Reload
    Winning Aint Easy
    Reload's Avatar SBR Posting Legend

Lot of bad picks out there for this weekend’s games

Can’t believe all I’ve seen from sharps, content providers, and everyone else. Going to be a record-good weekend for the books. Fade away and you will collect!

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator

Throw us football squares a bone or two Reload!

Which ones?

johnnyvegas13
    johnnyvegas13's Avatar BARRELED IN @ SBR!

Ok not mention 1 gm

thx for the great advice

actiondan
    actiondan's Avatar SBR MVP

such as?

Reload
    Winning Aint Easy

OK let’s start with Texas-Oklahoma. Way too many on Texas. Same with other marquee faves today.

And how about Bengals-Cardinals on Sunday? Seen many acting like the Bengals are the best bet of the whole year. Fade and you will collect.

It’s October now, guys. The books letting everyone cash their crappy chalk plays, money line parlays, and teasers through September just reel them all in. Time for the house to strike back hard.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Optional

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar BARRELED IN @ SBR!

Props, Reload. These lines are pretty sharp nowadays.

IMHO, the Value Bettors are on Oklahoma. And the # has dipped. I have to question where the true value is:
    *A lot of the rags are on Oklahoma.

*49-0 revenge makes for an ez Okla justification.
    *Gabriel is playing great, admittedly versus a soft schedule.

Oklahoma looks live. Seems like the Sooners are getting bet quite a bit. I have my doubts on how this plays out.

ChuckyTheGoat

And the NFL game you reference is a tricky one, too. Bengal line has eroded based on their poor play.

The ticket % sites I look at have more bets on the Cardinals. That's unusual for a Dog.

Also, first week that Burrow didn't show up on the injury rpt. Maybe he's feeling better.

stevex
    stevex's Avatar SBR Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by Reload View Post
    OK let’s start with Texas-Oklahoma. Way too many on Texas. Same with other marquee faves today.

And how about Bengals-Cardinals on Sunday? Seen many acting like the Bengals are the best bet of the whole year. Fade and you will collect.

It’s October now, guys. The books letting everyone cash their crappy chalk plays, money line parlays, and teasers through September just reel them all in. Time for the house to strike back hard.
    Agreed. This weekend could be a bloodbath for the chalk players/joe blows of the world.

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR Posting Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckyTheGoat View Post
    And the NFL game you reference is a tricky one, too. Bengal line has eroded based on their poor play.

The ticket % sites I look at have more bets on the Cardinals. That's unusual for a Dog.

Also, first week that Burrow didn't show up on the injury rpt. Maybe he's feeling better.
    Heard that he came out of the last game feeling better than he had all year. Good week of practice as well. Doesn’t make it a play but I was all over Arizona last Monday.
    Rethinking my enthusiasm now. Might go lighter, might pass but would never jump sides. Not how I roll.
    GL if you play.

ChuckyTheGoat

Quote Originally Posted by str View Post
    Heard that he came out of the last game feeling better than he had all year. Good week of practice as well. Doesn’t make it a play but I was all over Arizona last Monday.
    Rethinking my enthusiasm now. Might go lighter, might pass but would never jump sides. Not how I roll.
    GL if you play.
    Thank you, str. That's good info. Appreciate it.

My logic = Bengals or Pass. If Burrow is healthier, that explains the 1-3 start.

The # on this game is much shorter than it was on the Look-ahead line. ARIZ has exceeded expectations. Would love to play Bengals -2.5.

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR Posting Legend

Thank you, str. That's good info. Appreciate it.

My logic = Bengals or Pass. If Burrow is healthier, that explains the 1-3 start.

The # on this game is much shorter than it was on the Look-ahead line. ARIZ has exceeded expectations. Would love to play Bengals -2.5.
    No question he is healthier. Just don’t know if he is healthy enough. He’s been stuck in the pocket and easy to defend. Keeps his receivers from getting vertical. Just press cover .
    As soon as he can rollout or even take it upfield all this will turn around. One more after this week and then the bye week. Should be a play on team coming off that and going forward if he can get and stay healthy. His mobility opens up everything else. That’s what it looks like to me.
    We’ll see. GL Chucky.

