7 year/$220m

Didn't think this would happen.

Means Rendon gone.

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 93

i did was a money grab all along he wasn't leaving

good on him will have another few good seasons then become washed up overpaid bum

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR
    USCPHILLYGUY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29335

Here philly pushing hard for Rendon

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster
    kidcudi92's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnatikid513 View Post
    i did was a money grab all along he wasn't leaving

good on him will have another few good seasons then become washed up overpaid bum
    Doubt the washed up part, however I worry about the injury angle with him

Only over 200innings twice

unlearn
    unlearn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15343

Should have paid Rendon instead

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

wow

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Rendon lol

Wash won because of Straus

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Kid has come a long long way

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7635

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Rendon lol

Exactly

thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by funnyb25 View Post
    7 year/$220m

Means Rendon gone.
    Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post

Exactly
    Nationals never would have gotten t the playoffs if not for rendon, he was huge.

mdunlap3
    mdunlap3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4843

Dumb. Had a good season but feels like he is nearing the back end of his career. Rendon feels like the better move to me personally, but here in DC people have an attachment to Strasburg because of his history with the team.

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Rendon lol

they already have good starting pitching with max and corbin, they need hitting and rendon plays every day should of paid rendon

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by funnyb25 View Post
    7 year/$220m

Means Rendon gone.
    I thought he stay. I don’t think it means they won’t pay rendon, these Mfers can afford it. I could never see them letting this team break up after winning it all, they not the marlins!!

2daBank

they already have good starting pitching with max and corbin, they need hitting and rendon plays every day should of paid rendon
    Disagree with this, pitching trumps a bat and stras fukkin owned the playoffs, no chance I let him walk. After they babied him so long to have him healthy later on? Now they gonna let him go dominate for another team? Fukk that. But again I don’t see why this means they don’t pay rendon as well?

Hman
    Hman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1222

Good for him

Heltah Skeltah
    Heltah Skeltah's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 507

I'm guessing Cole is happy to see this contract. His number just went up. Some team might have to give him that 8th year now. Yanks offered 7 years 245 million..they gonna have to come up now wth this Stras deal

stealthyburrito
    Alien Robot Sex Party
    stealthyburrito's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11905

245 mil. Though 80 mil deferred. Should help them pursue Rendon. At least to give him a competitive offer.

Earned every penny. Playoff run is up there with '01 Schilling, '14 Madbum.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by Heltah Skeltah View Post
    I'm guessing Cole is happy to see this contract. His number just went up. Some team might have to give him that 8th year now. Yanks offered 7 years 245 million..they gonna have to come up now wth this Stras deal
    Surprised halo’s not bidding thru the roof, I think the pujols contract close to end (should be), they need pitching bad, he west coast guy. Figured once they brought madden in it was a foregone conclusion. He might just be using yanks to drive up price?

SD Fan
    SD Fan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 198

Was really hoping he would be a Padre

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    Disagree with this, pitching trumps a bat and stras fukkin owned the playoffs, no chance I let him walk. After they babied him so long to have him healthy later on? Now they gonna let him go dominate for another team? Fukk that. But again I don’t see why this means they don’t pay rendon as well?
    but u already have two good arms and rendon plays every day and defense and he hits he's a stud, maybe they didn't have a chance to sign rendon and he was always leaving but if had choice between stras or rendon it's easy choice

Heltah Skeltah

Surprised halo’s not bidding thru the roof, I think the pujols contract close to end (should be), they need pitching bad, he west coast guy. Figured once they brought madden in it was a foregone conclusion. He might just be using yanks to drive up price?
    I'm sure Angles r putting together an offer. From what I read it really is between Angles and Yanks

2daBank

but u already have two good arms and rendon plays every day and defense and he hits he's a stud, maybe they didn't have a chance to sign rendon and he was always leaving but if had choice between stras or rendon it's easy choice
    If it a choice between the 2 they made the right one bro. More stud arms the better your chances are. I’m still confused why you think they can’t or won’t sign both? Has it been said they won’t? My guess is they put together what they thought were fair offers for both and signed the one who took it.

Maybe rendon being a pain?
    We don’t really know what going on behind the scenes but like I said if they made a conscious choice between the 2 they made the right one. Much easier to get good enough production at 3rd than it is to find a pitcher like stras who now a proven big time when it counts entity, not many of those. Lots of suitable 3rd baseman, whether they as good as rendon doesn’t much matter cause the dropoff to a just decent 3rd baseman not as great as stras to a middling starter who gets killed in playoffs. There really no argument here.

Heltah Skeltah

[QUOTE=2daBank;29108636]If it a choice between the 2 they made the right one bro. More stud arms the better your chances are. I’m still confused why you think they can’t or won’t sign both? Has it been said they won’t? My guess is they put together what they thought were fair offers for both and signed the one who took it.

I think I saw the Nats come out and say that they could only afford one of the two

2daBank

Gotcha. I never really follow
    Offseason. Spring training will get here and I’ll be all shocked by who on what team.

Still say they absolutely did right thing if it a choice between the 2. Always take a ace over a bat, not even a discussion imo.

thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!

Gotcha. I never really follow
    Offseason. Spring training will get here and I’ll be all shocked by who on what team.

Still say they absolutely did right thing if it a choice between the 2. Always take a ace over a bat, not even a discussion imo.
    Strasbourg can't stay healthy though and he's getting older, is much rather have tendon in his prime than an injury prone ageing pitcher.