guitarjosh
    guitarjosh's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9207

Did you forget the last time the Rams were in the Super Bowl?

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    OP literally one of the 3 or 4 worst posters on this site
    The board probably going to fade that opinion like they fade your picks & meal reviews.

Keep up the good work, your commentary is cute- nice to see amateurs contributing.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: eidolon

pilebuck13
    pilebuck13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1717

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post
    The board probably going to fade that opinion like they fade your picks & meal reviews.

Keep up the good work, your commentary is cute- nice to see amateurs contributing.
    Who the fuk brags about a Ruth Chris steak I mean really? Yah Brock we are over the meal reviews pal

clockwise1965
    clockwise1965's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18366

Quote Originally Posted by edawg View Post
    Should be more worried about your GM guy literally knows nothing about football but he even knew enough to want Harbaugh.

The vikes new GM is black so that makes him qualifyed for the job.

He is a failed wall st guy and was let go by the worst NFL franchise in history the Browns.

Vikes are in a lot of trouble

cecil127
    Horses and Hockey Biatch!
    cecil127's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6871

Awww, did swombody wooose all dare $$$$?
    some crying whiney bitches are more entertaining than others…this is one of those instances
    Last edited by cecil127; 02-14-22 at 06:48 AM.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32811

Quote Originally Posted by pilebuck13 View Post
    Who the fuk brags about a Ruth Chris steak I mean really? Yah Brock we are over the meal reviews pal
    Ruth Chris?
    In the 90's they were status.
    Elite.
    So was Sony.

Now Ruth Chris is just another run of the mill steak house.

7deuceoff$uit
    7deuceoff$uit's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1756

I thought halftime was good, not great but good. Literally thought 50 cent was going to pass out while hanging upside down-surprised more people don't feel his performance was bad.

clockwise1965
    clockwise1965's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18366

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    Ruth Chris?
    In the 90's they were status.
    Elite.
    So was Sony.

Now Ruth Chris is just another run of the mill steak house.
    Times have changed.You can find Ruth Chris quality steak joints in strip mall and Sony is RB for the Rams.

deltgen
    deltgen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4528

Kirk is having a career like Rivers.

He's going into the HOF with tremendous numbers and annual high caliber performance. Honestly, a keen of consistency and achievement atvQB we've never seen before here in Minny....but he may not get a ring....it's sad.

He will be the best of the rest

Kirk
    Marino
    Rivers
    Moon
    Kelly
    Fouts
    Romo
    Luck
    Fats--you're alright, and while I agree that Cousins is better than most give him credit for, saying that he is better than Marino or Fouts???? I hope that was a drunk post.

Mike Huntertz
    Mike Huntertz's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22524

I got really lucky this year, a first!
    Lost all my bets that are never large but bigger than usual.
    Bought a couple of squares at the bar. One score was Rams 3-0
    Won half and final......$700....biggest SB win ever for me.

Regul8er
    Wordd
    Regul8er's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4101

The Halftime Show was absolutely fantastic. Anyone who says otherwise doesnt know much about a great performance. The people who didnt like it would rather see Elton John on a piano or maybe Rod Stewart, lol.

stake1
    stake1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2438

Yeah props to dre. Cost him $7 million for the halftime show. one last chance at the spotlight in front of a huge audience

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 32138

Quote Originally Posted by 7deuceoff$uit View Post
    I thought halftime was good, not great but good. Literally thought 50 cent was going to pass out while hanging upside down-surprised more people don't feel his performance was bad.

jackpot269
    jackpot269's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8069

Beer has become a very interesting topic nationally. You probably didn't know that the Justice Dept is investigating collusion among brewers and considering breaking up the current brewing conglomerates.

What's happening is, consolidation among brewers has lead to consolidation among wholesalers, which were historically mid sized family type operations, tied to a few separate brewers.

The local Distribution network (inventory) would shrink or inflate w a brands sales. I.E. Budweiser sales drop 3% annually, you'd reduce your inventory forecasts as such.

However, the industry is so consolidated now that it cannot survive with declining beer consumption, so it forces "share of mind" contingencies in its contracts and forces the distributors to take on all new products.

All new products means everything now. A brewer might see a 5% decline in traditional beer sales...so it makes up that volume by creating new brands w limited viability and pushes them into the marketplace.

You saw 0% alcohol ads, seltzer ads and no traditional beer ads because AB-InBev needs to push its new creations on the distribution network/ consumer to compensate for the reduction in beer consumption or else the breweries won't stay up & running.

Same thing w EV cars. There's so much free government money, incentives, subsidies out there manufacturers that it's almost not plausible to continue a traditional combustion engine w more than 4 cylinders. The consumer isn't buying it thou...so like the brewers, they will push the new shit into the marketplace thru their retailer network to keep the car plants up & running.
    This is nothing knew, when I was in route sales in early 90's you were reminded of this every Monday morning at sales meeting. They also pay a higher price for products until they meet a number like 3% over last year sales then price drops and when you meet the next number say 5% over last year you will get a rebate at end of year for every case sold say .50 I was in small market we sold 5 million cases last year I did route sales so thats 2.5 million in rebate if you make your number. about Oct. if you were behind on numbers they start pushing the fuk out of that sh!t!!

