1. #1
    ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 04-04-11
    Posts: 31,511
    Betpoints: 24869

    Billy Walters - I'm gonna call Bullshit on this guy

    I'm not going to kneel at the alter.

    Do I think he could carve out an edge vs the opener? Yes, I think his send-out could be +EV over time.

    Whenever someone talked to me about Billy Walters, they didn't care about the # on the ticket. If they hear that it was a Billy Walters play, they'll bet it regardless of the #. +6 or +3.5, doesn't matter.

    Also, what about the success rate over time? it's one thing to beat the # in 1984. Much harder in 2024.

    Sorry, I don't believe all the noise. Betting to the moon for a miniscule edge? I'm not religious, I don't believe this guy.

  2. #2
    mjsuax13
    mjsuax13's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date: 03-14-15
    Posts: 21,967
    Betpoints: 848

    What’s his scam?

  3. #3
    lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 04-02-09
    Posts: 94,066
    Betpoints: 7684

    Quote Originally Posted by mjsuax13 View Post
    What’s his scam?
    He was able to win.
    Points Awarded:

    mjsuax13 gave lakerboy 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

    texhooper gave lakerboy 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.


  4. #4
    mjsuax13
    mjsuax13's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date: 03-14-15
    Posts: 21,967
    Betpoints: 848

    Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    He was able to win.
    Dude that’s funny.

  5. #5
    ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 04-04-11
    Posts: 31,511
    Betpoints: 24869

    Quote Originally Posted by mjsuax13 View Post
    What’s his scam?
    Just think he talks too much nowadays. As if he has something to sell.

  6. #6
    lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 04-02-09
    Posts: 94,066
    Betpoints: 7684

    Quote Originally Posted by mjsuax13 View Post
    Dude that’s funny.
    Lol that's basically why they charged him.

    Some guys on here should listen to his advice on buying points and when to and not to. That was pretty funny considering guys on here buy to 4 and 7 with-135 juice after being on here for 15 years.

  7. #7
    mjsuax13
    mjsuax13's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date: 03-14-15
    Posts: 21,967
    Betpoints: 848

    Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Lol that's basically why they charged him.

    Some guys on here should listen to his advice on buying points and when to and not to. That was pretty funny considering guys on here buy to 4 and 7 with-135 juice after being on here for 15 years.
    They were chasing his ass for decades. You already know- ZERO learning takes place here or in life for many.
    Points Awarded:

    lakerboy gave mjsuax13 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.


  8. #8

  9. #9
    Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-13-13
    Posts: 14,574
    Betpoints: 24921

    So Chucky calls bullshit on Billy Walters but goes to bat for Johnny Vegas.

    That's like calling bullshit on Spuds MacKenzie and then taking Dylan Mulvaney to the prom.
    Points Awarded:

    texhooper gave Eddy Munny 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

    mjsuax13 gave Eddy Munny 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.


  10. #10
    DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever
    DrunkHorseplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 05-15-10
    Posts: 7,174
    Betpoints: 19581

    He beat Vegas when it was possible to have an info edge, those days have been gone for decades. I don't listen to podcasts, talk shows, etc. so I don't know what he said but if he claims he's beating the books in this day and age, he's a liar.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Madison

  11. #11
    Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-13-13
    Posts: 14,574
    Betpoints: 24921

    Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHorseplayer View Post
    He beat Vegas when it was possible to have an info edge, those days have been gone for decades. I don't listen to podcasts, talk shows, etc. so I don't know what he said but if he claims he's beating the books in this day and age, he's a liar.
    So then why do you do it?

  12. #12
    texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-05-09
    Posts: 9,863
    Betpoints: 7847

    Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Munny View Post
    So then why do you do it?
    I thought this myself but left it alone.

    If you truly think it’s IMPOSSIBLE to win, there’s no reason to dabble in this. Not for fun, not to pass the time, not for any reason. I can think of many things to do for entertainment than an endeavor that was 100% guaranteed to part me from my money with no actual good or service in exchange
    Points Awarded:

    Eddy Munny gave texhooper 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.


  13. #13
    getaloadoffatso
    getaloadoffatso's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-14-23
    Posts: 425
    Betpoints: 1718

    Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Munny View Post
    So Chucky calls bullshit on Billy Walters but goes to bat for Johnny Vegas.

