just how real God is. Another cool guy to check out is a archeologist named Ron Whyatt, he's found a lot of spectacular sites where God preformed miracles. This stuff is all real if y'all would give God a chance and go check it out. These aren't small minded people but God doesn't care how smart you are or what you look like and so forth. He made you perfectly the way He wanted you.
    after waiting 3.5 billion years.

  22. #57
    brainfreeze
    Repent, Heavens Kingdom is at hand!
    brainfreeze's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 05-13-14
    Posts: 5,357
    Betpoints: 84

    Quote Originally Posted by onemoregoal View Post
    after waiting 3.5 billion years.
    If you want to believe you derived from a banana and the world is 10 billion years old..... Go for it. This must be like are 10th sun too. Com'on man that stuffs bogus.

    BTP
    Week 7
    4-1-0 337 pts


  23. #58
    muldoon
    muldoon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-04-10
    Posts: 4,405

    Quote Originally Posted by brainfreeze View Post
    He made you perfectly the way He wanted you.
    He made all those babies with AIDs in Africa exactly how he wanted?

  24. #59
    Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 09-28-10
    Posts: 16,325
    Betpoints: 3251

    Evolution is much more believable than some guy rounding up 2 of every animal on the earth and taking them on a boat trip.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: muldoon

    BTP
    Week 11
    3-1-1 390 pts

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 11/20/2017

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 11/13/2017

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 11/09/2017

    BTP
    Week 8
    4-1-0 300 pts

    BTP
    Week 7
    3-1-1 254 pts


  25. #60
    muldoon
    muldoon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-04-10
    Posts: 4,405

    Quote Originally Posted by brainfreeze View Post
    This must be like are 10th sun too. Com'on man that stuffs bogus.
    Is that even English?

    "are 10th sun" - wtf does that even mean?

    Derived from a banana? Wow

  26. #61
    SamDiamond
    SamDiamond's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-19-12
    Posts: 6,126
    Betpoints: 106

    Quote Originally Posted by brainfreeze View Post
    If you want to believe you derived from a banana and the world is 10 billion years old..... Go for it. This must be like are 10th sun too. Com'on man that stuffs bogus.
    I love these looney tunes.

    So, let me get this right. Man and Dinosaurs ran around together did they?

    Oh, and carbon dating. How do you 'splain that? And... the oil/gas that makes you car go wasn't created by pixie dust.... it took million of years to become crude oil....how do you explain that with your version of science?

  27. #62
    onemoregoal
    twentysixblack
    onemoregoal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-04-13
    Posts: 8,154

    Quote Originally Posted by brainfreeze View Post
    If you want to believe you derived from a banana and the world is 10 billion years old..... Go for it. This must be like are 10th sun too. Com'on man that stuffs bogus.
    not 10 billion, 3.5 billion.
    If anything, Gods love lies with dinosaurs, it was his first love.

  28. #63
    brainfreeze
    Repent, Heavens Kingdom is at hand!
    brainfreeze's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 05-13-14
    Posts: 5,357
    Betpoints: 84

    Quote Originally Posted by muldoon View Post
    He made all those babies with AIDs in Africa exactly how he wanted?
    this falls in the why this happened category, quick story, king David, guy had a lot of blood on his hands slaying Giants in all, but the temple in Israel is named after his son.....WHY... Why did his son get to live so good and be able to build Gods temple, God said it was because of the blood shed he didn't want David building the temple, God has His own reasoning....as I said we don't understand.

    and excuse me "this must be like our 10th sun" ...wow

    BTP
    Week 7
    4-1-0 337 pts


  29. #64
    brainfreeze
    Repent, Heavens Kingdom is at hand!
    brainfreeze's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 05-13-14
    Posts: 5,357
    Betpoints: 84

    Quote Originally Posted by onemoregoal View Post
    not 10 billion, 3.5 billion.
    If anything, Gods love lies with dinosaurs, it was his first love.
    Would've been cool to have him as a pit bull or something in the yard, uh? Haha

    BTP
    Week 7
    4-1-0 337 pts


  30. #65
    muldoon
    muldoon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-04-10
    Posts: 4,405

    Quote Originally Posted by brainfreeze View Post
    God has His own reasoning....as I said we don't understand.

    and excuse me "this must be like our 10th sun" ...wow
    The classic cop-out. When something good is hard to explain, it's a gift from God. When something sh**tty happens...well "it's a mystery...we'll never truly know him".