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by Regul8er View Post
    The Halftime Show was absolutely fantastic. Anyone who says otherwise doesnt know much about a great performance. The people who didnt like it would rather see Elton John on a piano or maybe Rod Stewart, lol.
    I thought it was outstanding as well.

Funny you should post this.
    Just 20 minutes ago I just read a piece in this mornings The Athletic.
    They ranked that show last night fourth all time greatest HT shows.
    They only start from 1992 onward, pre 1991 the HT shows weren't 'production'

MinnesotaFats

Quote Originally Posted by jackpot269 View Post
    This is nothing knew, when I was in route sales in early 90's you were reminded of this every Monday morning at sales meeting. They also pay a higher price for products until they meet a number like 3% over last year sales then price drops and when you meet the next number say 5% over last year you will get a rebate at end of year for every case sold say .50 I was in small market we sold 5 million cases last year I did route sales so thats 2.5 million in rebate if you make your number. about Oct. if you were behind on numbers they start pushing the fuk out of that sh!t!!
    Yup, and it's getting so bad in beer because of the lack of diversity in US macro brewery ownership.

They are shoving this shit into the marketplace at prices that aren't supported by product. The producers almost expect the products to die out, but so long as they've gotten it thru the wholesale network, the checks been cashed so to speak.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehill...ing-more%3famp

Study just released Friday by Justice. Same study cites that consumers pay about $600M more, per year, than they should, for traditional beers, due to lack of macro brewery competition

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7917

the halftime show was the worst ever. 1 out of 10

The game was a 6.7 out of 10

At least it was close.

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 32138

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    I thought it was outstanding as well.

Funny you should post this.
    Just 20 minutes ago I just read a piece in this mornings The Athletic.
    They ranked that show last night fourth all time greatest HT shows.
    They only start from 1992 onward, pre 1991 the HT shows weren't 'production'
    What were the top 3?

Mike Huntertz

Quote Originally Posted by captrobey View Post
    I thought the commercials were Ok better then last year . I thought i was watching a BLM rally at Halftime though only white guy was the tuba player. The only performer i liked was Snoop Dog and i do not like rap but i liked him. The Football guys coming out of the TV i liked the best i laughed pretty good at that one. The e-trade baby was a surprise. The Dr Evil and the Barbie one was really good. The worst one had to be the scan code floating around the screen i was like to my wife WTH is that. Do they really think that many people are going to stand up and walk to the TV and scan it ? Oh you know what i thought the most clever one was. The ad that the girl said (I think it was draftking ) she said they put 1 million in 3 different accounts .Use it today or lose it. So i have not played there in like a year but i sure as hell looked because if i had a million in there and blew it i would forever hate myself for not looking. How many people went on there to just look. And someone like me is who they would put it into someone that does not play there a lot so they may miss it and blow the million. So yup i looked. No million but they did get me to look.
    My wife thought it was a BLM rally also. I loved DR Evil ad and oh ya, liked the game. That thing before the HT show and then after it.

DwightShrute

Quote Originally Posted by 19th Hole View Post
    Forgettable inept Super Bowl.
    Perfect half-time "entertainment" gave me time for a cat-nap.
    Hit both plays large (CINN +4, Game under 48.5) to end the season, so there's that.

spot on.

I went 2 for 3 winning Cincy +4 and the coin toss but losing the over.

Miami Dolphins in the Super Bowl next year

DwightShrute

stake1
    stake1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2438

Quote Originally Posted by DwightShrute View Post

spot on.

I went 2 for 3 winning Cincy +4 and the coin toss but losing the over.

Miami Dolphins in the Super Bowl next year
    Some very nice odds on the dolphins to win it next year: +$4,000

MinnesotaFats

Quote Originally Posted by DiggityDaggityDo View Post
    What were the top 3?
    Gotta be Prince in 07
    Timberlake 2016???

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by DiggityDaggityDo View Post
    What were the top 3?
    I'd supply the link but it's paid subscription only.

3. Coldplay, Beyoncé, Bruno Mars (2016)

Beyond the spectacular performances, the messaging from each artist is what catapulted this show up the rankings. Most artists don’t want to do anything that will hurt their future earnings. But when you’re at the level of Beyoncé, who is above reproach, you get to do what you want. She wasn’t new to this, she was true to this, having already done her first Super Bowl three years prior.
    At this point, all bets are off, like wearing Black Panther-inspired uniforms … and releasing “Formation,” the video that addressed racism, colorism and police misconduct. Remember, this was all before Kaepernick began his silent protest later that August. Coldplay rolled out a message of love during their sets. I appreciate when artists use their platform regardless of the repercussions. Obviously, there are fans who don’t want to see the NFL do anything related to pro-Blackness or being pro-LGBTQ, but guess what!? They had to deal with it, and it meant a lot, especially to people like me, who are in both communities.

