1. #1
    trobin31
    trobin31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-09-14
    Posts: 9,597
    Betpoints: 10272

    Has Any Coach Lost a Super Bowl and then a national Title?

    Jim Harbough asking

  2. #2
    asiagambler
    asiagambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-23-17
    Posts: 6,358
    Betpoints: 30316

    Does Pete Carroll count ?

  3. #3
    Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-02-06
    Posts: 7,339
    Betpoints: 9566

    Only Pete Carroll, but in reverse.

  4. #4
    trobin31
    trobin31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-09-14
    Posts: 9,597
    Betpoints: 10272

    Yeah but Pete Carroll won a natty too before a SB, right

  5. #5
    homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-24-13
    Posts: 14,864
    Betpoints: 11005

    Quote Originally Posted by asiagambler View Post
    Does Pete Carroll count ?
    Pom Pom Pete has also won a natty (USC 2004 season thrashing Choke-lahoma) and 2013 season Super Bowl (Sea chickens thrashing Peyton omaha omaha broncos)

  6. #6
    trobin31
    trobin31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-09-14
    Posts: 9,597
    Betpoints: 10272

    So if Harbough loses, he would be the first to lose a SB, and then go on to lose a Natty. Just find it interesting

  7. #7
    asiagambler
    asiagambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-23-17
    Posts: 6,358
    Betpoints: 30316

    Quote Originally Posted by homie1975 View Post
    Pom Pom Pete has also won a natty (USC 2004 season thrashing Choke-lahoma)
    Until he was stripped of that title for cheating

    He can still claim 2003 though I guess

  8. #8
    Da Manster!
    Da Manster!'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-13-07
    Posts: 17,666
    Betpoints: 2678

    Quote Originally Posted by trobin31 View Post
    Yeah but Pete Carroll won a natty too before a SB, right
    Yes, but the first coach to WIN both a national championship and Super Bowl was Jimmy Johnson. (University of Miami, Dallas) and then Barry Switzer (Oklahoma, Dallas) and finally Pete Carroll (USC, Seattle)

  9. #9
    homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-24-13
    Posts: 14,864
    Betpoints: 11005

    Quote Originally Posted by asiagambler View Post
    Until he was stripped of that title for cheating

    He can still claim 2003 though I guess
    just like UM will be in the near future for 2023 :-)

  10. #10
    hehfest
    Tom, What do I do now?
    hehfest's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 09-28-08
    Posts: 7,856
    Betpoints: 4178

    Remember, Jim either went to OT in the SB or it was very close. It's not like he got clobbered in that game, and before the season SF was not some kind of favorite on the boards if I recall. I can't be sure. I just remember he took a team with less talent and turned them into barely losing the SB.

  11. #11
    bhoor
    bhoor's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-17-12
    Posts: 2,235
    Betpoints: 3632

    Sign stealing and Harbough suspension was that keeping public bet away from Michigan futures, as someone mentioned a few weeks back on Twitter. Most sports games are rigged by freemasons.

  12. #12
    Itsamazing777
    Not interested....
    Itsamazing777's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 11-14-12
    Posts: 11,151
    Betpoints: 3597

    You idiots still think the titles being stripped?

    Lolllll

    It was clearly stated as a level 2 violation which the penalty is NOTHING being taken away. Not that serious. Do your homework kids. CHAMPIONS. Bahahahah

  13. #13
    trobin31
    trobin31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-09-14
    Posts: 9,597
    Betpoints: 10272

    So I guess the current trend is a head coach who lost in Super Bowl are undefeated, 1-0 in National championship games hehehe

  14. #14
    homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-24-13
    Posts: 14,864
    Betpoints: 11005

    Quote Originally Posted by Itsamazing777 View Post
    You idiots still think the titles being stripped?

    Lolllll

    It was clearly stated as a level 2 violation which the penalty is NOTHING being taken away. Not that serious. Do your homework kids. CHAMPIONS. Bahahahah
    the NCAA investigation on the sign stealing, is not complete yet.

    I believe "lack of institutional control" will be the final determination from the NCAA.

    that may take years, but i am more than 90% certain it is coming.

    the Level 2 violation you are talking about is something altogether different.

    JJ and Jimmy H are both leaving :-)

  15. #15
    homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-24-13
    Posts: 14,864
    Betpoints: 11005

    Quote Originally Posted by Itsamazing777 View Post
    You idiots still think the titles being stripped?

    Lolllll

    It was clearly stated as a level 2 violation which the penalty is NOTHING being taken away. Not that serious. Do your homework kids. CHAMPIONS. Bahahahah
    combine it with the other penalties JH was accused of and was penalized for and it is rounding out to "lack of institutional control".

    - recruiting violations during the "dark period" during Pandemic where there should have not been any visits.
    - staffer accused of sports gambling
    - another staffer had child porn on his computer
    - another staffer went rogue trying to steal signs using tech (not allowed since 1994)
    - sign stealing operation

    UM is in trouble. it will take a little time but it is coming.

  16. #16
    hehfest
    Tom, What do I do now?
    hehfest's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 09-28-08
    Posts: 7,856
    Betpoints: 4178

    Quote Originally Posted by homie1975 View Post
    combine it with the other penalties JH was accused of and was penalized for and it is rounding out to "lack of institutional control".

    - recruiting violations during the "dark period" during Pandemic where there should have not been any visits.
    - staffer accused of sports gambling
    - another staffer had child porn on his computer
    - another staffer went rogue trying to steal signs using tech (not allowed since 1994)
    - sign stealing operation

    UM is in trouble. it will take a little time but it is coming.

    Homie did you fade the Wolverines down the stretch kid?

  17. #17
    homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-24-13
    Posts: 14,864
    Betpoints: 11005

    Quote Originally Posted by hehfest View Post
    Homie did you fade the Wolverines down the stretch kid?
    no.

    i just like to keep it real.

    no personal vendetta against them or JH.

    but to me this is quite clear.

    he was getting his arse kicked from 2015 through 2019 by ohio state and the welched out of 2020 to avoid another thrashing.

    then he started cheating in recruiting and started hiring questionable characters, among them conor stalions.

    JH wanted to win so badly that he sold his soul to the devil.

    incredible coach.

    but a cheater.

  18. #18
    19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 03-22-09
    Posts: 17,820
    Betpoints: 10201

    Quote Originally Posted by homie1975 View Post
    no.
    i just like to keep it real.
    no personal vendetta against them or JH.
    but to me this is quite clear.
    he was getting his arse kicked from 2015 through 2019 by ohio state and the welched out of 2020 to avoid another thrashing.
    then he started cheating in recruiting and started hiring questionable characters, among them conor stalions.JH wanted to win so badly that he sold his soul to the devil.incredible coach.but a cheater.
    ~~~

    Homie; "no personal vendetta against them or JH."

  19. #19
    trobin31
    trobin31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-09-14
    Posts: 9,597
    Betpoints: 10272

    Homie donít play dat

  20. #20
    homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-24-13
    Posts: 14,864
    Betpoints: 11005

    Quote Originally Posted by 19th Hole View Post
    ~~~

    Homie; "no personal vendetta against them or JH."
    i am just being honest about the fact pattern.

    i have been following JH's coaching career since Day One at Stanford.

    i have always rooted for him.

    saw him play in the Rose Bowl as UM QB.
    i had no personal vendetta against OJ or casey anthony either.

    i am just stating facts.

Top