VeggieDog
    VeggieDog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20445

Arena League shuts down operations for all six teams

https://www.espn.com/espn/story/_/id...-all-six-teams

Arena Football One has shut down all local business operations and services for all six of its teams, potentially signifying the end of one of the longest-running indoor football operations in the United States due to financial difficulties.

In a statement released Tuesday, the league office said it is still searching for ways to continue operations in the future, but also acknowledged it is laying off employees.

(More at the Link.)

Hman
    Hman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1222

Long overdue

Ian
    Tank Man Lives
    Ian's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 33438

The current administration drove arena football into the ground. Lawsuits, unpaid bills, and uprooting successful franchises doomed the league to failure.

When I lived in Florida in the late 90s and early 00's arena football was a sensation. With proper management, marketing, and tv exposure I have no doubt an arena football leagure could return to profitability, but I don't see that happening with the current ownership.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

all these gimmick leagues garbage

Art Vandelay
    Corona on St. Pats... WTF!
    Art Vandelay's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 57529

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    The current administration drove arena football into the ground. Lawsuits, unpaid bills, and uprooting successful franchises doomed the league to failure.

When I lived in Florida in the late 90s and early 00's arena football was a sensation. With proper management, marketing, and tv exposure I have no doubt an arena football leagure could return to profitability, but I don't see that happening with the current ownership.
    Well said. Was popular in the 90's, early 2000's, - Had alot of teams, AF2 developmental branch - Probably expanded too fast. Since then lots of inept mismanagement led to demise. Thought they were on the right path with rebranding, added a few teams the past couple seasons but now need a break and another reboot.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 396

Always liked indoor soccer better. I watch the MASL on Youtube sometimes.

Otters27
    Otters27's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Loved Arena league betting during late spring time

johnnyvegas13
    johnnyvegas13's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 235

This was still going ?

G Anon Dropout
    G Anon Dropout's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7458

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    all these gimmick leagues garbage
    I don't see why anyone would play in the league with such low pay. Why get concussions and blown out knees for a $20,000 a year paycheck? You'd make more working for Walmart.