IBetYou
    IBetYou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16670

Quote Originally Posted by ThaTopMoron View Post
    that 3 was a gut punch to the Lakers to end the 3rd

that fluke 3 doesn't go down Lakers won the 3rd by 7... and that is why I will be betting Lakers for the series if they do indeed lose this game
    No mama there goes that man, from Mark Jackson going into break

(left him entirely off the MVP ballot and didn't think anyone would find out!)

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12949

Lakers have a shot in game 2. They made game 1 close in the end. There is hope yet for Laker fans!

They just need to win one game up in Denver to change the dynamics of this series. Game 2 will be big!

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7762

Buying any more?

What about tonight?

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25488

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Buying any more?

What about tonight?
    I might increase my exposure with a little dip on the game plus the points tonight, but I'm not adding to my futures, I'll ride or die with what I have.

Game one didn't spook me that much, I saw a lot of encouraging signs. The three guard Laker starting lineup against a team as big as the Nuggets was kinda what sparked DEN's run to start the game, they dominated the boards. It'll be interesting to see how the game plays out tonight knowing the Lakers found some stuff that worked in the 2H, but inevitably Denver will adjust to the adjustments.

Also looking to see how they use Russell going forward, he is too much of a playmaker to leave on the bench but he was bad on both offense and defense in game one.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7762

Fair enough good luck

RunBookRun
    RunBookRun's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1409

I just want ot reiterate (b4 G2 starts) that the Lakers have zero chance in this series. Tread lightly if you are thinking Lakers are going to beat this Denver team 4 out of 6 games.

Lakers scored 126 pts ON the road.. Anthony Davis scored 40 pts.. and they lost. AD will not score 40 again this series, and they need more than that.

gauchojake
    Huck Fobos
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13931

Quote Originally Posted by RunBookRun View Post
    I just want ot reiterate (b4 G2 starts) that the Lakers have zero chance in this series. Tread lightly if you are thinking Lakers are going to beat this Denver team 4 out of 6 games.

Lakers scored 126 pts ON the road.. Anthony Davis scored 40 pts.. and they lost. AD will not score 40 again this series, and they need more than that.
    Ok we'll make sure these predictions lives on.

Eddy Munny

Right now we're seeing the difference between a team that can play defense and one that struggles to.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7184

how much you putting on DEN down just 5 at half... would be a lot more if the Lakers didn't go cold and miss 10 shots in a row + LeBron blowing that dunk

LA survived that... they won't do that in the 2nd half

Eddy Munny

Rui has been an absolute blessing to this team. They'd be lost at times without him.

Eddy Munny

Welp, time for LAL to take both games at home or else it's curtains

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 700

I think I will buy Lakers now. Low risk high reward.

raiders72001
    raiders72001's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16206

Brick missed 19 straight 3s in the 4th Q.

https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1659400380114169856

RunBookRun

Quote Originally Posted by ThaTopMoron View Post
    how much you putting on DEN down just 5 at half... would be a lot more if the Lakers didn't go cold and miss 10 shots in a row + LeBron blowing that dunk

LA survived that... they won't do that in the 2nd half
    was already out to dinner at Halftime, I avoid making plays if my attention needs to be on someone, they can feel your distraction. I made a big play for Denver on series, and topped it off after game 1, thinking would be best price I would ever see. If Lakers somehow tie up series, I would again triple down, did same last series vs. Phx.

Jokic passing is the problem. Can't double him. Ever.
    No one person can contain him.
    Can't leave anybody else open for easy layup.

If Jokic has ball, someone cuts and he gets it to them. They are all trained now. They don't wait. All synchronized.

Even if Jokic has ball and nobody cuts, Jokic makes long distance 3 (end 3rd, G1) Frustration visible gesturing with open hand prior to shot. Jk. expecting someone to cut, somewhere.

Whole thing is unmanageable.

RunBookRun

Series will go 5 or 6. I hope 6.

RunBookRun

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    I think I will buy Lakers now. Low risk high reward.
    If 0% chance of winning, wager is beyond high risk.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6379

Jokic passing is the problem. Can't double him. Ever.
    No one person can contain him.
    Can't leave anybody else open for easy layup.

If Jokic has ball, someone cuts and he gets it to them. They are all trained now. They don't wait. All synchronized.

Even if Jokic has ball and nobody cuts, Jokic makes long distance 3 (end 3rd, G1) Frustration visible gesturing with open hand prior to shot. Jk. expecting someone to cut, somewhere.

Whole thing is unmanageable.
    seems a zone would take care of that but Ive noticed the nba doesnt like to do things defensively that make sense guess it'd take away from the entertainment value

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    seems a zone would take care of that but Ive noticed the nba doesnt like to do things defensively that make sense guess it'd take away from the entertainment value
    Never thought I'd say this... but I sort of miss those totals deeper into the playoffs that were around 188.5 etc. I even remember a Lakers vs Celtics series being in Vegas... and everyone and their mother was on the Over at 179.5 in the Finals. Naturally the under cashed mysteriously.

In last night's game I liked the play in which Murray looked like he had an easy 2 driving to the rim... but Russell came out of nowhere and hammered Murray... nothing Flagrant at all. That was total BS they called that a Flagrant 1. A good hard play on the ball. He hit his arm holding the ball. How is that NOT A BASKETBALL PLAY? Nobody wants to watch a non competitive basketball game in which you wear dresses and fly up and down the court with no defense.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6379

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    Never thought I'd say this... but I sort of miss those totals deeper into the playoffs that were around 188.5 etc. I even remember a Lakers vs Celtics series being in Vegas... and everyone and their mother was on the Over at 179.5 in the Finals. Naturally the under cashed mysteriously.

In last night's game I liked the play in which Murray looked like he had an easy 2 driving to the rim... but Russell came out of nowhere and hammered Murray... nothing Flagrant at all. That was total BS they called that a Flagrant 1. A good hard play on the ball. He hit his arm holding the ball. How is that NOT A BASKETBALL PLAY? Nobody wants to watch a non competitive basketball game in which you wear dresses and fly up and down the court with no defense.
    said the same thing about that play and others and the phantom fouls I see being called its why I lost interest in the nba

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 700

If 0% chance of winning, wager is beyond high risk.
    Many teams came back after 0-2 on the road. And Lakers have The G.O.A.T. The best player in the history of basketball.

First 123