    That's like calling bullshit on Spuds MacKenzie and then taking Dylan Mulvaney to the prom.
    I actually took that Dylan Mulvaney chick to the prom

    I was excited because she was the first woman I had ever gone to third base with

    It was alot different than I had dreamed of, but I made it work

  14. #14
    Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-13-13
    Posts: 14,574
    Betpoints: 24921

    Quote Originally Posted by getaloadoffatso View Post
    I actually took that Dylan Mulvaney chick to the prom

    I was excited because she was the first woman I had ever gone to third base with

    It was alot different than I had dreamed of, but I made it work
    Well you thought you'd rented an automatic transmission and found out you were given a stick.

  15. #15
    Madison
    Madison's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 09-16-11
    Posts: 5,622
    Betpoints: 13569

    Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHorseplayer View Post
    He beat Vegas when it was possible to have an info edge, those days have been gone for decades. I don't listen to podcasts, talk shows, etc. so I don't know what he said but if he claims he's beating the books in this day and age, he's a liar.
    There was a day (70's) where I had the phone number to the local weather for all NFL games. Back then you had 1/1000 of the access to info you have today. There was a tropical storm of sorts in Wash on Monday night. The line barely moved if at all. I bet 1400 (a all in amount for me at the time) on the under. I don't believe either team got inside the others 30 yd line the majority of the game. Like 3-0 at half. One of the easiest covers ever for me. Nowadays NEVER.

  16. #16
    texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-05-09
    Posts: 9,863
    Betpoints: 7847

    Quote Originally Posted by Madison View Post
    There was a day (70's) where I had the phone number to the local weather for all NFL games. Back then you had 1/1000 of the access to info you have today. There was a tropical storm of sorts in Wash on Monday night. The line barely moved if at all. I bet 1400 (an all in amount for me at the time) on the under. I don't believe either team got inside the others 30 yd line the majority of the game. Like 3-0 at half. One of the easiest covers ever for me. Nowadays NEVER.
    Retired poster “betweather” is unexpectedly cumming in his pants right now and he doesn’t know why

  17. #17
    ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 04-04-11
    Posts: 31,511
    Betpoints: 24869

    Quote Originally Posted by Madison View Post
    There was a day (70's) where I had the phone number to the local weather for all NFL games. Back then you had 1/1000 of the access to info you have today. There was a tropical storm of sorts in Wash on Monday night. The line barely moved if at all. I bet 1400 (a all in amount for me at the time) on the under. I don't believe either team got inside the others 30 yd line the majority of the game. Like 3-0 at half. One of the easiest covers ever for me. Nowadays NEVER.
    Exactly, Madison. Remember the Pit/Mia game in heavy-rain. 3-0 final.

    The game I've referenced to people was the late-season Raider game. Stabler was dinged up, didn't take the flight. Raiders were -15, Hum started and they won by 3 (I think).

  18. #18
    Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-13-13
    Posts: 14,574
    Betpoints: 24921

    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckyTheGoat View Post
    Exactly, Madison. Remember the Pit/Mia game in heavy-rain. 3-0 final.

    The game I've referenced to people was the late-season Raider game. Stabler was dinged up, didn't take the flight. Raiders were -15, Hum started and they won by 3 (I think).
    When are you gonna call bullshit on Johnny Vegas?

    If you haven't clapped his cheeks by now it's probably just not in the cards.

  19. #19
    homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-24-13
    Posts: 14,877
    Betpoints: 11078

    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckyTheGoat View Post
    I'm not going to kneel at the alter.

    Do I think he could carve out an edge vs the opener? Yes, I think his send-out could be +EV over time.

    Whenever someone talked to me about Billy Walters, they didn't care about the # on the ticket. If they hear that it was a Billy Walters play, they'll bet it regardless of the #. +6 or +3.5, doesn't matter.

    Also, what about the success rate over time? it's one thing to beat the # in 1984. Much harder in 2024.

    Sorry, I don't believe all the noise. Betting to the moon for a miniscule edge? I'm not religious, I don't believe this guy.
    1,000% agree on all.

    there are much better cappers out there.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: ChuckyTheGoat

  20. #20
    stackz125
    stackz125's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-03-16
    Posts: 6,097
    Betpoints: 198

    He made money from betting back in the day
    Now he makes his money from other businesses that he owns

  21. #21
    DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever
    DrunkHorseplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 05-15-10
    Posts: 7,174
    Betpoints: 19581

    Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Munny View Post
    So then why do you do it?
    I'm not saying it can't be done, I'm saying that he isn't beating the books as he claims.

