Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

Latest Bracket, ARE U FU*KING KIDDING ME!

BYU a number 1 seed, im not even going to attempt to find words to use to explain how much of a joke that is...

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Joey Brackets is sniffing the good shit...

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9788

1 seed or 2, no big deal really, almost play the same team. They probaly need to win conference tourney though. If NC , duke end up winning tourney they will move ahead

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

If they win out, which they probably will then they'll be a 1 seed. No problem with that, the rest of the top teams keep losing to these garbage teams and they're taking care of business.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

lol should be a 3 seed, who did they beat? SD ST and ARIZONA... LOL

romecloneout
    romecloneout's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 489

byu would barely be .500 in big east...haha joke if #1 seed

rsnnh12
    rsnnh12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 205

Quote Originally Posted by Louisvillekid1 View Post
    lol should be a 3 seed, who did they beat? SD ST and ARIZONA... LOL
    At least they're beating good teams... how many top teams have lost to mediocre competition? BYU is beating the teams they're scheduled to play. Can't fault them for that.

Wiggums5
    The Wiggler
    Wiggums5's Avatar Become A Pro!

Who would you rather have number 1 instead? A choking Texas team or a Duke team that can't beat a good team on the road...BYU ftw.

Chandler
    Chandler's Avatar Become A Pro!

Brackets will be interesting this year. power conferences are kinda down.... except the Big East, and lots of mid major conferences have alot of bubble teams like the A-10, mac, moutain west, Conference Usa ect. Conference Championships will determine alot

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Quote Originally Posted by rsnnh12 View Post
    At least they're beating good teams... how many top teams have lost to mediocre competition? BYU is beating the teams they're scheduled to play. Can't fault them for that.
    Listen,

They have nights off all the time... They can play their 'C' game and get wins cuz the competition is so weak...

In the Big East if your not on your A game your going down...

If they would be in the middle of the pack in the BE how are they deserving of a number seed over teams that are already proven...

Even a 2 is a joke...

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1830

Jimmer will bury all these kids.

Obviously BYU won't get that far in the tourney but it makes it more fun to have them seeded that high, how often does it happen?

Be an interesting tourney.

SamsNCharge99
    5x POTM. 2x Video maker of the year
    SamsNCharge99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6404

there's always one team at #1 that shouldn't be there

Chandler
    Chandler's Avatar Become A Pro!

lots of teams deserving of #1 seeds this year. its still wide open who the 4 will be

Emily_Haines
    Emily_Haines's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15313

Quote Originally Posted by romecloneout View Post
    byu would barely be .500 in big east...haha joke if #1 seed
    They would finish ahead of DePaul and finish with a 3-15 record if they were in the bigeast and would not even make the CIT. Can't wait for the tournament to start so I can bet big against this fraud team.

StraitShooter
    Miami Florida
    StraitShooter's Avatar Become A Pro!

The daily predicting of brackets on espn is foolish. So much parity when the tourney hits all this shit will be scrambled eggs after day one anyways

C-Gold
    C-Gold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 843

I'm starting to think BYU might be able to make some noise in the tourney but NOT SDST.

BYU plays better on the road, and the kid can ball. You say F him, he's white, he won't be shit in the NBA? I saw 3 black kids from SD State chasing him around all game to no avail. Jimmer had 43 on SDST last time, this time they triple teamed him and he had 9 assists and "only" 25 points. It proves you're f-ed no matter what you do to him. He can score, but he's not a ball hog. It's pick your poison.

When I evaluate teams in the tourney, what do I look at? What's important?
    Road record > Home Record
    Defense ( PPG, FG %) > Offense
    W/L Record is important too, you can only beat who'se on your schedule. L's usually mean poor play/inconsistant.

Can you play D? Defense travels? Can you play on the road, will you be able to win against a hostile crowd in a tournament type setting? Some teams are young/suck on the road.

Jimmy John plays his best on the road. Let's say SD State is an average Big east team... so what, they worked them on their home court and won the rest of their games.

So is BYU the 4th best team in the nation? NO, but they won the games on their schedule. Who did DUKE beat this year? I was thinking BYU will get pounded in round 2-3, but now I'm thinking it's possible Jimmer can carry them to the Final 4 with Stephen Curry like performances.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Seeds don't mean shit, think we know that by now. Mountain West has three very good teams this year in BYU, San Diego State & UNLV. #1 or #2 makes little difference.

FrozenMAN
    2020 Big Ten CHAMPS!
    FrozenMAN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4112

yeah thats not gonna stay liek that.....DA VILLE has an outside shot if they can win out and go deep in the big east tourney...

Stallion
    Update your status
    Stallion's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16702

Duke, Ohio St, Kansas, Pitt?? Syracuse??

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

2 weeks of regular season baskets left. a lot will change B4 the tourny

ESPN is just trying to be dramatic about the current seeding. Starting controversy that drive ratings.

The Madcap
    The world meets nobody halfway.
    The Madcap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 460

Here's the problem with giving BYU a #1 seed: It means Duke gets a 2 seed in their region. And after all the flak the committee took last year with Duke's placement, they are going to end up getting that much more when BYU loses in the Sweet 16, and Duke ends up beating Arizona and the third best team in the Big 12 on a cake-walk route to another Final Four.

