Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25482

Mario Cristobal Just Screwed the Pooch... Mega Coaching Blunder

Hurricanes could've gotten into the victory formation and won a tightly contested ball game 20-17 but continued to run plays, losing a controversial fumble that stood upon review and turning the ball over with 26 seconds left.

Tech then connects on two huge pass plays, the second of which gave them the go ahead touchdown.

Unreal.

goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2288

i cant believe what i saw. I just dont get that level of stupidity. One that you dont kneel and then two you dont have one intelligent DB that knows no matter what stay as the furthest player back on the last play of the game. In one game everything that coach did is gone. They just became the same old Miami.
    Cristobal has done this a few times, Oregon vs Stanford in 2018 of the top of my head but not to this epic level
    Points Awarded:

Da Manster! gave goduke 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

johnnyvegas13
    johnnyvegas13's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 150

Crazy ending

welcome to March madness

Eddy Munny

Quote Originally Posted by goduke View Post
    i cant believe what i saw. I just dont get that level of stupidity. One that you dont kneel and then two you dont have one intelligent DB that knows no matter what stay as the furthest player back on the last play of the game. In one game everything that coach did is gone. They just became the same old Miami.
    Cristobal has done this a few times, Oregon vs Stanford in 2018 of the top of my head but not to this epic level
    I think on the final pass play Canes defenders were thinking "keep them from getting into field goal range" and the receiver slipped behind the coverage as King extended the play with his feet... But not taking a knee to ice the game is inexcusable and Cristobal knew it as the nightmare unfolded. He looked absolutely shell shocked at the end.

johnnyvegas13
    johnnyvegas13's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 150

Miami players r famous for being dumb

how do u assume a coach mistake

goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2288

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Munny View Post
    I think on the final pass play Canes defenders were thinking "keep them from getting into field goal range" and the receiver slipped behind the coverage as King extended the play with his feet... But not taking a knee to ice the game is inexcusable and Cristobal knew it as the nightmare unfolded. He looked absolutely shell shocked at the end.
    Yeah they probably were but they should be confident that they could beat a team like that long term over multiple plays than being that worried about a tie game on one play.

Eddy Munny

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyvegas13 View Post

Assume ​a coaching mistake? If that wasn't a coaching mistake what would you call it?

I mean I know you're dumb and everything but at least string two posts together without going full retard.
    Points Awarded:

Da Manster! gave Eddy Munny 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

getaloadoffatso
    getaloadoffatso's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2203

Obviously Cristobal had GaTech moneyline

There is no other logical explanation for how that could happen
    Points Awarded:

Da Manster! gave getaloadoffatso 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7239

I think Johnny is a ghost of Eddy and he types dumb shit so he can then turn around and get the thrill of putting someone in his place.

“Let’s see what’s the dumbest thing I can think of oh I got it ‘ players is dumb how do u assume a coach mistake’ oh I’m gonna get me for this one!”

asiagambler
    asiagambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 31397

Embarrassing

dxp
    dxp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 816

coaches in all leagues get arrogant and cocky. it's rare you get to see it blow up in their face this bad, so it was awesome. he was probably pissed they only put up 20 points, the turnovers and needed to come back in the 4th.. so he was going to make them run it out until the end. what can go wrong? tech only had like 180 total yards, so they'd need 2 miracles. not going to happen. except, it did.

it was a bad game for the canes, tough shit. he should have been thrilled they finished it off and taken the knee. there was nothing to gain at the end, just some stupid "i'm going to make you guys work until the last second because you played poorly" type crap.
    Points Awarded:

mjsuax13 gave dxp 10 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4094

Unreal

Da Manster!
    Da Manster!'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 117

As a canes fan, this absolutely disgusts me on many levels. first and foremost, get rid of those hideous garbage black uniforms! Black isn't even one of the school's team's color for fuks sake! but yeah absolutely unconscionable that a coach of Cristobal's pedigree can be that damn dumb and stupid enough not to take a knee in that situation, go in victory formation, and secure the win!

Da Manster!
    Da Manster!'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 117

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyvegas13 View Post

an idiotic and stupid post like this is warrant enough to get a lifetime ban from SBR. Good thing I'm not a mod.

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 26183

Quote Originally Posted by getaloadoffatso View Post
    Obviously Cristobal had GaTech moneyline

There is no other logical explanation for how that could happen
    Props to the game announcer for calling this out BEFORE the fumble happened. Sorry, I don't know his name:

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 26183

3:10 Class fans. They throw the water-bottles at the Jacket players after guy scores the TD.

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 46616

No excuse for not locking up a win when you can.

As someone mentioned, this is not the first time Cristobal has done this.

I do not understand it and he should be raked over the coals for his decision.

bjb7223
    bjb7223's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9082

Quote Originally Posted by Da Manster! View Post
    As a canes fan, this absolutely disgusts me on many levels. first and foremost, get rid of those hideous garbage black uniforms! Black isn't even one of the school's team's color for fuks sake! but yeah absolutely unconscionable that a coach of Cristobal's pedigree can be that damn dumb and stupid enough not to take a knee in that situation, go in victory formation, and secure the win!
    As a canes fan too I know Cristobal will eventually get fired, he is a moron. Ken Dorsey should of been the Canes head coach, even Stevie Wonder can see this.
    Points Awarded:

Da Manster! gave bjb7223 3 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 3 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Da Manster!, JAKEPEAVY21, and Headsterx

Eddy Munny

Haynes King is the new Doug Flutie.

VeggieDog
    VeggieDog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21497

"Not going to make an excuse for it, say we should've done this or that," Miami coach Mario Cristobal said of not taking a knee. "That's it. We should've done it. Sometimes you get carried away with just, finish the game and run it. I should've stepped in and said, 'Hey, just take a knee.'"

Said Georgia Tech coach Brent Key: "We kind of thought they were taking a knee."

DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever
    DrunkHorseplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20218

Check out Washington St. vs Colorado St. in the bowl game in 2013. Mike Leach elects to run plays instead of kneeling and punting with minimal time left; fumble, recovery, TD, CSU wins.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 700

Quote Originally Posted by VeggieDog View Post
    "Not going to make an excuse for it, say we should've done this or that," Miami coach Mario Cristobal said of not taking a knee. "That's it. We should've done it. Sometimes you get carried away with just, finish the game and run it. I should've stepped in and said, 'Hey, just take a knee.'"

Said Georgia Tech coach Brent Key: "We kind of thought they were taking a knee."
    So his offensive coordinator said lets run a run play and he hears it on the headphones and says nothing to him? Doesn't look like he wants to take responsbility.

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 46616

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    So his offensive coordinator said lets run a run play and he hears it on the headphones and says nothing to him? Doesn't look like he wants to take responsbility.
    Not many take responsibility for their actions these days(one of the many reasons the country is diminishing)....

At the end of the day, he is the head coach and could've/should've stepped in....It is even more unfathomable since this has happened on his watch before while at Oregon and he did not learn his lesson.