  22. #22
    JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-10-09
    Posts: 83,072
    Betpoints: 11850

    Quote Originally Posted by stackz125 View Post
    He made money from betting back in the day
    Now he makes his money from other businesses that he owns
    Every good gambler made money back in the day. It was easy to beat the odds. MMA was a gold mine for me. Today not so easy.

  23. #23
    Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-13-13
    Posts: 14,574
    Betpoints: 24921

    Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHorseplayer View Post
    I'm not saying it can't be done, I'm saying that he isn't beating the books as he claims.
    Oooohhh okay.

    So you've gone on record in this thread and others stating Billy Walters, as well as all other high profile cappers and/or touts absolutely are not making money doing this. I'm assuming joe lunchbucket isn't walking out of the sportsbook with duffel bags full of money either, so you're telling us you're the guy then? Is that correct? You're the one who's managed to carve out and maintain an edge after all the dust settles? You're him?

    Fascinating, you're a fascinating character study. I guess that explains why you continue to do what can't be done. You're that one in a million. It's a damn shame you don't share your picks more often. I'm guessing someone in your position has to maintain a low profile lest your blow your cover as the final boss the books have yet to defeat.

    Again, fascinating.

  24. #24
    gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 09-17-10
    Posts: 33,725
    Betpoints: 13188

    It's a good interview. He's an interesting guy and even though Joe doesn't know shit about sports betting, it's worth listening to.

    Billy lays out the whole thing. If you think he can't hire quants and analysts to build models that have an edge, then I'm not sure what to tell you.
    Points Awarded:

    texhooper gave gauchojake 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.


  25. #25
    ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 04-04-11
    Posts: 31,511
    Betpoints: 24869

    Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    It's a good interview. He's an interesting guy and even though Joe doesn't know shit about sports betting, it's worth listening to.

    Billy lays out the whole thing. If you think he can't hire quants and analysts to build models that have an edge, then I'm not sure what to tell you.
    Jake, maybe I was rash in my opinion. Might have to re-think this one.

  26. #26
    DonnieBrasco23
    DonnieBrasco23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-06-23
    Posts: 546
    Betpoints: 793

    Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Munny View Post
    Oooohhh okay.

    So you've gone on record in this thread and others stating Billy Walters, as well as all other high profile cappers and/or touts absolutely are not making money doing this. I'm assuming joe lunchbucket isn't walking out of the sportsbook with duffel bags full of money either, so you're telling us you're the guy then? Is that correct? You're the one who's managed to carve out and maintain an edge after all the dust settles? You're him?

    Fascinating, you're a fascinating character study. I guess that explains why you continue to do what can't be done. You're that one in a million. It's a damn shame you don't share your picks more often. I'm guessing someone in your position has to maintain a low profile lest your blow your cover as the final boss the books have yet to defeat.

    Again, fascinating.

  27. #27
    d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-10-05
    Posts: 39,776
    Betpoints: 21653

    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckyTheGoat View Post
    I'm not going to kneel at the alter.

    Do I think he could carve out an edge vs the opener? Yes, I think his send-out could be +EV over time.

    Whenever someone talked to me about Billy Walters, they didn't care about the # on the ticket. If they hear that it was a Billy Walters play, they'll bet it regardless of the #. +6 or +3.5, doesn't matter.

    Also, what about the success rate over time? it's one thing to beat the # in 1984. Much harder in 2024.

    Sorry, I don't believe all the noise. Betting to the moon for a miniscule edge? I'm not religious, I don't believe this guy.
    What's a miniscule edge? That's what it's all about.

    But you're right, of course the number matters. It's all that matters, really.

  28. #28
    d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-10-05
    Posts: 39,776
    Betpoints: 21653

    Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHorseplayer View Post
    He beat Vegas when it was possible to have an info edge, those days have been gone for decades. I don't listen to podcasts, talk shows, etc. so I don't know what he said but if he claims he's beating the books in this day and age, he's a liar.
    Why? I have no idea if he's doing it, but he books can definitely be beaten.

  29. #29
    povis
    povis's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-31-16
    Posts: 247
    Betpoints: 2836

    Can you beat the stock market, forex market, sports betting in 2024? Can you make consistent long-term profits? I do think yes but odds are not in your favor. Nowadays, when information travels very fast, it's hard to have an advantage over bookies.
    In the early 2000s, poker was very easy compared to today's games even at higher limits. I saw recently an old instructional poker video from around 2006, I play poker and I am far from an expert but even the teacher speaks very superficially he is playing cash game against a very weak player at $300-$600 blinds, good luck finding those games today.