ChuckyTheGoat

Quote Originally Posted by str View Post
    No question he is healthier. Just don’t know if he is healthy enough. He’s been stuck in the pocket and easy to defend. Keeps his receivers from getting vertical. Just press cover .
    As soon as he can rollout or even take it upfield all this will turn around. One more after this week and then the bye week. Should be a play on team coming off that and going forward if he can get and stay healthy. His mobility opens up everything else. That’s what it looks like to me.
    We’ll see. GL Chucky.
    Ya. I see the line is ticking UP. I think that's reflecting the reports on his health.

I know it's just one guy. But this team is so tied to Burrow's health. They hit a lot of big plays when Burrow is healthy, which is obviously not the case so far this year.

johnnyvegas13
    johnnyvegas13's Avatar BARRELED IN @ SBR!

Ya. I see the line is ticking UP. I think that's reflecting the reports on his health.

I know it's just one guy. But this team is so tied to Burrow's health. They hit a lot of big plays when Burrow is healthy, which is obviously not the case so far this year.
    U think bengals can turn the corner after the bye w healthy burrow

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator

Question for the OP?

Would you rather be on the losing end of a so called 'right play', or collecting on a wager of a so called 'wrong side'?

Like the blind squirrel finding the acorn and the broken clock being right twice a day, 'squares' have been known to go on heaters every now and again.

Huey Lewis made a boatload of money singing about it's hip to be square.
    (And who doesn't love Huey)?

"You might think I'm crazy, but I don't even care.
    Cuz I can tell what's going on.
    It's hip to be square"

ChuckyTheGoat

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyvegas13 View Post
    U think bengals can turn the corner after the bye w healthy burrow
    I'm no Nostradamus. But I did just a bet a little CIN -3 (-110).

I think the field opens up when Joe feels better.

Jowframs
    Jowframs's Avatar SBR Hall of Famer

Anything else stand out?
    Looks like high ranked teams
    struggling

Reload
    Winning Aint Easy

Quote Originally Posted by Jowframs View Post
    Anything else stand out?
    Looks like high ranked teams
    struggling
    Yes, keep fading the ranked faves. It’s the way to go today and usually every October.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Jowframs

stevenash

Yes, keep fading the ranked faves. It’s the way to go today and usually every October.
    Spot on.
    Even though they are both ranked, I'm on the home bow-wow Sooners.

Love me those home doggies.

texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR Hall of Famer

Home??? Come on man this is a neutral game every year Nasher

Either way we got a good one here as you have surely seen I’m on the same side

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by texhooper View Post
    Home??? Come on man this is a neutral game every year Nasher

Either way we got a good one here as you have surely seen I’m on the same side
    Yeah, that was my weekly brain fart.
    I'm good for one of those a week, and there it is.

As I like to always say...
    "I don't like to think on weekends, it hurts"

Sadly, I knew better.

texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR Hall of Famer

Hey if y’all ever want to hire a forum police I’d be good for that.

All good though man, winning cures all as they say

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar BARRELED IN @ SBR!

This guy is a clown

stevex
    stevex's Avatar SBR Hall of Famer

The public has been EATING in college foots this year. I have to admit, I was with OP on this being the week for dogs but doesn’t look like it at all.

ChuckyTheGoat

Quote Originally Posted by stevex View Post
    The public has been EATING in college foots this year. I have to admit, I was with OP on this being the week for dogs but doesn’t look like it at all.
    Interesting. I see your point. So hard to spring an upset in Coll FB nowadays.

Some of the big upsets really wound up where the Dog was the better team:
    *Duke > Clemson
    *Texas St > Baylor

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar BARRELED IN @ SBR!

You guys do realize that oddsmakers adjuster their strategies year after year?

Let me give you a very simple example....Who got 2nd place last year in the Pick 6 Contest? I played purely shit lines that made no sense (favoring dogs)

If you did that this year to date.... you would be destroyed....Take that for what it it is worth...