2. Michael Jackson (1993)

We wouldn’t be having this conversation right now if it wasn’t for Michael Jackson, who had an unforgettable performance, and Fox, which aired a special episode of “In Living Color” the year before that attracted viewers away from the halftime telecast. Fox’s maneuver gave the NFL the motivation it desperately needed to stop having acts like Elvis impersonators and Up With the People perform during the midway point of the game. The league also brought Jackson in when he was still at the peak of his popularity. He intensely stood on the stage for 90 seconds to let the lucky folks in attendance absorb his energy — well done. This would’ve taken the top spot had Jackson dug more into his deep well of hits.
    1. Prince and the Florida A&M marching band (2007)

Even if it didn’t rain during Prince’s performance of “Purple Rain,” this halftime show would still remain at the No. 1 spot. There was a great deal of anticipation for Prince’s performance, and the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame artist exceeded it by leaps and bounds. No one before nor after has gotten close to him. If anyone didn’t know who he was before this show — extremely hard to believe, I know — then I imagine they went running to check out his entire catalog shortly thereafter. In addition to being a tremendous singer, Prince simply put on a performance for the ages. His halftime show is the best we’ve ever seen, similar to how Whitney Houston’s rendition of the national anthem is considered the greatest of all time.

DwightShrute

Quote Originally Posted by Regul8er View Post
    Not true at all. Its a matter of taste is all.

I watched it and kept thinking to myself "seriously? how can anyone find this entertaining?" I ain't judging.

Some guys love fat chics. I ain't judging.

Some people love mushrooms. I ain't judging.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: stake1

Mike Huntertz

Not true at all. Its a matter of taste is all.

I watched it and kept thinking to myself "seriously? how can anyone find this entertaining?" I ain't judging.

Some guys love fat chics. I ain't judging.

Some people love mushrooms. I ain't judging.
    Yup. You're a fan of that genre or you're not. Has nothing to do with intelligence.

Goldenboy73
    Goldenboy73's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8768

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Huntertz View Post
    Yup. You're a fan of that genre or you're not. Has nothing to do with intelligence.
    I'm a fan of some of that genre.
    And I'm a dirty white boy, and thought that show was great.

Regul8er
    Wordd
    Regul8er's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4101

The set/stage was awesome too.

10 out of 10 with a trip down memory lane. I think most folks in their 30s and 40s would agree.

bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8819

My wife thought it was a BLM rally also. I loved DR Evil ad and oh ya, liked the game. That thing before the HT show and then after it.
    Is there any a type of music performance a group of black people could do without someone saying if looks like a BLM rally?

jackpot269
    jackpot269's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8069

Yup, and it's getting so bad in beer because of the lack of diversity in US macro brewery ownership.

They are shoving this shit into the marketplace at prices that aren't supported by product. The producers almost expect the products to die out, but so long as they've gotten it thru the wholesale network, the checks been cashed so to speak.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehill...ing-more%3famp

Study just released Friday by Justice. Same study cites that consumers pay about $600M more, per year, than they should, for traditional beers, due to lack of macro brewery competition

I dont disagree at all!! Read an Article about a month ago that was just about the evolution of mirco brewers, I wish I had the link but I dont. It was a good read

DwightShrute

the Dr. Evil clip was definitely the best thing other than the game which was good. Not great but good. The commercial with the Barbie dolls was really creepy and lame AF

but Larry David's commercial was good ( I think he's funny) ...

captrobey
    captrobey's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10410

Yea the N word was thrown in there a couple times once by snoop in the very beginning was surprised he did that . Game was Ok everything better then last year at least. Still want to know how the White Tuba player got in there maybe Blacks cannot play Tuba like Whites cannot dunk .OMG you know what would have been hilarious and it would have made it just 100xs better because of how much i would have laughed you put all the people on there White and in the crowd a guy dressed up like a jar of Mayo randomly running around. 100xs better.

captrobey
    captrobey's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10410

the Dr. Evil clip was definitely the best thing other than the game which was good. Not great but good. The commercial with the Barbie dolls was really creepy and lame AF

but Larry David's commercial was good ( I think he's funny) ...

That was good but my favorite has to be all the Football guys coming out of the TV . They made them look like giant guys until you see the one shot of them looking up at the kids i was on the floor at the point.

DwightShrute

Quote Originally Posted by captrobey View Post
    That was good but my favorite has to be all the Football guys coming out of the TV . They made them look like giant guys until you see the one shot of them looking up at the kids i was on the floor at the point.
    hey that was good. I must have been making a drink or taking a leak at the time

First 123 Last