  30. #30
    ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 04-04-11
    Posts: 31,511
    Betpoints: 24869

    Quote Originally Posted by povis View Post
    Can you beat the stock market, forex market, sports betting in 2024? Can you make consistent long-term profits? I do think yes but odds are not in your favor. Nowadays, when information travels very fast, it's hard to have an advantage over bookies.
    In the early 2000s, poker was very easy compared to today's games even at higher limits. I saw recently an old instructional poker video from around 2006, I play poker and I am far from an expert but even the teacher speaks very superficially he is playing cash game against a very weak player at $300-$600 blinds, good luck finding those games today.
    Your post is very good, povis. Hits on what I'm trying to say.

    Gets harder and harder to beat a game over time.

  31. #31
    DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever
    DrunkHorseplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 05-15-10
    Posts: 7,174
    Betpoints: 19581

    Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Munny View Post
    Oooohhh okay.

    So you've gone on record in this thread and others stating Billy Walters, as well as all other high profile cappers and/or touts absolutely are not making money doing this. I'm assuming joe lunchbucket isn't walking out of the sportsbook with duffel bags full of money either, so you're telling us you're the guy then? Is that correct? You're the one who's managed to carve out and maintain an edge after all the dust settles? You're him?

    Fascinating, you're a fascinating character study. I guess that explains why you continue to do what can't be done. You're that one in a million. It's a damn shame you don't share your picks more often. I'm guessing someone in your position has to maintain a low profile lest your blow your cover as the final boss the books have yet to defeat.

    Again, fascinating.
    As I stated previously, he beat the books with an info edge that one simply can't get today; he's a brilliant guy but he's not beating the books. Like touts, he gets a rep, rides with it and makes cash from morons like you who believe the hype.

    I don't claim to be the only one beating the books, only that it's very difficult to do. I know this is lost on you but most winners are those you don't hear about; if the public knows you, so do the books and you don't get to bet.

  32. #32
    Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-13-13
    Posts: 14,574
    Betpoints: 24921

    Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHorseplayer View Post
    As I stated previously, he beat the books with an info edge that one simply can't get today; he's a brilliant guy but he's not beating the books. Like touts, he gets a rep, rides with it and makes cash from morons like you who believe the hype.

    I don't claim to be the only one beating the books, only that it's very difficult to do. I know this is lost on you but most winners are those you don't hear about; if the public knows you, so do the books and you don't get to bet.
    Who are you calling a moron? I didn't even state an opinion on Billy Walters, jackass. I merely pointed out a major contradiction in your entire position. By your own admission you didn't even listen to the interview, but you're so adamant nonetheless.

    You go around lamenting the state of sportsbetting any chance you get, yet you insinuate that you're still beating odds, meanwhile anyone else who makes a similar claim is a liar. You wanna walk this tightrope by slinging mud at everyone, but keen to clarify that you still make money doing it.

    Okay great. Everyone is a charlatan, but there's this guy called "Drunk Horse Player" on SBR that just won't stop cashing tickets. I'm gonna go ahead and call bullshit on your dumbass. You're just another degen making annual donations, that's why you insist it can't be done, and anytime you hear otherwise you're triggered.

  33. #33
    DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever
    DrunkHorseplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 05-15-10
    Posts: 7,174
    Betpoints: 19581

    I'm calling you a moron, you moron; you just wanna be jjgold but in a stupid fukk way. My position is that beating the books is tough, that Billy Walters can't do it in this day and age and that the touts that advertise their superb records are bald-faced liars.

    I never insinuated that nobody but myself can win but I will say it again, the ones who truly win are the ones that you don't hear or know much about.

  34. #34
    Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-13-13
    Posts: 14,574
    Betpoints: 24921

    Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHorseplayer View Post
    I'm calling you a moron, you moron; you just wanna be jjgold but in a stupid fukk way. My position is that beating the books is tough, that Billy Walters can't do it in this day and age and that the touts that advertise their superb records are bald-faced liars.

    I never insinuated that nobody but myself can win but I will say it again, the ones who truly win are the ones that you don't hear or know much about.
    You default to name calling cause you've been exposed as an infantile blowhard with no leg to stand on.

    You just blindly shame anyone who's claimed any degree of success because you're a broke dikk loser.

  35. #35
    DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever
    DrunkHorseplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 05-15-10
    Posts: 7,174
    Betpoints: 19581

    Translation: Only blowhard infantile losers call people names you (insert name here).

123 Last
Top