    If this is just trolling - well, good for you.

    If not, it's embarrassing a grown up would still believe this childish bronze-age fantasy meant to keep the population from banging and re-enacting "The Purge" nightly.

    No need to apologize for your bad spelling. I was more curious how you made the leap that we're on Sun #10.

  31. #66
    brainfreeze
    Repent, Heavens Kingdom is at hand!
    brainfreeze's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 05-13-14
    Posts: 5,357
    Betpoints: 84

    Quote Originally Posted by SamDiamond View Post
    I love these looney tunes.

    So, let me get this right. Man and Dinosaurs ran around together did they?

    Oh, and carbon dating. How do you 'splain that? And... the oil/gas that makes you car go wasn't created by pixie dust.... it took million of years to become crude oil....how do you explain that with your version of science?
    How can you prove something, that cannot be observed. Have you been around millions of years to watch it?

    BTP
    Week 7
    4-1-0 337 pts


  32. #67
    Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 09-28-10
    Posts: 16,325
    Betpoints: 3251

    Quote Originally Posted by SamDiamond View Post
    I love these looney tunes.

    So, let me get this right. Man and Dinosaurs ran around together did they?
    Damn you Hannah-Barbera! You lied to me!

    BTP
    Week 11
    3-1-1 390 pts

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 11/20/2017

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 11/13/2017

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 11/09/2017

    BTP
    Week 8
    4-1-0 300 pts

    BTP
    Week 7
    3-1-1 254 pts


  33. #68
    brainfreeze
    Repent, Heavens Kingdom is at hand!
    brainfreeze's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 05-13-14
    Posts: 5,357
    Betpoints: 84

    Quote Originally Posted by muldoon View Post
    The classic cop-out. When something good is hard to explain, it's a gift from God. When something sh**tty happens...well "it's a mystery...we'll never truly know him".

    If this is just trolling - well, good for you.

    If not, it's embarrassing a grown up would still believe this childish bronze-age fantasy meant to keep the population from banging and re-enacting "The Purge" nightly.

    No need to apologize for your bad spelling. I was more curious how you made the leap that we're on Sun #10.
    If you want to start belittling me I have nothing but sympathy for you that could be so foolish to believe a theory that a guy made about a hundred years ago, when there's people DIEING over Holy land as we speak.

    BTP
    Week 7
    4-1-0 337 pts


  34. #69
    muldoon
    muldoon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-04-10
    Posts: 4,405

    Quote Originally Posted by brainfreeze View Post
    If you want to start belittling me I have nothing but sympathy for you that could be so foolish to believe a theory that a guy made about a hundred years ago, when there's people DIEING over Holy land as we speak.
    You belittle yourself man. Having others point it out might feed your persecution complex, but it doesn't change that you quickly default to the old "you need to look into your heart" fluff.

    With a straight face you ask a poster "How can you prove something, that cannot be observed" and yet claim that an archaeologist (in fact the guy was a nurse anesthetist) have "proof".

    http://scienceblogs.com/dispatches/2006/06/30/ron-wyatt-collosal-fraud/

  35. #70
    LordVodka
    LordVodka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-17-09
    Posts: 5,145
    Betpoints: 12

    You're the one belittling everyone with your religious superiority.

    Carbon dating is a real thing. That's how we know the age of the universe. I suggest you try to watch the Comsos series by Carl Sagan or Neil Degrasse Tyson. That is a good place to start.

    The theory of evolution is a scientific theory it's not a theory in the regular sense that some asshole comes up with an idea of how things work. Again science works because it's verifiable.

    Let me ask you why did God have to abide by certain laws when he created the universe? Why didn't he just create things magically? Everything in the world has an explanation.

First 12345 ... Last
Top