thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post

I thinks it over now for real. They don’t even have to beat Cole or JV again. Not that they can’t anyways. These Mfers are on fire at right time.
    I don't trust Sanchez, I think game 3 will be key but I thought this series price as abused from the beginning. Every year teams that weren't great full season but get hot late are undervalued.

thomorino

Quote Originally Posted by pilebuck13 View Post
    Bryce Harper ughhh so unreal Soto is amazing and clutch as fuk
    Looks like nats likely get a title, Phillies get washed up Harper.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by thomorino View Post
    I don't trust Sanchez, I think game 3 will be key but I thought this series price as abused from the beginning. Every year teams that weren't great full season but get hot late are undervalued.
    Nats been great for quite awhile now. I don’t think they were even in the wc spot yet when I took them at asb but you could see before then they were starting to put it together!

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by shocka1212 View Post
    I was saying Nats in 5.... they got me thinking they might sweep now. absurd. good. fuk the Astros and fuk that ump from game 6 of the ALCS
    I honestly didn’t know. Respect Stros, thought they were best team all year., but nats had that feel, glad price was so stupid cause that biggest reason I let future ride, wasn’t worth it to me at that price.

I swear books basically handed me this win. Forced me to take it! From the prices on nats, cards and few others that didn’t make it when I did them at asb all way thru now, lol. I didnt have no crystal ball, just knew dodgers/Braves hype created value on others.

2daBank

Sanchez been pretty good tho, and he have benefit of being able to tip foe a little with pitcher batting. Plus these nats bats on fire! This starting to look like when sox swept cards! Not sure Greinke gonna slow these dudes down! Plus Stros doing same thing as cards now, pressing and making mistakes.

thomorino

Sanchez been pretty good tho, and he have benefit of being able to tip foe a little with pitcher batting. Plus these nats bats on fire! This starting to look like when sox swept cards! Not sure Greinke gonna slow these dudes down! Plus Stros doing same thing as cards now, pressing and making mistakes.
    Yeah I'm not hedging my bets I agree with most of what you said. Sanchez has been strong too. He's hard to trust though, doesn't strike many people out.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

I thought the Nats would win tonight, but I think the Astros take game 3 and make it a series. Could see it go 7.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post
    I thought the Nats would win tonight, but I think the Astros take game 3 and make it a series. Could see it go 7.
    No way it going 7 imo. They might take 3 but I wouldn’t bet on it. I doubt they come back to Houston.

shocka1212
    [Too Long]
    shocka1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3355

No way it going 7 imo. They might take 3 but I wouldn’t bet on it. I doubt they come back to Houston.
    to think..... you were trying to sell me your future not too long ago.

2daBank

Yeah I'm not hedging my bets I agree with most of what you said. Sanchez has been strong too. He's hard to trust though, doesn't strike many people out.
    It annoys me how the analytic geeks think strike outs the be all end all and think any other outs are “luck”.

I’m a big fan of advanced metrics as a tool but the guys who think they the be all end all crack me up. They totally scoff at pitchers knowing how to pitch and forcing weak contact. Pitching is a art, you don’t have to pitch in mid-high 90s and strike out 10 a game to be successful at it!!

Then these dorks will fade a pitcher for years cause they waiting for regression. Get burnt over and over then when guy falls off for whatever reason they say “we told ya, regression!!” Lmfao. Gotta love them Tho, they create a ton of value for me during the season! Lol.,

These same dorks the reason baseball can be so hard to watch now days as nobody values situational hitting, nobody cares if they strike out with man on 3rd less than 2 outs. These Mfers don’t have the 1st clue about the damn game!!! It Crazy to me, there tons of value in lot of those metrics but when you treat them as gospel you ruin them and the game!!!

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by shocka1212 View Post
    to think..... you were trying to sell me your future not too long ago.
    I didn’t even hedge,

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by pilebuck13 View Post
    Bryce Harper ughhh so unreal Soto is amazing and clutch as fuk
    Harper don’t give 2 fukks. He prob thrilled he gets the extra time off. I’ll tell ya this much, if he was on nats they would be watching Stros demolish my cardinals!! Lol

2daBank

1st time cole and JV lost b2b home Games all year!

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Just think this Astros team is perfect with their backs against the wall. 2-0 won’t faze them. Think it will focus them. Sanchez comes back down to earth and the Stros bats wake up. Nats better hope they don’t need Corbin to come in, then lose or else game 4 will be up for the taking as well with having to go with a bullpen game, or start Joe Ross. Was huge getting those runs in the 7th and not having to bring him in with a one run lead. Would be dumb to use him in game 3, but the situation may present itself where it’s needed to get the 3-0 lead. Martinez has maneuvered nicely with his pitching choices, and all of his decisions have paid off. My gut just tells me that this series isn’t done yet. But, I hate the 2-3-2 as well, and it may just be what wins it for the Nats since the Astros gotta take two to bring it home. Somehow I think they do it.

thomorino

It annoys me how the analytic geeks think strike outs the be all end all and think any other outs are “luck”.

I’m a big fan of advanced metrics as a tool but the guys who think they the be all end all crack me up. They totally scoff at pitchers knowing how to pitch and forcing weak contact. Pitching is a art, you don’t have to pitch in mid-high 90s and strike out 10 a game to be successful at it!!

Then these dorks will fade a pitcher for years cause they waiting for regression. Get burnt over and over then when guy falls off for whatever reason they say “we told ya, regression!!” Lmfao. Gotta love them Tho, they create a ton of value for me during the season! Lol.,

These same dorks the reason baseball can be so hard to watch now days as nobody values situational hitting, nobody cares if they strike out with man on 3rd less than 2 outs. These Mfers don’t have the 1st clue about the damn game!!! It Crazy to me, there tons of value in lot of those metrics but when you treat them as gospel you ruin them and the game!!!
    I think analytics have some value but are often overstated like in cases with guys like Sanchez and Lester , Astros lineups is tough to pitch to contact to though.

2daBank

I think analytics have some value but are often overstated like in cases with guys like Sanchez and Lester , Astros lineups is tough to pitch to contact to though.
    Oh don’t get me wrong, they have tons of value. I use them in some fashion in every baseball game I cap (not nearly as much at this point as day to day through season). I’m def a better capper with them. I just don’t agree with the die hards who use them as the be all end all, the real world a grey area not black and white. And I do blame them for some the things about the game right now I don’t like! Lol. Not discounting them in any way, just discounting using them as absolute in a game that has none.

thomorino

Oh don’t get me wrong, they have tons of value. I use them in some fashion in every baseball game I cap (not nearly as much at this point as day to day through season). I’m def a better capper with them. I just don’t agree with the die hards who use them as the be all end all, the real world a grey area not black and white. And I do blame them for some the things about the game right now I don’t like! Lol. Not discounting them in any way, just discounting using them as absolute in a game that has none.
    Agree completely, you don't bunt when a hitter who has 5 straight bits is up, analytics are another tool, but they shouldn't replace human judgment.

First 12