You want BYU a two seed in the Southwest with Kansas as the #1, Ohio State as the #1 in the West with San Diego State as #2, Pitt as the #1 in the East with Purdue as the #2, and Duke #1 in the Southeast with Texas as the #2. That's the best way to do it. Give BYU a one seed, and then Duke is their two. Does anybody really think Duke is losing to BYU if the Cougs can even make it that far?

Stallion
    Update your status
    Stallion's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16702

I'm a big Duke fan, and unless Duke gets an easy path like last year, they will prob lose in the sweet 16 or Elite 8.

The Madcap

Quote Originally Posted by Stallion View Post
    I'm a big Duke fan, and unless Duke gets an easy path like last year, they will prob lose in the sweet 16 or Elite 8.
    It's always about match-ups for Duke in the early rounds. They get a tough physical team with athletic bigs (ala FSU) or a quick team that can break them down and shoot (ala St. John's) and maybe they lose. But I don't see them losing until the Final Four. There just aren't enough good two seeds this season. They'll beat BYU, SDST, ND, or Texas going away on a neutral site. Purdue or Wisconsin could beat them. But that's about it. While not a lock for the Final Four, I'd put my money on Duke right now ahead of everybody else except maybe Ohio State, and I'm not sure how much you can trust a team whose leading scorer is a freshman come tournament time. Sullinger isn't Carmelo Anthony.

Bill Self is not a great tourney coach, so Kansas is no lock. (and yes, yes, I know they won it a few years ago. They got lucky to beat Davidson. And UNC was over-rated as hell that year. ) Pitt can't seem to play away from home. And BYU? can you say Gonzaga and Adam Morrison?

beerman2619
    beerman2619's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 459

Yeah i agree with some of you. Duke did have a cake walk last year into the championship. Look for that to happen again this year. I mean look at there schedule so far this season very easy. Course i think Carolina will beat them in Carolina by 10 or so. Duke is a joke on the road without Irving i don't see how that team wins back to back championships.

The Madcap

Quote Originally Posted by beerman2619 View Post
    Yeah i agree with some of you. Duke did have a cake walk last year into the championship. Look for that to happen again this year. I mean look at there schedule so far this season very easy. Course i think Carolina will beat them in Carolina by 10 or so. Duke is a joke on the road without Irving i don't see how that team wins back to back championships.
    Are you making a serious statement, or just pissing about?

I agree that UNC should win in the Dean Dome. Not sure about the double digits though. I sort of expect the exact opposite result of the game in Cameron. I think Duke will get up early and UNC will come back in the second half to win by 6-7.

Don't agree that Duke is a "joke" necessarily on the road. So they lost to VT/FSU? They've always struggled in Tallahassee and Blacksburg. This is nothing new. And yeah, St. John's thumped 'em, but St. John's has beat a lot of good teams this year: UCONN, Pitt, Nova, Gtown, ND. I'd hardly say this qualifies them as a "joke," especially considering last year's team got thumped by Wisconsin, Georgetown, NCSU, and GT all on the road, and still won the title.

And while Duke should have either been a 2 seed last year, or had West Virginia as their #2 instead of Nova, looking back, I don't think calling it a cake walk is really all that accurate. At the time, yes, it seemed they got some BS. But their 8-9 matchup (Cal-Lville) was certainly the toughest of the four, Purdue has shown us this season they are a top ten team, and while Baylor wasn't the toughest elite eight opponent ever, they weren't the worst 3 seed (New Mexico was, and the 'best' 3 seed, GTown, lost to the OHIO BOBCATS)

And in the Final Four Duke beat a tough WVU team, and Butler, who beat a #1 and a #2 seed in back to back games ('Cuse/K-state).

Duke can't help it if St. Mary's beats Nova. Or if Northern Iowa beats Kansas. Or if WVU beats UK. Or if Butler beats Syracuse and K-state. Last year was a flukie season. This year isn't as flukie, but there's been a whole lot of flux.

I'm not sure this team can win back to back championships without Irving either, but then again, I don't think this year's field is much better than last years.

If Duke ends up as a #2 seed in BYU's region (which as of right now, is entirely possible) and the 3/4/5/6 seeds are something like Louisville, Florida, Vanderbilt, and UCLA (which would be a pretty damned tough region all things considered) I don't see how they don't make the Final Four. And if you make the Final Four, anything can happen. Kansas is poorly coached. Ohio State relies too much on a freshman. And Pittsburgh can't shoot on the road. Any of those teams could lose before Houston.

But if Duke is a 1 seed, it should be easy going to the elite eight at least. There's nobody getting a 4/5/8/9 seed that could beat them without Duke just crapping the bed and the other team playing the game of their life.

Wisconsin and Purdue should scare Duke. Depending on seeding, those teams could be potential middle-round opponents I could see beating them. But outside the top ten, I don't think there's anybody who really threatens Duke on a neutral court. UCONN is two one dimensional. 'Cuse/UK are too young. Arizona/Gtown are frauds. Lville/Florida are infinitely beatable. St. John's would pose a problem, but Duke doesn't very often lose to the same team twice in one year.

I still think Duke is formidable. I think passing them off because of the VT loss would be the wrong move.
    Last edited by The Madcap; 02-28-11 at 11:52 PM.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

lastest update having k st as a 8/9 seed, in byu bracket is basically giving KST the #1 seed... Cuz they'd knock BYU one and done....